board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Change of 'global' B77 email address - board setting update

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
*Alandriel*
Post subject: Change of 'global' B77 email address - board setting update
Posted: Thu 03 Mar , 2005 11:12 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Currently we're running both email addys: admins@board77.com and the b77_ad@yahoo.co.uk.

I propose to 'shut' down the yahoo account (not delete it but not publicize it anymore) as of next Monday, 7th March 05 and change settings on this board accordingly over to the board77.com one.

I've already updated the 'Comprehensive guide to B77 thread' accordingly (Welcome) with Farawens permission for us Admins to ammend things as necessary until she's over her exam period and has more time for the thread again.

With the growth and extra work B77 needs for some time to come, we cannot deal with the extra load of two running email addys. All invite and registration emails are already going through the b77.com adress.

When I change the settings here on this board, I'll also change the settings for the yahoo address to forward automatically everything to the board77.com address.

Admins should have the necessary info already on how to access that new account. Please familiarize yourself there as soon as possible.

Thank you :)

Last edited by *Alandriel* on Mon 07 Mar , 2005 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 10:10 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

Just for the record, I cannot access the B77.com admin panel/email address from work.

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 10:36 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

That's too bad :( oh well... Estel & Eru are taking care of anything invite related and if other stuff pops up that one of us other admins need to deal with I'm confident they will forward it.

Please Eru & Estel if you need help then let us know (PM is usually best)

And for the record: I have now set the yahoo account to forward all incoming messages there to the b77dotcom account. This will be fully automatic. A small side effect of that will be that occasionally we'll receive promotional emails :roll: (nothing I can do about that I'm afraid). However, I've put the settings such that they read: send promotional info re books (in my experience one of the categories that yields the least amount of 'spam' mail) and set at 'once a week'.

If such emails show up in the b77dotcom account - just trash them ;)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest”
Jump to: