:love: :banana: :cheers:

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject: Re: The Orphanage
Posted: Thu 22 Oct , 2009 9:16 pm
citoyenne du monde

Leoba darling, how close are you to your due day... Not following on Facebook since I refuse to join but I expect Din to send an email :P (edit: saw the post in The Lounge afterwards... that's what happens when you don't follow up)

Gee, I can't believe it has been so long since I last passed by... Life has been sort of weird. And organizing a wedding does take time although it had not been the reason for not being here...

Also wanted to share that Matrim has gone out of hibernation ;) ;)... thought I'd let you know.

:hug: I hope that you and Din will be able to make it the wedding. we have actually already postponed it to early July and may have to postpone it again for the very stupid reason that for now we cannot afford going to France and it takes to be there to book the venue :roll: :roll:...

:hug: :hug:

I Endure in order to Reflect
Transcending Order
I seal the Matrix of Endlessness
With the Cosmic tone of Presence
I am guided by the power of Spirit

Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good

Profile Quote
Leoba
Posted: Sat 24 Oct , 2009 4:36 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Steph, let us know once you have a wedding date and we'll do our best to be there. We're planning on being in France in early June for a holiday, but am sure we can manage a return visit the following month, before I go back to work at the end of July.

Not much to report at my end of things (apart from the arrival of Benedict!). Life is a constant circus of feeding, changing and trying to get the baby to sleep anywhere but on one of us!

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
eärendil
Posted: Sat 31 Oct , 2009 2:58 pm
citoyenne du monde

L, after fighting and bickering I got some vacation for Xmas, 2 months later than I wanted but he, I am not going to complain, I get to spend Xmas with my family.
We will be able to set a final date then. Finally!! As soon as it is done, I'll send the "save the date" to you, Nin, Jae, Kaya and Crys.

We'll also look into the hotel, but that is going to depend on the venue, I really don't want anyone to have too long a trip to do from the boat to the hotel at 3am :lol:

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
Leoba
Posted: Sat 19 Dec , 2009 5:24 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Are you back in France then Eari? Looking forward to hearing the date and hoping it's before I go back to work. :)

I hope you all have a fabulous Christmas (assuming any Orphans are still reading, now and again). Din and I are going to stay with my parents for about 5 days and, after the last few months, we are really looking forward to putting out feet up and letting everyone spoil us (well it might happen).

[ img ]

Profile Quote
eärendil
Posted: Sun 03 Jan , 2010 3:54 am
citoyenne du monde

Leoba, I was back in France for 2 weeks... I came back to Toronto yesterday. Date is set now as you know.
I had a great Xmas and it was awesome to see my family and sit back although a lot was to be done before we left... Very exciting :D :D.
I am now looking forward to the big day,

I hope you were spoiled rotten :D :D and you enjoyed your time with your parents. How was Ben's first Xmas?

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Posted: Thu 07 Jan , 2010 8:23 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

I am still reading of course! I got very nostalgic a while back when a friend was over. She wanted to know what RP-ing was. So I went into this ranting mode and explaine all about the 'good old days'of bard festivals, the real story RPs and spontaneous crazes of light Rping that happened in the orpanage. I am sure is convinced I am a looney. After she left I wnt digging for old RPs :blackeye: I saved a bunch of them on my laptop. *sigh* I really miss it all.

Anyway...
Hope everyone survived christmas and new years eve. I did. It was great fun but still it ju takes alot of energy being around family, in-laws etc. We decided to throw a major new years eve party which was a real blast.

Back at uni now and all is going rather well. Projects is near finished, two weeks before it's deadline (whoa! that's a first in four years!) Busy writing a plan of action for my graduation project. It's nearly finished so hopefully I can really start with the work coming february. It'll be alot of work but I am excite about it too. Stress levels are at a medium right now which is rather good concidered the stress levels went through the roof a few weeks ago when my first graduation proposal got denied. I hope it all stays quiet and nothing weird pops up and ruins my plans.

Lots of hugs to everyone!

Ian, thanks for the lovely text!

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
eärendil
Posted: Fri 08 Jan , 2010 10:55 pm
citoyenne du monde

Jae sweetie, have you received my mail?? I'll need your address still to send official invite though ;)

Glad to hear you're doing good :D :D :D :hug: :hug: :hug:

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
Nin
Posted: Sun 17 Jan , 2010 10:29 pm
Per aspera ad astra

I have not posted in ages here... but today I feel like it because I want to share something and don't know where: ten days ago, I turned 40! (yes!!!!) On my birthday, we spent a lovely day in the mountains during the holidays, good weather, skiing, bathing in thermal water, good food, with M. and he orcs, snowy, sunny day.

And I wanted a piece of furniture. So, I got some money from my mum and from M, from my brother and sister and... today it arrived: a little set of drawers.

[ img ]

and here with the rest of our "dining room".

[ img ]

It's good to get old...

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
nienna
Posted: Mon 18 Jan , 2010 12:57 am
The best things in life are not things

Those drawers are beautiful, Nin, and I like your "dresser" cabinet too. :)

There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes

Profile Quote
Leoba
Posted: Mon 18 Jan , 2010 6:08 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Gosh, Nin, how did you get to be 40?! I well remember your 33rd birthday when you celebrated leaving your tweens. Mind you, I was only 23 when I first started on TORC. :Q The chest of drawers is gorgeous and goes so well with the rest of your dining room.

Jae, I miss the RP too. It was an amazing intense experience. I'm not sure I have the energy to do it again - too much is directed in other ways, but it was so good whilst it happened and I'm so glad I got to share it with you guys.

Eari, I'm looking forward to the big day as well. It's been far too long since I saw some of you guys. We are still pondering the wisdom of bringing Ben with us (though the thought of leaving him is difficult!) - I worry that he'll end up screaming the place down with over-tiredness if there's too much going on for him to sleep!

Christmas was lovely. We spent a week with my family and itwas great to have lots of good food put in front of me and lots of other people to entertain Benedict. I'm thinking of going to visit again in a few weeks' time, partly to help my parents out after some medical stuff they have going on, but also to get a change of scenery. With the snowy weather and short days it's very easy to end up stuck looking at the same 4 walls at home. And there are only so many coffee mornings with others mums and babies that I can tolerate!!!!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
eärendil
Posted: Sun 24 Jan , 2010 4:21 pm
citoyenne du monde

Hello everyone,

Nin darling I hope you received my email on your Bday... The drawers are gorgeous really love 'em.

Leoba, preparations are going as well as can be. Now maybe knowing that the party is going to be on a boat will help with the decision. We will be cruising around the Seine for 4 hours if the weather allows it.
You know you are welcome with or without the baby. If you decided to come with Ben and you felt that the reception may be a little too much, I can see if my parents know of a baby sitter in their neighbourhood, would that help?

We have a meeting with a photograph next Sunday here in Toronto, friend of Patrick who gives us a deal. Only we'll have to pay for plane and hotel... have to think about the budget thing, because we already are over what I intended. Now it is only the budget, it may turn out to be less depending on the number of people who will actually make it ;)

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Posted: Thu 11 Feb , 2010 8:06 pm

The drawers are gorgeous Nin! Very delicate inlay. sounds like a fabulous birthday too. Very nice and relaxed.

Nothing very grant to report. Just been busy with my thesis, doing research so that's going good.
I finally managed to get my wireless printer online which took forever. Then I realised the salesperson who informed me of a cash back promotion lied to me as it was not intended for my printer but for another model. I am actually pissed and am going to call the store tomorrow and ask for some kind of refund. I just got cheated of 20 euros! that's like a week of groceries for me (poor student).

Hope everyone's ok.
Hugs

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Nin
Posted: Sun 14 Feb , 2010 4:59 pm
Per aspera ad astra

I'm sorry to post so little... I'm never sure who is around and I lurk here and there and everywhere...

All is fine, just loads of work and work and work.

(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
eärendil
Posted: Sun 14 Feb , 2010 7:47 pm
citoyenne du monde

Doing fine too now ;)... been a little hectic last week and we are currently finishing the invite part of the wedding but well...

We have a three day week end this time and are intending to make the most of it... although we have yet to go out and it is almost three :roll: :roll: :roll:....

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Posted: Thu 17 Jun , 2010 7:41 pm

Just bumping it way up.

Flying by to let you all know i'll be defending my thesis next friday and will let you all know whether I graduated from the academy or not.

So if I do I will throw one hell of a party on here and everyone is welcome ;)

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

Profile Quote
Leoba
Posted: Fri 24 Sep , 2010 9:35 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

First time I've logged in here since July! That's what juggling work and motherhood and trying to sell a house do to one. Hope you're all okay - especially those I haven't seen/spoken to recently.

Eari, thanks for the thank you note and photo. I really hope it's not too long before we see you again. Hopefully, when we have our new house we'll have more space (i.e. a spare room) and you'd be very welcome to visit.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
eärendil
Posted: Sat 15 Jan , 2011 4:13 am
citoyenne du monde

I definitely hope it won't be another 5 years before we see each other again :D :D.
It was amazing to see you guys...

Patrick and I are looking forward to going back to Europe. I am trying really hard to find a job out there. No matter what although if it is government/politics related I'd be happier. I actually applied for a job with UK embassy in Paris :lol:...

Happy New Year everyone and happy belated Bday to you Nin darling :D :D

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2011 6:11 pm

is anyone still here?

hugs for you who reads this!

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

Profile Quote
Nin
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2011 10:58 pm
Per aspera ad astra

I surfed a bit around and read this... so I am still around.

Preparing my wedding which will be next week.

(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 78 of 79  [ 1567 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 175 76 77 78 79 »
Jump to: