board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Business of Moving Threads (formerly HistoryChannel)

Post Reply   Page 7 of 9  [ 170 posts ]
Jump to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »
IdylleSeethes
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 3:45 am

Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello

Idylle in exile: the view over the laptop on a bad day
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Anthriel
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 5:26 am
Seeking my nitid muliebrity

Echo Echo Echo Echo Echo

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 7:17 am
Tricksy Elf!

Spam Spam SPam

:bawl: :roll:

Just as a favor everybody, just because we don't have much to go on this, can we play in other forums like the Turf or Symposium, and leave the Jury room to conducting buisness.

Please.

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 10:19 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

Din I know how you and Leoba feel about light-hearted stuff in the Jury toom.... but.... this is pretty much the only thread like that. All the others e.g. Administrators Handbook and Jurors handbook especially are still up and running and are still waiting for more input from pannel members, even if it means to post that people are ok with it.

Tell you what - to make it easier, how is if I open a new thread in here and recap on the suggestions made for a name of the forum? Then ongoing things re moving threads can go in here... and only the naming stuff can go over there.

I'll do that now... and if people are not happy with that, then I don't mind if the new thread get's deleted. Fair enough? Perhpas Jny would agree to rename *this* thread since the title has confused people in the past :)

[edit: here is the new thread.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 2:22 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Primula_Baggins wrote:
as I understand it the committee doesn't reconvene for discussion until tomorrow; the nattering is on our own time.
Just wanted to point out what Prim said earlier.

People have been taking a break from all the seriousness and grinding work and are now gearing up to get back down to business. No need to be rude to them for temporarily relaxing.

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Anthriel
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 2:31 pm
Seeking my nitid muliebrity

Sorry, folks. :(

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 2:48 pm
Living in hope

Hey, we were all playing. School was out!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 3:40 pm

Anthy, you have nothing to be sorry for. The last thing that I want is for our new committee members to feel unwelcome, particularly when they have done nothing to justify that.

Profile Quote
laureanna
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 3:59 pm
Triathlete

Jnyusa wrote:
-- B. Summary of Invite Process (laureanna has this in progress?)
:Q

Not that I know of. This is the first I've heard of it.

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 4:43 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

No one was being rude and no-one should feel they're not welcome. Please! :)

Thing is, as Leoba and Din have pointed out, some people have limited time ... and then having to skip read through several pages - well it's unpleasant. Yes - school was out, I know and I had some fun too. Yet it was not very considerate ;) Let's let it rest at that.

In light of laureanna's latest post however I do need to make a serious suggestion to the current Admins (no criticizm! You're all doing an increadible job :D ):

you have a thread in management To do list for opening which needs to be updated (1st post) with who will do what and what's been done and used continuosly for communication.

I'm sorry if I sound worried and as if I'm getting a bit nervous but yes I am when I read posts like laureanna's just now. Remember what it was like with the Invites piling up? Someone needs to keep organizational oversight of stuff and you Admins really need work as a team to see this through. Invites was a previous Admin generation's challenge. Getting ready is your challenge. I'm sure you will do it all just fantastically but you need to communicate better.

Sorry - really no offence meant, at all - but I had to say it

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 5:47 pm

Alandriel, I have to say I find your comment puzzling. laureanna's post that you were referring to was directed at Jn, who is not a Ranger, and the comment did not have anything to do with things that we need to get done before we open. I agree that communication is particularly important right now but I don't understand exactly why this post brought on this concern. Or is there something that I am missing here? :scratch Feel free to PM me if you would like.

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 6:08 pm
WYSIWYG

Well, actually, all the references to laureanna writing something about history of invites was puzzling me too, as she had said she wasn't doing any history writing sometime earlier - don't remember in the course of which discussion - but I didn't say anything as I thought it might have been agreed upon elsewhere. As a matter of fact, I know of no agreement or discussion saying we were going to have such a history in the first place.
So I'm not at all surprised by laureanna's surprise at that.

And I must say I'm getting a bit nervous too, as I'm not sure whether anything at all is being planned or prepared right now for opening, so I think I understand Alandriel's feelings.

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 6:52 pm
Living in hope

Well, yesterday I set up two forums and Voronwe and I moved a ton of threads into the History forum.

I started the "what do we need to do for opening" thread with the intention of editing the first post into a formal list with dates and who's doing it and the whole thing, but I am living right now on four to five hours' sleep a night and can rarely be here for more than five or ten minutes at a time. Until I get the work off my desk, which will take until Monday night at the earliest, I am unable to give consecutive orderly thought to what needs to be done here, and unable to do any task that takes more than five to ten minutes.

Anyone is welcome to tidy up the to-do list if they have time and the wish—edit my post freely.

Otherwise, as I've said elsewhere, I'll be here for extended time on Tuesday and I hope thereafter and will try to catch up on that and other things that need to be done.

I also have on my list that the first post in the Ranger pool post needs to be updated with the charter links, and I still haven't written that training thread on groups.

Anyway, I am thinking about it, and I and other people are working as hard as they can. I am just in a bottleneck.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 7:03 pm
WYSIWYG

Sorry, Prim - but I didn't know you were so busy!
Of course it's no problem to wait a few more days with solving some of the problems.

Yes, I know we got some good things done - I moved a lot of threads around too yesterday - but from what I understand we need to figure out who does what when on opening day, and we haven't even continued discussing when to open since three days - that was making me nervous, I could only think it had been forgotten.

Btw, I had been meaning to write a training thread on groups, too - didn't know you were meaning to as well - should I leave it?

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 7:13 pm

It hasn't been forgotten, Hobby. :)

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 7:16 pm
Living in hope

Hobby, if you want to write that thread, please do it! :) I would be grateful. I forgot about it for a while, and since remembering I have not had time. Thanks for the threads you moved yesterday. There will be more later today, right? Things that will have been ratified as of today.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 7:21 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Alandriel wrote:
Thing is, [snip] and Din have pointed out, some people have limited time ... and then having to skip read through several pages - well it's unpleasant.
And wading through long posts about the history of chronicles and houscarls is better? Sorry, but there seems to be a bit of the pot calling the kettle black here.

And also sorry for continuing this, but I wanted to stick up for Anthy.

Prim, you're doing a wonderful job. Same goes for the rest of the rangers as well. :)

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 7:38 pm

Prim, if you are referring to the Member's Rights, Dispute Resolution and Admin name changeactually they won't be officially ratified until Mon Jun 20 at 11:59pm GMT.

And to set the record straight, I only suggested threads to move into the history forum; Hobby actually moved them. But I did do about 2 and a half pages of turning individual permissions off, and let me tell you, that is the very definition of a tedious task.

So things really are happening. No need to panic yet, Viv. :)

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 7:50 pm
WYSIWYG

Voronwe_the_Faithful wrote:
But I did do about 2 and a half pages of turning individual permissions off, and let me tell you, that is the very definition of a tedious task.

I can only confirm that - I never could do so many in one go! :D

And you provided links to all the threads to be moved, which was much more work than actually moving them! :P :D

From our key principles:

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 7:58 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

I'm not panicking :halo: ..................... yet ;)

but I was getting a wee bit worried there. Thanks Rangers! To all of you and an apology to Prim. I was also unaware that you're so busy in RL.

You all did already a lot - but you need to tell each another what you've done - and for that is the Management Forum (and for us mortals to see and get some reassurance from ;) )
Ideally, we should be pretty much set except for a few things 24h before we open... just because. Contingency :halo: And if you need help ask a previous Admin. I'm quite sure Eru would love to help out and so would I. But it's your call, so I won't say anything furter on the matter.

Do less perhaps, but a bit more organized and above all keep each another updated of what's happened (logging what you've done in one thread)

Thanks for your understanding and for being patient with me :love:

Last edited by *Alandriel* on Fri 17 Jun , 2005 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 7 of 9  [ 170 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest” | Jump to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »
Jump to: