board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

The Hobbitity Hobbitness.....

Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 73 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Ara-anna
Post subject: The Hobbitity Hobbitness.....
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 4:39 pm
Daydream Believer

God I hope this is true.

http://www.theonering.net/

:pray: :pray: :cheerleader: :thewave: :thumbsup :kiss: :banana: :bow:

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 4:43 pm

*Sigh* :neutral:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 4:43 pm
b77 whipping boy

well, that just made a bad day much worse...

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 4:47 pm
Daydream Believer

er :scratch: why?

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 4:56 pm
Same as it ever was

What on earth would a sequal to "The Hobbit" be about?

If nothing else, at least all of the films would have a certain consistency to them, which would not have been the case if "The Hobbit" was handled without Jackson and Wingnut Films involvement. Why do I get the feeling that this will be a much darker "Hobbit" than the book? I do not even want to picture what they do with Mirkwood or with Smaug. :Q ;)

Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 miles per second, is a cow that has been dropped from a helicopter.

Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

- Dave Barry

Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive...
Supermassive Black Hole.

- Muse

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Riverthalos
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 4:57 pm
bioalchemist

I'm a bit worried about the sequel they're cooking up. What're they going to draw from for that? Loose sketches in the appendices and questionable fan-fic?

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 5:13 pm
Daydream Believer

Oh I think it will be much darker than the book. If it is to keep in line with the other movies it will have to be.

The sequal...I have no idea. Maybe the appendicies of sorts :scratch:

I also wonder who the director will be.

Just to scare Lidless....maybe it will be Lucas, he and PJ are friends.

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 5:22 pm
of Vinyamar

Riverthalos wrote:
I'm a bit worried about the sequel they're cooking up. What're they going to draw from for that? Loose sketches in the appendices and questionable fan-fic?

Well, actually, the rumour based on Pjs comments are that he'd like to flesh out the Hobbit into a two part movie, putting in the White Council stuff, the Attack on Dol Guldor, young Aragorn etc...

That way they get to bring back Christopher Lee as Saruman, Cate Blanchett as Galadriel, Hugo Weaving as Elrond (well, he'd be there anyway). Also, if they do the Aragorn backstory, you have Liv Tyler and possibly a young Denethor and Theoden. Aragorn served as Thorongil with Thengel and Ecthelion during the timeline of The Hobbit (allowing for the compression of timelines).

Both Orlando Bloom and John Rhys Davies could cameo, as Gimli was Gloins son and could appear at the Battle of Five Armies, likewise Legolas as Thranduils son could appear in the Elven Kings Halls and at the Battle.

Andy Serkis could reprise Gollum, as will McKellan. They'll need a young Bilbo, who could concievably age into Ian Holm, much as Ewan McGregor did for Alec Guinness.

No, I haven't been thinking about this much at all....

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 5:29 pm
Daydream Believer

I have various thoughts on who should play Bilbo. Ian is definately too old. Maybe they can make up Elijah to be Bilbo.

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 5:39 pm
b77 whipping boy

Alatar wrote:
Riverthalos wrote:

Well, actually, the rumour based on Pjs comments are that he'd like to flesh out the Hobbit into a two part movie, putting in the White Council stuff, the Attack on Dol Guldor, young Aragorn etc...

That way they get to bring back Christopher Lee as Saruman, Cate Blanchett as Galadriel, Hugo Weaving as Elrond (well, he'd be there anyway). Also, if they do the Aragorn backstory, you have Liv Tyler and possibly a young Denethor and Theoden. Aragorn served as Thorongil with Thengel and Ecthelion during the timeline of The Hobbit (allowing for the compression of timelines).

Both Orlando Bloom and John Rhys Davies could cameo, as Gimli was Gloins son and could appear at the Battle of Five Armies, likewise Legolas as Thranduils son could appear in the Elven Kings Halls and at the Battle.

Andy Serkis could reprise Gollum, as will McKellan. They'll need a young Bilbo, who could concievably age into Ian Holm, much as Ewan McGregor did for Alec Guinness.

No, I haven't been thinking about this much at all....
This sounds SO bad... I don't even know where to start...

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Dave_LF
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 5:45 pm
You are hearing me talk

I said this in the other thread, but I hope they divide things cleanly between a canon movie one and an extrapolated movie two. I don't want to see a mish-mash of both stretched out over two films.

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 5:46 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Well, just got of the phone from my sauce at Newline, who I'm happy to say is now much higher up the corporate ladder.. I can tell you the following:

1 PJ and Bob Shaye have come to an agreement over their royalty battle.

2 PJ and Fran Walsh it seems will have little if no input into this and are just lending their names. The director and the screenwriters have not been chosen. It's possible they might be the scriptwriters or have script supervision, but it's unlikely, albeit possible.

3 No cast/cameo decisions have been made whatsoever, though they expect to be talking to Ian McKellen between now and the end of January.

4 No decision has been made as to the tone of the movie, given how The Hobbit is more 'child-friendly'. The choice of director should be a clue.

5 Neither has any decision been made between 2D and 3D..

6 The entire Hobbit will be contained in the first film. The sequel will tie the end of that movie with the beginning of LOTR.

Now there are certain messageboards that I can't post on, so feel free to quote.

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 5:48 pm
Daydream Believer

Thanks Steve...

Good info.

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 5:53 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Not much info. More of a clarification. It seems the ink wasn't even dry when the press release was made.

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 5:54 pm
Same as it ever was

So it seems Alatar might be correct about the hobbit "sequel" being those bits with the White Council, Dol Guldur, young Aragorn, etc.

Hmmm, interesting.

Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 miles per second, is a cow that has been dropped from a helicopter.

Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

- Dave Barry

Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive...
Supermassive Black Hole.

- Muse

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sunsilver
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 6:14 pm

Dave....DAVE!!!! :LMAO: :damnfunny:

Sorry to pull this off topic, but I just read your sig for the first time, and am ROTFLMAO!!

Um, er, what is 'ganking'?

When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose[/size]

Profile Quote
Dave_LF
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 6:56 pm
You are hearing me talk

:D. It's a World of Warcraft reference, as is the rest of it (the whole thing is my adaptation of a less-PC midget joke). The word supposedly originated on the streets from "gang kill" and made its way into player-vs-player video games for situations where a bunch of players ganged up to kill another, but it has degenerated to where people use it for just about any PvP fight, especially if they're unhappy about the outcome.

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 7:00 pm
pixel-pusher

I'm very very excited, especially about Alatar's guesses. To me, that sounds the opposite of SO bad. :)

Though it's a blow that PJ is just lending his name and nothing else, and surprising. I'd have thought he wouldn't want anyone else working on it but him.

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
Jude
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 7:06 pm
Aspiring to heresy

The Watcher wrote:
What on earth would a sequal(sic) to "The Hobbit" be about?
Well, they could have Bilbo pass on the Ring to his son - no, wait! Make that his nephew! - And then have them find out that the ring has a deep dark secret and decide to get rid of it but make it really really hard to get rid of it - from there the story will just write itself!

Oh, and there should be a fox. You can't have a good story without a fox.

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 7:07 pm
Another bright red day

I had to agree with hal and Nienor on this one. A sequel sounds like all kinds of bad news and honestly I'm not thrilled with the idea of a Hobbit movie in the first place. That's great for you all who have been wanting one -- I just won't be seeing it. I suppose it doesn't really affect me, then, but a sequel just seems wrong.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 73 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: