board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

April is THE CATS HAVE GONE MAD month.

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 47 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
Riverthalos
Post subject: Re: April is THE CATS HAVE GONE MAD month.
Posted: Wed 29 Apr , 2009 3:33 am
bioalchemist

He's an Abysinnian. Smart, extroverted, and willful, if he had opposable thumbs he would take over the world. Or maybe just steal my car. :roll:

ETA: S just told me a funny Uske story. S was cooking himself some fish. Uske likes fish. Uske started making moves on S's meal. Like most cat owners, S and I keep a spray bottle handy for disciplining Uske. Uske is quite familiar with this spray bottle and sometimes all we need to do to dissuade him from something is show it to him. He's promptly back off. And sometimes, there's no dissuading him. This time, S showed Uske the spray bottle and Uske closed his eyes and tilted his ears back, bracing himself. And then S relaxed and went on with his meal prep the cat relaxed and went on with his watching. When Uske thought he saw an oppurtune moment, he again tried for the fish...and met the spray bottle. Once again, he closed his eyes and flattened his ears, ready to get wet.

This standoff continued until S took pity and gave him some bacon.

I am not impressed with S's cat disciplining techniques. And I am deeply worried about a cat who's choosing to get soaking wet on the off chance he'll still get some fish.

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Wed 29 Apr , 2009 2:22 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

:damnfunny: You guys have yourself quite the cat there!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Wed 29 Apr , 2009 9:54 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Our cats are the same way with the spray bottle. I just have to take it out and give it a little shake and they squint their eyes and flatten their ears and duck down a bit...and look really pissed off. :P A few more shakes will send them running away usually.

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Posted: Wed 29 Apr , 2009 10:00 pm

You're all lucky... :D

My cat never was afraid of the spray bottle. Or water, really. She'll try to climb onto Mom or I while we're in the bathtub.

We never really figured out how to discipline her. :roll: She's a spoiled thing. She doesn't like bread though...she's more of a chip kind of cat. ;)

How strange it is to be anything at all

Profile Quote
Riverthalos
Posted: Wed 29 Apr , 2009 10:17 pm
bioalchemist

Erunáme wrote:
Our cats are the same way with the spray bottle. I just have to take it out and give it a little shake and they squint their eyes and flatten their ears and duck down a bit...and look really pissed off. :P A few more shakes will send them running away usually.
Usually being the operative word...

Dogs are at least sorry they got caught. Cats just frak with you.

I've taken S to task time and again about relenting to the cat's begging. Uske really does meow like he's going to die and S caves every single time (I don't, so the cat just steals from me...and I'm a vegetarian :roll:). S's excuse? He doesn't like torturing small, helpless animals. Okay, he has a point and his love and respect for animals is part of what I love and respect about him, but for pete's sake, there's a line between loving your cat and getting pwned by your cat. This little kitty has tons of toys, eats high quality canned food twice a day, and has two people who love him unconditionally. He even sleeps on our bed. He is most emphatically not going to die, or even suffer, if S doesn't give him a little piece of chicken or pork or fish or whatever else it is he's cooking.

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Thu 30 Apr , 2009 2:19 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Are the two of you planning to have kids? :suspicious: He'd better work on this discipline thing then! ;)

And here is a very unflattering picture of my oldest cat, the one who lost her meow:

Attachments
[ attachment ]
IMG_2935.JPG (244.74 KiB) Viewed 1804 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Thu 30 Apr , 2009 6:00 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

(edited by Ranger as link had turned into offensive banner No suspicion of intent to reassure Eru)

Last edited by ToshoftheWuffingas on Mon 11 May , 2009 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Link had turned into a flashing banner designed to cause offense

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 47 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: