board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Business of Moving Threads (formerly HistoryChannel)

Post Reply   Page 9 of 9  [ 170 posts ]
Jump to page « 15 6 7 8 9
Ethel
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 18 Jun , 2005 10:57 pm
The Pirate's Daughter

I'd say let it disappear with the forum. It's not of any historical importance at B77, and I imagine some people would find it offensive.

Living well is the best revenge. --George Herbert

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 18 Jun , 2005 11:33 pm
Living in hope

Popping in late to say THANK YOU :love: :love: :love: to Jn, who bringeth order out of chaos.

Have the threads you list been moved over from Invites yet? If not, I'll try to get to it next week if no one else takes care of it, but I'm off with everyone for an overnight visit to my parents for Father's Day which I suspect is going to involve a dry martini and a delicious dinner someone else cooked. And no editing. None. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 19 Jun , 2005 1:05 am
One of the Bronte Sisters

turns olive green with envy

Prim, some of those threads are in the business forum. I'm not sure which if any of them remain in the invite forum. Easiest to click on the link, I guess, and see where you end up. I copied most of them from the B-forum thread where we are voting on their disposition. Only one was copied by me from the invite forum ... the one abaout deletion of the forum. That's a sticky in Invites.

Jn

p.s. if and when some admin has the time, it would be helpful to me if the jury room threads already inside the history forum could be unlocked.

You may recall that we changed the article number of the article on admins from A2 to A3 so that it would come after Member Rights, but the early threads about admin still refer to it as Article 2. Then the member rights threads are also referred to as Article 2, which will be confusing for future readers.

I would like to go into the admin threads and change the title to the correct article # (and then change the directory as well) and perhaps put an edit into the first post saying that the article number was changed.

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 19 Jun , 2005 11:08 am
WYSIWYG

Jny, I wasn't sure which threads you need, so I unlocked everything in the history forum. :)

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 19 Jun , 2005 5:23 pm

Thanks, Hobby. I've got a free hour now so I'll do the necessary spiffying up.

Jn

W00t! that was quick. Only three threads had numbers in their title that did not correspond to actual charter.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 6:48 am

Rangers, on the previous page 8 (at 20 posts per page), there are two posts that will become two of the Directory threads for the History forum.

Someone using the Admin i.d. can go ahead and copy those posts and use them to start the two threads. Anth needs to links to complete the comprehensive guide, and I don't think anything will be added to these threads between now and opening.

Whatever editing in has to be done later will just have to be done by an admin.

Thanks,

Jn

EDIT: I just realized that all the threads in the Invite Directory are actually in the Invite Forum. For some reason I thought they were in the Business Forum. Please don't forget to move them to the History forum before Invites is demolished.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 7:04 am

Ah, Prim - thank you! I see that you just took care of the directories.

Meanwhile, I edited my post above regarding the location of the invite threads, so I thought I'd better (1) thank you, and (2) call attention to Question #2 ... rather, reminder #2.

I think we're waiting for that vote to finish, but since the result seems pretty clear at this point, moving those threads is one more thing that we can probably safely do so that it doesn't get forgotten in the Sunday rush.

Jn

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 7:13 am
Living in hope

Jn, I had already decided to do that, last thing before bed, since you have provided that nice list of threads. Moving a thread is not an irreversible action, so I don't think I'm getting above myself to do it before the vote ends. And I, too, have been fretting about good threads maybe getting caught in the implosion.

Besides, what are they gonna do? Fire me? :D

Edit: Yoicks, somebody beat me to it! Well, I was quick enough to get to unlock some of them, anyway. :D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 1:44 pm

Jn, would you mind if I changed the name of "Directory of Invitation Threads" to "Directory of Threads on Invitation and Opening the Board"?

Some of the threads in there are really more about opening the board then about the invitation process per se.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 3:34 pm

Voronwe - sure!

I mean, yes I do not mind.

Jn

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 9 of 9  [ 170 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest” | Jump to page « 15 6 7 8 9
Jump to: