board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Nostalgia and ecstasy

Post Reply   Page 5 of 7  [ 138 posts ]
Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 24 Jun , 2006 11:53 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

I know, right? Your "spammy little vixen" post count thread was also brilliant fun. I just like posting with you guys. When we're on, we are ON.

:cool: :love: :cool:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 25 Jun , 2006 6:20 pm
Everything Is Numb

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE************************!!!!!!!!!!!

Me?! Amazing?! I'm lucky if I make it throught the day without having a mental breakdown...I think my last brain cell died last week (for evidence of that reread this post). I too think of all of you guys as family. The best fuckin' family that a gal could ever have! *wipes tear*

I love you E*!!

~Sid

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 25 Jun , 2006 9:07 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

SIDONZO spotting!!!!!!! :love:

How goes it Sid my love???????? :hug:

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 26 Jun , 2006 5:11 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

I hate to use this thread for anything other than throwing the love vibes out there and related topics, but I didn't want Sid to think I hadn't read her post! Or that I'll be ignoring anyone else. Mom and I are out the door in a few hours and I's mighty pissed at my brother for dicking around on the comp all night when I had stuff to do. Like buy my Gathering ticket, for example. He's such a p.o.s.

But I'm only cranky towards myself and Scott, everyone else is still in my good books. :grouphug: I'll see you all in two weeks, if not sooner.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Jun , 2006 9:46 am
Milk and kisses

:Q whoa *E*... :oops: :love:

What can I say? You're a pillar of this community. I know that sounds creepy, but it's true. :)

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 14 Jul , 2006 5:16 am

Not creepy to my ears at all. :) Danke, Ber.

I loved reading through this thread again. Whether or not I did an okay job of writing it, it really struck me how accurately I portrayed my feelings towards everybody and everything. And I can't believe it was only a week and a half before I met b77ers at the Gathering. So many things seemed to change after that Saturday! I must be easily amused, but I think that's just so freakin' wild. :D

Other parts that stood out to me:

"It'll be a better summer for having spent time with ya's." I said this about Elsha and Rune. Sixth sense. :love:

"I feel ready to face it head on and not be shy and not waste time by pretending I can't be myself around you guys. I don't want to miss one second." Whoa, dude. I can't believe I actually followed through on that one! Okay, so I missed a few seconds and could have got back to the Sheraton earlier on some days, but I did the best I could. ;) Point being, I really didn't miss much and accomplished quite a lot. We got so much mooting time in, didn't we? Even when we couldn't get everybody together, we always arranged something. And when it looked like some people weren't gonna happen, they'd still show up at the last second and I could at least hang out with them a short while. But the best part? There were nine of us posters. Me, Wilma, Aglanor, Rune, Elsha, TWT, Enchie, Sunsilver, and MithLuin. Glad I came to terms a while ago with this being a smaller convention than last time because I don't want to think about what I may have missed out on at a bigger Gathering. Not to imply I wouldn't want more of you there, but the way things worked out were so perfect, I now appreciate that the formula wasn't tampered with. This is why I figure all things are meant to happen. If it was a big moot, I'd have been all quiet and not talked to anyone. Scary thought. I would have missed some excellent conversations and jokes that way. Yikes. :Q

"I've found that sometimes writing comes out even better in a sleep deprived delerium." Apparently it works with some late-night conversations, too, eh Rune? :devil: *limp wrist*

"You are one of the only people that I can IM and know for a fact that whatever we talk about, it will be a really great and interesting conversation." I really appreciated our chats in Mass. last week, Mossy. Stopped me from wallowing in self-pity and remember that there are always great people to moot with, even after coming off of a crazy several days. You're one of the folks I'm most comfortable opening up to and that you let me do some rambling and gushing meant a lot. I needed that. :oops:

"Sex cures headaches you idiot :salmon: and you know that" Did I give y'all another headache with my late phone call that one night, Stella? :devil: I figured we might catch you's during sex and I wanted to see if you'd just continue the conversation as normal or say, "fuck off, I'll call you back." :LMAO:

"And awwww, a m77t picture! (in your sig) gosh I'm such a fat head....oh well." You're such a tool, Rune. Besides, did you see that pic I took of the two of us? Gawd, the mellon. I belong in this family or something. :suspicious: :bawl:

"I don't even care if he was lying about the dress, it's pretty cool to be in that sort of position where you can make other people's day, you know? It certainly made mine." I said this about meeting Bruce Hopkins at the last Gathering. How wonderful that I was so confident at this Gathering that I was able to have a nice long chat with him and never once felt nervous. :love: The first thing he said to me? "Hey, I remember you from the last one!" :Q *dies* Again, I don't care if he was lying, it just felt amazing to hear that. Besides, I'm inclined to believe him because later that night, he snuck up behind me at the banquet with a video camera, asking what I thought of the convention. Awww, he noticed me first. :D:Wooper: I'll scan what he autographed in my book soon.

"All the things surrounding this trip could fill a lifetime's worth of birthday presents." I was pretty confident that this would be the case. It was. :cheers: What I did not expect was such a good turn-out for the little birthday dinner my mom was originally only going to take me to. Several family members, and then Rune, Elsha, and Aggie came along as well. :love: You guys need to see the card they got me, it's frickin' brilliant. I will scan it, too. ;)

"Remind me, who's the sexeh chicka under Sunny?" And now you'll never ever forget. =:)

I also wanted to take the opportunity to add something I'd forgotten in the first post but which needs to be said. Lego, your struggles with addiction and the effort you put into keeping sober are such an inspiration. Even before I knew you that well, I was always cheering for you on TORC and I'm glad you've been able to sort your life out a bit. That is extremely hard to do as a fully-realized adult, let alone a young man, so :bow: to you.

Because b77 still rules, I just wanted to thank everyone again. :hug:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Amrunelen
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 14 Jul , 2006 5:41 pm
wencherific

Awwwwwwwwwww...... (x a million) :bawl: :hug: :P I'm glad you had such a great time. I had a great time. I suppose I should write up a moot report somewhere...

And god, my head in that picture. Not only is it enormous, but I managed to look stoned in that one too, half blinking. :P Ah well...

Hmmmm....I should use the one I got of the two of us.

And I'm thinking there were a couple of other things I was going to ramble on about, but I'm hungry so they seem to have escaped my mind. I'll elaborate another time. :P

[ img ]

"Morning has broken and I have felt a presence that disturbs
me with the joy of elevated thoughts; a sense sublime of
something far more deeply interfused, whose dwelling is the
light of setting suns, and the round ocean and the living air,
and the blue sky, and in the mind of man; a motion and a
spirit, that impels." -Wordsworth

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 14 Jul , 2006 6:30 pm
Not so deep as a well

I can't believe it took me this long to read the thread. :oops: :oops: :oops:

:hug:

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 14 Jul , 2006 6:38 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:

"Sex cures headaches you idiot :salmon: and you know that" Did I give y'all another headache with my late phone call that one night, Stella? :devil: I figured we might catch you's during sex and I wanted to see if you'd just continue the conversation as normal or say, "fuck off, I'll call you back." :LMAO:

pffft! Like we'd answer the phone while having sex :roll: ;)

:love:

Stella

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 14 Jul , 2006 8:15 pm
Not so deep as a well

You know what's worse than your wife answering the phone during sex?

Her saying "I can't talk now" and hanging up. :D

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 14 Jul , 2006 11:58 pm

Amrunelen wrote:
I suppose I should write up a moot report somewhere...
Those are always fun. :P But just keep posting and I'll be happy. I forgot to mention in the spam thread to Elsha about the whole returning to reality thing that when you really think about it, how else were things to turn out? Wilma had life and computer problems. You have Aggie visiting. TWT has long work hours. Enchie has Raf over. Mith doesn't post at b77.......... Le sigh. I am used to the massive amounts of spam that occur after a moot but the deck was sorta stacked against that here and I never even thought about it until yesterday. I definitely should have made better use of my time. :oops: Being the only unemployed one with absolutely no committments. Oh well, that's what the weekend is for.

But yeah, the fact that everybody is so busy right now kind of lends even more mystique to the Toronto moots just because they ended so quickly and we were thrown into real life committments immediately. Which is also fascinating. :)
Quote:
Hmmmm....I should use the one I got of the two of us.
Agreed. :love: I'm so glad at least that one turned out good. The one from my camera was horrifying. I almost cropped myself out of it just to leave you up there because you look great in it. Really wanted to post as many photos as possible, though, even the unflattering ones. What's flattering is up to interpretation anyway. The only ones I passed on were blurry or dark or repetitive convention stuff.

Hi, Ax!!! As I told tolkienpurist the other day, I didn't want to track people down and therefore make them feel pressured to comment. I know that doesn't work out as well for those who don't visit b77 as much :oops: and I appologize for that. I just preferred people finding this thread organically. They will find it if they need to. I know that sounds weird, but that's me. :P

Oh, and:
  • A woman went to her psychiatrist because she was having severe problems with her sex life. The psychiatrist asked her many questions but did not seem to be getting a clear picture of her problems. Finally he asked, "Do you ever watch your husband's face while you are having sex?"

"Well, yes, I did once."

"Well, how did he look?"

"Very angry."

At this point the psychiatrist felt that he was really getting somewhere and he said, "Well that's very interesting, we must look into this further. Now tell me, you say that you have only seen your husband's face once during sex; that seems somewhat unusual; how did it occur that you saw his face that time?"

"He was looking through the window."
Stellie wrote:
pffft! Like we'd answer the phone while having sex :roll: ;)
Steve once mentioned that Issy did and so I wasn't sure if that attitude towards it ran in the family or not. :LMAO:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 16 Jul , 2006 3:59 am
Another bright red day

*E*, I'm really sorry you got stuck with me for the three hours before the next train, but at the same time I've very glad of it. I always enjoy talking to you, and it was especially nice to be able to have one of our long rambling conversations in person. There are very few people that I open up to, and you're one of them. I needed that, too. :)
Quote:
you let me do some rambling and gushing
You let me do even more rambling and whatnot! :P So thank you for bearing with me. Come back to MA more often. It's the only time we seem to be able to pull m77ts together. Or come to Jersey! We shall see shows and stuff.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 16 Jul , 2006 11:20 am

MaidenOfTheShieldarm wrote:
*E*, I'm really sorry you got stuck with me for the three hours before the next train
:salmon:

Poor me, I got more time in with a friend whilst drinking pop and eating bad snack foods.

I'm looking into a Newark-San Fran flight and will let you know if that pans out!

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 29 Aug , 2006 1:06 am

I have nowhere else to go.

It was nice while it lasted, but the rug seems to have been pulled out from under me the last couple of weeks. I don't know what the fuck happened. For the first time in years, I broke down and cried the other week and it seemed to open some floodgate because now it happens every couple of days. This isn't the depression thread but I don't care right now. I hate myself, I hate the SF moot, and I ain't too fond of life in general. Maybe one of you could temp ban me? I haven't done anything for this site in a long time and suspect your nice comments were blatant lies. Nobody liked me when I was depressed, so I see no more good happening for a while yet. Sorry to let everbody down. I really thought it would be okay.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 29 Aug , 2006 1:18 am
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

I feel your pain *E* I really do, I've been weepy lately too, but I really do think you're terrific :hug:

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 29 Aug , 2006 1:25 am
Grumpy cuz I can be

Nobody is going to ban you and nobody is lying to you.
People like you. Deal with it.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 29 Aug , 2006 1:50 am

:( :( Did something in particular happen, E? I know you were upset that you didn't have much money for SF. Did anything else happen? What could possibly convince you that we don't love you. Damnit, I love my E and E77 would be an empty shell of itself if you left this place. Give it some time, things'll get better. :hug:

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 29 Aug , 2006 2:10 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Quote:
I haven't done anything for this site in a long time
You're in the same boat as me then. Remember how I bailed as being Mayor?
Quote:
Nobody liked me when I was depressed
I'm sure you know that's completely false and just the depression trying to take you down. I can offer proof that people liked you....remember how you had that rambling thread on TORC...and how I was posting in it because I thought you were way kewl and wanted to get to know you?
yov wrote:
What could possibly convince you that we don't love you.
Well, I can't speak for *E*, but this is a pretty easy thing to convince oneself of...I know firsthand and experience it frequently.

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 29 Aug , 2006 2:33 am
TTBK's cemmie

*E*, read my PM, you ween.

Oh, and :hug:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 29 Aug , 2006 2:44 am
Another bright red day

*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
I hate myself, I hate the SF moot, and I ain't too fond of life in general.
No, no, no. You are awesome. The SF moot WILL be awesome, and life in general will be awesome, it just isn't yet. But it will be.
Quote:
I haven't done anything for this site in a long time and suspect your nice comments were blatant lies. Nobody liked me when I was depressed, so I see no more good happening for a while yet.
Piffle and poppycock! I liked you while you were depressed and I like you now and you're going to have to have one hell of a personality switch to make me stop liking you and none of the nice comments were blatant lies. You have done loads for this site. See that URL? Yeah, you're the reason we have it. Oh, and this wonderful thread? Who started that? Oh, yes, I think that would be you. The three moots I've been to? All because you happened to be in town. (I know that's not the site, but it certainly made me feel better.)

You will come to SF and room with me and Ethel and Eru and NL and Wampus and possibly someone else, I forget, and it will be the best hotel suite group thingy ever and we will all have a BRILLIANT time, and if you don't have a brilliant time (which you will), then I will sit around and be depressed with you and make tea. See? Good stuff happening, oodles of it! In less than a month!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 5 of 7  [ 138 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
Jump to: