board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

The joy of random internet people laughing at you

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject: The joy of random internet people laughing at you
Posted: Thu 18 Mar , 2010 3:01 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

My online home these days seems to be the gossip site Oh No They Didn't. It's pretty big. I think they passed one million comments last year. There's roughly 150 new posts up every day, so it moves quickly. You can't really hope to feel like an individual there unless you've a snappy username or write deliciously evil comments. But it's fun for everybody if you post funny gifs and pictures.

Shockingly, the latter is the only one I can really contribute. I like making people laugh, but it feels ~extra special~ if it's your own joke and not regurgitated from elsewhere. Cue the Sally Field speech. I don't own, or want to get addicted to, any photoshop programs, so there aren't a lot of *E* copyrights out there, basically. Thankfully, generators exist.

Lady GaGa had this big music video premiere last week for a song called "Telephone". It's about her fear of being smothered in a relationship. One of the verses: "Tonight I'm not takin' no calls 'cause I'll be dancing." I'm glad there seem to be lots of Cheers fans at ONTD because I actually got feedback on this:

[ img ]

Tonight I popped by Fuck Yeah! ONTD!, which is for posters to submit whatever random ONTD comment tickled their fancy (a la sites like http://www.textsfromlastnight.com/ and http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/ ). Oh hay, guess who's on the front page? Or if you're reading this a long time from now: hay, look who got submitted. I don't know what tumblr's primary function is (myspace = music, facebook = catching up with old friends, twitter = doesn't matter as long as you keep it short), but whatever "notes" are, that entry has more of them than anything else on the front page. :flowerthrow:

I think it's kewl.

Tell me about times you've found other people posting your "work" online. Or if you've ever been the subject of a meme! Nerdgasms in general, I suppose.

I also saw a Twilight pic I made getting some action, but I won't post it due to spoilers.

:toast: :toast: :toast:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject: Re: The joy of random internet people laughing at you
Posted: Thu 18 Mar , 2010 3:39 am
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

:toast: Yay for you! You crack us up here all the time, so it's about time you recognized by the world in general. ;)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
elfshadow
Posted: Thu 18 Mar , 2010 4:02 am
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

That's so awesome! And the macro is great too. :LMAO: I think you could totally be the next Perez Hilton, only funnier and less bitchy.

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Thu 18 Mar , 2010 9:24 am
Daydream Believer

*E*

I have always found your stuff extremely funny, you always have the best stuff. Most of the time I am just amazed at what you can find and do. So :cheers: :cheers: :banana: :banana:

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
Elian
Posted: Thu 18 Mar , 2010 9:08 pm
Let the dice fly.

I love Cheers, so it gets a thumbs up from me! ;)

Sadly, the only internet fame I have is when you guys put stupid stuff I say in your sigs. :pout:

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
yovargas
Posted: Thu 18 Mar , 2010 9:31 pm

*E* - We knew her before she was famous! :love:

Profile Quote
Rodia
Posted: Fri 19 Mar , 2010 1:40 am

Cuz you're a funny person, *E*. Always have been as far as I know.

:D

I'm afraid I only ever look at ontd when it gets posted on sf_drama....hope I never see you there. :devil:

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “The Turf”
Jump to: