A place to talk about weight and "attractiveness"

Post Reply   Page 17 of 19  [ 379 posts ]
Jump to page « 115 16 17 18 19 »
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 8:54 am
I can't count but I'm cute

Alatar wrote:

I'll say it, and mean it. I've always thought you looked gorgeous in any of your photos. I just don't tend to say things like that for fear of looking like a desperate horny middle aged guy. But you are undeniably gorgeous.
You just got yourself a definite on your Eire moot ;) How can I now resist the possibility to give you a hug. ;)

But seriously Alatar, thank you :) I went to visit someone who I greatly esteem and he made me understand , albeit in his own weird way, I am not the horrible person I think I am. I have qualities that make me gorgeous. of course the comment "If only I was 30 years younger we wouldnt be spending our time strolling around."helped :P

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 9:31 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

Jaeniver wrote:
At least I am not the air bubble some of the hot girls are and still wouldn't it be nice for me and my self esteem if someone would say "damn you're gorgeous"and actually meant it?
I have a theory, that guys don't bother telling you how stunning you are, because it would just be stating the obvious. ;):D

In any case, I know the feeling . I think the first person to tell me I was attractive, ever, was Matrim! Bless his little cotton socks. ;) The first person who had actually met me before telling me anything of the sort was Din.

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 10:03 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

I just challenged Din via email about why men don't generally tell women they find them attractive and thought it was worth the sharing:
Dindraug wrote:
Calling somebody gorgeous is an odd thing to say really. For a bloke, you are never sure how it will be taken. ....... Its all very confusing, but you have to remember that blokes are seething masses of self doubt as well, especially when it comes to making statements like that.

[/explanationofmalepsyche]

BTW: Jae, have I told you how much I love your new sig pic.

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 1:28 pm
Wembley bound

First opportunity for me to say something constuctive here!

I find that most girls (here) tend to think that if a guy looks at them then the guy must be hitting on them and if you say something to them then you're definately making a move. I'd love to tell more people that they're stunning but I don't want it to be interpreted as me making a move. You can't just start a normal conversation with someone anymore...

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 2:23 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

That's interesting, guys.

I feel the same way on this side of the fence, though. There are plenty of guys whom I think are cute or nice-looking or whatever, but I feel sort of weird just saying that to them for fear of looking bad. (Remember that most of my interactions are with church people, so that makes it even worse. Add in super-jealous wives, and I have to make sure I don't even touch a guy on the arm! Let alone say, "You know, you're really cute!" Or "You have great eyes!" or whatever.)

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 2:47 pm
Insolent Pup

TWT and Lali are both right. It's all about how things are received today, and a lot of times compliments are received as you making a move, and if the person doesn't want you to make a move and views it that way, you have problems. Suddenly you have girls saying . . . oh my gosh, Jen's bf is making a move on me, she can't find out. Then she finds out and the misunderstanding persists and Jen and her bf get into fights and now he can't say hi to Caitlin who he was just complimenting. It's messy.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
vison
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 5:04 pm
Best friends forever

Allow me to intrude?

Does anyone here have any experience of these women-only gyms like "Curves"? One has opened up near me and since I despair of ever actually getting back to power-walking on my own (no one to walk with, you see) I wondered if maybe this gym would be a place to start? You have to pay, which is an incentive.

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
elfshadow
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 5:27 pm
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

Vison, I've actually been working out there for the past couple of weeks. My mom has a membership and I guess there was this summer special where relatives of current members could work out for free for the month of August or something, so I went there a few times. It's a pretty nice place, I liked it. I guess it all depends on the people who work and work out there, but it does provide a good support system. And like you said, the cost of the program provides incentive not to waste your money. ;) It's certainly an excellent way to get back into exercising regularly. It's also designed to be low-impact, so it doesn't stress your joints. I'd recommend it. :)

I'm sorry I haven't been replying lately :oops: but I have been reading everything. Concerning compliments, the way I often take them when they are directed towards me (which is my own fault) is that they are fluff. When I give others compliments, I always do it truthfully, and I know that in all likelihood everyone else does too. But when it's a compliment directed to me specifically, I can't help but think that it's just a grandiose verbal gesture. In other words, that the person doesn't really mean it. Logically, I'm just being an idiot, but that's where my mind turns.

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 6:40 pm

I have only ever heard good things about Curves. For what that's worth, vison.... :)

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 8:12 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

Din's explanation sounds right. I dont go blurting out how much I love my male friends, arms, eyes and torsos :P We did once sit down and discuss what we found attractive in each other. That was nice although somehow my boobs seems to be my main feature :p

And thank you Leoba :D A pic I dont mind having up for a change ;)

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 8:19 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Curves looks very tempting. Elsha, do you know how much your mom's membership cost?

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 8:37 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

TheMary wrote:
You should show your daughter that forward about how sickly Barbie is and how she's completely unrealistic. :hug: Being young is challenging, I wish it got easier but it doesn't.
Erunáme wrote:
Actually Barbie isn't sickly...she'd be a freak if you made her into a real woman. I think she'd have to be really tall and would look really odd.
Barbie has no nipples and a sealed up vagina. Can't get much more odd than that.
However she is mass produced at a cheap cost. A toy.
Not the result of two people in love, or even a 6 pack and a one night stand. She represents nothing.

eta:
And for the record, Ken and GI Joe are dickless wonders.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 9:23 pm
Tricksy Elf!

You dissin GI Joe..... :rage:

Good on you :D

Base yourself on a plastic model and you miss the point. Believe what the media says and you just sign onto a particually benal bandwaggon.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 9:24 pm
Wembley bound

Holbytla wrote:
TheMary wrote:
You should show your daughter that forward about how sickly Barbie is and how she's completely unrealistic. :hug: Being young is challenging, I wish it got easier but it doesn't.
Erunáme wrote:
Actually Barbie isn't sickly...she'd be a freak if you made her into a real woman. I think she'd have to be really tall and would look really odd.
Barbie has no nipples and a sealed up vagina. Can't get much more odd than that.
:LMAO: :damnfunny:

Pretty much.

And about the complimenting issue, I find that if I do compliment someone I get a strange stare and a look like 'who the fuck do you think you are?'

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 9:26 pm

Damn, TWT, that's one hot ass!

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 9:32 pm
Wembley bound

If only that were the first time a gay man has complimented me... :blackeye:

I enjoy recieving compliments, I don't know why so many don't...

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 10:48 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

You are pretty dang cute TWT but there has to be a flaw...I think I've found it in another thread. Will get back to you :D

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 11:02 pm
Wembley bound

I WAS IN THE POOL!!!

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 11:04 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

I hardly noticed, but I guess that's the problem eh? :LMAO:

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 24 Aug , 2006 3:19 am

:Q Hey, I want pictures! I can give out compliments, too, you know!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 17 of 19  [ 379 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 115 16 17 18 19 »
Jump to: