True.

71% [ 5 ]
Total votes: 7
vison
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 5:54 am
Best friends forever

:love: *E*

I thought John Travolta was wonderful, fabulous, great, spectacular in Hairspray. Truly. A weird man? So I hear. But a good actor, at times.

And you children are far, far, far, far too young to remember the opening sequence of Saturday Night Fever. :Q :love: :devil: :love: :devil:

I'm not. :cool:

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
Anthriel
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 12:16 pm
Seeking my nitid muliebrity

I've always liked Christopher Walken. He is actually a dancer... I saw a commercial he had shot just recently that he is MARVELOUS in. I mean, the guy's not young. And he was hoofin' it. Were we talking about banning Christopher Walken? 'Cause that would be a BAD idea. Walken good. Yes.

And I like Josh Groban. So sue me. NO banning Josh.

I like Dawn, too. :love:

What would I ban? Several types of insects, actually. Ticks, fleas, chiggers, deer flies, mosquitoes, etc. What's the deal with those things? I came back from Georgia this time with about 30 bug bites. They itched for days. I mean, take your blood if you have to, but do you have to inject something that itches for DAYS? Nope, you're banned. That's over the line.

And Ang honey, "bass" is a fish. You need a little flat boat, and a funny hat, and a lot of beer to go bass fishing, but I hear it's fun. :)

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 12:59 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Anthriel wrote:
I've always liked Christopher Walken. He is actually a dancer... I saw a commercial he had shot just recently that he is MARVELOUS in. I mean, the guy's not young. And he was hoofin' it.
Did you see the music video I linked to? Much longer than a commercial. :P

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 3:02 pm

vison wrote:
Now, as to the topic: :rage: I vote we ban Starbuck's, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, Whitney Huston, Michael Jackson (only, he's banned himself), the NFL, hockey in cities south of New York, the designated hitter, wide-leg jeans, non-cowboys wearing cowboy hats, yappy little dogs, Muzak, telephone solicitors, most network TV, Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban, Jimi Hendrix, McDonald's and Wendy's (but not A &W), snotty sales clerks, snotty waiters (and I include women waiters, why is "waiter" a masculine term?), sparkly jewelry on men, false or long nails on women, most perfumes . . . :rage:

Now, vison, while I'm not quite as enthusiastic about taking action against these, I would mostly not oppose it. But I must contest some:

- Ban Mr. Jackson if you must, but I needed to make sure his pre-90s music does NOT get banned with him
- Cowboy hats are hot. I care not if the man wearing it has ever seen a cow.
- Jimi Hendrix?? :nono: :nono: :nono:
- NFL!?? Why would you want to ban the world's most entertaining sport???
- We briefly had a minor league hockey team here in Orlando. I'd never paid attention to hockey before but I won some free tickets to a game and had a total blast. More hockey, please! (It has since been replaced by infinitely duller soccer. :nono: :nono: )

Profile Quote
vison
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 3:33 pm
Best friends forever

yovargas: :Wooper:

:hug:

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 3:37 pm

:D

:love:

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 3:46 pm
A song outlasts a dynasty.

Ban banning.

Sleep is a death; Oh, make me try by sleeping what it is to die.

Profile Quote
Angbasdil
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 3:54 pm
The man, the myth, the monkey

Country music singer Travis Tritt was once asked why, unlike most country singers, he never wore a cowboy hat. He replied that you shouldn't wear a cowboy hat unless you actually ride a horse. Truer words have seldom been spoken.

The NFL rocks!

And yes, "bass" is a fish. They have lovely singing voices, which is why everyone turns them up so loud when they're listening to them.
Duh :roll: I don't know why you felt a need to point that out.

Everybody should watch the Fatboy Slim video *E* linked to - it kicks butt.

Josh Groban is way too over the top.

Oh, and Anthy, you know the best way to prevent infections from biting insects?
Don't bite any. ;)

Profile Quote
Angbasdil
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 3:55 pm
The man, the myth, the monkey

Crucifer wrote:
Ban banning.
Someone should start a poll about that.

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 4:03 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

I also like Andrea Boccelli (sp?), so I'd hate to see him banned.

Christopher Walken rocks. The Cowbell skit is one of my all-time favorites.

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Anthriel
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 4:39 pm
Seeking my nitid muliebrity

Ang wrote:
And yes, "bass" is a fish. They have lovely singing voices, which is why everyone turns them up so loud when they're listening to them.
Duh :roll: I don't know why you felt a need to point that out.
Don't you "duh" ME, mister. And pop them rolling eyes right back in yore haid. SOMEbody's got to school you up 'bout such things. Although I didn't know, myself, about the singing voices on these fish. The things you learn on a messageboard!

:P

*E*, I didn't see the link! I'll look around a bit this afternoon-- I'm at work and shouldn't be online at all!

Profile Quote
vison
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 5:02 pm
Best friends forever

Anthriel, I'm reading Gone With the Wind right now. Why do I get that deja vu thingamabob happenin' when I read your posts, or, vice versa, when I read GWTW, why do I hear you?

Eh?

Honey, y'all gonna wear me out, iffen y'all keep bein' so cute an' all. :D

I say: BAN CUTE!!!!!!!

Well, no, I don't, actually. :Q :Q :Q

Cuz like 5 seconds ago Mahdoo came cavorting into this room tossing a mostly-dead mouse in the air whilst at the same time, um, cavorting. :Q

Durn cat. :rage:

I gotta get up and put him and his prey outside. :rage:

But he's so cute!! Making these little growling noises an' all.

Profile Quote
tinwe
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 5:05 pm
Waiting for winter

Anthriel wrote:

What would I ban?... Ticks,...
Ticks! Oh my god. Oh my holy freakin' god, I hate ticks with a venomous, loathsome hate. Hate, hate, hate the damned things. Once, when I was little kid I got into a nest of ticks (and I didn't even know they grew in nests), but the damned things got all over me. My parents spent hours pulling them off. They even got inside my ears. I've had nightmares about them ever since. Nothing freaks me out as much as ticks. Nothing. Not snakes, not spiders, not the insides of body parts (well, anything having to do with eyeballs freaks me out, but that doesn't mean I want to ban them). But ticks? I would gladly ban every last one to extinction, in a heart beat. I'd be like that omnipotent guy in Star Trek Next Gen who killed the Husnock. Remember him? "I killed them. I killed all of them. All of the Husnock, everywhere!" Except I wouldn't feel guilty about it. Not one bit. I hate ticks.

[ img ]

I am a child, I'll last a while.
You can't conceive
of the pleasure in my smile.

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 5:30 pm
pixel-pusher

I want to ban uncertainty, and

gross old men. :Q

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 5:49 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Tell us how you really feel about ticks, tinwe.

:Q

(But, holy heck, I'd be terrified of them, too, if I'd gotten into a nest of them. YUCK!!!!)

One time I went scouting with Freddy out in the middle of nowhere. We decided to cut through this field. That's when we saw them. Ticks crawling on us everywhere. <shudder>

I mean, ticks are just glorified spiders, really, and I'm afraid of spiders. We started flicking them off of each other, running as fast as we could toward the parking area and our truck. By the time we got there, we were basically naked.

Can you believe that neither of us actually had any embed themselves? We were properly outfitted for being out in nature (tight pant legs, high boots, tick repellant--which obviously didn't work, etc.). ICK!!!! I still cringe whenever I think about that.

Chiggers are baby mites, which are tick relatives. So you see? We could ban the whole lot (except spiders--we need them).

Gross old men are icky, Jonny.

vison, :D [ img ]

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 6:04 pm
pixel-pusher

Quote:
Gross old men are icky, Jonny.
and this particular guy, ew oh you have no idea..........:(

He makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

Ticks are horrid!

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
Jude
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 6:10 pm
Aspiring to heresy

Who are you talking about? A customer?

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
vison
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 6:30 pm
Best friends forever

Ticks. :Q

Icks. :puke:

The sheep get a kind of sheep louse, it's called a Ked, and it looks like a crab and it is vile, nasty, loathsome, horrible, sickening, disgusting, and I shudder even thinking about them.

Any critter that wants to live on me?

Extinctify it!!!! Yes, like the Husnock. :rage:

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 6:44 pm
A song outlasts a dynasty.

Can't ban ticks.

Who'd keep the tocks company?

(Ang, your poll is about banning banning threads... Not banning in general...)

Sleep is a death; Oh, make me try by sleeping what it is to die.

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 01 Dec , 2007 7:05 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

Anthriel wrote:
I've always liked Christopher Walken. He is actually a dancer... I saw a commercial he had shot just recently that he is MARVELOUS in. I mean, the guy's not young. And he was hoofin' it. Were we talking about banning Christopher Walken? 'Cause that would be a BAD idea. Walken good. Yes.

And I like Josh Groban. So sue me. NO banning Josh.

I like Dawn, too. :love:

What would I ban? Several types of insects, actually. Ticks, fleas, chiggers, deer flies, mosquitoes, etc. What's the deal with those things? I came back from Georgia this time with about 30 bug bites. They itched for days. I mean, take your blood if you have to, but do you have to inject something that itches for DAYS? Nope, you're banned. That's over the line.

And Ang honey, "bass" is a fish. You need a little flat boat, and a funny hat, and a lot of beer to go bass fishing, but I hear it's fun. :)
As I am sure I have told you before, I spent a fair amount of time in Georgia as a kid. Visiting friends and former neighbors etc.
I was barely a teen back then, but I still remember most of it pretty clearly. I have a lot of good memories of the people and style of life there.
Maybe that is part of the reason I have such an affinity for certain people from a certain neck of the woods.

Anyway one of the not so pleasant memories I have from Geeee-or-ja, came after my last visit there.
The place I was visiting (Jasper County...man Georgia has loads of counties...most in the country) was maybe a half hour or an hour outside of Macon. To this day it barely has over 10,00 people and is quite rural.

I remember taking quite a few strolls into the deep, and I mean deep woods, armed with our bb guns in search of prey. :damnfunny:
The sighting of one king snake was enough to make us turn tail and run.
Anyway from the perspective of a suburban kid from Massachusetts, I may as well have been in deepest darkest Africa.

About 3 weeks after I got back home, I remember bathing in the tub. Probably floating my boats or whatever rather than washing, but I remember feeling a bump on my extreme inner thigh. About a whisker away from the not fully developed family jools.

I'll spare you most of the gory details, but they included a burning hot needle and a rather well fed bloated tick of unusually large proportions.
I won't go into the amount of days it took to insure all of the body parts of said tick were removed, nor the writhing pain. Just be assured I am totally with you on the banning ticks thing.

Mmmmyeah.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 8  [ 146 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »
Jump to: