Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 5:54 am
Seeking my nitid muliebrity

Thank you, laureanna!

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 5:58 am

I guess that's why I couldn't find it. :)

Profile Quote
Anthriel
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 6:00 am

Well, while you're there, VMan, maybe you could sticky my thread?

:D

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 6:39 am
One of the Bronte Sisters

Anth - sorry that I haven't been paying real close attention to this thread. Just read your new Guide and it looks fabulous.

:Wooper:

The two directory threads that I created are still individual posts inside the Jury Room thread entitled, "The business of moving threads,"
because I will stuff as much into them as I can before they are moved to the History forum under the administrator i.d.

The "Directory of Invitation Threads" thread can be started, actually, because there won't be any additions to that. The post is on Page 8 at 20 posts per page (and I'll edit in a link).

I thought we would wait until Saturday to move the "Directory of Charter Threads" thread, just so that any last Charter threads that get started will be in there.

Did any of that make sense? The directories aren't threads yet, they're just posts on page 8 of a Jury room thread (link to follow). A Ranger has to copy the post and use it to start a thread under the Admin i.d. in the History Forum. We haven't done that yet because we're still editing things in.

Post that will become:
Directory of Charter Convention Threads

Post that will become:
Directory of Invitation Threads

I'm actually getting slap-happy at this point. :P

Jn

EDIT: You know what - rangers can start those threads in the history forum using the admin i.d. now. That will be one more thing that's DONE, and Anth will be able to use the links.

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Anthriel
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 1:45 pm

Yes! Yes, it makes sense!

:horse:

I actually knew that those lists were originally posts somewhere, but I didn't know if they had been moved to their own homes yet, and DARNED if I could find them here in the Jury Room... and I LOOKED.

:scratch

And with those links, this document will be cut loose to greet our n00bies... on Sunday :Q .

Thanks, Jn. You're a champ!

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 2:02 pm
Living in hope

It is rather hard to type "on Sunday" without adding ":Q". . . .

Thanks so much for pulling this together, Anthy! :hug:

At what point does this get moved into the Administrator post? Will we wait until Sunday :Q morning so Anthy can add last-minute comments/changes?

I have updated the Administrator post that will be the final Guide home with a link to where the Guide is now.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 2:29 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

WOW - you've done a lot of things while I've wrestled with a crashed computer for the last 48 hours :roll: . But.... it seems ok now (crosses fingers and toes and everyting else.....). Got a lot of catch-up to do. Needless to say, geocities has not budged a single byte but I'll get on it asap.

Anthy: I've also had an idea of how crosslinks to the FAQ might be even better but I'll have to testdrive that idea first and see if my idea holds water or is just full of hot air.

Profile Quote
Anthriel
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 3:03 pm

Alandriel, I thought I hadn't seen you in a while!

I do hope all is well with that computer... :neutral: ; and I look forward to reading your new ideas for links.

Prim, handing over this puppy on Sunday :Q , or even Saturday, is fine with me.

I found where one of you intrepid Rangers have started the threads about the charter outline and invite history, so I just linked them. You folks are speedy!

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 3:14 pm

Quote:
And with those links, this document will be cut loose to greet our n00bies
Wouldn't it be funny if after all this, we don't have any n00bies? :devil:

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 3:19 pm
Living in hope

:Q

No Apocalypse?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 3:30 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

Reminds me of the Ezra Pound poem ...

"I had overprepared the event ..."

:blackeye
Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 4:12 pm

Praise be to Nero's Neptune
The Titanic sails at dawn
And everybody's shouting
"Which Side Are You On?"
And Ezra Pound and T. S. Eliot
Fighting in the captain's tower
While calypso singers laugh at them
And fishermen hold flowers
Between the windows of the sea
Where lovely mermaids flow
And nobody has to think too much
About Desolation Row

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 4:26 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Anthy I just re-remembered soemthing that does need to go into the guide since we don't have a front page statement per se on this free board (but we do have one on our board 77 dot com.. yet... to make it watertight please include this into the guide:

1: Disclaimer statement

A statement on the front page of the Message Board and on the registration form will state:
[This is only possible once we move. This statement needs to go into the Comprehensive guide in welcome for the time being and on the Front page of www board 77 dot com]
Quote:
“Notice: Adult language is allowed on B77, but generally occurs no more frequently than in real life. We do require that members be at least thirteen years of age before joining. This board also contains an age restricted forum for discussion of topics inappropriate for children. The contents of this forum are not accessible to members who are under the age of eighteen, nor are they immediately accessible to the newest registrants.

All new Board registrations must provide their date of birth and a confirmation email from the member’s registration email address before membership [in this forum] is activated.”
the [..] is my editing suggestion for clarification.

This is in compliance with Art.6 paragraph 1

[edit]: and something else : Rangers please, can you update the ToE forum description also in line with the Charter text:
Art.6p2 wrote:
The “Thinking of England” forum header will be visible in the index but access is restricted to those who have specific permission to do so. The forum description will state: "Discussion of topics inappropriate for children; not accessible to those under the age of eighteen."

Profile Quote
Anthriel
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 4:47 pm

Alandriel, I thought I hadn't seen you in a while!

I do hope all is well with that computer... :neutral: ; and I look forward to reading your new ideas for links.

Prim, handing over this puppy on Sunday :Q , or even Saturday, is fine with me.

I found where one of you intrepid Rangers have started the threads about the charter outline and invite history, so I just linked them. You folks are speedy!

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 5:10 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Well - so far so good with this computer (though it is a bit 'wobbly') lol and I hope it stays that way until at least Monday night.

Anthy: about that idea for 'hot-linking' to the FAQ individual topics. Good news.. it can be done :)
Bad news: it would mean that every topic in that thread would need to go into a new, seperate post, to which you then could link through post ID link. I've done a thread over at the experimental board if you and/or a Ranger is interested in contemplating perhaps such a move
Go here to have a peek.

Is it worth the hassle... well, I'm not entirely sure to tell you the truth. I guess that would be up to the Rangers to decide.

Profile Quote
Anthriel
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 7:59 pm

Y'know, it took me a while to figure this out, but I have a double post going on here... separated by 1.5 hours, and several of YOUR posts.

:Q

How in the Sam Hill did I manage that?

:scratch

Anyway, I'll add your disclaimer text to the guide, Alandriel. I'll add it first to my copy of the guide here in the Jury Room, so we can see how it looks... I think it may fit in best at the end of the text, but I can see how an argument about it being a better fit at the beginning of the text would have merit, as well.

I added the text of the guide to the first post in this thread, so that it... and its incremental changes... would be easy to find.

As to the linking magic you've described, Alandriel... not only am I not tech savvy enough to understand the differences between what I have and what you have proposed, I cannot get onto the experimental board to see it. (I didn't think I could, but I did give it a go...)

The Rangers will have to decide what they want to do, then. I am, of course, willing to assist in any typing changes that need to be effected... let me know!

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 8:38 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

You've got to register to get onto the experimental board... which is just as well for then you'll have all the Ranger trainings threads right under your nose ;)

When you register you'll get an email and when you hit the link in that email your registration will automatically be activated for the experimental board. Then you can go and see the thread (and many other things :) )

As to where to put the disclaimer... probably nearer the top would be best. You might want to add it under your 'Structure of board 77' section where you also mention the ToE. I think that would probably make the most sense.

Thanks Anthy :)

Profile Quote
Anthriel
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 9:30 pm

Quote:
You've got to register to get onto the experimental board... which is just as well for then you'll have all the Ranger trainings threads right under your nose ;)
:suspicious:

And just WHAT did you mean by that, missy?

;)

I'm not tech savvy enough to be a Ranger! (Although it IS a cool name... did I ever mention that "Ranger" was the nickname I called my horse- 30 or so years ago- after I first read LOTR?)

:horse:

Anyway, I did register there, and will play in there later today.

I'll also move the location of the disclaimer text... I think your suggestion sounds good. :)

Edited: typo

Last edited by Anthriel on Fri 24 Jun , 2005 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 9:50 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Soooooooooo... you registered..... heheeh =:) then thou shalt become an Admin over there

why?

erm.... just because :halo: I think you'd make a fine Ranger one day :D

Thanks that you liked my suggestion :)

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 10:08 pm
Living in hope

Psssst! Anth!

You don't need to be tech savvy to be a Ranger!

We have it all figured out . . . now. . . . :D

And I second Alandriel: You'd be a great Ranger.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 4 of 6  [ 106 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Jump to: