board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

I've done something silly and funny

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Post subject: I've done something silly and funny
Posted: Sun 06 May , 2007 1:16 am

I recently got an interesting bit of junk mail. One of the local lending agencies sent me a letter saying I was pre-approved for a loan. It would be a secured loan with ah 22% interest rate.

I was a bit offended. Waht kind of an idiot do they think I am that I would jump at a chance to take out a loan on such gaia-awful terms? Did they think I was possessed by Eris? Come on!

So, I went to their office armed with a very different document.

A bill for proof-reading their offer.

I charged the $2000 proof-reading fee, and gave them a due date for payment of one month.

It is a myth that coercion is necessary in order to force people to get along together, but it is a persistent myth because it feeds a desire many people have. That desire is to be able to justify hurting people who have done nothing other than offend them in some way.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue Feb 30, 2026 13:61 am; edited 426 times in total

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 May , 2007 1:21 am
Same as it ever was

:LMAO: :LMAO:

Good for you!! :D:D

Although, do check your credit ratings after this, it might come back to bite you...although it shouldn't. Just never plan on using that finance company in the future....

Still, funny, I wish I had the guts to respond to all of the ilk I get...

Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 miles per second, is a cow that has been dropped from a helicopter.

Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

- Dave Barry

Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive...
Supermassive Black Hole.

- Muse

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 May , 2007 3:06 am

Silly, funny and AWESOME. :D

That sounds fun.

How strange it is to be anything at all

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 May , 2007 9:55 am
Milk and kisses

That's awesome! :LMAO:

I once walked into a mobile phone shop and asked to speak to the manager because they had a poster in the window that read "THE SUMMERS LATEST STYLE'S". I told him that there was not one, but two grammar mistakes in the poster, which was not a handwritten job but a professionally-made advertisement centrally printed and distributed by the head office. The manager looked at me as if I were a weirdo, and asked "so what are the mistakes then?". I pointed them out and asked him to get in touch with HQ to rectify the matter because "it gave an awful image of the company". He didn't have a clue how to react. :D Now I think I ought to have handed in a corrected version of the poster together with my proof-reading bill (which would have been quite hefty, as a University lecturer with a PhD). Damn! :D

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Jude
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 May , 2007 11:54 am
Aspiring to heresy

Berhael wrote:
The manager looked at me as if I were a weirdo, and asked "so what are the mistakes then?".
I bet he actually said "So what are the mistake's then?" :D

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
ToshoftheWuffingas
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 May , 2007 12:20 pm
Filthy darwinian hobbit

Last week I saw a poster in a window asking for job applicants who had 'acheived English GCSE exams' The poster wasn't labelled URGENT but it should have been.

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 May , 2007 7:12 pm
Wembley bound

I almost always carry a pen on my person and when I'm in the mood I'll take it out and correct the grammar on signs and posters and the like.

Makes me feel better. :P

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 May , 2007 7:13 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

:LMAO: :LMAO:

I would be a rich woman if I sent our local news station a bill every time I spotted (and mentally corrected) one of their errors. It's constant. I see on average 1-2 per newscast. :roll:

It would be different if it were "breaking news" or something, and you knew they had thrown together the story in a few minutes.

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 May , 2007 1:48 am
Insolent Pup

In college, my roommate and I once corrected a nasty letter written to my hallway by a resident's girlfriend who didn't appreciate the status of the bathroom. This was a male hallway, and the status never bothered us. She wasn't even supposed to be using the bathroom. She didn't like the grammar corrections. They were written in red ink, which made them official.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “The Turf”
Jump to: