board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Tech Help With YouTube/Flash Player

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Sunsilver
Post subject: Tech Help With YouTube/Flash Player
Posted: Sat 30 May , 2009 8:55 pm

I am having a very frustrating time playing back youtube videos right now. It takes forever to play. It is constantly stopping and starting. I disabled hardware accelleration, and that helped for the one video, then it went right back to what it had been doing before!

I am on DSL through my phone line, and the speed is around 100 mps. I have Flash Player 10 and IE 7.

Any thoughts on what I can do to remedy the situation?

When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose[/size]

Profile Quote
BrianIsSmilingAtYou
Post subject: Re: Tech Help With YouTube/Flash Player
Posted: Sun 31 May , 2009 4:45 am

Is it happening all the time or only sometimes?

You may get problems like this when the videos are not cached (such as new videos, or rarely viewed videos). Like many internet services, youtube uses distributes servers to cache their most popular content, and not all content is cached.

You may also get this when youtube is doing maintenance (which they usually announce, but not always), since this may mean that some of the servers are offline.

Do the videos stop paying even though they are loading (based on the progression of the red bar) or do they also stop loading?

The latest version of flash for IE is 10.0.22.87
Is that the version you have?

I do not use IE7 and have never installed it because it was incompatible with the SAP client I use for work, so I cannot help you on that end.

However, as a general rule with problems of this type, you may also have problems with you own computers cache/cookies etc, and you may want to clear your local cache, cookies etc.

Several places on the web also state that if you have Google Web Accelerator that this could cause the problem, and that you should get rid of it.

Here's some advice from yahoo answers and other sites on similar questions:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 741AAAxU1t" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

http://duggme.com/2009/05/why-when-watc ... -stopping/" target="_blank" target="_blank

BrianIs :) AtYou

[ img ]

My niece, Humera, under a pumpkin leaf!

Profile Quote
Sunsilver
Post subject: Re: Tech Help With YouTube/Flash Player
Posted: Sun 31 May , 2009 8:09 am

Brian, the video stops loading for a few seconds. If I back up the 'play' indicator, it will play okay until it reaches the end of the red line.

I thought it might be due to high usage, but it's the wee hours of the morning here right now, and it's STILL doing it!

It's not due to an incomplete copy in my cache, either, because the whole video will eventually play.

Edit: Okay, this is RIDICULOUS!! I just did a test to see how long it would take to download a 6 minute long music video. It took...get this...THIRTEEN MINUTES!! :rage: :doh1:

When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose[/size]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “The Turf”
Jump to: