board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

I never liked leather sofas

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Estel
Post subject: I never liked leather sofas
Posted: Wed 07 Oct , 2009 5:10 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

You stick to them in the summer and they're cold in the winter. There's nothing comfortable about them.

But now I understand why a lot of people, especially people with kids, have them

Linky = Ouch!

:Q :Q :Q

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject: Re: I never liked leather sofas
Posted: Wed 07 Oct , 2009 6:13 pm

That never should have been allowed to happen in the first place. :nono:

I've always wondered if cats wouldn't sharpen their claws on leather furniture. We had a fake leather reclining chair once, and they didn't bother that. We have a microfiber couch now, and keep it covered with blankets all the time to keep kitty damage to a minimum. It looks almost new after 5 years... except for the fact that the release cables on the recliners have broken. :roll: It's such a pain to get the feet up on them now that we just leave them sprung up most of the time.

A new couch is somewhere in our future--- but probably not until after our youngest is out of college.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Sat 17 Oct , 2009 3:14 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

We got a new couch couple years ago and it's by far the comfiest yet, in spite of the reasons you gave for leather being problematic. Plus I find you stick to them year round. :P Idk, it just fits right now matter how I lay on it!

But yes, my mom really loves the ease with which she can now remove my artwork. Dang.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Legolas the elf
Posted: Sun 18 Oct , 2009 11:47 pm
Trudging the road of happy destiny...

When you find one used for cheap like I did, and you are poor like I am, sticking to the leather just becomes another part of life...

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “The Turf”
Jump to: