Convention: Ratification

Post Reply   Page 11 of 11  [ 210 posts ]
Jump to page « 17 8 9 10 11
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 2:28 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Looking forward to that Ethel :) .

Sorry to butt back in here again but I wanted to suggest something.

This thread is already at 10 pages and we're only hitting agenda point 2. Would it not be easier to open the new points as per agenda in a new thread? Meaning - a seperate thread for each major agenda point?

We'll be crossreferencing quite a lot I immagine in the future and IMHO this is easier to do when the 'main' topics are seperated into different threads.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 2:30 pm

Quote:
Voronwe -- but, you see, I really don't want that job.
Which is part of why I would like you to have it.

But I really do like Viv's idea of having a couple of spokespeople at a time, and having their term of office be for a full year.
Quote:
Estel told me that she and Lidless (having registered the board 77 dot com website) were thinking of getting professional help (paid for).
hmmmm? Isn't that the type of thing that we are all supposed to decide? Or am I confused? :scratch

And Viv, I am NOT talking about MODS.

NO MODS! NO MODS! NO MODS! NO MODS! NO MODS! NO MODS! NO MODS! NO MODS! NO MODS! NO MODS! NO MODS! NO MODS! NO MODS!

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 2:43 pm
Not so deep as a well

Alandriel--
About admins v the watch:

I believe that the title of admin would be replaced, not supplemented, by the new titles in VtF's model.

The way I see it: the shiriffs would basically handle everyday technical issues, while the bounders dealt with the occasional non-member troll or such. Members in good standing would be self-policing, although anyone, including shiriffs and bounders, could point out things like the existence of the Bike Racks if people get too rowdy. Vorownwe, correct me if I'm wrong.

Voronwe--

I don't see anything wrong with Lidless asking for donations for a spiffed-up web site without us having input. If he wanted to make it mandatory, or create a new category of membership, that would be different.

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:02 pm

I guess I am confused. But then, most people know that already.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:18 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

VOTE RESULTS

Question 1: Discussion Time for Members:
Ten Days (option C)

Question 2: Duration of Vote:
10 days, two weekends inclusive (option C)

Question 3: Quorum and majority for ratification
67% majority with 30% quorum (39 members must vote, based on 127 members) (option B)

Question 4: Quorum eligibility
Members as of March 12, 2005 (option A)

Here were the counts from the final-stage run-off:

Question #1: Discussion
C. ten days: 13 votes
E. two weeks with option to prolong: 6 votes
F. one week with option to prolong: 4 votes

Question #2:
C. 10 days, two weekends inclusive: 11 votes
A. eight days, two weekends inclusive: 10 votes

Question #3: majority and quorum
B. 67% with 30% quorum: 11 votes
C. 67% with 50% quorum: 10 votes

Question #4: Who is in quorum?
A. all registered members: 15 votes
B. members active during past two months : 6 votes

Thank you very much, everyone, for agreeing to try out the IRV. It made things ever so much simpler because we could not get anywhere near a majority opinion with everyone's first choice.

The vote on the first question was not close at all, but it was a close vote on the second and third question, so I would like to remind us all that we should revisit these questions when we talk about how to Amend our Constitution.

Finally, I am posting text in the first post of this thread ... starting to build a document ... and I am much in favor of Viv's suggestions that we start a new thread for the next topic. I'm needing more than the first two posts that I reserved in this thread for doing ballots, etc. And with everyone's permission, I may create a separate thread just for the document as it is being built.

Thanks,
Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:27 pm

Please note that the first and second post of this thread now contain (1) text for the ratification process we just voted on; and (2) the next chunk of agenda.

I'm going to start two new threads momentarily ... please advise me if this system if hard to follow ...

Let's move the discussion of administrators to the thread entitled: Convention: Admin Powers Sorry if ideas have to be repeated but it will soon be impossible to find things in this thread.

Jn

edit: just realized one more thing ... in the text on my computer I have been referring to this as our Charter rather than our Constitution. We'd not decided on a name yet and we can call it whatever you like. I'll edit accordingly. Just f.y.i.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 4:50 pm

I still think it should be called the dirt and wires of b77.

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 1:24 pm
WYSIWYG

Just catching up here before moving on to the new subject:

Ethel, I've been up for the previous round of admin-election, wasn't elected, but have left my name on the list. I don't expect to be elected next time or any time, really, but I want people to know that if they want me to help, I'd be willing to. So, I really don't understand where you see a problem - it's not a personal offense not be voted into an office!
I wouldn't like to do any campaigning, but giving a bit of info on what you can offer that makes you suitable for the job, isn't a bad idea, I think (although I can't think of anything to say about myself - LOL - will try to think of something later). Just like V just said with respect to the spokesperson-job: admining is the kind of job that, if you really want it, you are probably not really suited for. ;)
I agree that, with the way the world goes, that sort of vote is always a sort of popularity contest, but I really hope people won't take offense at not being voted in, for whatever reason someone else was preferred by the majority.

Edit: Actually, I think with some fairly high chance not to get elected, it's easier to put yourself up for the vote!
This system allows you to just tell yourself that the chances you'll be up for a lot of work that's not much fun to do at the expense of enjoying yourself on the boards are very slight, so you only have to get ready to get involved in it in the unlikely case you get elected. ;) :)

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Mar , 2005 3:57 am

This thread can probably be locked. I don't think we'll be returning to it.

Jn

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Mar , 2005 8:09 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

As you wish. ;)

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 11 of 11  [ 210 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest” | Jump to page « 17 8 9 10 11
Jump to: