The Last Homely Site on the Web

Lushing....

Post Reply   Page 5 of 86  [ 1717 posts ]
Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 786 »
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 9:06 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

Oooh good luck Pandora! That would be amazng if you did get work in Lush Victoria... what with it being my local shop and everything. Very nice avatar BTW - so that must mean you've downloaded your pictures from the Holland weekend. Can the rest of us see them perchance? :D

DTG, I haven't forgotten you, I've just been stupidly stupidly bust recently and haven't got round to packing anything up for you. :oops: I consider myself nudged. :P

Berhael, I keep meaning to go and get some of the new honey lipbalm too. I need more hair moisturiser, so it's a good excuse for a wander down the road. ;) Though those discontinueds should be on the doorstep anyday now I've heard! :D:D

Eruname, I certainly prefer the Whipstick over lipservice. but then I keep all of them either in a pocket on on my computer so they warm through nicely. ;):)

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
enchantress
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 9:11 am
Sorcery in Action

Just stopping by to thank for the recommendations back in late january /early february, and to report back that Soft Coeur was indeed very very lovely :love: :devil: :love:

That smell is addictive by the way... makes me want to eat it :P
Will have to go again and get some more of those for personal use... it takes a while for the oils to get absorbed (its not instant) but it does leave skin very nice and soft and mmmmmmm..... smelling... and its just such a joy to apply..... :D
(we sort of left the dark centers alone in order not to damage sheets too much :P)

Falling into Autumn... :)

Profile Quote
Donernilwen
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 5:23 am
B77's Crazy Christmas Elf

hehehe I had a feeling that the link you posted would lead to something like this Ber. ;)
Thanks much.:) Haven't bought anything new lately but am loving the stuff I have at the moment (Mask of magnimity, Honey I washed the kids soap yummm... and skinny dip. Caught my sister trying to sneak some of that into an empty bottle of hers actually. To bad I'm not a half wit. I can tell when half of my bottle is missing. ;) )
Quote:
Has anyone here tried the hair hennas?

Yeah Eruname, I actually bought the rouge one(most red henna offered by lush). Don't know if you ever saw the little pic of it I put online, but I did like it. If you are uneasy about dying your hair, I wouldn't go for the hennas first. Even though it was wonderful for my hair,as opposed to chemical dyes, I would probably go for something less permanant. If you are just wanting to bring out some of the red in your natural hair I'd look into the Arabian Bright. I've heard from Leoba and Ber that it somewhat of that effect.
Hope this helps out a bit. ;)
-Don

Edit- DANG IT! With that spiffy new "quick reply" thing at the bottom of the page, I didn't notice that there were 6 pages I had left unread. :Q :oops:

Profile Quote
DoTheyGandalf
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 2:57 pm
Harry Potter's Whore-crux

Leoba, I feel bad that you're going through all this trouble to send me samples! Is there anything you need/want from this side of the pond? I woul be more than happy to send it to you :D

Mossy: i can just see you being one of those cool teachers who brings in a koala and a criminal when the class is learning about australia
Mossy: "Hi class! Today we're learning about Australia. See this man in the orange jumpsuit? His name is Frank and he's visiting us from jail today! Now, can anyone tell me what our friend Frank has to do with today's lesson?"
Elian wrote:
Everything's better with DTG! ;):D

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:07 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

What trouble? I'm just too disorganised to scoop some cleanser from pots at home into empty posts I also have at home! :roll::P I have this weekend with no plans at all though (the first free weekend in 6 weeks!), so I'll get myself organised. ;)

And I don't expect anything in return! :P

Oreos are good though...

[ img ]

Profile Quote
DoTheyGandalf
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:08 pm

*Squeee* I love sending packages :D

Regular or would you like to try some of the new fangled ones that have come out?

:P

Mossy: i can just see you being one of those cool teachers who brings in a koala and a criminal when the class is learning about australia
Mossy: "Hi class! Today we're learning about Australia. See this man in the orange jumpsuit? His name is Frank and he's visiting us from jail today! Now, can anyone tell me what our friend Frank has to do with today's lesson?"
Elian wrote:

Profile Quote
Di of Long Cleeve
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:13 pm
Frodo's girl through and through

What Lush products - cleansers and moisturisers - are good for dry skin, Leoba? :)

I find that the Body Shop skin products, although they're very nice, just don't absorb well enough into my skin.

I have a confession to make.

When I walk past a Lush shop, I find the scents really ... overwhelming.

Not in a good way. :(

"Frodo undertook his quest out of love - to save the world he knew from disaster at his own expense, if he could ... " Letter no. 246

Avatar by elanordh on Live Journal

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:32 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

good luck Pan darling!!!!

and i am reluctant to use my butterbal :Dmaybe tomorrow though after a 5 hour dance rehearsal i shall. don't want my stack of lushy goodness to end! King os Skin is fabulous though :D

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:34 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

DTG, you love sending packages and yet I don't recall having seen you in the swap-shop thread. :suspicious:
I've only ever tried regular, thanks to Eru, so I'm open to suggestion.

Di :D You are very much not alone. I know I used to feel nauseous walking past Lush in Victoria Station when I commuted that way to and from Croydon; the smell of all the products together was so cloyingly overpowering. I know Taurië had the same thing, and I seem to recall Enchie (?) too. It does seem to get better (or you get acclimatised) after a while! But there is always mail order (and they are an intelligent articulate bunch on the other end of the phone too).

I’m somewhat nervous about recommending face cleansers, as I have had sensitive-skin problems with a lot of stuff and as I’ve posted before am mostly resigned to olive oil now! The best way to get to know things is to go into the shops and chat to the assistants, who are invariably really keen to send you home with samples to try. Of all the London stores, I’d recommend the Victoria one for friendliest staff.

Of the Face Moisturisers, Skins Shangri La and Afterlife are the richer ones, with Skin Drink a more budget relation.

The body moisturiser I adore is Sympathy for the Skin, with almond oil, cocoa butter and fresh, organic bananas and an infusion of vanilla pods. But you might also like to look at King of Skin, which is a body butter you rub over your skin in the shower, containing bananas, oatmeal, avocados, cocoa butter, shea butter, almond oil and coconut butter. I was going to stop there, but I should also say that the masage bars shouldn't be discounted - they make great body butters. :)

As for showergels: Skinny Dip (cocoa butter, white chocolate and vertivert) is the most luxurious skin conditioning one that springs to mind. I like B Never (the honey one) best of all when my skin is having a hissy fit. Sadly it’s discontinued. But - if you do mailorder- it’s worth asking if they have any bottles in stock as they do make this one up especially for their forum posters. ;)

I'll let one of the others bombard you with ideas as to the best bath ballistics and solid bath oil blocks for dry skin!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
DoTheyGandalf
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:40 pm

Leoba...thats because when you said that I thought to myself "What the hell is the swap-shop thread???" :P I want to join I want to join!!

Regular are the best in my opinion, but the golden creams are quite tasty as well :D

Elian wrote:

Profile Quote
Di of Long Cleeve
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:41 pm

Thank you very much, Leoba. :):):):):)

Yes, I'm afraid that I find the Lush scents all together in one shop make me feel absolutely nauseated. :Q

(Geraniums have a similar effect on me. I was once in the back seat of a car with all these geraniums on the back shelf and I started to feel sick. Not a pleasant smell they have, precious, no not at all!)

But you have made me keen to try out the Lush stuff. :)

Yay for the internet. :cheers

That Skinny Dip showergel sounds scrumptious!!!

"Frodo undertook his quest out of love - to save the world he knew from disaster at his own expense, if he could ... " Letter no. 246

Profile Quote
Di of Long Cleeve
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:42 pm

dp. :doh1:

Last edited by Di of Long Cleeve on Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:42 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

it's really good Di :D Leoba gifted me with a bottle and it's really really good.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:44 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

DTG, I trust your judgement. ;)

Di, Skinny Dip is heavenly. ;) I should have said (as if I didn't say too much already) that mail order are (as far as I know) pretty good about adding skin care samples to an order if you ask nicely.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
DoTheyGandalf
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:47 pm

*pokes Leoba*

What is the swap/shop thread??? :P

Elian wrote:

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:53 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

[ img ]

Profile Quote
DoTheyGandalf
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 3:57 pm

Leoba, you're the best :D

Elian wrote:

Profile Quote
enchantress
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 Mar , 2005 4:03 am
Sorcery in Action

Leoba and Di (nice to meet you by the way :)), yes, 'twas/is me, or rather my nose that cant very well handle lush stores... but it gets better with repeated exposure... and its alright at home I think because youre dealing with only one or a few products at a time. :)

I have a question - does lush have conditioners?

If so, is there anything that is a good deep revitalizer and conditioner that can moisturize and revive dry hair (curlies get very dry...)?
Any sort of restorative, moisturizing treatment thingy?

Falling into Autumn... :)

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 Mar , 2005 5:48 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Ber sent me The Strokes and that has done a good job conditioning. I have curly hair which I blow dry. It's quite thick and can be poofy so this gives it a bit of weight and fights frizz a little as well. I believe Marilyn is a hair moisturizer as well and good for blonde hair. Then there's Retread as well...that's heavy duty conditioning I believe. I've tried American Cream as well but can't recommend it if you're looking for a deep moisturizer. My hair immediately sucked it up and it took quite a bit to cover my hair and didn't condition it all that well. It's working well for Iavas though. I just don't think it's thick/curly hair friendly.

Probably Retread would fit what you're looking for best. :)

Don, I went looking for the photos you've posted in the other Lush thread and found them, but the links didn't work. :(

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 Mar , 2005 12:35 pm
Tricksy Elf!

Di of Long Cleeve wrote:
Yes, I'm afraid that I find the Lush scents all together in one shop make me feel absolutely nauseated. :Q
It can be too much Di, took me ages to go in there and some of the shops are worse than others :Q

What we could do is run into one of the ones local to us (say Victoria or Covent Garden), to get what you wanted, then next time you are in London we can meet up in 'Pauls' for a hot choccy and pass them on :)

Or samples of stuff, it takes some time to find what works for you but they are ususally happy in the shops to give samples.
Quote:
That Skinny Dip showergel sounds scrumptious!!!

It is, especially when mixed with 13Rabbit (one of the discontinued that is due to arrive at Shay LeobaDin very soon :D:D:D:D

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 5 of 86  [ 1717 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 786 »
Jump to: