board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Walk for Dog Guides Canada

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Sunsilver
Post subject: Walk for Dog Guides Canada
Posted: Thu 28 May , 2009 3:26 am

As many of you know, I have a severe hearing loss, and have trained my German Shepherd, Ranger Aragorn, (click for photo) to be my assistance dog. He alerts me to things like the alarm clock, smoke alarm and door. I am very fond of animals, and had enough knowledge to train him myself.

Many people who need service dogs don't have this expertise, and must rely on other people to do it for them. In Canada, one of the main organizations is a charity run by the Lion's Club, called Dog Guides Canada This organization received no funding from the government. All funds come from donations.

Ranger and I are taking part in their annual fund-raising walk this coming Sunday. If any of you feel moved to make a donation, you can do so by visiting my homepage: http://www.purinawalkfordogguides.com/p ... fm?ID=4373

And if any of you want to join in the walk [cough] Jude [cough] there's a link on my homepage where you can sign up! Every major city in Canada is hosting a walk next weekend! :D

If you want to know the story of how Ranger came to be my service dog, I have posted it here It's an interesting story that will tug at your heart-strings.

Thank you for your good wishes and support!

When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose[/size]

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject: Re: Walk for Dog Guides Canada
Posted: Thu 28 May , 2009 3:23 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Good luck, Sunny! :toast:

[ img ]

Profile Quote