board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Computer help: Installing windows 7 on a PC

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Wilma
Post subject: Computer help: Installing windows 7 on a PC
Posted: Sun 03 Jan , 2010 2:44 pm
Takoyaki is love

I am trying to help my sis, install windows 7 on her new PC. THe program does a scan to see if the computer is ready to accept the installation of Windows 7. For some reason it says it found some kasper key anti virus thing and it can't install windows 7.

Does anyone know what a kasper key anti-virus thing is? I can't find it on the computer, could it be part of the ISP anti virus service my sis has.

Itoshiki Sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Avatar by: sparklessence

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject: Re: Computer help: Installing windows 7 on a PC
Posted: Sun 03 Jan , 2010 2:55 pm
Daydream Believer

Kaspersky is an anti-virus software and could have a firewall up blocking the download. Here's a link to them http://usa.kaspersky.com/support/

But it could also be windows 7 having compatiblity issues with Kaspersky.

If I remember right I had to disable all my anti-virus security software to install windows 7 and then reinstall it after windows 7 was installed. It's been a while but that's what I remember.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject: Re: Computer help: Installing windows 7 on a PC
Posted: Sun 03 Jan , 2010 5:43 pm
Takoyaki is love

I called the isp and they said that it is their anti-virus that is causing the problem and they do not have anything windows 7 compatible. So I have given up on the installation. My sister is not very computer literate and can't risk going without some form of quasi-automatic anti-virus and anti-spyware protection. I have tried other free anti-virus stuff and it's just too complicated for her, at least with the automated stuff I can take a peek at things when I occaisionally visit. *sigh*

Itoshiki Sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Avatar by: sparklessence

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “The Turf”
Jump to: