The Last Homely Site on the Web

How's the weather?

Post Reply   Page 3 of 116  [ 2312 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5116 »
ToshoftheWuffingas
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Mar , 2006 1:57 pm
Filthy darwinian hobbit

Although the temperature is mostly just above freezing there are still sporadic snow showers that don't last.
However there has been this dour, cold, chill, bitter wind that has lasted for weeks that is most unseasonable - heck I have sun bathed in March before - and the constant cold with no relief is just starting to get me down. I am usually impervious to temperature extremes and I think at heart it is the English unease at any weather that lasts for too long and doesn't change. I am fed up with walking around dressed in a tailored duvet. I want shorts and T shirts again.

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Mar , 2006 2:14 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Ditto to what you said Tosh.

I am dreaming about running round in bare feet and being able to buy and wear a particularly lovely summer dress I spotted on the Monsoon website. Most of all, I am sick of the way my skin gets unbearably dry in cold winter weather - I am almost drinking moisturiser but short of slathering myself in oils I don't know how to stop feeling itchy. :( Roll on springtime!

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Mar , 2006 2:28 pm
Milk and kisses

Same here Leoba... I'm using up all my stash of Lush and Body Shop moisturisers, and my skin still feels scaly and itchy. :( I think it's a combination of dry cold weather and central heating... :neutral:

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Mar , 2006 4:40 pm

It keeps oscillating between spring and winter weather here. A lot of people are getting sick from the changes, it seems.

Today it's spring again. :)

I get the dry skin, too, but I hate using moisturizer because I don't like scented stuff. I wait until shins start itching and I can't stand it and then use some there, but I've been ignoring the rest of my skin.

It's kind of pathetic, how dry it is. I keep taking lots of fish oil capsules, hoping my skin will fix itself, but it doesn't seem to make a difference as to surface moisture. Oh well, there are many significant health reasons to take the fish oil, but I wish it worked on skin too!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 31 Mar , 2006 9:36 pm
TTBK's cemmie

The weather's really disappointing me right now. According to the radar, we should be having a wonderfully bad thunderstorm overhead ,but all I see are dark clouds and patches of sunlight. And some wind.

No storm. Boo. :(

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 31 Mar , 2006 9:38 pm
A maiden young and sad

We had a storm this morning. Quit whining.

We're supposed to get a real nice one tomorrow afternoon. *is hopeful*

Ithilien, the garden of Gondor now desolate kept still a dishevelled dryad loveliness.

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
anya_Skywalker
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 02 Apr , 2006 6:40 pm

Weather hasn't been bad, but it's typical spring time stuff... Really sunny and warm one day, cloudy and cool the next.

Wish it made up its mind and just decide to stick with the nice-and-warm temperatures!

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 02 Apr , 2006 6:50 pm
of Vinyamar

Sorry, I was distracted by LoR's boobs...

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Turelie Lurea
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Apr , 2006 4:42 am

Lightning, thunder, thunder, thunder, lightning.... happy :D

The only thing that could make this any better is if I were in the Plains with my sweetheart, experiencing this little bit of storminess with him :) I miss storms...so few in NC...I grew up with lots of severe weather in the Plains...

MariaHobbit...you're a true fellow Missourian...starting up a weather thread. I love you!! :)

Your Local Meteorologist (I have two degrees now! :D) :sunny:

Profile Quote
tinwe
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Apr , 2006 5:15 am
Waiting for winter

Turelie, you’re getting storms up there already? (You’re in Raleigh, aren’t you?) It hasn’t started doing anything in here in Charlotte yet, but I’ve been waiting for it all day! I love storms too!

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Apr , 2006 8:17 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

Finally we have Spring here in Southern England. :D I feel Alive again! All that sap is rising and the pheasants in the field opposite the house are getting amorous!

Temperatures are hitting 17 degrees or so, the sun is shining, my freckles have come out. :oops:

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Apr , 2006 1:59 pm

Freckles are cute. :)

Here, it's grey, cold and raining, and I feel almost like the weather "looks". Bleh. :neutral: But it is definitely spring.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Apr , 2006 1:59 pm
pixel-pusher

When you North Carolinian folks are done with your storm care to send it down to us in Columbia? Thanks. :cool:

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Apr , 2006 2:05 pm

Freckles are definitely cute, Leoba! :) It's when they turn into age spots it gets annoying!

Thunderstorms don't make me happy! They make me wish for a force field around and over our place to prevent damage by hail and high winds!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
tinwe
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Apr , 2006 2:30 pm
Waiting for winter

Jonny, we have yet to see a single drop of rain from this so-called storm! We really need it too. Looks like another drought is in the works for this summer. :(

At least it has cooled off a bit - 64 degrees right now. :)

I agree about the freckles. Very cute!

Profile Quote
elfshadow
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Apr , 2006 3:09 pm
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

I love freckles! I've always wished I had some, but unfortunately I don't. It's the Italian in me, I guess, it's taken away any chance of having freckles.

The weather here in Colorado is very nice today! :) It's in the 60s I think, and there's dew on the ground, and it feels a lot like spring! Which I'd expect, considering it's April, but it snowed a couple days ago, and that did not feel much like spring. I hope we get some rain sometime soon though!

Profile Quote
crystal_seed
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Apr , 2006 4:01 pm

Rain... again- :( well it beats the snow we had just before Easter :P

At least we had a good three days of sleeveless weather- even managed to get a bit of sunburn working on the garden.

I am so glad the COLD is gone now though- our house retains cold winter and summer throughout. It's finally been warm enough to not feel a draft when the doors to the rooms are left open and to be able to walk barefoot again :clap:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Apr , 2006 4:12 pm
Hasta la victoria, siempre

It's so much nicer walking barefoot when your feet don't stick to the ground. :D

It's a little chilly in this room right now, but through the window I can see the beautiful blue sky. There are no clouds and there's no wind. It's a little spooky compared to what I've gotten used to. :P

Feels great. I finally feel alive again. :)

*~Pips~*

Avatar is a male me, drawn by a very close friend. Just don't ask why.

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Apr , 2006 8:10 pm
Milk and kisses

It feels like winter has lasted forever this year, hasn't it?

It was incredibly sunny in Scotland this weekend, and that contributed to my high spirits. :)

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Turelie Lurea
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 29 Apr , 2006 5:20 pm

Tinwe, yep, I'm in Raleigh :) Did you ever get your thunderstorms that day? I don't often look at the radar to the SW of Raleigh, unless the flow is from that direction ;) Glad to hear there's another NC B77er :)

Jonny, sorry, all out of thunderstorms...though perhaps you got something not long ago. Were the tornado warnings in your region? I'm unfamiliar with SC.

MariaHobbit, in the plains, we NEED force fields around homes. Out here, things are typically less violent from what I've seen...the best we get in NC is maybe a 30-40 mph gust (pansy), though I wouldn't chase the rare tornado out here--they can move up to 80 mph! In the plains, most tornadoes are much slower-moving=more damage, but most likely less loss of life.

Elfshadow, nothing wrong with being Italian and not getting freckles (I love Italians...in fact, I'm marrying one ;) )

*hugs* and wishes of pleasant weather to everyone else :)

Your Local Meteorologist (I have two degrees now! :D) :sunny:

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 116  [ 2312 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5116 »
Jump to: