board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Lushing....

Post Reply   Page 2 of 86  [ 1717 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 586 »
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 2:01 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Angels On Bare Skin? :Q

Thanks. *That* image will now haunt me for the rest of the day.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
DoTheyGandalf
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 2:04 pm
Harry Potter's Whore-crux

Leoba, I would love you forever :D:D:D and then probably spend all my money at Lush :P:D

enchie, stop being so pretty....ok?? :P;);D

Mossy: i can just see you being one of those cool teachers who brings in a koala and a criminal when the class is learning about australia
Mossy: "Hi class! Today we're learning about Australia. See this man in the orange jumpsuit? His name is Frank and he's visiting us from jail today! Now, can anyone tell me what our friend Frank has to do with today's lesson?"
Elian wrote:
Everything's better with DTG! ;):D

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 2:52 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

Angels on bare skin sounds like what could come in handy in this household :roll:

shall scribble it on my to-get-list.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
enchantress
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 7:21 am
Sorcery in Action

So today I ventured into Lush... :P It wasnt SO scary... but still STRONG smelling!

I handled soft coeur and its quite lovely...massage bars also tend to work better than massage oils in my opinion... in that its easier not to make a mess. I suppose not to destroy the sheets one should only use the white part of soft coeur... ;):P

I think I will buy this as part of valentine's day supplies :devil: ;) :love:
...though I got word of some edible massage bars at another place and will check that out too since it sounds even more appropriate :P

Thank you for the suggestion!!!! :love:
As I slowly condition myself not to fear the Lush, I will likely be back with more questions.

DTG, You are insane :P:P :help:
Who are you to talk, huh, ms. gorgeous???? :mrgreen:

Falling into Autumn... :)

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 5:12 pm
Milk and kisses

Enchie, if you're passing Lush again give Absolution a sniff. It's another massage bar, pale green in colour, and smells a bit like vanilla and something green (difficult smell to describe). It's much more... discreet ;) than SoftCoeur.

I think that you migh tbe allergic to the bicarb as well as the perfumes. :Q I know of a couple of cases - itchy, runny nose near a Lush shop. Individual products are certainly kinder. :mrgreen: And if we're talking Valentines supplies, may I point you in the direction of the bath melts... =:) (not bath bombs since the bicarb might make you sneeze! And bath melts have oils so they're more... ahem, conducive to nice massages :mrgreen: )

I personally adore Something Wicked This Way Comes, which is pink and glittery and fruity+gingery; but for indulgent bathing, nothing beats a Floating Island or a Ceridwen's Cauldron...

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Leafy
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 10:19 pm
Lying among the Daisies

Steve that picture of you really reminds me of this 4ft woman i know :Q

Bought some hard shampoo (Trichomania) at the weekend :D

Still can't work out whether the guy who sold it to me was gay or not... his shirt was very very crisp... :scratch

~Leafy~

Let's get Fizzical

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 10:28 pm

Well it's about bloody time you showed up.

:Wooper:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Leafy
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 11:13 pm
Lying among the Daisies

Well i got bored... Ali has mumps, the bastard. Amazing how much you miss sex after only a week :neutral:

~Leafy~

Let's get Fizzical

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 11:38 pm

Yes, it *is* amazing how much I miss sex after only a week.

Thanks for letting everyone know.

Not that they couldn't have figured it out for themselves.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Feb , 2005 9:01 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

I should have thought most people would miss sex if they had to wait a week between each shag!

Good to see you here Leafy. :smile: Does Trichomania work for you then? I like it, but it makes my hair tangly and my hair can do tangly pretty effectively all on its own! :P

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Leafy
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 12:00 am
Lying among the Daisies

Some things are less painful to handle when they are out in the open Steve... *pats*

I have used Trichomania, but it makes your hair tangly? *thinks about usual state of own hair*...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!... etc etc

the man with the crisp shirt said it was good for dry frizzy hair! damn him! DAMN HIM!!!

~Leafy~

Let's get Fizzical

Profile Quote
enchantress
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 5:15 am
Sorcery in Action

Made my little LUSH plunge: bought two soft coeurs. :mrgreen:
Looking forward to using :love: :devil: ;)

Ber, I examined Absolution but it was not quite to my liking...the therapy one smelled interesting though, and Each Peach or something also... might get those two at other times...
Thanks for the recommendation though!

Lady there tried to get me to buy some bubble bath bar that looked and smelled like cookie dough, I swear... :Q :mrgreen: This stuff takes a bit of getting used to, but its a happy whimsical universe in that store...and I love some of the product names.

Lady also explained vital differences between melts, bombs, and bubblebaths to me at my bidding :P I feel somewhat enlightened now.

Lady had major British accent :mrgreen: ... I wonder if they ship their employees out of their homeland (LUSH is originally British is it not?)

HI Leafy! *waves to leafy*
I looked at that T-something shampoo thing too... the little board above it said its good for curly and dry hair... that made me inspect it further.... smells nice... but I dont want tangly!!!!! Tell us how it worked on your hair Leafy... if you decide to give it a shot even after Leoba's chronicled experience... :P

EDIT: :Q :Q :Q I just smelled my hair and it smells like LUSH from 20 minutes of being in the store earlier today... SEVERAL hours ago!!!!!! Thats some...POTENT stuff...! Then again, my hair really soaks up smells fast...and retains them well...

Falling into Autumn... :)

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 7:20 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

Guys, bear in mind that I have fine hair. So I was using a shampoo that's probably not supposed to work for me. ;) Bet it works a treat on curls. :P

Enchie, it sounds like those first baby steps are bearing fruit - I hope you enjoy the massage bars/ :mrgreen::mrgreen: And yes, Lush is a British company, although I think the North American stores are run on franchises?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Leafy
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 12 Feb , 2005 1:08 am
Lying among the Daisies

you're right, i am soft and schiny :Wooper:

however, i did go a bit kreezeh today and spent over an hour in the shower, using 5 different products on my hair in a single wash. perhaps it was repaying me for being so nice to it for once ;)

but yeah, definitely try it out enchie :) i actually found while i was putting it on that it smelled bit weird... like coconut mixed with mud... :scratch but that disappeared right after i got out the shower so its probably just my sense of smell gone crackers :P either that or i'm smelling that bloody henna i put on my hair last week oO (smells like a mixture of cowpat and muddy grass after rain)

and did my hair change colour, even though i left the damn stuff on for TEN HOURS?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Bastards.

~Leafy~

Let's get Fizzical

Profile Quote
crystal_seed
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 13 Feb , 2005 3:27 pm

Uh.. does Lush have any products for folks with REAL sensitive skin???
As in... I use a salon product at the moment called 'So Pure' with 100% plant extracts or oils- the one has Birch and Patchouli (for dry flakiness from winter), the other has Ylang Ylang and Palm Rose for hydrating... and then I have some conditioner with Lavender and Chamomile. Problem is... these things rip my hands to shreds...
PH neutral things seem to be the best- and I was wondering if they have such things, for the same- dry flakiness (shampoo this would be) in winter and hydrating.
Or a nice lotion or massage bar- but something that isn't too harsh???

:help:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 14 Feb , 2005 11:04 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

Hi Crys. :smile:

Finding anything anywhere for sensitive skin is a pig. :P There are a few things Lush do that work magic on unhappy skin. But since everyone's different they don't make promises that they're 100% okay. However, in store they will usually let you take a sample home to try if you're not sure how you might react.

Snake Oil is a massage bar for the scalp and is supposed to help flaky heads, as does the Soak and Float shampoo bar. But both really do smell potent, and not in a girly flowery way! :P I know, that's probably not a lot of help !

The most calming body lotion would be Dream Cream. It's got oats, rose water, lavender, chamomile and olive oil.

Dreamwash and In the Nude are the shower soap and bath melt respectively, for irritable skin. I like both on days when my skin is having a hissy fit! They have chamomile and lavendar and rose, again! Butterball is also a nice bath option - it's packed full of chunks of cocoa butter and scented with ylang ylang. :smile:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 14 Feb , 2005 5:07 pm
Per aspera ad astra

Crys - I tried two Lush products so far and reacted allergic to both (sorry, Ber, also to your happy to sad.... the kids loved the smell, so they ended up using it.)

There is a shop in Geneva.....

I mean just in case... ;)

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 14 Feb , 2005 5:26 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Nin, can you remember what you tried?

It would be a shame to write off a whole company when there are such differences between types of products and scents etc. There are some ballistics for example (or bubble bar slices - like the 'Hot Milk' I tried last night :roll: ) that leave my skin itching like crazy. Whereas others are blissfully soothing and moisturising.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 Feb , 2005 6:50 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Allergic to Lush products? Oh no! What a tragedy!

I'm loving the Reincarnate shampoo the more I use it. It really does add a bit of shine and I can see more of the reddish browns in my hair!!! w00t! :D

Now I'm really wanting to try Arabian Bright to see if it can get some more red in my hair. :)

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 16 Feb , 2005 9:12 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

I couldn't resist and yesterday started a thread in the Lush forum, asking what staff members say to those people who come into their shop and state that they're allergic to everything.

From Alison at the Bath store:
Quote:
we get lots of people in the shop who shop for someone else and say 'oh i cant use anything here, i am too sensitive, alergic, et..'

Now, I never try to insist that our products will be fine, i do mention that they are usually fine on any skin. But if they dont want to try, they wont. If you try to force them, they will only back away more.

What i do with people who come in the shop is i give them a sample of Dream Cream. I tell them to take it home and if they cant use it to come in and tell me.

They never do. :)

So the moral of this post is:
get them to try some dream cream!
:mrgreen::mrgreen:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 86  [ 1717 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 586 »
Jump to: