The Last Homely Site on the Web

Thinking of England Forum and Opening the Board

Post Reply   Page 16 of 16  [ 303 posts ]
Jump to page « 112 13 14 15 16
Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 16 May , 2005 2:50 am
Pure Kitsch Flavor

I just have one quick thing to add to this discussion. I do agree that 100 plus posts and 2-3 month membership on the boards should be required for membership in the ToE.

As for sponsorship - there are strong opinions on that, the whole invite thing - so obviously that's not going to work.

What could happen is, when a person wants to gain access to the ToE, they have to let the admins know two weeks before their 3 month / 100 post mark. They would then be given Read Only access to the forum for two weeks. That way, they wouldn't be jumping in headfirst (so to speak ;) ) They would have a chance to read through the threads, and understand the atmosphere and "unspoken rules" before they started posting.

Profile Quote
Impenitent
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 16 May , 2005 4:16 am
Try to stay perky

Estel, we are debating Article 6: Age Restricted Forum here and the ballot will be opened to the vote within the next few days.

Your argument is very, very pertinent for consideration in that discussion. Would you mind posting it there as well? I would copy it across on your behalf, but in view of your request for this to remain very confidential I wouldn't want to do so without your permission.

Please post it there though! It is at the crux of a big debate and needs to be resolved.

[ img ]

"Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not;
and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad." ~Robert C. Savage

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 16 May , 2005 4:24 am

I'm going to make an adminly decision and copy and paste Estel's post into the other thread and lock this one. This issue is too important to risk the confusion of having two parallel discussions going on at the same time.

I don't see any breach of Estel's request for confidentiality by copying her post into another thread in this same forum. Needless to say, her wishes should be respected in any case, given the sensitive nature of her comments

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 16 of 16  [ 303 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest” | Jump to page « 112 13 14 15 16
Jump to: