board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Reunion/Checkmate discussion thread

Post Reply   Page 36 of 41  [ 805 posts ]
Jump to page « 134 35 36 37 3841 »
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 16 Jul , 2008 9:18 am

Well, I just posted. I didn't get as far with the post as I had intented, and have to postpone some of my ideas until the next one.

I haven't heard from LoR for some time. Hope she's alright, and that RL is not bothering her too much.

Approaching novel-length: The Snake's Checkmate

Profile Quote
Estel Dúnadan
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 16 Jul , 2008 12:16 pm
Revenge of the Salmon

You never fail to come up with an unexpected twist, do you? *admiring look* Offering a bounty for Al-Jahmîr!

I have a feeling the children will be very significant later on...

Mai hiruvalye Valimar!

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Jul , 2008 9:16 am

I had to re-register again; every time I go more than a couple of weeks between posts, the darned Board suspends my account.

Anyway, much as I'm enjoying these chapters, I do wish the story could advance at a slightly quicker pace. I know you can't write it all, Khorazir; and LoR writes a great Eowyn, and RL interferes. Still, it's been about two years and I long to see the story start to head towards a conclusion, if only to see AJ get some long overdue comeuppance.

I hope LoR is alright....

RAKSHA :cool: , wanting more

"And it is I, Raksha [the Demon] who answer!"

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Jul , 2008 9:23 am

Raksha The Demon wrote:
had to re-register again; every time I go more than a couple of weeks between posts, the darned Board suspends my account.
That's annoying. I don't have troubles logging in, but I don't get any notification if threads have been updated, despite my setting saying that I should.
Quote:
Still, it's been about two years and I long to see the story start to head towards a conclusion, if only to see AJ get some long overdue comeuppance.
I totally understand your wish. I'd love to spend more time writing, but as you said, RL interferes, and the past months have been very work-intense for me. I expect things to get a little better now. Also, we had spoken about fast-forwarding a little, in order to get to the more interesting events -- and there are several planned, although I fear AJ getting his well-deserved thrashing is going to be a while hence. Still, things should start getting more difficult (nasty ...) for him from now on.
Quote:
I hope LoR is alright....
That I hope, too. I haven't heard from her for about two months, so I don't know if she's just very busy, or if something serious happened.
:confused:

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 11 Aug , 2008 9:32 pm
A maiden young and sad

:Q

This is what happens when the board doesn't send me e-mails that the threads have been updated. :oops:

And RL has been busy and semi-dramatic and all sorts of bothersome. And I've been hitting up the local library pretty hard, getting a lot of reading and DVD-watching in.

And maybe I've been busy writing the ending in my head instead of figuring out how to get from here to there. :oops:

I'll try to come up with something soon. It may not be an ultra-long post of any sort, though. :neutral:

Ithilien, the garden of Gondor now desolate kept still a dishevelled dryad loveliness.

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 12 Aug , 2008 7:54 pm

Hey hey, welcome back :D
Lady_of_Rohan wrote:
This is what happens when the board doesn't send me e-mails that the threads have been updated. :oops:

Today I got one, but that's not normally the case.
Quote:
And RL has been busy and semi-dramatic and all sorts of bothersome.

:( That doesn't sound too nice. Hope things are improving now.
Quote:
And I've been hitting up the local library pretty hard, getting a lot of reading and DVD-watching in.

Well that, on the other hand, does sound nice. ;)
Quote:
And maybe I've been busy writing the ending in my head instead of figuring out how to get from here to there. :oops:

And I thought I was the only one doing that ... :D
Quote:
I'll try to come up with something soon. It may not be an ultra-long post of any sort, though. :neutral:

Cool. I have started on a new post, but it's not far advanced yet (and in fact it hasn't for quite a long time, now that school has started again and there were thunderstorms almost every time I was in the mood or had some time for writing :(). But I at least managed to update the calendar, which I'm going to mail you.

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 19 Aug , 2008 2:00 pm
A maiden young and sad

It's amazing what happens when I play my Gladiator soundtrack CD. I actually get around to writing something instead of just staring at a blank screen! (Of course, there are still moments of staring as I try to figure things out...)

Not finished with the post. Just started. Now to find out what people are going to say in this conversation.

Ithilien, the garden of Gondor now desolate kept still a dishevelled dryad loveliness.

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Aug , 2008 12:48 am

Welcome back, LoR; I'm glad to hear that you're alive and well and busy :cheers: !

Khorazir; thanx for the reviews of my newest ficlets; and I love your Temeraire illustrations! I just read Victory of Eagles and liked it far more than Empire of Ivory.

Hope to see more of the story soon - AJ needs some comeuppance!

RAKSHA :cool:

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 03 Sep , 2008 9:33 pm

Just posted. I only got my part of the story up to the second of Urime, so I thought I should post first. Hope that's ok. Also, I think I'm going to need a longer post for the party preparations :devil: (LoR knows why there's an evil smiley here .... ;))

As for Temeraire, I also prefer Victory of Eagles to Empire of Ivory. Wonder what's going to be next. I'm glad you like my illustrations, Raksha. Not long ago I finished the artwork for book three, and I hope to get permission to post the images from book two on my website soon.

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 07 Sep , 2008 5:10 am

A nice post, though I would not use the word "paranoid" in a fanfiction story set in Fourth Age Middle-Earth. And why do I get the feeling that the party is being set up as a tempting trap to flush out Faramir and his friends?

I do hope to see more of the story unfold soon...

As for what is next for Temeraire, I would think he's going to be munching on kangaroos soon. Can't wait to see your new artwork - did you do a picture with Izkierka?

RAKSHA
:cool:

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 10 Sep , 2008 4:54 pm

Yes, there is one, depicting her hatching.

I'm not happy about the word "paranoid" in this context, either, but couldn't think of a good alternative (not even in German). If you know one, I'll gladly use it.

And yes, the party ... that's going to be great fun (not quite sure for whom, though :devil: ). I don't think setting it up as a trap was AJ's prime motivation, but he'll certainly consider that option. Meaning Faramir & co will need to think of a good plan to attend (and leave again) -- and they're very creative right now. ;)

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject: Re:
Posted: Sat 13 Sep , 2008 3:29 pm

Lady_of_Rohan wrote:
Just in case people missed it, the forum changed servers and had to change names (.net to .org), so the new link to get to the story is here
http://board77.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4287

And I'll be updating on Sunday. Adunakhor is so cute when he's frustrated. Mr. Green
I look forward to encountering him in that state :)

I may have a post ready, too, by tomorrow or the day after, but I'll wait for you to post first.

Thanks for the info about the move. I had of course not heard of it. :oops:

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Post subject: Re: Reunion/Checkmate discussion thread
Posted: Fri 19 Sep , 2008 5:30 am

Shoot! I posted my comment in the wrong thread - in the STORY thread! And I can't delete it! Help! Can someone either move it over here or delete the post?

RAKSHA :bang:

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Posted: Fri 19 Sep , 2008 7:57 am

I think only an admin can delete the post. Perhaps you could simply transfer the text into this thread, into your last post, and delete it in the other thread, so that there's an empty post.

Anyway, thanks for the comment. Yes, poor Adûn. And things are going to get even rougher for him in the future. LoR has hinted already that he's not going to enjoy the party very much, and I have something nice in store for him, too, to happen some time afterwards.

And as for Faramir ... I must admit I fought with myself for some time. I had had this crazy idea, and somehow was unable to get rid of it again, so it stuck. I'm not entirely happy about the Elf-thing, but since they're going to test things out in town before they attend the party perhaps the plan gets modified anyway -- but he's going to wear that dress, and won't look entirely silly, hopefully (there are going to be pics ... :devil: ).

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Posted: Fri 19 Sep , 2008 1:51 pm

Okay, here's the post originally posted on the story thread (which I just managed to delete, not sure how):

Wow - two posts!

I do feel bad for Adunakhor; who is caught between a rock and a hard place; he didn't ask to be AJ's son, and I can understand why he doesn't jump at the chance to betray his father. I still think he's not going to survive this story; but Eowyn's presence in their quarters might insure the survival of Inzilbeth and Dala.

And OhmiGod, Faramir in drag! I don't think it's a good idea for them to present him as an Elf, I think AJ would look twice or more at a supposed Elf, since Elves are connected to the North, to King Elessar, and to Dunedain in general. But think of how humiliated AJ will be, if Faramir pulls off this stunt; eventually it will become known that the Steward was not only a guest at AJ's party, but he dressed as a woman and AJ couldn't recognize him and Faramir managed to speak to Eowyn and make more plans for her eventual escape....

More soon, I hope!

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Posted: Mon 29 Sep , 2008 3:41 pm

I posted two drawings of Faramir in (or mostly in) his new attire in the drawings-section of my website :devil:

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Posted: Mon 29 Sep , 2008 11:02 pm
A maiden young and sad

Izkierka is the best thing ever. Between the voice I hear for her in my head, and the action I see, and just her general little kid/ADHD behavior, she's wonderful. I started reading Empire of Ivory at the bookstore Saturday and got through Part 1. Went back today and skimmed most of Part 2. Plan on returning tomorrow to read Part 3. I'll be glad to get the story back to England, though I'm still a bit worried about Maximus.

Ok, back to Middle-Earth.
Yeah, AJ never really intended the party be a trap for the tarks. It's more a chance for him to show off, schmooze his friends, and generally do some networking. It may cross his mind at some point that the tarks might try to sneak in, but I think he may brush it off as being too insane even for them. And no, Adûn's not going to like the party much after a certain point. He's going to get emo and cranky. I plan to do some serious writing Thursday. Have been busy with work and life and other reading lately. As for Faramir in drag... I do love any idea that torments the poor man. Terrible, I know. :P And now having seen the first fitting picture,that dress really brings out the niceness of his arms and chest. *swoons* And Eowyn looked up from her pedicure and massage long enough to see the final outfit, and she had a nice long laugh over it. :P

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Posted: Mon 29 Sep , 2008 11:35 pm

I have looked and looked, and cannot find (in the drawings and sketches section mostly, but elsewhere on the site too) any drawings of Faramir in drag - Khorazir, could you put up a link? Of course, I'm rather horrified at the thought, but curious nonetheless. I hope that he sees Eowyn at the party and she gets a laugh out of his attire; the poor woman could use some amusement.

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Posted: Mon 29 Sep , 2008 11:48 pm
A maiden young and sad

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Posted: Tue 30 Sep , 2008 12:00 am

In the bath and The Graveyard????

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 36 of 41  [ 805 posts ]
Return to “Literary Rambles: There & Back Again...” | Jump to page « 134 35 36 37 3841 »
Jump to: