The Last Homely Site on the Web

Last.fm is the coolest website ever

Post Reply   Page 39 of 39  [ 772 posts ]
Jump to page « 135 36 37 38 39
Donernilwen
Post subject: Re: Last.fm is the coolest website ever
Posted: Sat 21 Feb , 2009 6:37 am
B77's Crazy Christmas Elf

:LMAO: I love those comics! I still have that christmasy tumor one you sent to me a while back! And about what embarassingness has been on my playlist lately...

Think Kanye, but more gansta' yo! :P Yeah I can't say anymore here. Its just too much too soon. lawls.

Profile Quote
Elian
Posted: Mon 26 Apr , 2010 6:33 pm
Let the dice fly.

Boy, Don's music must have been really embarrassing, she hasn't scrobbled anything in months now! :Q ;)

Soo, what have we all been listening to lately? I've hit over 80,000 plays myself, and I see *E* is over 100,000! We're addicted to music, no doubt about it.

I've been listening to a lot of folk lately myself. That, and Florence + The Machine, cause everyone should listen to her. She's just that awesome. ;) And of course new albums from old favorites...it's been a pretty good year so far. I've loved new stuff from Shearwater, Frightened Rabbit, and Jonsi. Bit disappointed with the new Goldfrapp though, I just don't care for that 80s revival sound. That kind of synth should stay dead.

Anybody else have favorite albums of the year so far? Anybody else still around? Anybody know what I'm talking about? :help:

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
yovargas
Posted: Mon 26 Apr , 2010 9:07 pm

Elian wrote:
I've loved new stuff from Shearwater, Frightened Rabbit, and Jonsi.
Shearwater's single Castaways is a contender for fav song of the year so far. Love it.
I wasn't sure at first what to think of Jonsi's single Boy Lilikoi - it's really over-the-top to the point where it was bordering on cheesy but it's grown on me a lot.
I think I have a Frightened Rabbits song somewhere around here that I like but I don't recall how it goes...

I :love: music.

Profile Quote
Elian
Posted: Mon 26 Apr , 2010 9:29 pm
Let the dice fly.

Quote:
Shearwater's single Castaways is a contender for fav song of the year so far. Love it.
I wasn't sure at first what to think of Jonsi's single Boy Lilikoi - it's really over-the-top to the point where it was bordering on cheesy but it's grown on me a lot.
I think I have a Frightened Rabbits song somewhere around here that I like but I don't recall how it goes...

I :love: music.

Me too. :love:

I also adore Castaway. One of my current favorite songs, for sure. Shearwater's definitely got a talent for quietly epic songs with awesome crescendos, I think.

While Boy Lilikoi isn't one of my favorite songs, Jonsi's album as a whole is just so joyful and wonderful. It makes me happy. :D

Frightened Rabbit is awesome and you should totally dig up that song and take another listen. ;) I happen to think their 2008 album The Midnight Organ Fight is a tad better than this year's The Winter of Mixed Drinks, but imo it's just various degrees of fabulous.

I gotta say yov, I'm so glad you kept pushing The Decemberists on me years ago. :D I've become so much less picky about voices and it's opened up so much more stuff! Though I'm still not brave enough to subject my ears to Joanna Newsom again, so don't suggest it. ;)

What does it take

Profile Quote
yovargas
Posted: Mon 26 Apr , 2010 9:42 pm

I won't suggest it. :P But I will say her voice has become less shrill with each album so perhaps be less afraid of the new one...

Profile Quote
Elian
Posted: Mon 26 Apr , 2010 9:50 pm
Let the dice fly.

Listened to samples on itunes. Ears only bled twice. :P Am considering it.

What does it take

Profile Quote
yovargas
Posted: Mon 26 Apr , 2010 9:56 pm

That's progress! :cheers:
I've actually found her new one a tad dull. It was a disappointment for me. But lots of people are loving it and I suspect it's the best "entry" into her music for non-fans.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Posted: Sat 01 May , 2010 7:30 pm

Elian wrote:
Soo, what have we all been listening to lately? I've hit over 80,000 plays myself, and I see *E* is over 100,000! We're addicted to music, no doubt about it.
I rarely listen to music at home anymore cuz I'm usually watchin or readin something instead. But I listen to music most of the time at work. Unfortunately, I hadn't been able to get scrobbling setup at work until Jan. of this year. That's about two years worth of regular scrobbling I missed out on........

Profile Quote
Elian
Posted: Sat 01 May , 2010 7:49 pm
Let the dice fly.

Quote:
I rarely listen to music at home anymore cuz I'm usually watchin or readin something instead.
You don't read and listen to music at the same time? I mean, neither do I if I'm listening to something for the first time and trying to decide if I really enjoy it or not, but otherwise I've nearly always got music on while I'm reading.

I do find it tends to distract me if I'm using my ipod and it's going directly into my ears, though.

What does it take

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Posted: Tue 04 May , 2010 1:51 am
Grumpy cuz I can be

No. Read or listen to music. Cannot multitask like that.
My kids allegedly can, but my brain doesn't work that way.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
yovargas
Posted: Tue 04 May , 2010 2:03 am

:yes: :withstupid:

Profile Quote
Elian
Posted: Tue 04 May , 2010 2:34 am
Let the dice fly.

Hmmm. I'll admit to not always really hearing whatever's playing, but I do like to have it as background noise.

I have found I can't write with music on though, at least not music with words. Sigur Ros has become my go-to writing music, as Jonsi's Icelandic/made up wailing doesn't tend to distract me as much. ;)

What does it take

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 39 of 39  [ 772 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 135 36 37 38 39
Jump to: