The Last Homely Site on the Web

Old list of registrations

Locked   Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
Estel
Post subject: Old list of registrations
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 12:17 am
Pure Kitsch Flavor

Please add here ANY and ALL new users you take any action on that have registered since March to avoid problems and oversights 04Mar 13:17 / As to the proposed HOW to do it, please see my suggestion entry 04Mar further along. 13:53 Thanks ~Alandriel~

---------------------

I'll list the names here of new registered users who have not yet been approved.

If anyone does email them, whether personal email or otherwise, please post here as soon as you do. That way, we won't be sending them multiple emails.

Thanks

Estel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Requests coming in from B77dotcom admin email addy
- possible members that have not yet registered an ID. Once they have registered an ID please move the entry to the second post. Thank you :) Only one entry per member or possible member please to avoid confusion and doubles.

TheWhiteTree: info email sent (Alandriel 10:30am 02Mar05) / TWT returned email and is now looking for a sponser. He'll get in touch with some B77 members. (Alandriel 11:34-03Mar) //

Magpie (aka Thain of Frodo's Kitchen). Invitation thread is already in process / poll to be added 4Mar exp. 13Mar / email info sent re that Alandriel 10:30am 02MAR05 / very possibly the same person as registered with the ID Sister Magpie (very similar email addies) Alandriel 12:30am 02Mar05 // Sister Magpie IS Magpie (confirmed by samaranth) --> entry moves to Sister Magpie . This entry is done. (Alandriel 07:55-03Mar)

aulini: a Manwe post apparently / info email sent Alandriel 10:50am 02MAR05 / replied back. Is rather curious. Might contact a member for sponsorhip (Alandriel 11:42-Mar03) //

sugaplum info email sent (Alandriel 11:45-03MAR)/ another reply sent Eruname (4pm)/invitation thread started.

Last edited by Estel on Wed 02 Mar , 2005 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 12:28 am
Pure Kitsch Flavor

List changed and a bit re-organized with Estel's permission :)

Registration list: - posters who have already registered their username on B77
Important addition March 06: please change the 'location' of such users to read Not yet an active member and reset that to zero once they've gone through the invite process and you active them. This is to help avoid confusion amongst members of just who IS actually here and approved yet and who isn't.

Please update when taking ANY action. State what you did and add – don't edit ;) - your name and timestamp, so hopefully we won't have confuzzlements – thanks.

Email drafted by Berhael to send out to those that don't have a 'sponsor'
Quote:
Dear ... ,
Thank you for your interest in Board77 and registering with us. Regretfully, at the moment it is an invitation only board. If you would like to join, please contact someone you know who is a member so that we can put up a vote for you. You can find more information about us here:

www.board77.com

Alternatively, if you heard of us on TORC, please tell us with whom you posted there so that we can find an appropriate person to sponsor your invitation.

Thank you.

B77 Administration
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eborr : thread in invitation / Ber sent email and will make poll when time's up / also Estel emailed

sauronsfinger: thread in invitation Eruname sent mail (according to thread) / sauronsfinger also got in touch via B77dotcom admin email / Estel mails / ~~ I'll leave that one up to you Estel ;) Leoba emailed 6 March re waiting time and order of acceptance of new members.

Ara-Anna: if she's the same as Ari-Anna ?? / Invitation thread ex 26 FEB with poll exp 09Mar / Ara-Anna mailed b77dotcom admin email / Estel mailed / ~~ leave that one up to you Estel

Frodophile: no on board77 action yet / Berhael mailed / Invitation thread (Alandriel 12:12 Mar03)/sent admins email requesting that name be removed as no longer wanted to join/Eruname granted request and said we would finish poll and invite would remain if poster ever changes mind/poll concluded march 16 with an invite/Eruname mailed him to let him know that he could join in the future if he wishes/added to Declined membership list/decides to join March 18/Eruname activates on March 18

capt.jack_sparrow : no action yet (Wilma & *E* know him and might sponsor him though) / info sent Alandriel 11:00am 02MAR /

HaplosDog : no action yet / info email sent Alandriel 11:05 02Mar05 /

Galadriel_elanor: registered; sent info email Alandriel 11:00/ 03Mar

tolkienpurist registered, invite thread is up. Jny taking care of correspondence (Alandriel 11:10 03Mar) //

Terlis info sent (Alandriel 12:05-Mar03)/another email sent asking him if he knew anyone who could be his sponsor (Eruname 5:04pm)/said vison knows him best, Eru wil contact vison (March04)/started invitation thread Eruname

SugaPlumEruname volunteered to be sponsor in email/started invitation thread (Mar03-5:05pm)

Bessthebard Registered/Mummpizz decides to sponsor and starts invitation thread/Eruname sends email letting Bess know (March04 12:31pm) / Berhael activates membership and all permissions (15 March)

Tar-Elenion Registered 4th March. No threads/invites/action yet. Has been emailed.

Sojourner Registered 4th March. No threads/invites/action yet. Has been emailed.

Llinos Registered 6th March. No threads/invites/action yet. Has been emailed.

Aquarius Registered 7th March. No threads/invites/action yet. Has been emailed.

vynaca_of_mirkwood Registered 8th March. No threads/invites/action taken. Emailed March 10, 2005.

THE_King_of_TORC Registered March 11th. No action taken due to halted invites. Emailed March 11.

Ugluk Registered April 5. "Not now" email sent by Prim 3:10 05APR05.

10FTTALL Registered 1 May. "Not now" email sent by Voronwe_the_Admin

Activated users:
(please remove/paste entries in here once user is active or deleted for any reason)

Randir: Role Playing ID / Approved for There & Back Again Forum Only

Elegy: no action yet / info email sent Alandriel 11:05 02MAR05 / email bounced back with "This is a permanent error.This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account" That's the end of that one then. Failing to register a valid email... will delete user now /

Lord_Morningstar registered through invitation process. Invite thread closed and removed. Acces given (Berhael&Alandriel&Eruname) 13:25 Mar04)

GandalfStormcrow: registered new active member. Poll closed 28FEB. Welcome aboard :) activation email sent.(Alandriel 11:15 -03Mar)

Hunter: registered new active member. Poll closed, March 6. Activation email sent - Leoba.

Marty : registered new active member. Poll closed March 5. Activation email sent - Estel

TORN :x : registered new active member. Poll closed March 5. Activation email sent - Estel

Diamond of Longcleeve: registered new active member. Poll closed March 6. Activation email sent - Eruname

The_Watcher: registered new active member. Poll closed March 6. Activation email sent - Estel

Angbasdil: registered new active member. Poll closed March 9. Activation email sent - Estel

TheEllipticalDisillusion: registered new active member. Poll closed March 9. Activation email sent - Estel

Dave_LF: Previously registered. Invite thread run and completed. Activated on 9th March - Eruname

sh_wulf: registered new active member. Poll closed March 9. Activation email sent - Estel

Queen_Beruthiel: registered active member. 9th March. Activated - Leoba

Old_Begonia: registered active member. Poll closed March 9th. Actived March 10 - Eruname (permissions were done, but account not activated. Fixed - Estel)

Cerin Previously registered. Invite thead run and completed. Activated on March 10 - Eruname

Tinwe_Linto: Previously registered. Invite thread run and completed. Activated on March 10 - Eruname

Themedes: registered active member. Poll closed March 3. Activated on March 10 - Eruname. Activation Email sent - Estel.
(permissions were done, but account not activated. Fixed - Estel)

Eltirwen: registered active member. Poll closed March 6. Activated on March 10 - Eruname

Winged_Balrog: registered active member. Poll closed March 9. Activated on March 10 - Eruname

ToshoftheWuffingas: reigistered active member. Poll closed 11th March. Activated. - Leoba

Wilko: registered active member. Poll closed March 11. Activeated on March 11 - Eruname

IdylleSeethes: registered active member. Poll closed March 10. Activated March 11 - Eruname

kams: registered active member. poll closed March 11. Activated March 11 - Eruname

The Tennis Ball Kid: registered active member. poll closed March 12. Activated March 12 - Griffon64

MaidenOfTheShieldArm: registered active member. poll closed March 12. Activated March 12 - Griffon64

eborr: previously registered. Poll closed March 12. Activated March 12 - Eruname

lacemaker: registered active member. poll closed March 12. Activated March 12 - Eruname

wolfgangbos: registered active member. poll closed March 12. Activated March 13 - Griffon64

Didi: registered active member. poll closed March 04. Activated March 13 - Griffon64

Pippin4242: registered active member. poll closed March 04. Activated March 14 - Griffon64

theoryman: registered active member. poll closed March 12. Activated March 15 - Griffon64 NOTE: I can't access the Admin account from work. If another Admin can send out the invite email please, else I will do it this evening from home

Sister_Magpie: no action yet / info email sent Alandriel 11:00am 02MAR / very possibly the same person as registered with the ID Sister Magpie (very similar email addies) Alandriel 12:30am 02Mar05 - see previous post. Invite for Magpie is already running // Sister Magpie IS Magpie, confirmed by samaranth who's also in email contact (Alandriel 07:55 Mar03) / invitation thread (Alandriel 12:10 Mar03) // Alandriel activated and email sent 14Mar, invite thread moved since previous registration // all done - welcome aboard :)

Riverthalos: invite thread finished, locked on 14 March by Berhael. Email sent (by laureanna). Will move to Deleted threads when she registers.

Aerin, poll closed 14 March. Registered, activated 14 March. - Leoba

RELStuart, Registered and activated 14 March. Welcome email sent. - Leoba

OldToby: registered and activated 14 March. Welcome email sent. - Leoba

Northerner: registered active user. Poll closed March 13? Activated March 14 - Eruname

vincent: previously registered. Poll closed March 14? Activated March 14 - Eruname

metchild registered and activated March 14 - Eruname

Teltasarewen registered and activated March 14 - Eruname

tolkienpurist: previously registered. Poll closed March 15. Activated March 15 - Eruname

Riverthalos: registered and activated March 15 - Eruname

Wampuscat: sent invite email - Eruname. Registered and activated 16 March - Leoba

Donernilwen: Registered and activated 16 March - Leoba

Frelga: registered and activated March 17 - Eruname

moonfariegalena: registered and activated March 18 - Berhael

Gungir: registered and activated March 18 - Eruname

Sidonzo: registered and activated March 18 - Eruname

sugaplum : registered and activated March 20 - Leoba

roaccarcsson: activated March 29 - Leoba

Amrunelen: activated March 29 - Leoba

Anya_and_Peter Registered 10 April. "Not now" email sent by Prim 10APR05. Discovered to be RP ID of TurelieLurea :oops: and activated 18 April by Prim.

PrinceElessar RP ID of EdaintheRanger. Registered and activated 23 April by Prim.

Fey RP ID of Donernilwen. Registered and activated 23 April by Prim.

10FTTALL Registered 1 May. "Not now" email sent by Voronwe_the_Admin

RoseMorninStar Someone finally found her email address and contacted her. She was voted in back on March 9th. Registered and activated May 1 by laureanna.

Last edited by Estel on Thu 10 Mar , 2005 9:06 pm, edited 11 times in total.

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 8:03 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

I've changed and updated Estel's list. Please keep adding as you go along. Thanks :)

oh ! And Estel: if you get mails from the b77 dot com account please add them here . Perhaps change your first post here slightly and add that info in there so that we can keep track of who comes through which channel ;)

Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 8:13 am
Pure Kitsch Flavor

Will do so :)

And Randir is an RP name and has been approved as such :)

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 8:19 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

I think - preferrably we should send email from only one account. We have the b77 dot come one and the yahoo one.
Estel told me all Admins here know how to access the b77dotcom account so could I please ask you to switch over to that one as soon as possible since this will be our future anyway ;)

If you don't have the relevant info - please PM me or Estel. Thanks :mrgreen:

Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 8:40 am
Milk and kisses

Sorry. I hadn't used the Yahoo one so yesterday when i was trying to catch up I sent a few emails (including to Frodophile) from there. I haven't had time to investigate the b77.com one yet. Will do asap.

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 1:54 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Thanks Berhael. I've gone into the email account and done a bit of organizing. Hope Estel won't mind :)

I've posted in most of the invite threads (individually) but now I have to run and won't be back till tomorrow morning.

If one of you could please keep going and also dipping into the invite threads (a bit like I have done). I sure sound like a great old grammaphone but since the forum is sooo flodded with invites, we really need to get a grip on it. Thanks for all your help :mrgreen:

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 Mar , 2005 11:10 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

:D Thanks Eru for adding to the lists! Please - whoever adds to the list provide active links to the voting threads ;) makes things easier :D

I won't be able to do anything much over the weekend (my usual routine I'm afraid). However, Estel just gave me the good news that as of today she'll also be available for the invite process since she's managed to finish all issues pertaining to opening of the OUTSIDE forum :bow: :bow: What a fabulours job Jny and Estel :D

The way it looks, Leoba will also join us as of tomorrow ;) and I'm greatly looking forward to that. We need all the hands we can get :)

I'll be back on track so to speak fully again Monday and perhaps Eru and Estel can co-ordinate with me (and possibly Leoba) a 'shift' kind of thing re the invites so that we maximise efforts with a minimum margin of error (doubly done stuff etc.)

Please let's discuss it in here. Thanks :)

And please! If you take ANY ACTION on ANY new members please list them in either the first or second post. Keeping communication channels wide open and transparency for the posters to see what's been done with whom is currently VITAL. I've updated and clarified the first two post hopefully so that can take place. Thanks! :)

HOW TO DEAL WITH ALL THE DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECKS here is my suggestion:

- Open Memberlist. See who's a newly registered member (if any and keep that window open)

- Open *this* thread to see if another Admin has already taken any action (keep that window also open). If not, then that means they've registered out of the blue with no previous email contact. Send them the basic info text and update an entry in this thread under 'Registrees'

- Open the Boardd 77 admin email and see what's fluttered in. Active emails are in the inbox. All 'done' correspondence needs to be immediately filed. A copy of done reamains visible as a strike-through case in the inbox (for how long I don't know).

- Check if there is already an invite thread running. Usually someone will ask revealing their previously used ID. If not then send info on how to register. (see below for suggested and previously sent email) Update *this* thread and file the correspondence

- if a person asks for membership via email not having found a sponsor, open a thread in invite asking for a sponsor to come forward. I suggest at this point in time that if no sponsor comes forward within a week from opening the thread to get back to the poster asking him to either try again in finding a sponsor him/herself or to please be patient until Board 77 opens it's door. Little else we can do as Admins at this point in time.
Update the entry in here accordingly.

This is my way of doing it. It does not have to be your way ;) Just remember that logging things in the best possible way avoids confusion and extra work. Yes it is extra work to begin with but..... ;)

:D

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 Mar , 2005 1:58 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Sample emails:

Email contact, previous info sent, invite already in process but no registration yet
Quote:
Hello ...,
Thank you for getting in touch. As you perhaps know already, B77 is
an invite only board until we're ready to open up. An invite thread was
already started on B77 by one of our members for you and will conclude on the XX March.
B77 is a democracy where every member has the right to participate and
vote, most issues being decided by simple majority rule. Please be patient until we can get back to you.
Thank you ~ the B77 admin
Email contact, basic info sent, no invite running yet
Quote:
Dear ...,
thank you for getting back in touch. If you really would like to join B77 then please get in email contact with one of the members and ask to be 'sponsored'.
As you may know, B77 currently is an invite only board and since we're inundated with requests the admin alone can no longer deal with it all but rather it's the members who have taken on an active role in the process as we're operating as a democracy.
So please, if you'd like to join get in touch personally via email with one of
the members. Since B77 is a democracy where every person has the right to vote and express their opinions freely the invitation process takes about 11 days.
If you find someone that sponsors you please stay in touch with that person rather than contacting the admin about it for we're dealing with quite an overload at the moment. However, if you don't find a sponsor then please feel free to get back in touch with us.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
B77 admin
User activation: try and send a 'personal' email after clicking activated despite the fact they'll get a very dry 'automated' one. Hopefully in the very near future we can automate that process fully but currently we can't change or interfere with the standart phpbb reply that's sent out.
Quote:
Your membership at B77 (http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=board77) is now active. Welcome aboard!

Please log in and have fun exploring. You can upload sig pictures by changing your profile. Visiting the 'Comprehensive guide to board 77' in the Info/Welcome forum will give you a basic idea about the board.
Enjoy!

B77 administration
Those are just some samples of what I've done. Had to kind of do things on my toes ;) There's always room for improvement :D

Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Mar , 2005 6:09 am
Pure Kitsch Flavor

And what is the email now that invites have been halted?

Just want to make sure that everyone is getting the same email, so if they know each other and compare, there is no reason to feel slighted.

I'll take care of the new members who have had "no action taken" as soon as we get this settled. :)

Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Mar , 2005 8:02 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

I realise that we don't want to be changing the statement on B77.com every two minutes, but it currently reads: "We realize there are many posters who now do not feel comfortable with the atmosphere on other websites. If you cannot wait that long, please send an e-mail to one of the current members who you know and we will vote on whether we can let you in ahead of opening the boards." So long as people don't mind a month's patience that's fine. ;)

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Mar , 2005 9:13 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Yep I think that front page statement will need some re-wording as soon as possible to reflect the fact we're temporarily closed for invitation until the 1st of April when we'll reassess the situation (due to a large influx of invite requests.
The above wording is of course just a suggestion :)

As to an email for people who are not already in the pipeline, how about...

Dear....
Thank you for getting in touch with board 77.
Due to the large influx of joining requests we had to temporarily halt the invite process on March 8 and assign priority to finalizing details on governance issues of board 77 as a member operated site. We will reassess the situation concering invites again on 1st April 2005 and hopefully be able to restart the invite processes.

Please be patient until then.

In the meantime please contact a member of board 77 to sponsor your invite (if you've not already done so) and register your username which will be held in 'pending' status.

As soon as the invite process is restarted your sponsor will get back in touch with you. If you do not manage to find a sponsor (though we kindly ask you to try your best to find one), please get back in touch with the board 77 admin after April 1st, 2005 and we will try finding a sponsor for you.

The invite process for each new member, once restarted, will last approximately 11 days and your sponsor will take care of all details.

We thank you for your understanding.
Board 77 Admin (sign your name)

Just my 2 cents :)

Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 1:35 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

The following users I can't see being actioned here but are still on our memberlist. So I thought I'd check them out on the TORC memberlist, as their names were new to me.

Aquarius: username not known on TORC
Fir_Bolg: joined 23 Jan 2005, made 38 posts
Llinos: joined 27 Jan 2002, made 1953 posts
Sojourner: joined 26 May 2002, 29 posts
Tar_Elenion: joined 28 May 2000, 1429 posts

I’d be very surprised if anyone knew Fir_Bolg or Sojourner given their tiny post counts, but we need to at least write back to these folk as a priority, as well as Vynaca. If no-one else is able to take this on I’ll see what I can do tonight.

[ img ]

Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 5:17 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Someone volunteered to contact Vynaca...have they not done so already?

I believe all persons who have registered have received an email. You may want to contact Estel or Berhael to see if they sent emails to any of these people.

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 7:05 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

I thought *E* had talked to Vynaca?

Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 7:26 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

If someone has sent an email out, it would help if they could note it on the list here. :) Also, Fir_Bolf wasn't even mentioned on the list - did he pass by the radar entirely? Off to nosy at sent items... :P

Estel, that would help if *E* did mail Vynaca. Do you think though it would be courteous to send something out from B77 as such anyway where people have registered out of the blue?

[ img ]

Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 8:37 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

Quote:
Do you think though it would be courteous to send something out from B77 as such anyway where people have registered out of the blue?
Yes I do. And I have been sending people stuff. However, *E* had started a thread for Vyn, and I *thought* that when a poster said they were going to take care of sponsoring someone, then that would be it. If this has changed, I have not read it yet. However, my eyes are having a hard fucking time focusing cause I've been on the computer trying to play catch up with all the threads in the forums, so maybe I'm not reading as fast as I need to be. My deepest apologies. I'll try to find the thread where this change was described tomorrow.

I'll send an email to Vyn, and then I think it best if I left the boards for the rest of the day.

Last edited by Estel on Thu 10 Mar , 2005 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 9:03 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

Vyn has been emailed, and I'll edit the post to add in her, and the other people that I've emailed previously so there is no more confusion. I had been only updating the approved invites. My apologies for not doing the others as well.

Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 9:11 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Thanks for clarifying that Estel. :) I honestly wasn't trying to nag. I was just trying to avoid work and started noseying the TORC memberlist out of curiosity about those people and well, one thing led to another and I ended up feeling lost about what was happening where. :oops: :)

It will be so much easier once we have this glut of invites through the system. And maybe then we can reduce the lists dealing with 'who' 'what' and 'where' down to one rather than however many we have to run round keeping track of right now.

[ img ]

Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 9:47 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

Just wait for another week to pass, once it hits the end of March, we should be in quite a nice lull :)

One thing I was thinking we should do - and I can take care of this if it sounds like a good idea. When it comes to starting up invites again, we use the "List of People we'd like to invite"

We do 14 (or 21) people per week, 2 (or 3) people per day, and we work through that list in chronological order, so no one can complain.

Heck, we could just have it so that people just add to that list, and assign people (or admins) to follow the dated version and be the ones to start invite threads. That way, it's just the same steady pace till we open the board.

I don't know - let me work it out a bit more on paper, and I'll come back here with a complete plan instead of just a random idea, and see what y'all think :)

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: