board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

I've got snow almost up to my knees :D

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 18 posts ]
eärendil
Post subject: I've got snow almost up to my knees :D
Posted: Sat 11 Dec , 2004 5:17 pm
citoyenne du monde

Well I shouldn't be posting I'm at the uni library (talk about an addict :roll: ) but I so wanted to tell you that I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE snow.

And I'm glad I bought the proper shoes yesterday when it wasn't yet like 0.5m of snow in Montreal's streets.

I got out of the house this morn and sunk into yes pretty much a half meter of snow and guess what I feel like having a snowball fight :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: . But no, time to work :roll: .

Love snowy Canada; and I can't believe that a year ago I was taking the train to Leoba's place :Q :Q. Yep, 1 year since I first met the Jester :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and 1 year since the Gathering; where's the time flown??

Dear we've all grown up :roll:

I Endure in order to Reflect
Transcending Order
I seal the Matrix of Endlessness
With the Cosmic tone of Presence
I am guided by the power of Spirit

Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good

Profile Quote
Aglanor
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 11 Dec , 2004 5:21 pm
Morituri Nolumus Mori

W0000t!!

I love snow as well! That's why every year I'm terribly disappointed with Dutch weather, since all we get is gray drab...:(

Enjoy it! :mrgreen:

Grown up? Hmmmm, some maybe...;):P

"The moon reflects in her eyes,
And tears fall down like stars.
Her gentle kiss goodnight;
Her dagger stuck in my heart.
My love broken and betrayed
And my eyes are closed tight,
As death now does us part."

A Rune engraved on my heart...

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 11 Dec , 2004 5:26 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

I'm watching the calendar, too, Eari. I want to write a great big post (aka a normal one) about the year that was 2004 for me. I'm pretty sure that I left for Toronto on the 11th. Hard to believe. :oops:

And yeah, I'm just one province over from you, and we're having a huge snowstorm at the mo. Good stuff. lol

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 11 Dec , 2004 6:30 pm

Snow better come back before Christmas Eve.

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 11 Dec , 2004 6:30 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

hmmmm yes maybe we should have a what meant 2004 for you thread...(Farawen you are contagious with your thread making!!)

and i sm sooooo jealous Eari!! i want snow !!!!! i always love waking up seeing white everywhere. too bad we hardly ever get snow :roll: damn country

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 11 Dec , 2004 6:36 pm

Actually...it will soon be a full year since I first met the axe_wielder.

:Q

I'm not exactly sure when we are supposed to be celebrating an anniversary.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 11 Dec , 2004 7:28 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Jaeniver wrote:
hmmmm yes maybe we should have a what meant 2004 for you thread...(Farawen you are contagious with your thread making!!)
Can I be a hag and ask for dibs on starting that one? I'd realleh realleh realleh like to do that thread. :P (Unless you meant here at B77 in which case go ahead! I just had to revise my Goodbye TORC post a bit, add in some new stuff, and submit it over there.)

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject: Re: I've got snow almost up to my knees :D
Posted: Sat 11 Dec , 2004 7:35 pm
Tricksy Elf!

earendil81 wrote:
I can't believe that a year ago I was taking the train to Leoba's place :Q :Q. Yep, 1 year since I first met the Jester :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and 1 year since the Gathering; where's the time flown??

Wow a year :Q ...aww :grouphug: and :toast: :toast: :clap:

I still remember walking in from travelling to Leoba's, and seeing you sat on the sofa and thinking 'WTF' :LMAO: ....

Little did I know that one of the bestest people ever ever ever was she Cheerleader

It has been a good year though, and as soon as *E* gets her thread up I can tell you alllllllllll about it ;)

Very jealous of the snow Oliphant, glad your having fun

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 11 Dec , 2004 7:44 pm

Gimme a few days and I promise it'll be there. :oops: I'll work real hard now that I have a "deadline". :P

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 11 Dec , 2004 9:11 pm

no problem *E* :) go right ahead.

and Din,good thing you got to know me before you walked in and thought WTF :P made the shock a little less ;)

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject: Re: I've got snow almost up to my knees :D
Posted: Sat 11 Dec , 2004 10:16 pm
citoyenne du monde

Ok, first you can take the "almost" off the title; it took me 20' to get from the bus stop to my house because I had trouble walking. I love it; I'm just missing pals to start a snowball fight or a snowman :D :D.
Aglanor wrote:
Grown up? Hmmmm, some maybe...;) :P
I should have said "aged", indeed that would have been more accurate, I think I've grown one year younger...
But considering the worries on TORC I have also aged a year so if I know how to count X -1 +1 = X so I'm the same age as last year at the same time :P :P :roll: :roll: ... (I'm sure I've lost Jae somewhere on the way :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )
jae wrote:
and i sm sooooo jealous Eari!! i want snow !!!!! i always love waking up seeing white everywhere. too bad we hardly ever get snow :roll: damn country
I'll take a pic of it to show you next week. But you know, as a Parisian this is like paradise; the only times I've ever seen so much snow was when I was skiing in the Alps and in Toronto last year...

I love this country O Canada...; apart from the fact that I'm getting better and better with myself, it feels like being in holidays (even if I have those projects to write but you'll be proud to know that I have finally articulated my plan and my main arguments that's why I can be here for now)
Dindraug wrote:
earendil81 wrote:
I can't believe that a year ago I was taking the train to Leoba's place :Q :Q. Yep, 1 year since I first met the Jester :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and 1 year since the Gathering; where's the time flown??

Wow a year :Q ...aww :grouphug: and :toast: :toast: :clap:

I still remember walking in from travelling to Leoba's, and seeing you sat on the sofa and thinking 'WTF' :LMAO: ....

Little did I know that one of the bestest people ever ever ever was she Cheerleader

It has been a good year though, and as soon as *E* gets her thread up I can tell you alllllllllll about it ;)

Very jealous of the snow Oliphant, glad your having fun
:rofl: :rofl:... And when I saw you, I thought "so this is him... should be fun."
And :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I'm very honoured. And also very glad to be able to call you a friend. It's been wonderful to meet you :D :D. Technically I've basically squatted Shay LeobaDin over the last year :lmao:. December, May, July + seeing you in A'dam, that was cool :D :D.

*E*, yep I left Paris on Thursday, December 11th for London and we took off (4 hours late) with Din and Leoba on Friday, 12th somewhere around 7pm UK time. I still remember sitting in that airport waiting for time to pass, trying to recover my English by listening to the ununderstable messages :P :P... A year... *melancholic sigh*
And I'll write in your thread if it is here; 2004 has been a year filled with many things both good and bad...

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 12 Dec , 2004 10:18 am

Lucky you... :(

We had glorious winter weather a few days ago, but now - looks like it's spring here!

*Stars praying to the wather gods*

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 12 Dec , 2004 10:50 am

That much snow :Q

Eari, please bring some of that snow with you. I want a white christmas.
Have a safe journey. :)

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 12 Dec , 2004 12:03 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: make a snowman anyway dearest. and take as many pictures you can so i can steal some! just to pretend we'll have a white christmas. *sigh*

Although Kaya, when i visited you last feb it was snowing! your street was white and i remember threatening my mother with snowballs inside the car when we were waiting for you. :mrgreen: snow's fun

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 12 Dec , 2004 2:53 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

See, I wouldn't mind the cold, dark early evenings if they were blessed with the fluffy whitestuff. I haven't been sledging in years. *sigh* Though snowball fights in Toronto were a highlight - Scribbles threatening to do unrepeatable things to Din as we waited outside that hideous 'medieval times' place.

Steph, I've just been looking through photos from last year - photos that still haven't been organised into an album. :oops: It feel so so long ago - so many things have changed.

Nikki, get that 2004 thread a-running. ;)

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 12 Dec , 2004 3:22 pm
citoyenne du monde

Helen, I know, some of those pictures aren't yet organised in an album for me either cause I never got to buy a special album for the Gathering; but considering the kinda shaky Xmas holidays we had last year (you'll know all in *E*'s thread) I didn't take the time and afterwards I was overwhelmed with applications for canada and such.

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Dec , 2004 3:39 am

I haven't really been around in a week, but it was because I was tired. Today and yesterday, I was writing and perfecting my 2004 thread. :oops: Struggled yesterday, but I got a nice flow going now, so I just wanted to let you guys know I appreciate the patience and I'm sorry for asking you to wait a bit, but it should be up tomorrow or Wednesday. It'll be a busy week, but I am working hard to get this thread up for you guys. This is how it opens:
Quote:
This would be yet another example of me doing something really important at the last minute. I mentioned my idea for this thread to some friends, and since they were really keen on it, I had to get my butt in gear and not take advantage of their kindness in sitting back and allowing me to start this thread. ;) I’m not stupid enough to think nobody else has their story to tell of the year that was 2004, however, much of the following text was going to be in my ‘Goodbye TORC’ thread, which was abandoned a couple months ago and put on the backburner. Not that I wouldn’t have encouraged people relating their own experiences over this past year, but it was mostly something I wanted to do for myself. There were many people I wanted to thank and for many different reasons, and since I didn’t think I’d be around any longer, I wanted to speak up about how important TORC and the people on it had been to me.

My mind has since changed about leaving, but not about taking the opportunity to thank a lot of people, and talk about the last twelve months of my life. And not just on TORC. There is much to say. You can bet your bottom that I’m including the Gathering of the Fellowship in all of this. :P I truly believe my life began on the day I arrived at the Sheraton Hotel in Toronto. From then until March, everything was a blur, so I absolutely heap it all in together as part of the same year, even December 2003. I never wrote reports on any of the moots I went to this year, so please allow me a few words now. NOTE: “Few” is such a relative term. =:)
*waves to everyone then goes back to reliving 2004*

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Dec , 2004 5:39 am
citoyenne du monde

that's ok, no worries *E*.

On another hand I'm proud to announce that I finished all my session work before 6am this time (finished at 9pm) and that I'll be in France Thursday morning (3am canadian time me is going to be tired)

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 18 posts ]
Return to “The Turf”