board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Mediation of SF, C_G, Ara, Meril, Yov and Ax - Part Two

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject: Mediation of SF, C_G, Ara, Meril, Yov and Ax - Part Two
Posted: Sat 22 Oct , 2005 8:20 pm

I am starting this thread for two reasons. First, to publicly apology to C_G, Yov and Meril for being unnecessarily and unproductively harsh and unbending. Rangers, please leave that other thread in place for now, as there is some information in it that we may need to refer to. But when this is done I will want to archive it as an example of how NOT to act as a board77 mediator.

I have PMed all of the principles to this dispute to apologize to Yov, Meril and C_G, and to make a proposal to each. I have asked them to get back to me privately. Ax already has. SF, C_G, Ara, Meril, and Yov please don't reply in this thread to my proposal, though you are all welcome to post here otherwise if you have any questions.

I want to emphasize that I have not given any deadline for responses. Assuming that y'all will still have me, I will continue to work with you as long as it takes to reach an agreement that satisfies everyone, and eliminates the ongoing disruption to the board without losing the imput of valuable posters. That is my promise.

I'm sure I probably don't need to say this, but just to make things absolutely clear, to everyone other then Ax, Yov, Meril, Ara, C_G or SF, please do not post in this thread. :)

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Oct , 2005 2:09 pm

I wanted to give an update, since this is taking a bit longer then expected, and I know that there is widespread interest in reaching a resolution to this that will help prevent the kind of disruptions to the board that we have seen.

I am happy to announce that we have reached a tentative agreement that has been approved by four of the involved parties (including the two main principles, SF and C_G, both of whom were extremely helpful and cooperative in coming to the agreement). I am still waiting to hear from one person on both sides before the agreement can be formalized.

If anyone is touch with Yov, please ask him to check his PM, and get back to me.

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Oct , 2005 3:28 pm
Not so deep as a well

He may have hurricane damage issues, Voronwe. Has he posted since Wilma came through?

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Oct , 2005 4:30 pm

No. But I sent him a PM well before Wilma came through and he didn't pick it up. I think he is just taking a break from all the stress (understandable). But obviously we need his agreement before we can finalize this.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Oct , 2005 4:46 pm

Further update. We now have everyone's agreement except Yov. Hopefully he'll show up in the next few days. If not, I'll probably go ahead and announce the agreement and ask those who have agreed to affirm so here so that we can put an end to this as much as possible, for all concerned.

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Oct , 2005 5:50 pm

He's around. He posted yesterday and today. Hopefully he'll concur soon.

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Oct , 2005 6:26 pm
Not so deep as a well

Thanks, CG.

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Nov , 2005 4:51 pm

Well, it does not appear that Yov is going to respond to my PM. My understanding, though I haven't heard it directly, is that he does not want to deal with anything stressful right now. I can understand and respect that, but it is important to get some closure from the situation for everyone else involved (including me), so I am going to go ahead and post the agreement that the other five parties to the dispute have agreed to. I wan't to reiterate how please I am with the cooperation that C-G, SF, Ara, Meril and Ax have shown in working this agreement out. Here is the agreement:
Quote:
The parties to the Mediation agree to do the following things:

1. Avoid all name calling (including calling each other idiots, hypocrites, ass-lickers, pig farmers or other derogatory terms or terms perceived as derogatory) at all costs.

2. In order to avoid ad infinitum back and forth debates about Libertarianism, if a debate about liberterianism arises, each of the six parties to the dispute can respond to someone from the other side only once in a day. So there will be a total of up to three responses on either side. The parties can make other posts on the subject, but can not direct those posts to one of the parties on the other side (including asking them to provide answers to questions), nor quote or paraphrase statements made by the other side (with or without attribution).

3. Avoid asserting extreme positions unless without supporting those positions with logical arguments, not just an assertion of a belief system.

4. Avoiding being condescending when debating with not only each other, but with others as well.

5. Take the time to think before posting.

The parties further agree that if one party feels that one of the others is violating the letter and spirit of the agreement, rather then calling the other person on it directly, they will contact the mediator and let him know. The mediator would then decide (perhaps in consultation with others such as the current Rangers of the day and maybe Jn if she agrees) whether there really has been a violation. At the first violation, the poster would be given a warning. If a second violation occurs, a hearing would be called and the person would be subject to discipline up to and including being banned.
Yov, if you see this at some point, if you could affirm that you also agree to abide by these terms, I would greatly appreciate it.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 Nov , 2005 3:43 pm

Hello all. Sorry for whatever problems or whatever I may have caused. My head was in a really bad place for a while there and this whole thing was affecting me really negatively, leaking into RL, if I gave it any energy at all. As a result I decided to completely break off from this. I'm considerably better now but still not feeling up to engaging in any of this. I didn't really read this though the bit I skimmed made it seem like something was resolved.

As for my part, the thought of even opening a political thread right now makes me cringe so I don't think you'll get much trouble outta me on that front. ;)

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 Nov , 2005 5:16 pm

Thanks, Yov. I'm sorry that you've been having a hard time, but I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest”
Jump to: