board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

OCC - The Seekers *II - Flight from Mithlond (fans welcome)

Post Reply   Page 1 of 10  [ 200 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 510 »
*Alandriel*
Post subject: OCC - The Seekers *II - Flight from Mithlond (fans welcome)
Posted: Sat 04 Dec , 2004 11:08 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Hail and well met :)

Now that preparations have reached a certain point (and today is Friday the 13th, an auspicious day) we can soon
begin to write the story – I’ll open the RP thread in a couple of days!
I hope you are as much looking forward to it as I am.

This OCC is primarily meant as a ‘forum’ for discussion in regard to the RP story (ex TORC) - now moved here to B77;
and also where updated information can be found (within the first two posts).
I beg you not to use this thread for ‘spam’ but keep it focussed on topic as much as possible.
… for the ‘other’ stuff please use IM, email or the Bird & Baby forum or any of the other places we all tend to ‘meet’.

Important note: due to the nature of this story, the number of “main/core” writers must remain relatively limited.
I hope that we can maintain a ‘regular’ cast of up to 10 writers (some of those writers might opt to write multiple
characters as the story necessitates).

The writers list so far:

Alandriel
Aliana
Aglanor
Areanor
Arunakhôr (temporarily out of action)
Braganil (no longer active)
Dindraug
Jaeniver
Kaya
Kalin-el-Dineen
Tibodom Took
PrettyGaladriel (temporarily out of action - being written in)
Tanith (no longer active)

The characters stats & short bio's can be found in the second post on this thread. Map links etc. will also be there.
And – for easy reference, I’ve created our own webpages :D

==============================================================

Okay, down to business Guidelines

1: Everyone is welcome. However, as stated above, the number of "main" characters/writers must remain relatively limited... we can probably maintain (comfortably) a cast of up to 10 writers. (See **IMPORTANT NOTE** above and point 3 below). As the story progresses, there possibly will be opportunities for various characters to ‘come and go’ and should you be interested in a ‘guest appearance’ then please contact me via email

2: If you are interested in joining at some point, please make certain that you read the first and second post in this OCC, and the whole story (as it exists) up to that point. Then please ASK TO JOIN, by posting your interest - here in this thread - it is checked regularly – and/or by contacting me via email alandriel_e-torc@yahoo.co.uk.
You might be asked to post a brief character bio and physical description stats in this thread. Bio's (as relevant to this story) and short physical stats are requested simply for the purpose of helping everyone (posters and readers alike) keep the various participants/characters straight, and to introduce new members to the cast.

3: This Role Play is set in Middle Earth, so we will be trying to keep all action, characters and plot developments within Tolkien’s ‘principles’. This means we stay in character and try to keep things as plausible and realistic as possible in relation to Middle Earth. Our trip will eventually take us way up North, into areas that are not fully mapped by Tolkien. However, I will be bringing in material and background that is based on MERP (Middle Earth role play) thanks to a dear friend who has provided me with this fabulous material. All this material is based entirely on the works of Tolkien and fits like a glove. However, this does not mean we will be running and RPG – this is still a Pony RP and all Pony rules apply (see below). All we will do is incorporate that information into our story to make it a fantastic adventure with depth. Depending on the bio of each character, part of that information will be released earlier to some than to others. This is so that the writers of those characters can better equip themselves. Eventually, as the story progresses, this information will become available to all. Why I’m being ‘stingy’ with handing it out I think is clear: if everybody already knows everything then that leaves little room for surprises and plain good old fun
However, this should not give you the impression that all has been planned out. Far from it! I’m relying on each writers input and imagination, but based on what makes sense and what is in the spirit of the story. If in doubt, contact me or any other writer via email or through this OCC.

4: NO NETSPEAK, please. In the spirit of Tolkien, this site and this site's creators, please take the time to write out your posts in full English. Punctuation, spelling and grammar mistakes happen to everyone, so do your best but don’t sweat it too much – there is always the edit button. If you have access to a dictionary or spell checker fine, otherwise, just do the best you can. We also have quite a number of non-native English speakers aboard. If you’re amongst that group do not be discouraged. Help is often only an email away (I certainly am ) Take time composing your posts, re-read them before posting. I would like to see high quality writing that will do the Professor proud.

5: If you are NEW to Role Play, PLEASE READ the following threads. You'll understand once you do. Then, if you think you’re ready to play, have some good ideas/suggestions as how to fit your character in, come on down and ask to join the fun.

And at this point I must express my heart-felt thanks to Scribbles who has allowed me to ‘borrow’ some – well, a lot actually - of the above wording from her Redemption OCC / And also to Areanor, who came up with the name!

Oh! And before I forget it: there is one minimum requirement for joining this RP: a minimum score of 200 at this place. Just kidding of course – but some extra training will come in handy!

=======
OUTLINE
=======

The RP starts at the beginning year 10, 4th age - before King Elessar rides North (that will take place around year13/14)
Many high lords and ladies of Middle Earth have answered a summons to travel to Tor-Ontó, a mysterious place in the North (Timeline-wise that takes part end FA 9 and first days of FA 10). Alandriel, travelling through Bree on her way back to the Old Forest (her ‘base’) witnesses first hand the exodus and begins to wonder. Concern truly sets in once she learns just who is amongst those leaving Middle Earth: too many important names of all races. When she arrives at the Grey Havens just as the first ships are leaving she begins to makes enquires and sends out letters asking for help, for she fears the workings of a great evil.
Hoping that soon her messages will be answered she watches the return of the ships. Seeing the level of merriment bordering on rapturous bliss on the faces of the returnees and the fact that none of the people she talks to is able to give a detailed report of their travel or experience, she has no doubt left that something is terribly amiss. Determined to find out she sends letters asking for aid for. She also talks to the dock master at the Grey Havens that she is interested in commissioning a vessel for she intends to find the mysterious Tor-Ontó and see what ‘evidence’ there is to be found.
Late afternoon, sometime during early Narvinyë (January), she is on her way back to the House of seven Stars, the ‘guest-house’ at which she has taken up residence and which was stated in her messages as a contact point. (For more details, please see opening post, coming soon).

Still round a corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun.

:wink:

Copied over and amended from original OCC thread on TORC

Last edited by *Alandriel* on Sun 12 Dec , 2004 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 04 Dec , 2004 11:13 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

**** MAP LINKS & CHARACTER INFO ****

(this will be updated and expanded as we go along – and you can always check also our pages )

Grey Havens
Map of Grey Havens & environs ; Overall map with isles; Chapter links

~~~ Character listings ~~~

To make cooperation easier amongst the writers, those that have a ‘longer’ history than others, I will list it as far as I know. If you need more information about any one character, I suggest you email the writer for a more detailed bio.

Alandriel: Ranger of Númenorean descent, born TA 2944 (in this RP approx. 88, nicely within the first quarter/third of a Númenorean’s long life-span ), 160cm (5’4”), flaming red hair, blue/grey-green eyes, usually attired in travel garb & cloak; Númenorean short sword (Eket), bows and arrows etc. For more info see her Bio page – oh yes! And I write also for some badies – but I won’t be the only one
>>> link to bio page

Aliana: Aliana: a petite Rohirric woman, about 20 or so. Long, dark brown hair which she typically wears braided to keep it off her round face. Dark grey-blue eyes. Not so much beautiful as just thoughtful and intense-looking. / Ceorth: a tall Rider of around 18. He has light-brown hair but his eyes are the same shade as his sister's. Has an earnest, innocent look and air about him (how could he not? ).
>>> link to bio page - no longer activ

Areanor: 19, born at Minas Tirith, raised at Prince Faramir's court in Ithilien. Her mum is descendant of the Southern Dúnedain, her father is unknown - well, to her at least. She's a message rider for the king since three years and has only recently become a member of the "kingfishers", a group of men and women very loyal to the king, who are going to undertake special ops . She's rather tall (1,75 m / 5ft. 9 inches), dark shoulder long blonde hair with lighter streaks. Green eyes in an oval face. Usually wears a brown leather trouser, soft black riding boots, a white blouse and a vest with the white tree on it. A riding cloak might hide the emblem and the brooch shaped like a kingfisher. A sword, a short bow and a dagger hidden in a sheath on her left wrist should suffice.
>>> link to bio page

Aglanor: Mirkwood elf of over 5000 years, 178cm (5.8ft), auburn hair down to shoulders (one braid in the back and one to the side), light green eyes. He acts as military advisor to King Thranduil. He usually wears comfortable, lightly embroidered silks in tints of red, brown and gold. He has a fur cloak made from a deer’s skin. When he’s travelling or on a military campaign, he wears, more sturdy clothing in tints of green, grey and brown, with the usual elven cloak to provide concealment. To his side hangs his longsword Aigurth, or Icing-Death. He also has a bow, made from Ash.
>>> link to bio page

Arunakhôr: Corsair, male, from Umbar, 183 cm (6ft), appears to be in his thirties; dark, almost black eyes and hair, rat-tails reaching to mid back; tanned; tattoo on right arm saying ‘Devil of the Deep Blue Sea’, has other markings as well as scars yet those are well hidden under clothing. Clothing varies according to journey. Mostly he wears dark, worn leather combined with washed linen and cotton. Soft dark leather boots to mid-calf complete his attire. Many ‘unusual’ details can be found on is attire unfamiliar to people of Middle-Earth since he’s seen many a foreign land. Wears some rare and unusual jewellery yet not fancy: a necklace with a shark-tooth pendant, rings, a bracelet and an earring. Weapons: one curved single-edged sword and daggers. Might carry other weapons hidden on his person. As a sailor he has sailed most of the seas of Arda, always eager to explore unknown lands. He has sailed on many corsair ships as part of the crew, plundering, smuggling and generally leading a lawless life. Currently he is commanding his own vessel, venturing alone.
<<< link to bio page - temporarily absent

Braganil: Braganil "Lytbema", Rohirrim, born TA 2998 TA (33 years in this RP); About 6'2" (c186cm), blond wavy hair to shoulder worn in typical Rohirrim fashion: open, with a few braids adorning his temples. Eyes blue-grey; Clothes: Usually wears dark brown boots, brown leather pants bound together by leather strings along the sides, beige shirt with neck strings, leather vambraces with a jumping horse burned into the leather, and a dark-green wool cloak. In battle he also wears a mail shirt under a patted leather vest for protection. Relocated to Minas Tirith in 3008 with his family but moved back to the Westfold in c3010. He succeeded and was granted the full privileges of those riding under the King's banner, gradually proving himself to be a capable and cunning warrior
>>> link to bio page --> no longer activ

Dindraug: Avari elf male, 7000+ years (born prior to death of the two trees), 5’8”(c165cm) / Hair: Long, strawberry blond, almost ginger in the summer. Eyes: They change colour, no really. The pupil is surrounded by a ring of gold, and gold flecks striate the iris, but the rest of the iris is a blend of blue grey, hazel, green and brown so that they change colour in the light, or reflect the eyes of anybody looking deeply into them. Occupation: Wanderer, storyteller, mercenary scout Weapons: A 2' long single-edged knife, forged in Doriath, Short bow of Mallorn wood, a Númenorean Eket, two short single-edged knives in his boots. Din, due to his age, has a rather long background
>>> link to bio page

Jaeniver: Nandor elf, female, born S.A 1510 in the Vale of the Anduin. 172cm/5’6”; Dark brown hair, bound back on travels. Dark blue eyes. She looks slim and fragile. Clothes: She usually wears plain dresses or travellers gear (depends on the journey to determine the luxury of those clothes). Skills: she’s negotiator and on occasion ambassador. Weapons: well practised in the long bow and sword (but due to personal reasons she’s reluctant to pick up a sword).
In 1603 S.A, the settlement of lord Thorandil (Jae’s father) was overrun by evil creatures sent by Sauron. Those who repelled were killed; the others (also Jae) were taken to Mordor and enslaved by Sauron. S.A 3441 –Sauron’s defeated by the Last Alliance. The remaining Nandor flee from Middle Earth to the West. When Sauron finally got defeated in 3441 S.A those who had not caved in surrendering to Sauron’s will fled to the undying lands for they feared the Free People of Middle Earth wanted revenge.There Jaeniver and her family settled down and a new life began. Jaeniver, who nearly lost her sanity over the memories, ordered that no one would speak her name out loud. She was then given the name Ëlindi. Slowly the pain eased yet scars remained. T.A 1030- Jaeniver’s return to Middle Earth, crossing Arnor (Fornost) on her way to Rivendell. T.A 1050- granted residency in Rivendell. Beginning of Jae’s studies. T.A 2030- Negotiator of Rivendell. She remains in close distance to Rivendell, riding to the aid of Elves only. T.A 2969-Jaeniver now also rides to council other Free People of Middle Earth when requested and is given the title ambassador of Rivendell with lord Elrond’s consent. Stays at Rivendell throughout the War of the Ring.
>>> link to bio page

Kalin el Dineen: ; Corsair, male, half Haradrim, half…Gondorian slave; Age: 30 ish, possibly :wink: ; Height: 5’ 9”; Hair: None, bald as a coot, but busy eyebrows; Eyes: Black, dark, deepest with brown irises and heavy eye lashes. Sailor, captain, trader, smuggler, pirate
Weapons: A cutlass of finest Númenorean steel, a short recurved bow and two short single-edged knives in his boots.
Personality: Dark, mysterious a man with stories behind him, but charming all the same. A cad, a vagabond, he would sell you his own mother, if he had not done so already. Dress: A white shirt of silk, often open to the waist, red pantaloons, belted by a silk sash, and a great cloak of grey wool. In bad weather at sea he has a leather coat, and matching leather pants, but he does not wear them in storms, only in the cold. He has boots when he needs to wear them, but prefers to go barefoot.
>>> link to bio page

Maelgwn: male, Half Númenórean, Half Elven; age: 62; height: 6’2”; Hair: shoulder length, dark brown and fine.
Eyes: golden-brown and soft and gentle even after a decade on the roads, they left him an air of youthful joie de vivre that was perhaps surprising in one who made a business out of danger.
Clothing: In the wild; greys and greens and soft earthy browns. In polite company he wears a lightweight dove-grey wool, trimmed about the collar with a simply embroidered panel of faintly lighter fabric. He didn’t present himself overly richly and even thus retained the ability to blend effortlessly into the background and remain an observer rather than observed.
Personality: Gentle and courteous and maybe a little flirtatious, he has assumed many of the graceful mannerisms of his mothers’ people. He takes honour and service extremely seriously. Yet underneath he is driven by the pride and ambition of his Númenorean blood.
Weapons: Bow and long knife
>>> link to bio page

PrettyGaladriel: Legyviel, elf, female; born near the beginning of the second age. Her mother was from Lothlorien and one of the Noldor, very loyal to Galadriel. Her father was a silvan elf from Mirkwood, kinsman of Tharanduil. Spent her time up the 3rd in Forochel. There she was adopted by the shaman, Narmir, her own parents having long gone over the sea. He taught her all he knew of the magic arts, and she learnt more besides....she left in the 456th year of the 4th age, leaving her foster father (who was near death) behind along with everyone she loved to venture back into the west of ME.
>>> link to bio page

Tanith : Human, female; trace of elvish bloodlines in her ancestry (Sindarin). Neutral in alliance (cannot be construed as completely 'good' or 'evil'.) Age: 20 years Appearance: Tanith is tall (5" , lean muscled and athletic in stature. Fleet-footed and agile, her body is slim and taut; inexplicably honed by her physical prowess in the stealth-arts. Her hair is thick and predominantly a dark aspen-brown laced with lighter hues. She has tan skin, contrasting with eyes of a fire-light bronze, subtly slanted and vehemently alert.
"...a face that could never be classically beautiful, nor idly ‘pretty’ in any sense of the word. Yet, something in the unbound magnetism of her presence, the untameable guile of her features, had always ensured her a captivation that was as unprovoked as it was absolute..." (previous RP)
Most commonly clothed in a flexible, light-weight shift that allows for flexibility of movement - hair bound back in any manner that will not hinder her.
Markings: Silver fleck in eye; An intricate elvish design is tattooed in the centre of her lower back, symbolic of 'freedom'.
Possessions/Weapons: At most – a series of light-weight throwing-knifes, and a small, blue-tinted blade concealed at her right thigh. She holds minimal weaponry and possessions, preferring to rely on her superior abilities rather than the unnecessary weight of material belongings.
Skills: Unmatched talent in stealth and physical agility, also displays skill with a short blade. Acutely nimble of both mind and body, she excels as a prime advocate in any occupation of the stealth-arts, but avoids full-combat confrontations as this is not her strength.
Personality: Tanith exudes a sense of the eternally untameable. Her unstable childhood after the disappearance of her assassin father and death of her mother has instilled in her a deep-seated independence and keen wariness of others. Although seldom allowing herself to entirely trust another, she is an unmatched judge of character and is often inherently difficult to fool. Keeping her thoughts and emotions well guarded beneath a stony exterior, it takes a strong bond to know Tanith in her entirety.
>>> link to bio page --> no longer activ

Tibodom Took: male Hobbit; age 25; 104cm (3.4ft), brown yes, light brown curly hair; accompanied by a mule name Lutz. Usually clad in green and brown, with trousers and a sweater. Tibodom does not own a single piece of formal clothing. Drinks ale at an amazing speed, snores, smokes and loves to eat; a delightful companion always well humoured, a good cook, a faithful and generous friend.
>>> link to bio page

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 04 Dec , 2004 11:18 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Hello friends to our new abode :mrgreen:

I'm also going to open the IC thread in here in just a second so that we can begin 'moving'. The way we'll achieve that is primarily through Dindraug and me shifting things one by one ....

.... but first we'll get that multiple ID question out of the way :wink:

So, with a bit of patience it should all be rolling within a week. I hope you're as happy and excited as I am

Cheerleader

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 04 Dec , 2004 11:24 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

will try again ;)

and yessss i'm excided. maybe a new place will lure my muse out.
Thanks for doing so much by the way :)

*rolls up sleeves* now where is that dusty muse when you need her?

:mrgreen:

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 04 Dec , 2004 11:25 pm

The board is set, the pieces will be moving very soon again. :mrgreen:

And I'll be looking forward to a time when I can get my muse back into the action. ;)

:banana: Cheerleader

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 05 Dec , 2004 8:25 pm
Per aspera ad astra

I hope soon, Kaya, I hope soon.....

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 09 Dec , 2004 9:20 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

The move is complete :mrgreen:

I'm waiting for Dindraug to do a final post in Seekers on TORC before I ask to have it shut down. For your information: I will contact Daefaroth personally about that. Please do no further postings over at TORC, that goes for IC as well as OCC and let's wait to see Kalin's or Dindraugs next post in here before we all go a-plotting and scribbling again.

To a bright future!!!

And a huge THANK YOU for pulling along with all of this
:grouphug: I love you all to bitts and pieces :mrgreen:

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 09 Dec , 2004 9:24 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

To a bright future in the cold waters of the North....

:cheers

It feel good to have this here, really it does! :mrgreen:

Cheerleader

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 09 Dec , 2004 9:47 pm
Tricksy Elf!

I just posted this on TORC, and so endeth Seekers there.
Quote:
“So what is it you have to tell us Dindraug? What is your secret?”

The Avari looked at Alandriel, and the pendant that she held. The truth was in there; the long dark journey that was to be their reward. He could se the light depicted, feel the flash of emotion it always provoked.

“Before I tell you, Ranger, I think I had better close the window. There are people who could hear who I would not trust. Not everybody is your friend”

He leaned over to the ornate framed glass, the scrolling worked in intricate gold which was chipped and faded beneath his fingertips. He marvelled for a second, that something so new and young should tarnish in this way, lashed by unkind and unthinking elements. Like all works of the hand it was mortal, and would fade, and be forgotten in time. But under the gilt, the wood was rotten and would not sustain them.

Smiling, he closed the window. ‘It need not sustain them for long’ he thought.

The Ship sailed out into the Gulf of Lune, the storm of last night had left the sea choppy but she swept out towards the ocean. At her stern, the proud Corsair laughed at the threat of the weather, as crewmen and hobbits leapt to tasks and schools of dolphins passed round and under her hull.

And she passed into memory, amidst a skein of geese that flew out to the far northern isles until those who stood on the shore could see them no more.

Behind him, Círdan could smell the fire. He did not look; it was the end of a great history of his last city in Middle Earth. Instead he watched the ship until it passed beyond the horizon and was lost.

He felt his age today, he was now truly alone. The eldest of his people in Arda and now the last to sail to the west, or to find Mandos in his great halls. He sighed deeply and smelt the air. The city was burning now. The Inn that had been the home of Dindraug had fallen into flame, the old beams that had held it together fell crashing into ash, sending plumes spiralling upward. The mysteries left behind in the Elf city, they were gone now. They would never be explored.

“My lord, we should go now” said Egladil, his aide for many ages of men. “The Avari is gone; he will not be back, nor his companions. It is time we left too.”

Círdan nodded, and turned to head down to the Swan ship in the harbour, leaving the crumbling ruins behind.
I was going to add a bit on the end, but it was cut so consider this the EE

:LMAO:
Quote:
Tûgrîn slouched on the pier, watching the distant point where her myopic squint had lost the ship. She glanced down at the misshapen form that clutched to her leg, its eyes vacant of thought but burning with desire.

“So, they are gone. We have driven them off at least” she lisped, the guttural accent of Angmar harsh in the morning light. “And we have the city to play in, it will be ours, and beautiful for us.”

“A garden, a paradise.” Hissed her companion, his own accent as confused as his morals.

They squinted at the sea, watching for a sign that the ship may just turn round, as the scent of smoke drew ever closer. What their last words were, nobody cared, and there was nobody to see except the carrion birds that would peck at their bones.

But a story amongst the crebain told that she was singing as the burning wood fell into the gulf.

Tûgrîn; Fatlady.
Well I had to burn the city down :P, but this did not happen in the real Seekers........ :mrgreen:

I will write a proper one for Seekers here in the next few days, so for Din, Alandriel and Maelgwn there will be fun in the cabin.

For the rest of you, well see what happens. You never know what we could find floating in the water :Q :mrgreen:

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 09 Dec , 2004 10:16 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

I absolutely love the EE

(smooches) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

email to Toothy is sent, and you all got copies just in case :wink:

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 09 Dec , 2004 10:36 pm
Per aspera ad astra

Let the wind blow and set us off!

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Areanor
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 10 Dec , 2004 4:05 am
Sharpe-sighted

Great EE, Din.. :mrgreen:

I already wondered what will be floating in the water.

The reason I mentioned hidden passengers in the freight room (over at TheOtherRealmCursed :wink: ) was that I remember some people who wanted to write with us in the beginning of the thread - Titch was one of them. As we lost some Rohirrim along the road, maybe this is the time to get new blood?

Castaways on a raft sound good to me too... :P

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 10 Dec , 2004 4:13 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

ohhh nice cast away idea Areanor :D

and fab post Din ;) especially the EE : :mrgreen:

and yes i echo may. let us move forwards and let wind catch sail.

or what ever they used to phrase to, woo hoo we're off! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 13 Dec , 2004 7:45 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

Just to let Din know: I've got *the* BOOK :twisted:
:whistle:

Profile Quote
Teherin
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Dec , 2004 11:11 pm
Titch

areanor wrote:
The reason I mentioned hidden passengers in the freight room (over at TheOtherRealmCursed :wink: ) was that I remember some people who wanted to write with us in the beginning of the thread - Titch was one of them. As we lost some Rohirrim along the road, maybe this is the time to get new blood?

Castaways on a raft sound good to me too... :P

:) cue thin people on rafts in rags :D

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Dec , 2004 8:31 am
Tricksy Elf!

I would point out that its winter, your in the middle of the Gulf of Lune, and last night was a fierce storm. I think thin people on rafts would be deaded :Q

Still struggeling with muse, which is why I have not posted.

Errr, new folks in the thread. I am seeing alandriel for lunch today so will bring this up, and how to deal with it as its her thread.

Without being rude though, can we say that any new folks would have to be invited in here first and we will be limiting it. Nothing suspisious, but a lot of work has gone in already and its quite balanced and there are things that would just need to be carefully looked at.

May post more on this subject later, and probably edit all I have written ;)

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Teherin
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Dec , 2004 2:20 pm
Titch

*points finger* CLIQUE CLIQUE !!!!

:twisted:

All I have to do
Is forget I ever loved him ...

Where are you Sirel ...

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Dec , 2004 10:28 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Dindraug wrote:

Errr, new folks in the thread. I am seeing alandriel for lunch today so will bring this up, and how to deal with it as its her thread.
Hmm - I guess we got sidetracked :halo:

But yes - Din is right and please don't take this as being rude or clicky or anything. As much as I'd like to see Teherin join or even some other people, a lot of work has gone into this and it will continue to be so. We have set up (in a way) quite a lot of background info that we'll be bringing into this.... not that I'm saying things are set in stone :wink: But we have a 'general' idea for how things will develop. Any lasting story does need a bit of 'management' after all :wink:

I take it that if you're posting in here you've familiarized yourself with the RP :wink: If that is so,Teherin, and you would like to join then please get in touch with me and Dindraug via email and we'll see what we can do. However, at this very point in time I don't quite see an opening (maybe you do and have suggestions which I'm always willing to consider :) ) - not until we're past our next leg of the journey - Himring. But more than that I can of course not say :wink:

Profile Quote
Areanor
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Dec , 2004 10:38 pm
Sharpe-sighted

Hey, I was only mentioning this in the OOC. And I just stated that there were inquiries at the beginning of "Seekers" when Alandriel said there might be an opening later.... I never said anything about getting anyone in here without approval, did I? And of course it's Alandriels RP, so I assume it works here like it did over there. - people asking in the OOC if they can join.....

just wanted to show an option in general....

And the storm last night might have generated some castaways on a raft :mrgreen:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Dec , 2004 7:39 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

Thanks Areanor :D - and right you were to bring it up. anyone can bring anything they want up in here anytime . Please! We are a democracy after all and you all have a voice.
You can RP plott in here merrily and all sorts of things (just keep spam down :wink: - not that we had any!). Use your good judgement though what you want to say for all to see and what's better over email :wink: You know how it goes! :mrgreen:

And btw - it's your RP as much as it's mine. Actually it's not mine at all, it's rather a 'dense' collaboration between (mostly) Din and me. But anyone and I stress ANYONE has a say in this. I don't mind discussing things over IM, email or whatever :mrgreen:

OH!: and checks it out. Breogan has opened her translation thread in this forum. I'm sure we shall pounce on her before the year is out :mrgreen:

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 10  [ 200 posts ]
Return to “Literary Rambles: There & Back Again...” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 510 »
Jump to: