A MODEST PROPOSAL

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 02 Jun , 2005 1:08 am
Living in hope

Well, I just took two teenagers shopping for clothes—for three hours. . . . :Q

That's probably not your prescription, though, is it, Holby?

Actually I took your advice in another thread and did a lot of heavy gardening this weekend. That definitely felt good, both the awayness and the work!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 03 Jun , 2005 8:42 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

Impenitent wrote:
I personally feel like I've been no help at all these last few weeks
Imp, you're talking tommy rot, my dear. I'm the onewhose been a waste of space. I know I don't have time to debate this stuff. Even less so now that I'm trying to look industrious and interested at work! But I cannot resist popping in to vote, so I can't quite walk away!

Hopefully not long now..

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 03 Jun , 2005 12:50 pm
Tricksy Elf!

I can't help but agree with TORN.

My interest in this proceedure is waneing, mosty because I think that people havel lost sight of what we were trying to do. I am not sure that the lofty goals set out what seams like an age ago have any relevence to the ultra urgent votes recently which have tended to be based upon which twee Tolkinesque reference we will use for another role in the management of the board that somebody decided to throw in.

I would like to say thank you to TORN for starting this, and to apologise to him on behalf of everybody here if peoples response here made him feel unwelcome. I am no longer sure that others will :(

Oh and to everybody who reads this and gets angry, you really do need to sit back and remember, it is just a messageboard.

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Cerin
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 03 Jun , 2005 1:18 pm
Thanks to Holby

Dindraug

Do you really think that the ultra ugent votes have been BASED ON twee Tolkien references?

I think the question of the name of the recordkeeper is the least important aspect of that vote, or perhaps the second least, after the name of the forum for keeping the records.

The important parts of that vote are to provide for those duties to be performed, which are essential to the running of the board.

I wonder if you could name just one thing you think this process has lost sight of, that it had sight of at the beginning. If not, I'm afraid I have no way of understanding what you are talking about.

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 04 Jun , 2005 4:53 pm
Tricksy Elf!

Cerin wrote:
I wonder if you could name just one thing you think this process has lost sight of, that it had sight of at the beginning. If not, I'm afraid I have no way of understanding what you are talking about.
The people, fun, trust. There is three....

Not the most important of course, the most important is that we have a safe enviroment when we open.

It is not that the twee names are the most important issues, it is that they appear to be the most important issues and they are smothering the important issues. They appear in the votes on the constitution and they clog up time which should be taken trying to resolve the issues in hand.

They do not need to be decided now by us here, and when like me you have little on-line time to make those decisions the last thing you want to see is another frickin vote on 'if the admin should be named ranger'. My in box has been clagged with mail on this issue, and it really is driving me away from the issues that are important here.

The reson that this whole constitution was set up was to ensure that we had a good safe enviroment set up, with controls in place before we open up to the vast multitude who are waiting to join.

What relevence to creating a safe enviroment is the name used for admin?

That is my issue here.

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 04 Jun , 2005 5:00 pm

Quote:
What relevence to creating a safe enviroment is the name used for admin?
Din, perhaps I'm just strange (don't answer that :P) but to me the name used for an admin can help create a safe environment, or at least a comfortable one. I feel safer having Rangers who selflessly work to protect our community then Administrators who are either on a power trip or are bureaucratic automatons. Maybe that's just may neurotic hang-up, but it appears that others seem to feel somewhat similarly.

And I think its fair to say that I have also been putting some attention to more substantial issues then "twee names". :)

Profile Quote
Impenitent
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 05 Jun , 2005 11:57 am
Try to stay perky

Leoba wrote:
I'm the one whose been a waste of space. I know I don't have time to debate this stuff. Even less so now that I'm trying to look industrious and interested at work! But I cannot resist popping in to vote, so I can't quite walk away!

Hopefully not long now...
Leoba :hug: You've put in so much when you look at the arc of our development! If your life needs your attention and time right now - then that's what you need to do! I've no doubts at all that when this patch is over for you, your down-to-earth caring and commonsense will benefit us even more.

Besides - what would the RP forum be without you and Din? (and Alandriel, and Nin, and Jae, and Lurea...) So much creative energy focussed there! And it's important to me!

[ img ]

"Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not;
and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad." ~Robert C. Savage

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: