VOTE OVER -- Preliminary Ballot/Denial of Access

Locked   Page 18 of 18  [ 349 posts ]
Jump to page « 114 15 16 17 18
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Sep , 2005 2:24 pm
Not so deep as a well

Voronwe--

I suspect that having most questions settled may mean tie results can be addressed fairly easily. Don't kick yourself too hard yet.

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Sep , 2005 2:29 pm

Yes, I do remind myself that this is a preliminary ballot. Hopefully the tie(s) can be resolved in the final ballot. :)

Cerin
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Sep , 2005 3:03 pm
Thanks to Holby

Quote:
Estel, I'm assuming that the mediator spoken of is a volunteer mediator from the jury pool here in the jury room.
Yes, this was my understanding.

I'll get to counting in just a bit.

Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Sep , 2005 3:25 pm
Not so deep as a well

I think the expectation for ballots should be that if a term is used that's defined in the Charter, it means the same thing unless otherwise noted, in which case a different term should almost certainly be used to avoid confusion.

We should add that to the committee handbook....

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Cerin
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Sep , 2005 4:22 pm
Thanks to Holby

Voronwe and I concur on the ballot results, pending Estel's vote on #19. Once she has voted on #19, I'll post the results here, and then we'll head over to the new thread to continue.

Thanks everyone!

Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Sep , 2005 4:37 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

Cerin wrote:
Quote:
Estel, I'm assuming that the mediator spoken of is a volunteer mediator from the jury pool here in the jury room.
Yes, this was my understanding.
If this is the case, I am really unsure what to answer. I would say a mediator, but if it is not a ToE mediator, then it's probably someone who doesn't have access to the forum, and I don't really like that idea. I dislike the idea of Rangers having complete control of the process even more, however.

I guess, since I have to answer, I'll say B for #19.

Not happy about this question.

Cerin
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Sep , 2005 4:44 pm
Thanks to Holby

Thank you, Estel.

I think the idea was to have an objective observer to verify that the objections fit the standard. But that model did not prevail in any case, so the question is actually moot, if that's any help.

Will post results shortly.

Cerin
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Sep , 2005 5:28 pm
Thanks to Holby

Here are the ballot results:

Question 1. The following text will be added to the ‘PLEASE READ before posting in this forum!’ sticky in the ToE forum under a heading, ‘Denying Access to this Forum’.
A. I agree to include the portion of the statement shown in red
B. I agree to include the entire statement
C. I do not agree to include any of the statement

B=5
A=3

Question 2. We will use the following statement (from the Bike Racks proposal) as a Preamble to the amendment text in the Charter:
A. I agree to use the statement
B. I do not agree to use the statement

A=8

Question 3. What will be the period of time for ToE posters to consider a petitioner to the forum and for the objection process to take place?
A. One week
B. Ten days

B=8

Question 4. If an applicant is denied access to the forum, what will be the period of time before they can re-apply?
A. 3 months
B. 6 months
C. 1 year

B=7
A=1 (after runoff)

Question 5. The instructions for the objection procedure in the petitioner’s threads in ToE will conclude with this sentence:
A. I agree to include this statement
B. I do not agree to include this statement.

A=7
B=1

Question 6. A Ranger will send an email acknowledgment to each person who submits an objection, to let them know their objection has been received, and will forward a copy of this acknowledgment to a designated ToE member.
A. I agree to include the portion of the statement shown in black
B. I agree to include the entire statement.

B=6
A=2

Question 7a.
A. I prefer the text in red to the text in blue
B. I prefer the text in blue to the text in red

A=7
B=1

Question 7b.
A. I agree to include this statement.
B. I do not agree to include this statement

A=8

Question 8. When the designated period is over, a Ranger will announce in the ToE thread whether the petitioner is granted or denied access,
A. and will list the names of those who objected
B. and will include the number of objections received

B=8

Question 9. If no member voices an objection, the petitioner will be granted access to the forum at the end of the (designated) period and should announce their arrival in the Welcome thread in the forum, which will be created for this purpose.
B. I agree to include the entire statement

B=7
A=1

Question 10. At the end of the deliberation period, a Ranger will supply the petitioner with the text of any objections lodged against them. If the applicant has been rejected, they may reapply at the end of the designated period, and the process will be repeated.
A. I agree to include only the portion of the statement shown in black.

A=5
B=3

Question 11. After the objection period has concluded and the results have been posted, a Ranger will delete the petitioner's thread after a period of
A. one day
B. three days
C. one week

B=8 (after run-off)

Question 12. A committee composed of volunteer ToE posters and Rangers will annually review these procedures to assess their effectiveness and determine if changes need to be made. If changes are required, they will make this known to the board at large and the usual procedure for amending the Charter will be followed.
A. I agree to include this statement
B. I do not agree to include this statement

A=7
B=1

Question 13. When a member requests access to the forum
A. A Ranger will post their name in the permanent thread kept in the forum for that purpose.
B. A Ranger will title an announcement thread in the ToE forum with the petitioning member’s name and will post in it the following text:
(Member name) has requested access to this forum. Members have until (designated amount of time from day of announcement) to decide if they are personally uncomfortable with having this person in the forum.
C. A Ranger will title an announcement thread in the ToE forum with the petitioning member’s name and will post in it the following text:
(Member name) has requested access to this forum. Members have until (10 days from day of announcement) to consider whether they have a reasonable belief that the rules pertaining to posting on the ToE forum are likely to be broken by the petitioner based on past experience either here or elsewhere. Those rules include posting in a manner that ridicules, demeans or threatens other posters, or engaging in provocation or the spreading of sensitive information.
D. A Ranger will title an announcement thread in the ToE forum with the petitioning member’s name and will post in it the following text:
(Member name) has requested access to this forum. Members have until (10 days from day of announcement) to voice their objection if they have reason to believe that the petitioning member poses a danger to the community.

C=5
A=3 (after run-off)

Question 14. If a current ToE poster does not want the petitioning member to have access to the forum, then that poster will
A. will post the following sentence and only the following sentence in the petitioner's thread:
I am asking for a veto-vote of this poster.
If two additional ToE posters subsequently post the following sentence (and only the following sentence) in the thread:
I support the call for a veto-vote.
Then the poster who started the thread will add a poll to the thread in which ToE members may register their objection by voting in the poll. If the number of votes exceeds 1/3 the number of ToE members, the petitioner is denied access.
B. PM a Ranger/send an email to the Admin. account stating their objection and giving a brief explanation of the reasons.
Once two objections have been received, a Ranger will announce in the petitioner's thread that objections to the petitioner gaining access to the forum have been submitted, and will state the nature of the objections. The thread will continue to be updated in this way if additional objections are received. Approximately halfway through the objection period, the Ranger will add a poll to the thread. ToE members who believe the petitioner should be denied access based on the objections listed will vote in the poll. If 12 ToE members vote to exclude the petitioner, the petitioner will be denied access.
C. PM a Ranger/send an email to the Admin. account stating their objection and giving a concise one to two sentence explanation of the reasons.
Once an objection has been received, a Ranger will add a poll to the petitioner's thread in the ToE forum and state that an objection to the petitioner gaining access to the forum has been submitted. Other ToE members may then register their objection either by PM/email or by voting in the poll.

B=5
C=3 (after runoff)

Question 15a. How many additional ToE posters must email their objections to initiate the threshold of 10 votes for denial of access?
A. Three additional posters
B. Four additional posters

A=7
B=1

Question 15b.

B=5
A=3

Question 16. The poll will offer one of the following pairs of options:
A. I do not want this person to be a member of ToE
A. I do not want this person to be a member of ToE
B. I do not want this person to be a member of ToE
B. I want this person to be a member of ToE
C. I do not want this person to be a member of ToE
C. I abstain
D. I do not want this person to be a member of ToE
D. This option is only here because a poll requires at least two options

D=5
C=3 (after runoff)

Question 17. When a member requests access to the forum, a Ranger will title an announcement thread in the ToE forum with the petitioner's name and will post in it the following text:
A. (Member name) has requested access to this forum. Members have until (10 days from day of announcement) to voice their objection if they have a reasonable belief that the rules pertaining to posting on the ToE forum are likely to be broken by the petitioner based on past experience either here or elsewhere. Those rules include posting in a manner that ridicules, demeans or threatens other posters, or engaging in provocation or the spreading of sensitive information.
B. (Member name) has requested access to this forum. Members have until (10 days from day of announcement) to voice their objection if they have reason to believe that the petitioning member poses a danger to the community.

A=4
B=4

Question 18. Members will then
A. submit their objections by PM to a Ranger or email to the Administrator account with a brief explanation. If a Ranger receives an email or PM objecting to the petitioner gaining access to ToE, they will announce in the petitioner’s thread in ToE that such an objection has been received, and will state the nature of the objection. If the number of valid objections exceeds 5, the petitioner is denied access to the forum for (designated time period).
B. voice their objection by posting a brief explanation in the petitioner's thread. If a member does not wish to make their objection publicly, they may submit it by PM/email. A Ranger will announce in the objection thread that such an objection has been received. If the number of valid objections exceeds 10, the petitioner is denied access to the forum for (designated time period).
A. I choose only the text of option A shown in black.
B. I choose the text of option A shown in black and the text shown in red
C. I choose the full text of option A
D. I choose only the text of option B shown in black
E. I choose the full text of option B

A=5 E=2 C=1 or A=8 (after runoff)

Voronwe and I both had A as the winner, though it appears our runoff process was different (and so the different final numbers). We will confer about that when he has access to his notes again, but I think the important thing is that there is no doubt that A won the majority.

Question 19. The first poster to object in the thread will contact two or more Rangers and ask that either a Ranger or a mediator follow the process to make sure all of the objections are within the stated guidelines.
A. A Ranger
B. A mediator

B=5
A=3

I will compile the two amendments and post them in the first post in the next thread, and we can continue our discussion there.

Alatar, may I ask that you please lock this thread.

Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Sep , 2005 9:55 pm
of Vinyamar

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 18 of 18  [ 349 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest” | Jump to page « 114 15 16 17 18
Jump to: