board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Who will take home Lord Stanley's Cup?

Post Reply   Page 2 of 5  [ 92 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
TWT
Post subject: Re: Who will take home Lord Stanley's Cup?
Posted: Wed 15 Apr , 2009 5:31 am
Wembley bound

Hedman will be great, but I don't think the Isles, or any team really can pass up John Tavares.

Son congrats on the #1 pick. If the Leafs don't get the #1 (which they never do) then I always hope the Western conference gets it so we're not threatened. :P

It has been a while since Sundin was in the playoffs, but I don't think he's forgotten anything. His experience will be invalueble to Vancouver whatever the end result is. Someone like him, or a Doug Weight, Gary Roberts, etc. bring a sort of calm to a younger inexperienced team. Not to say Vancouver has no experience, but they could do with a few more playoff rounds...

Lookin forward to the puck droppin!

Profile Quote
Lurker
Posted: Sun 19 Apr , 2009 3:44 am

AHHHHH...The freakin' Flames lost! :rage:
How can they lose when they were up 2-0 in the first period! :doh1:
To think I'm all dressed up in Maple Leafs gear bound for the Red Mile. :bang: Stupid! Stupid!!!

Caution...You are entering the NO SPIN ZONE.

Profile Quote
vison
Posted: Sun 19 Apr , 2009 3:56 am
Best friends forever

Awww. . . . . that's too bad. :D ;)

Um.

The Canucks are 2/0.

Just sayin'.

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
Lurker
Posted: Sun 19 Apr , 2009 3:58 am

How do you like that Sundin now, eh? :P

Traitor! Traitor!!!

Profile Quote
vison
Posted: Sun 19 Apr , 2009 4:28 am
Best friends forever

Suck it up, buttercup. :cool:

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Sun 19 Apr , 2009 3:17 pm

The Wings looked awesome last night.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
TWT
Posted: Mon 20 Apr , 2009 2:31 am
Wembley bound

Wings always look awesome. Powerhouse is the understatement.

Nucks win another. Good to see them doing well, but sweeping series isn't always good. Sometimes allows for too much rest while the team they end up playing is ready and raring!

I'm happy calgary is losing. I like Chicago. Maybe cause they've got so many kids full of piss and vinegar that they look fresh and exciting.

Profile Quote
Lurker
Posted: Mon 20 Apr , 2009 2:49 am

But...but...I want to party in the Red Mile wearing my Maple Laffs Cujo jersey. :( C'mon one win please...please....please.... :pray:

Profile Quote
vison
Posted: Mon 20 Apr , 2009 5:02 am
Best friends forever

I agree that sweeping a series isn't necessarily a good thing. But if they do, they do.

3/0.

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Tue 21 Apr , 2009 1:23 am
Insolent Pup

I'm not surprised that the Blue Jackets haven't won against the Wings yet. I'm disappointed in the Blues, but not surprised either.

I'm happy at the moment now that the Caps are beating the Rags. All I need is the Rags to go home early in the playoffs.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Lurker
Posted: Tue 21 Apr , 2009 4:30 am

Finally!!!! :banana: :cow:

What a game! What A GAME!!! Lot's of body slamming, face washes, bear hugs and the gloves are coming off, baby!!! :oops: Now that is a hockey game! :blackeye: :P Oh boy, oh boy, can't wait until Wednesday things are really going to heat up. So I'm off to the Red Mile and join the sea of Calgarians in my Laffs jersey. :D Maybe I'll call in sick tomorrow like the rest of the city. :cheers:

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Tue 21 Apr , 2009 6:34 pm

So what happened to this friendly wager? :shrug:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
TWT
Posted: Tue 21 Apr , 2009 8:09 pm
Wembley bound

Well I didn't think Chi City could sweep, but I think they'll still take it.

Washington have an uphill battle but I hope they can do it. Nothing really against the rangers, I just want to see Washington go farther. And nice move by Ovechkin going to watch the Rangers morning skate. Though he was eventually asked to leave. lol

5 games tonight. And wtf is up with San Jose? They've always had playoff problems but this is bad. I wanted to see them go through. I think the Ducks were the worst possible opposition for them. They may have only squeeked in but they have great playoff experience, not only with the guys who won the cup a couple years ago but players like the Niedermayers and Pronger and Selane. There's a lot of years and experence in that bunch. Not to say that the Sharks don't have any, but the Ducks are going to be hard to beat now. I think we might see a conference final between Detroit and Anahiem. That could be very interesting. I think they're the only team in the west that could really challenge the Wings.

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Tue 21 Apr , 2009 11:37 pm
Insolent Pup

I haven't exactly thought about the wager, sorry sf. I went home to visit people over the weekend, and spent no time on the internet, but now that I'm back.... I think from this point forward we all pick our cup winner, and the losers have to either post the cup winner's picture in their sig, or the winner gets an item... like a hat or something from the loser or losers. Once everyone picks their cup hopeful you must put it into your sig, just so it's easy for everyone to see. How does that sound? If you don't want to participate, you don't have to, but you can of course continue posting here.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Lurker
Posted: Thu 23 Apr , 2009 4:48 am

Flames won again! :toast: :drunk: :cow: 6-4!

Profile Quote
TWT
Posted: Thu 23 Apr , 2009 10:48 am
Wembley bound

I'd like to say that Chicago looks to have the quality to go somewhere in the playoffs but I don't think they can go far with their current goaltending situation. Khabibulin is a great goalie and kept them together most of the season but he looks worse for wear in the playoffs. I still think they can take the series though. This might be the only series where home ice could really be the determining factor.

Too bad to see Montreal go out so easily. They have 10 unrestricted free agents and 5 restricted when these playoffs conclude. Will be interesting to see what they do. It looks like they might clean house. Some think that they're preparing for that long rumored Lecavalier bid. I just wonder if it will be Gainy still calling the shots. While I don't think his job is necessarily in jeopardy, I think it would be foolish not to consider his situation if I were the management. Then again, the Management could be up in the air because of all the bidding going on with the team.

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Thu 23 Apr , 2009 9:10 pm

sounds good TED....... if you just talk me through how to do those pics ..... just in case the Wings do not win.

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Posted: Thu 23 Apr , 2009 9:35 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

I gave up on the Bruins 15 or 20 years ago, because I could no longer stand Harry Sinden or the Jacobs Brothers and their cheap ways.

In some ways I would like to see the Bruins regain their 60's and 70's form, but I just can't seem to get behind the team with the Jacobs still around.

Certainly I am happy to see them sweep the vaunted Canadiens, but a part of me still wants them to go down in flames.

I haven't stepped foot in any of their arenas since Terry O'Reily played and I don't see that changing either.

Having said that, I wouldn't discount the B's from going really deep into these playoffs. If for no other reason than to spite my hate of what they have become.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vison
Posted: Thu 23 Apr , 2009 10:39 pm
Best friends forever

Holbytla wrote:
I gave up on the Bruins 15 or 20 years ago, because I could no longer stand Harry Sinden or the Jacobs Brothers and their cheap ways.

In some ways I would like to see the Bruins regain their 60's and 70's form, but I just can't seem to get behind the team with the Jacobs still around.

Certainly I am happy to see them sweep the vaunted Canadiens, but a part of me still wants them to go down in flames.

I haven't stepped foot in any of their arenas since Terry O'Reily played and I don't see that changing either.

Having said that, I wouldn't discount the B's from going really deep into these playoffs. If for no other reason than to spite my hate of what they have become.

Les Habs are not the team they were once. The glory days are over. Now there's even talk of selling the team!!!!!!!!! The Canadiens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bawl: The greatest hockey team that ever was. I don't know what the world is coming to.

But the Canucks are looking good. :D

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Posted: Thu 23 Apr , 2009 10:46 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

No they aren't the same, but it still counts. There are angry people in Montreal right now. :Wooper:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 5  [ 92 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Jump to: