Post Reply   Page 1 of 6  [ 119 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Primula_Baggins
Post subject: To-do list for opening
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 3:06 am
Living in hope

To-do list
Compiled by laureanna.
All Rangers, please edit as things are assigned or done.

done someone is working on it yet to be assigned

- revised Bikeroom sticky – done

- moving Jury room threads over to the 'History' Forum -done

- moving old business room threads over to History Forum in welcome
ongoing / confirm when finished

-"Admin" to "Ranger" on stickies, Admin posts, etc.—Jn is working on this, with help

- New Comprehensive Guide to B77 - Anthy is doing this, laureanna is soliciting input in the Welcome forum.

- Summary of Invite Process –done

- Directory of Charter Convention threads- Jnyusa

-Someone needs to collect results, maybe post a thread in Business announcing them, and lock and unsticky those polls—or move to history? - Done

- finishing sticky for TOE forum according to TOE sticky thread. Impenitent will get in touch with Rangers with final text when ready to put up with Admin ID

Grand opening ceremony planning thread. Committee heads: Maiden & Pippin ongoing

- deciding on exact b77 opening time (co-ordination) ongoing - we seem to all be drifting towards June 27, Sunday Night - Monday Morning, 0:00GMT, which is 4 PM Sunday, June 26, Pacific Time, I think.

- finish to switch off individual permissions. Voronwe is working on it, others might, too.

Schedules

18/19Jun
approx 10pm GMT: ALL poll threads for 'Should this forum be readable by non-members expire

- possibly move m77t geek forum to 'The Roundtable' depending on outcome of poll (Info/Welcome should only contain subfora that are accessible to all) - done

20/21Jun
11:59pm GMT expiry of >> (post results, lock, move)—Voronwe is doing this.
Charter ratification Dispute resolution
Member rights
Changing Admin name

Updates on geocities pages accordingly by Alandriel

Final decision of exact opening time – boardwide announcement

Set up thread in Management re system for handling of new registrees to avoid duplicating effort - i.e. two rangers working on the same person at the same time.—Prim thinks we have this in place already here. Or not? Please post.

Jun 25
9:30 am GMT expiry of (post results, lock, move)
TOE eligibility clause post result, lock and move
update on Geocities accordingly – Alandriel
Check sticky for TOE complete

This sticky in Welcome needs to be replaced with an updated one done by Administrator. Note about ToE should probably be deleted—leave it as a list of current Rangers. Done

Delete Invites forum. Note that some Invites threads are to be archived in History first, assuming approval of the plan in "Threads that have to go."

Delete invite-related threads remaining in "Deleted threads storage" subforum (all the locked threads—Prim checked all)

Delete list of "Invited but not yet registered" people from this post of LIST NEW REGISTRATIONS HERE; delete third and fourth posts of thread once those people have been registered/contacted by email.

- Creation of Michel Delving forum (Mayor) – giving access to Jny to post Charter summary and do general organization

11pm GMT expiry of
Threads that have to go before we open.
Assuming it passes, move keeper Invite threads to History, lock threads that will remain in place in the forums (with disclaimer statements edited into first and last posts)

Jun 26 11:59pm GMTExpiry of Charter poll threads: post results, lock and move / who will do that?
Charter Ratification Art.4 Mayor
Charter ratification goals
Charter Ratification Ownership
Mission statement
Key Principles - Voronwe will do this

- moving of last business & jury room threads over to history.

- switching forum accesses – Alandriel
- Jny opens official ceremony

Post-opening:

- activate new users and log entries. Send welcome email
(Prim to do the honoraries for first new registree)

- update stickies (Change Admin-Ranger) Jury room, Bikeroom, Archive etc.

- Directory of Charter Convention threads - Jnyusa

Last edited by Laureanna Monday June 20, 6:40 PDT

Last edited by Primula_Baggins on Thu 23 Jun , 2005 6:43 am, edited 11 times in total.

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 5:42 am
Living in hope

Top of my head, stream-of-consciousness, unprioritized partial list (hey, I never said I was Jnyusa!):
  • Delete Invites forum on Saturday the 25th, after archiving any threads to be saved
  • Delete any other threads to be deleted
  • Create any new forums (possible ones: History, Michel Delving, Members' Lounge)
  • If TORC threads are to be locked with disclaimers, insert the disclaimers and lock them
  • Delete the list of invited-but-never-registered people in the first post of the member registration thread
  • Tidy up the Business Forum and Jury Room as required (moving locked threads to the History Forum, etc.)
  • Review stickies in Welcome/Info forum—some need updating badly
  • Check Deleted Threads Storage for any threads that need to be really and truly deleted (and there are some leftover Invite threads) and do so
  • FIGURE OUT WHO THE TWO NEW ADMINS WILL BE—they're starting in two and a half weeks. . . .
Please comment, add, rearrange, delete, or whatever.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
laureanna
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 6:11 am
Triathlete

- Find out if Farawen wants to finish the welcome thread, or would like some help on it. It has a very good start.
- On opening day, process all the people who already signed up but are on hold.
-Decide how to to handle or ignore trolls.
-Look thru this thread and this forum - anything to "make nice"?

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 8:13 am
Per aspera ad astra

- finish to switch off indinvidual permissions so that all users are on the same base.

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 12:26 pm

Decide to whether to appoint one or more temp Rangers to help out since Prim is going to be gone a few days early (from June 28 if I remember correctly) and I will be gone from July 1-5.

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 2:49 pm
WYSIWYG

Just a question - why would we need to be so organised about activating registrations? This should be much less work now than before.

No additions right now. :D

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 2:50 pm
Living in hope

A little organization wouldn't hurt if it kept us from bumping heads. :D

Eru told me that activations were fun and the admins raced to do them.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 2:57 pm
Per aspera ad astra

At the time, they had to do them manually, now we just have to add them to all users.....

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 3:47 pm

And then email them to let them know that they have been activated. Particularly the ones that have already registered and are waiting for us to open.

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 4:02 pm
Living in hope

The system will email them automatically, Voronwe, although we might want to add a welcoming email of some kind until the Mayor can take this over.

I think we should activate all those people first thing on the 27th, assuming we're ready then to open.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 4:38 pm

Prim, as our senior Ranger, I think that you should have the honor of activating the first new member when we open our doors at midnight Sunday June 26. Assuming that you can stay up that late, of course. :)

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 4:53 pm
Living in hope

Hot dawg! If it's okay with everyone else, I would be thrilled. But we should all be there if we can and do some.

Midnight Greenwich or Pacific? :P Either one, I'm so there.

Apropos of that, there is something I would like to discuss with all of you.

Alandriel PMed me a while back asking, very tentatively, whether we would mind if she took a part in opening—specifically flipping the switches for the forums. (As you know, as board founder she has permanent admin powers that can't be removed, but she has not used them at all, always asking one of us to do those jobs.)

Alandriel asked me to bring this up with all of you, and said that if there was objection she would understand and withdraw her request.

Personally I think it would be fitting for her to take part. She founded B77 and she has worked hard to help get us to opening. But it is up to you.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 9:35 pm
WYSIWYG

Definitely yes! :D

Both to Alandriel cutting the red ribbon and Prim ushering in the first person! :cheers

So, are we going to do this in a really organised way? Planning exactly who does what when? :Q
Sounds good, but we should get started! :D

Re, activation - I don't know when that welcome e-mail gets sent - and what exactly the steps are for activating someone!

First we add them "all members", then we click on the link in the mail?
Or the other way round? Or does adding them to a group do all at once, activate the membership and send the e-mail?

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 10:56 pm

Definitely yes to Alandriel flipping the switches for the forums. I very happy to hear that she made that request.

Prim, I guess we are talking about midnight GMT, so it will be early for you, laureanna and me. :)

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 11:03 pm
Living in hope

5 PM for you and me—is it 4 for laureanna, or does Alaska do daylight time?

I'm starting to get excited. . . .

[ img ]

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Jun , 2005 12:59 am
WYSIWYG

Can't we do it at a somewhat more decent time for us Europeans?
Ok, I know whatever time we choose, it's awkward for someone. (And I've been up all night for TORC-stuff, too.)

I mean, I'm usually awake at that time - LOL, it's already an hour past that right now - but I'm off to bed in a minute.

What's likely to happen when we open? How long should it be possible to stay around?

Fortunately, for once, with so little work just now, I don't have to get up early. Nin wouldn't be able to be here, I feel sure, though.

From our key principles:

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Jun , 2005 1:23 am

Hobby, we will (assuming everything gets ratified and we resolve the TORC thread issues) be eligible to open at midnight GMT. But I would not object to delaying until midnight Pacific time (which would be 7:00 a.m. your time, correct?) if that is agreeable to everyone else (including Alandriel). I'd love Nin to be able to be there too, but I know her time is limited.

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Jun , 2005 1:46 am
WYSIWYG

Ewww, that would be even worse for me! :Q
And I can't imagine people who'd have to go to work making that.

(Though, I think, midnight PST is 9a.m. here - not too nice for me, too, and certainly impossible for the working people.)

Why does it have to be exactly midnight at either of these places?

If it's at five pm for you, i.e. basically still office hours, then maybe you could also make it an hour or two earlier?

But I guess we could just ask Nin - if midnight is too late for her, too, I'm fine with 2a.m. (i.e. midnight GMT) - I find it easier to stay up late than get up early.

From our key principles:

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Jun , 2005 2:21 am
Living in hope

truehobbit wrote:
Re, activation - I don't know when that welcome e-mail gets sent - and what exactly the steps are for activating someone!

First we add them "all members", then we click on the link in the mail?
Or the other way round? Or does adding them to a group do all at once, activate the membership and send the e-mail?
Hobby, I missed this earlier!

I would add the person to All_Members first, then click the link in the email. That sends out the auto-email to the new member and (I believe) activates them at the same moment.

It might be a nice touch to change their location from "Not yet an active member" to blank.

As for a manual welcoming email, we should be able to come up with one between now and then—actually, I believe Jn has already written templates for a number of the Mayor's business emails, which includes welcome emails, and we might be able to persuade her ;) to let us use that.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Jun , 2005 2:31 am

Quote:
If it's at five pm for you, i.e. basically still office hours, then maybe you could also make it an hour or two earlier?
We can't make it earlier then that because the polls don't end until then.
Quote:
I would add the person to All_Members first, then click the link in the email.
Do we even have the email for all of the people that have registered but have not been activated? Even those who registered before any of us became admins? Is clicking on the link in the email the only way that members can get activated?

As for the manual welcome email that we will send, I personally would dearly love to include the text of the Mission Statement in the email, although I suspect that that idea may not be a popular one.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 6  [ 119 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Jump to: