board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Working in Germany

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
None_Elf_Ear
Post subject: Working in Germany
Posted: Sun 31 Jan , 2010 5:38 pm
HM Indefatigable

I have asked my friends on LiveJournal about this aspect as well, but I'd very much like to hear what you're thinking.

Basically, I'll be finishing my Master's this year in June, and then I was thinking not to waste the time until October, when I might (or not) enroll in a second university (the first one I graduated from in 2008); if I pass my finals I'll be eligible for a Brussels accreditation test, but that will come only in January 2011, so I'll have to pay the second university somehow. The tax is not so high, though.

Anyway, what I'm trying to do is to find a summer job in Germany. Why Germany? Because I'd like for the flame that has once been between your truly and the language spoken in this country to rekindle. I'd love to practise my German, and where else could I do it better but in Germany? Now I'll be available from July to October; I have intermediary knowledge of German; I can fly to Dortmund or Stuttgart quite cheaply from Romania (though I'd rather Dortmund).

The job can be anything as long as it's stable and secure. I have a degree in Art, a BA in Translation Studies (French and German), and by that time I'll hopefully have a MA in Conference Interpreting (EN, FR, IT). I can translate, interpret, work as a journalist, write, read, paint to some degree, teach kids languages, art, or good manners (LOL), work in a supermarket, basically, anything.

So I was just trying to ask if you guys have any ideas/suggestion/information I could use.

Thank you very much!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Areanor
Post subject: Re: Working in Germany
Posted: Sun 28 Feb , 2010 6:44 pm
Sharpe-sighted

Good luck with that - I'll try and look up some links for you.

Maybe you should post in the german thread - someone else might come up with something worthy. (and I know some have the thread notifier on there)

Deutsche Sprach - schwere Sprach

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “The Turf”
Jump to: