board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

My big news!

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 17 posts ]
TWT
Post subject: My big news!
Posted: Mon 05 Mar , 2007 11:49 pm
Wembley bound

How many of you thought that I was going to be another messageboard member to step out of the closet when you read that thread title? Be honest!

:D

Well my news is of another sort. I won't step out of the closet just yet. Wait... :scratch:

Well I have some rather big news. Big news for me that is, and I was waiting for confirmation until I told everyone here. Scroozle, remember a few weeks ago I said I might have some big news? Well this is it.

I'm moving out west. Wow. That was to the point. For those of you who are reading this and still care, read on for details!

Yup. I'm moving to Victoria B.C. Within three weeks. And I'm sodding scared to death

Ever since I came back from Central America (three years ago) this is what I've called home. I've made a lot of friends here and most of my family is here. Now I'm moving thousands of kilometres away, away from everyone I know and love. While I know many people in Vancouver, I know none in Victoria.

Basically I was offered a sweet job out there by a friend and barring some unforeseen occurence or last minute cold feet I'll be going out on either the 19th or the 26th of this month.

I really want to do this because it's going to be a great experience for me. A chance to be out on my own and prove to myself that I can be a grown up (though I'm not comitting myself to maturity yet!). I am promising myself that I will stay there for at least a year though. If in a year I find that it has been too hard, then I will return to Toronto.

You have no idea (or maybe you do) how much I'm going to miss this city and my hockey team. How wonderful it is to be in Toronto on game night and be able to wave to all fellow fans. That's something you don't normally do, you don't greet strangers on the street. If you're both wearing the blue and white though you're accepted as family.

I just got off the phone with my (future) boss and he finally gave me the departure dates I mentioned above. I've been waiting for dates to tell everyone. I'm lucky to have good friends here in Toronto, understanding friends because normally I would be dead scared that they would be upset and think I'm abandoning them. I really need everyone's support. I hate sounding needy and vulnerable but this is the hardest decision I've ever made and without the support of my friends here on the boards and the ones around me I would have a very hard time.

Thanks for listening and wish me luck!

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 12:03 am

Oh! Congrats! (Are congrats in order? :scratch: lol)

It is hard to leave a place where you feel at home.....I'm kind of going through it right now.

Many wishes for Good luck!

How strange it is to be anything at all

Profile Quote
Lurker
Post subject: Re: My big news!
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 12:08 am

I thought you were going out of the closet and admit you are a Sens fan!
C'mon admit it! *waves Flames flag*
TWT wrote:
I really want to do this because it's going to be a great experience for me. A chance to be out on my own and prove to myself that I can be a grown up (though I'm not comitting myself to maturity yet!). I am promising myself that I will stay there for at least a year though. If in a year I find that it has been too hard, then I will return to Toronto.

You have no idea (or maybe you do) how much I'm going to miss this city and my hockey team. How wonderful it is to be in Toronto on game night and be able to wave to all fellow fans. That's something you don't normally do, you don't greet strangers on the street. If you're both wearing the blue and white though you're accepted as family.
True! True!
The Saddledome ain't Air Canada my friend!
I turned down season tickets to watch the Flames several times. :devil:
Thank god, almost half of Calgary are Torontonians and Leaf fans, though.
I don't know about Victoria. We still miss T-dot!!!

Good luck, my friend! At least the weather is so much better in Victoria than in Cow Country aka Calgary. I must confess I had a culture shock when I moved west and still am.

I miss TO! :help:

Caution...You are entering the NO SPIN ZONE.

Profile Quote
Lurker
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 12:12 am

Please accept my condolences!!!
Is that approriate or what? You know...what I mean!
:P

Caution...You are entering the NO SPIN ZONE.

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 12:27 am
Takoyaki is love

Good luck going out west. :D

Itoshiki Sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Avatar by: sparklessence

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 1:05 am
TTBK's cemmie

TWT, you are certainly lucky. You are moving to one of the most beautiful places in North America. :)

Good luck with the move and starting a new life!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jude
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 1:48 am
Aspiring to heresy

Have a great time in Victoria and take lots of pictures!

Oh, and you didn't say what your new job would be :poke:

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 2:47 am
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Hey, congratulations!!! I can understand about being scared, but I'm glad you sound excited, too. I think you'll do great!

Are you going to go see vison? :Q Think of it! You might get to see the Queen of the Universe in person! That should make it completely worthwhile!

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
gimli_axe_wielder
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 3:01 am
The easily amuse-OH SHINY!

Well that would put us in the same time zone I think! :P:P

Congrats!

Things and stuff.

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 4:15 am
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

Good luck TWT!!!

I know how scary it is moving west, but you'll be fine :D

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject: Re: My big news!
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 9:56 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Why, God, why??? :bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl: Take someone from Manitoba, I'll never visit there. :bawl: Now I can't ever see you in RL again, Jay.

;):LMAO:
Lurker wrote:
I thought you were going out of the closet and admit you are a Sens fan!
C'mon admit it! *waves Flames flag*
He actually killed two birds with one stone in a Scroozle strip not too long ago...

[ img ]

In all seriousness, I knew this would work out for you soon as I heard about it. You'll be great and wonder why you ever had worries! Extra :hug: for obvious reasons: I think this is the first time I ever saw a crack in that sarcastic veneer. It's... different. :P You'll be fine, kiddo. Just look at it as a fun adventure to adulthood (at least on the outside - indeed, maturity is overrated).

Make sure to send me an address once you have one so that I can mail that Bobby Orr golf ball.

Keep us updated and definitely post some photos. Especially of Beaver Pond if you swing by that area...

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
RELStuart
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 11:42 pm
Legendury speller

Hey! Great news. :) I really hope everything goes well for you. Keep us updated.

"When people don't believe in you, you have to believe in yourself. "
Pierce Brosnan

"Please don't disillusion me. I haven't had breakfast yet." Card

Profile Quote
vison
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 07 Mar , 2007 1:20 am
Best friends forever

TWT, you are going to LOVE Victoria. It is a wonderful city, small enough to be friendly but big enough to be cool. :cool: It's a University town. It is a pretty well-off town, since it is the provincial capital and so many people are civil servants. The "street" scene is not nearly as bad as Vancouver, that's for sure.

I will definitely be going to Victoria later this spring, we have friends there and my brother and his wife live in Courtenay, and now I have YOU to visit!!!

Woo hoo. :cool:

The Canucks are HOT, TWT. The Canucks are ON FIRE. You won't miss those Leafs, je vous assure. :D

*E*, are you barred from BC or something? :scratch: Jeez, girl. You know you have a bed here when you hit the coast, and if you time it right, well, we can "do" the Island, and all.

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 07 Mar , 2007 1:41 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

I'll PM you about that later. :P

And TWT, you're an idiot if you miss the chance to hang out with vison. She is fanTAStic. Just sayin'!

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
BrianIsSmilingAtYou
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 07 Mar , 2007 1:48 am

Great news! Jump at the opportunity, and make the most of it.

BrianIs :) AtYou

[ img ]

My niece, Humera, under a pumpkin leaf!

Profile Quote
enchantress
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 07 Mar , 2007 5:34 am
Sorcery in Action

Good luck! :P

Its pretty there and warmer (heh... pretty much anywhere is warmer than -35 C eh...) though they get some pretty messed up weather recently and the island is first hit before the mainland... heh :P

Also, don't get all old and sedate there :P Its a bit of a seniors' city... picturesque, cute and quaint... not a whole lot going on though most of the time... :P
I know a few good places to eat from last visit if I can remember names...!!!

Falling into Autumn... :)

Profile Quote
Silwen
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 07 Mar , 2007 8:13 am
DomiKNITrix

Great news and it is definitely one of the nicest looking places. I almost made it there myself once, but now you will have to do what I wanted to do there. I hope you have a great time in Victoria. You will get used to it. ;) And you will like it!

:wave:

Abso-knitting-lutely! The knitting blog.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 17 posts ]
Return to “The Turf”
Jump to: