The Last Homely Site on the Web

ToE Sticky

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Impenitent
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 25 Jun , 2005 11:36 pm
Try to stay perky

draft of the letter to be sent to ToE applicants before permissions are switched on

FYI. I think I've covered all eventualities. If anyone picks up a problem, please advise - otherwise Jn and/or Rangers can store wherever these form letters are stored for use (won't be used for 3 months yet, though. :) )
Quote:
Greetings and welcome [name of poster],

We have received your request for permission to post in the Thinking of England forum and are pleased to confirm that you meet the Board requirements of three months membership of B77 and 100 posts on the Board.

The members who post in the Thinking of England forum have established some specific guidelines by which all must abide in order to post in that forum. These guidelines have been established to preserve the privacy of posters and to ensure that all can use the forum with comfort and a degree of security. We remind you, however, that nothing posted on the internet can be guaranteed to be secure.

These guidelines also appear in the sticky note at the top of the forum and have been ratified by the membership of B77 in our Charter. Before we switch on your access to this forum, we ask you to read the guidelines and agree, by return email, to abide by them. As soon as we receive your confirmation by email you will be given access to the forum. You should then be able to see the Thinking of England subforum in The Round Table forum and be able to read and post in the threads. Please PM or email a Ranger if your access doesn't come through in a timely manner (but please also give us 24 hours leeway to give the Rangers time to do what is necessary).

We hope you enjoy the forum as part of your B77 experience!

===

Guidelines for posters in the Thinking of England forum:

1. Do not post or read in the Thinking of England forum (ToE) if you are under the age of 18.
If you are easily offended by conversations of a sexual nature, or are legally too young to read them (under 18 years of age), then this forum is not for you. Please contact a Ranger (administrator) to be disallowed access to the forum should you be underage or have not requested access. By reading and posting in this forum, you acknowledge that you are over the age of 18. The Rangers and owners of this website cannot be held responsible for any minors who access this forum.

2. Do not repeat anything from the ToE forum to anyone who is not a member of the ToE!
Please do not discuss or allude to anything discussed in the forum elsewhere on this board, elsewhere on the net or where an individual’s privacy may be compromised. If you do not see a person posting in the ToE forum, assume that they do not have access. It cannot be emphasized enough how important privacy is in this forum. If you feel you cannot respect that, please PM a Ranger immediately, so that your permissions for this forum can be removed.

3. Do not post explicit pictures in the ToE forum. There are people here who post from work, and the picture you post could be the picture that gets them fired from their job.

4. Do not post erotic chat in the ToE forum.
If you want to describe what you want to do to/with another poster sexually, take it to email / YM / IM or a message board where that is allowed or encouraged. In other words, no cyber-sex. There are plenty of other venues to take part in that type of conversation. Don't do it here.

5. ToE posters are encouraged to be alert to abusive or exploitive behaviour (especially taking advantage of another’s emotional vulnerability, youth, or inexperience in adult environments). Posters are encouraged to act on conscience when they witness such behaviour and to report any violation of the B77 by-laws to the Rangers.

===

Please confirm by return email that you have read and agree to abide by these guidelines.

With thanks,

Rangers of B77
Thread can be locked if everyone is content with the letter.

Could I also ask a darling Ranger to post the new Sticky with the Admin ID please, and unsticky the superceded Sticky? (and perhaps add 'superceded' or something to thread title so there's no confusion about which is which.)

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 25 Jun , 2005 11:54 pm
WYSIWYG

Alandriel just PMed me, asking that it be done, so I'm on my way! :)

Btw, item 5) is all in bold in Imp's letter, but normal font on the website.
I think it looks better in bold, but that makes it appear like the most important part of the text, and I don't know if that's the case. (Not in bold it looks as if it was not so important, though.)

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 25 Jun , 2005 11:58 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

I'll go and bold it :)

done! It is a most important part :)

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 26 Jun , 2005 12:05 am
One of the Bronte Sisters

This is the agreement letter, right? If yes, I'll copy it into Michel Delving. I left a space for it in FORM LETTERS

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Administrator
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 26 Jun , 2005 12:05 am

Good - I bolded it in the sticky, too. :)

(Should the old sticky remain in the forum or go to History?)

Please PM or email with any questions or concerns. :)
b77_ad at yahoo dot co dot uk

Alatar, Jude, and LalaithUrwen

Profile Quote
Impenitent
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 26 Jun , 2005 12:07 am
Try to stay perky

Yes. :)

I posted here rather than PMing you about it just in case I'd done something stupid that could be pointed by other brains.

Actually, I've just thought of something myself: it should probably include, somewhere at the bottom, a link to the Article in the Charter for further information.

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 26 Jun , 2005 12:15 am
WYSIWYG

I left the old sticky in ToE, where it's already disappeared from view. :)

I put a link to the charter in the new sticky, and a link to the new thread in the old one, in case someone digs it up.

Any complaints, speak up, please! :blackeye

Profile Quote
Impenitent
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 26 Jun , 2005 12:18 am
Try to stay perky

Ack!! :Q :Q :Q

I remembered yet another thing I left off!

Here, let me give the whole text again with the two amendments:
Quote:
Greetings and welcome [name of poster],

We have received your request for permission to post in the Thinking of England forum and are pleased to confirm that you meet the Board requirements of three months membership of B77 and 100 posts on the Board.

The members who post in the Thinking of England forum have established some specific guidelines by which all must abide in order to post in that forum. These guidelines have been established to preserve the privacy of posters and to ensure that all can use the forum with comfort and a degree of security. We remind you, however, that nothing posted on the internet can be guaranteed to be secure.

These guidelines also appear in the sticky note at the top of the forum and have been ratified by the membership of B77 in our Charter. Before we switch on your access to this forum, we ask you to read the guidelines and agree, by return email, to abide by them. As soon as we receive your confirmation by email you will be given access to the forum. You should then be able to see the Thinking of England subforum in The Round Table forum and be able to read and post in the threads. Please PM or email a Ranger if your access doesn't come through in a timely manner (but please also give us 24 hours leeway to give the Rangers time to do what is necessary).

ToE posters are a friendly and welcoming group and you are encouraged to introduce yourself when you arrive in the forum by posting in The n00bie thread. But thre's no hurry; if you wish to wait and find your feet first, that is perfectly acceptable.

We hope you enjoy the forum as part of your B77 experience!

===

Guidelines for posters in the Thinking of England forum:

1. Do not post or read in the Thinking of England forum (ToE) if you are under the age of 18.
If you are easily offended by conversations of a sexual nature, or are legally too young to read them (under 18 years of age), then this forum is not for you. Please contact a Ranger (administrator) to be disallowed access to the forum should you be underage or have not requested access. By reading and posting in this forum, you acknowledge that you are over the age of 18. The Rangers and owners of this website cannot be held responsible for any minors who access this forum.

2. Do not repeat anything from the ToE forum to anyone who is not a member of the ToE!
Please do not discuss or allude to anything discussed in the forum elsewhere on this board, elsewhere on the net or where an individual’s privacy may be compromised. If you do not see a person posting in the ToE forum, assume that they do not have access. It cannot be emphasized enough how important privacy is in this forum. If you feel you cannot respect that, please PM a Ranger immediately, so that your permissions for this forum can be removed.

3. Do not post explicit pictures in the ToE forum. There are people here who post from work, and the picture you post could be the picture that gets them fired from their job.

4. Do not post erotic chat in the ToE forum.
If you want to describe what you want to do to/with another poster sexually, take it to email / YM / IM or a message board where that is allowed or encouraged. In other words, no cyber-sex. There are plenty of other venues to take part in that type of conversation. Don't do it here.

5. ToE posters are encouraged to be alert to abusive or exploitive behaviour (especially taking advantage of another’s emotional vulnerability, youth, or inexperience in adult environments). Posters are encouraged to act on conscience when they witness such behaviour and to report any violation of the B77 by-laws to the Rangers.

For more background info, see Article 6, Age Restricted Forum of our Charter.

===

Please confirm by return email that you have read and agree to abide by these guidelines.

With thanks,

Rangers of B77

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 26 Jun , 2005 12:57 am
One of the Bronte Sisters

Imp,

I'll make those corrections momentarily (I already loaded your earlier draft) but I'm going to show the link differently because I don't think emails can read the url. So the name that goes with the link will be written first and then the link itself will follow as just an http etc.

Jn

EDIT: Here's the link to the post inside FORM LETTERS that contains your draft - for your review:
http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic. ... rd77#89278

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Impenitent
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 26 Jun , 2005 9:32 am
Try to stay perky

You are right, of course. Thank you. :)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: