board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Ebooks....suggestions are welcome

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Jaeniver
Post subject: Ebooks....suggestions are welcome
Posted: Wed 27 Apr , 2011 7:10 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

So I love books. The feel and smell of pages and the wrinkles and creases that appear over time.
However it isn't practical to drag a thick novel on and of the subway each day or stuff your travel suitcase full of books and have no more space for clothes when you go on holiday, which is a problem I frequently have.

So me and a friend were out a few days ago and she suddenly took out her new shiny ereader. I love toys and with this toy I can read..I was intruiged to say the least! I got home and blabbed on and on about the wonders of technology ( Ereaders are still a bit of a novelty here I think, I haven't seen them much about) to my wonderful significant other who merely shrugged (he doesn't read much and refuses understand my shrieks of delight when I find some bookmarket or go nuts in the sale section of our bookstore.)

Today I got home and he surprised me with a lovely wrapped present....my very own ereader!!! (More shrieks and yelps of delight commenced)
I am now happily fiddling with it and thrown some books on it so I will be amused on the subway tomorrow. I can't seem to find a very clear website though that gives me access to downloadable English books.

Does anyone here uses ebooks and has a website he/she'd like to share? (free preferably) Lets say...can I get Tolkien on my Ereader? or other good novels of course ;)
Anyone suggestions for this ebook n00b?

I am still in love with paper books though. No fancy Ereader will change that but I can't wait to take this baby on the subway and not get sore shoulder from caring a heavy bag around with me.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject: Re: Ebooks....suggestions are welcome
Posted: Wed 27 Apr , 2011 9:52 pm
of Vinyamar

What's your reader, and what formats can it accept? There's lots of resources for Ebooks but you'll probably need a converter.

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Thu 28 Apr , 2011 1:27 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

I like http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page .

That's the only source I know of (besides my local libraries) for free ebooks.

They are fun, aren't they? :D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Posted: Fri 29 Apr , 2011 6:41 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

It's called BeBook Club. The formats it can handle are pdf and epub.

Thanks Lalaith! I came across that website too after some googling. Pretty extensive

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “The Turf”
Jump to: