The Last Homely Site on the Web

Lushing....

Post Reply   Page 82 of 86  [ 1717 posts ]
Jump to page « 180 81 82 83 8486 »
Silwen
Post subject: Re: Lushing....
Posted: Thu 18 Dec , 2008 12:58 am
DomiKNITrix

Today I went to Frankfurt for the Christmas market and took the opportunity to go into Lush again even though I'd only been there a month ago. Well, it was not a nice Lush experience this time! They still don't have all the Christmas products, particularly the really interesting ones, in my opinion! They probably won't get them at all. :doh1: So I still haven't had a Witches Ball. Also, they said they no longer give away soap or shower gel samples. You can only get samples of other products in January again. WTF? :rage: The SA was rude as well, I thought. She seemed to think I was one of those brainless "kids" who hang around near that shop a lot. :suspicious: :scratch: Then she yelled at me for not using a tester - though I did. Not going there again soon, perhaps never.

I also read that the Frankfurt shop had no idea about the announced Christmas party! So people came and there was nothing going on. :bang: Generally, customers have been complaining about the shop for ages because Lush doesn't seem to even try to entice customers to buy anything in any way.

Abso-knitting-lutely! The knitting blog.

Profile Quote
theduffster
Posted: Thu 18 Dec , 2008 11:08 pm
Damn those Amish!!

Aww...that sucks!! :rage: Don't they realize you want to give them money--possibly??? :bang:

I am planning a trip to a Pittsburgh Lush after Christmas, and I hope they have the same "buy one, get one free" on Christmas items that they had last year.

[ img ]

Gob: Return from whence you came!!

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Posted: Thu 18 Dec , 2008 11:49 pm
TTBK's cemmie

Eru wrote:
Rebecca: I don't think I'd ever bother applying to work at a Lush store. For one, I bet they get loads of applications. Also, I don't have a bubbly personality or am good at selling things.
I always think that too.... but every time I get in a store I get so excited I get sorta bubbly & weird & the last time I was in there the assistant manager asked me to fill out an application! Ha ha!

"Um, thanks, but my husband would KILL me!" (As that would be a 45 minute commute, not because of all the free Lush I'd get!) ;)

I think you should try anyway.... you might be surprised... besides, I always prefer the quieter SAs myself. They're easier to get to know than the bubbly-airhead ones who drift off after offering to help you.... you know, the ones you see about an hour later & they go "Oh, hi! Welcome to Lush! Can I help you?!" :blackeye:

The reason I'm popping in here is because I wanted to make sure Wilma knew that Retro Lush has 17 Cherry Tree Lane available online now! I know she bought up a chunk when it was disconned, but I figured it might be gone now..... so just FYI if you pop in here! :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Amrunelen
Posted: Mon 12 Jan , 2009 12:01 am
wencherific

*has remembered how much she loves LUSH in the UK*

:shock:

I went into the Buchanan street Lush here in Glasgow today....bought the small bottle of Yummy Yummy Yummy. In the US, it's $8.95. Today, with today's current exchange rate, I got it for $4.36.

:shock:

I also had quite a chat with they guy at the till. I've found the male workers are the easiest ones to weasel free samples out of. *shufty eyes* Or at least the sooner to offer them. :P I got a nice sized chunk of Spice Curls off of him. Not a huge fan of the way it smells in the store....kind of like toothpaste or bubblegum...but I wanted to try it before I write it off. He claims to like it and another woman standing in line behind me claims it smells differently in the shower, so we'll see. :scratch:

:love: :love: :love:

[ img ]

"Morning has broken and I have felt a presence that disturbs
me with the joy of elevated thoughts; a sense sublime of
something far more deeply interfused, whose dwelling is the
light of setting suns, and the round ocean and the living air,
and the blue sky, and in the mind of man; a motion and a
spirit, that impels." -Wordsworth

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Mon 12 Jan , 2009 10:10 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

I bought a chunk of Spice Curls and do like the way it smells. It smells heavily of cinnamon...kind of like Big Red gum. What I don't like about it is that it doesn't lather at all. Same for Keep it Fluffy soap....well, that one lathers a bit but not near enough for my tastes.

I'm actually fairly disappointed with Lush's soap range right now. I prefer jasmine/honeysuckle scented soaps. I'm not big on fruity scents (though I really do like the Yummy Yummy Yummy shower gel...bought the biggest bottle of that one!) and it seems most of the soaps Lush is doing right now are fruity. Keep it Fluffy is alright but it's not near as good as my all time favourite Alkmaar. I want it back! :(

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Silwen
Posted: Mon 12 Jan , 2009 11:11 am
DomiKNITrix

I agree that the soaps are the least interesting product range. :neutral: Apart from Sandstone there has been none so far that I'd be willing to buy.

Abso-knitting-lutely! The knitting blog.

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Posted: Mon 12 Jan , 2009 12:59 pm

Eru, I'm pretty sure the UK soaps use a different base than those in the NA. I can't remember what it is, but I remember reading a lot of people on the messageboard complaining about the lack of lather for all the soaps now. That is pretty disappointing, since the new base is supposed to be better for the environment than what NA uses. :neutral:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Mon 12 Jan , 2009 4:19 pm

I never had an issue with UK soaps before. In fact, most of my Lush products have always come from the UK.

It must be the change. Maybe enough people will complain so that they'll do something about it. I'm afraid I won't have much inclination to buy soaps regardless how nice they smell if they don't lather. Whilst I do get clean, it's just not satisfying. One wants to be satisfied when they buy more expensive soap like Lush's.

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Posted: Mon 12 Jan , 2009 4:28 pm

Yeah, I agree Eru. I'm pretty sure it's recent, it was right before I left in September. Not sure if it was a gradual change or something for the new soaps or what, though. Apparently the old soap base is a bit more rare/in high demand/something so they switched. Sounds good, but I think it sounds like they need to keep working on a better replacement. :P

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Amrunelen
Posted: Mon 12 Jan , 2009 8:52 pm
wencherific

Hmmm...that's interesting. I haven't tried any of the new ones I've just gotten lately yet, been using a piece of Angel's delight from last Christmas. Will have to leave a review when I do. ;) I have christmas cake, porridge, spice curls, and pumpkin soap sitting in front of me.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Berhael
Posted: Mon 12 Jan , 2009 10:14 pm
Milk and kisses

The old soap base was palm oil, which apparently is bad for the environment, or comes from unfair trade from far-flung islands so it has a humunguous carbon footprint, or some such. :roll: So now they use a mixture of oils, including rapeseed, which makes the new soap squidgier and less lathering, and some people are allergic to it. I've only used Porridge out of the new soaps and wasn't impressed

Eru, keep an eye on the Retro soaps. They do 17 Cherry Tree Lane now, they may do Alkmaar again!

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Amrunelen
Posted: Mon 12 Jan , 2009 10:45 pm
wencherific

*squeezes her porridge, christmas cake, and pumpkin soap*

They are squidgier. :Q

Of course a couple of my past favorites were rather squidgy too.....mud flats and figs and leaves.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Posted: Mon 12 Jan , 2009 11:12 pm

I don't think Alkmaar's been discontinued in NA, has it?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Tue 13 Jan , 2009 12:33 am

Berhael wrote:
Eru, keep an eye on the Retro soaps. They do 17 Cherry Tree Lane now, they may do Alkmaar again!
I've heard this before and I checked again and I do not see 17 Cherry Tree Lane in the Retro soaps section on the website.

Rebecca, nope, Alkmaar is still available in NA. In fact NA's selection of soaps looks a heck of a lot better than the UK's. Of course, just as I move away NA is better than the UK. :roll:

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
Amrunelen
Posted: Tue 13 Jan , 2009 9:02 pm
wencherific

That's odd. I could've sworn I saw it jsut the other day myself, but it indeed wasn't there when I just looked....NA or UK.

Has anyone tried Quinquereme of Nineveh? (probably spelled wrong :P) That's one of the retor things I really wanted to try but I never do mail order LUSH.

I tried the christmas cake soap last night. Smells nice. The amount of lather or lack there of didn't bother me. But the color is slightly...odd. :Q

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Posted: Tue 13 Jan , 2009 9:07 pm

Amrunelen wrote:
Has anyone tried Quinquereme of Nineveh? (probably spelled wrong :P) That's one of the retor things I really wanted to try but I never do mail order LUSH.
I had a really little piece of it that someone gave me and I thought it smelled really boring. I never tried it though because I'm weird like that. :P

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Berhael
Posted: Tue 13 Jan , 2009 9:31 pm
Milk and kisses

17 Cherry Tree Lane is available in the printed version of the Lush Times, Eru. :) It's £2.69 for 100g. You'll have to call Mail Order (or pick up a Lush Times at a shop and send the order form by mail).

I love Quinquireme of Nineveh! It smells gloriously of coconut, not coconut and something else like I Should Coco. :)

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
theduffster
Posted: Tue 13 Jan , 2009 10:08 pm
Damn those Amish!!

I just got what will be my last Lush order for a very looong time. I have spent so much on Lush lately, I can't be buying more. :help: :oops:

I took advantage of the after-Christmas sale, and bought 2 Humangos, and got 2 free. :love: I also got 5 Chocolate Santas, and 3 Mr. Butterballs, so I got 5 and 3 more free. Those will be Christmas gifts next year. (I have never had a problem using "old" bombs, and the people I give them to wouldn't know an old bomb from a fresh one anyhow!!)

I also got 2 White Christmas boxes and got 2 free. They have a Snowcake soap, and a Snow Showers jelly inside. I'll also end up giving them away. :halo:

I can't wait to try the Humangos!! Those are for me. :banana:

[ img ]

Gob: Return from whence you came!!

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Posted: Tue 13 Jan , 2009 11:08 pm

Don't forget to tell them what you bought from ebay.....

:blackeye:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Amrunelen
Posted: Tue 13 Jan , 2009 11:42 pm
wencherific

*waits in anticipation*

:P

I have found that some things do indeed seem to smell better once actually in the shower/water. I thought yummy yummy yummy smelled nice enough in the bottle, though not very strong. But when I actually had it in the shower...mmmmmm. :love:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 82 of 86  [ 1717 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 180 81 82 83 8486 »
Jump to: