board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

NSSA, really, do we need OOC?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 69 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
crystal_seed
Post subject: NSSA, really, do we need OOC?
Posted: Mon 25 Jul , 2005 5:23 pm

NSSA- introduction, for those who don't.. ehem.. 'know' what it is all about... some have been privey to the information, but may have forgotten over the past few... months.

What we are NOT:
*disclaimers*

We are NOT:
the National Security Space Associaton (which, depending on age and time of month and season and yada yada yada.... may not ENTIRELY be true, as airpockets are KNOWN to exist and we the prestigious members are in the think tank at this very moment to procure a bonifide copyright and all rights and legalities included in ownership of marketable 'airspace', teeshirts and advertising rights and privileges once living space becomes so congested people have to start buying our much in demand item. And of course due to rioting for living accomodations, airconditioning and ice cube makers, we of course then would have to include the security branch, allowing no pushing and shoving as it is crowded enough with all the random thoughts running around our heads... BUT ... I digress....)

NOR are we:
the Not So Stubby Area (as we being of Maiar and Elven nature are seemingly rather tall that being 'not so stubby' would sound rather ridiculous and absurd. And of course we are not opposed to any association with 'little folk' and would gladly welcome them into our humble abode, though they be vertically challenged and may dangle on the loo. We will graciously provide stepping stools)

Neither are we:
the Neutron Scattering Society of Arda (for being naturely, we are friends of Neutrons and Protons alike and we are community builders not destroyers, deserters or usurpers.... Curse them.... baaahhrrrrooommm! - sorry, must have been the mushrooms at lunch :oops: )

We ARE and you have Entered: (bet you're glad you finally GOT here, if you managed to stay with us this long.....)

the Nocturnal Sentinels Society Abode*

Pull up a comfy chair :devil:, Grab some popcorn and soda and watch as things unfold...

*(for those of you to whom this sounds vaguely familiar, keep at it, we have faith that you WILL get it, and when you do, join us, you are MOST welcome) :D

Profile Quote
crystal_seed
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 25 Jul , 2005 5:50 pm

Crys came running into the guildhouse, her dress half soaked from the sudden downpour of summer rain. She was hunched over an apron full of fresh blackberries, ones she had begun picking in the last hour of her stroll in the nearby woods. As if it would have mattered, had they got wet from the rain, but being as fastidious as she was, she didn't want her apron to stain too terribly, though now water was running down her arms and sleeves and dripping from her hair. In spite of her best wishes, the lovely starch white apron would meet the fate of some bizarrely gone wrong tie-dye experiment.

Kaya was sitting in the lounge, looked up in amusement at her friend's unusual entrance and appearance, and barely held back a *snerk* but for the glare Cry gave her.

We can have these berries later with some brandy and ice cream. Right now I'm going to brew coffee. The rain brought the cooler weather up the mountain and I am in need of something to warm up before the program begins. Do you want some as well?

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 25 Jul , 2005 7:48 pm

It was quiet in the guild house, as it overall had been for many weeks... months now. The rustling of fabric accompanied by heavy footsteps on the floorboards were the only sounds that disrupted the otherwise tranquil surrounding. And however insignificant those sounds should have been for one of her kin, they increased the state of enervation of the elf curled up on the couch with each passing minute.

Her gaze shifted momentarily from the parchment in front of her towards the origin from where the disruption originated: the downstairs hallway. It seemed no more than a shadow, walking back and forth, back and forth... She knew him, wondered why he didn’t proceed (could find out easily but decided not to – his reasons were his own), knew him well enough to be convinced he would come once he had considered the time to be ripe. For now, he remained a ghost in the background...

Once more the elf tried to focus on the content of the bulky book balancing on her lap, her long pale fingers flicking another page while her green eyes took in the words and maps appearing in front of them.
It was not the only book she had gathered from the many bookshelves that could be found in the house. Many now were spread out around her, on the couch, on the table, on the carpet. Some were still closed, others lay open on pages of various seeming subjects.

The door suddenly was opened and accompanied by a gust of wind a somewhat drowned Crys came hurrying in, her arms carefully cradling an oddly stained apron.
A quickly widening smile marked Kaya’s face but then she smartly focused on her book once more, hiding her now smug grin behind its ancient cover.

“We can have these berries later with some brandy and ice cream...”

Kaya nodded, absent minded for the contents of the newly exposed page caught her attention.

“...Kaya??”

“Yes...” She squeezed her eyes for a moment, trying to remember what Crys had said. “Coffee sounds fine, thank you. How was your walk?”

‘Probably without much action’, the elf mused, trying to answer her own question. Not much happened in these mountains lately. No orc had been spotted since last winter, and given the deserted location of their housing, no thief or other ill-willed figure being in his right mind came this way when the low-lying settlements held much greater yield. Long gone were the days of glory. The days that mattered.

Kaya’s eyes focused on the page in front of her once more before she stretched to place it on the table, then curled up on the couch even more, waiting for that coffee and Crys’ tales.

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 26 Jul , 2005 11:30 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

[ img ]

"Move! Faster!! You sorry excuse of a …..

…. đeor."

Despite his loathing for the creature the young Rohirrim could not quite get himself to call it an assa though it was clear that there was more of that in it than mear.

Not the beast's fault.

None of it was.

It wasn't his fault either.

It all just had …. happened.

Now they were galloping wildly across the plains hoping to reach the foothills before the summer storm front would reach them ….. or worse.

The first raindrops hit hard and fast and within seconds rider and steed were soaked. Soon the track turned into treacherous, slushy mud so much so that riding became impossible. What a sorry figure the usually proud Rohirrim cut as he dragged the creature on yet he was smiling. No one would be mad enough to try and try to track them now and even if they were all trace of their movements would be gone.

As they reached the next rise Eoden swung around in a loop, back-tracked parallel to the way they had come and then turned sharply south again.
Overkill perhaps, but experience of this sort had taught him to be double careful. And careful he had to be, especially now…. Disappear he had to, just for a while, until matters were somewhat forgotten.

That they would not forget entirely of that he was assured. That one other had not forgotten of that he was less certain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Birthday Kaya :D :hug:

Do you have any idea how nice it is to see this up?!?!? :D

Summer is upon me though and so I thought rather to let you 'hang', I'll just have the boy hang around a bit until such a time as I can get back into his muse more fully. I hope you don't mind the interim 'guest-appearance' ;)
Thanks for the card btw you lovely ladies. I got it Friday but only got to read it today.... it's been quite manic. Will be reading up as time allows and perhaps compose a piece or two about the mischief our dear Eoden has gotten himself into this time ~ which just might require some interfearance on behalf of the NGs to save his skin one more time ;)
:grouphug: been missing you guys terribly!

Profile Quote
Bréhon
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 28 Jul , 2005 7:05 pm

7 months, 21 days... Since midnight.

It was this long since Bréhon quietly had closed the door of this house behind him. A bitter cold winter’s night it had been, where he had replaced his warm bed for the cold and dark unknown. A bed he had shared; a mission he would fulfill alone. No one could help him. There was none he would have endured help from. Not from the elf he had left behind, not from his brother whom he trusted with his life. No one.

It had come as a surprise, like a fierce bolt of lightning during a clear day. Éomer King had summoned him and Bréhon had been sure the reason for this had been his sporadic disappearances over the past couple of months. The truth however had been even more as a cold shower.

Never had he expected to have to go back there. Never. Not out of his own free well – certainly not in that case! – and being a Rider stationed in the Westfold, he had felt safe when it came to the terrain of his patrols and missions. Alas...

"Choose a small party," Éomer King had said. "Two, maximum three, should go.”

He had chosen none, even though his first thoughts had been with Eoden. But he could not... Oh, it was not the endless stream of jokes he for sure would have to endure that had kept him from walking straight to his brother. He even knew the smartest move he now could make was doing exactly that.
Yet from the moment Éomer had spoken that one word, Bréhon’s jaw had set and his mind had been made up. And like this, he was as if he were made of rock – nothing or no one could make him change his mind.

He had not told a living soul, and while the days had grown shorter he had become quieter. It had hurt him to look at Jae, to see her radiant smile and the flicker in her eyes. It had stabbed him like a knife that he couldn’t warn her about his leave. That he could not bring himself to tell Eoden about his reasons for wanting to go alone. For if he did that, his reasons would be no more... He still could not face his own past, the coward that he was!

Just as this very moment, where he kept dwelling in the downstairs hallway, where he couldn’t face the dark polished staircase leading to the upper floor. He couldn’t face the sight of the room that had been his, now deserted or occupied by another. He could not face her room, stripped of all her belongings, or so he expected. After all, no one would take satisfaction with a mere note lying on the pillow, some letters scribbled on it as if it had been written by a child:
‘Will be back. Love, B’
Even though the smell of the house still was familiar and his memories of this place were as if he had not been away at all, he was convinced the memories about him by now had fled all these rooms and those who occupied them - once or still...

With a dark glint in his eyes Bréhon suddenly turned heels and fled through the backdoor to quickly cover the distance over the wet grass leading to the stables. He closed the door behind him and for a few moments leaned against it. Then, with slow and long paces he walked over to the box where he had left his horse earlier that day.

The chestnut stallion neighed softly when he recognized his master, and Bréhon gave him a few slices of bread he had pinched from the kitchen. He had taken them for his own use, but right now his stomach would not hold them even though he was hungry.

He had not had any real food since he had stopped in Edoras, to give Éomer an account of his mission, and to drop Berhelf off with one last stern warning. He shook his head while thinking back at the lad’s rashness.

A gentle nudge against his shoulder made him hand the last slice of bread to Nahar. He then entered the box and reached for the saddle that rested on the beam in-between the separate boxes. With his hand on the weathered leather he paused for a long moment, his thoughts scattered. He could go now – should go! He was convinced no one had seen him. Not even that elf seated on the couch who he – at first glance – had thought to be Jae. Yet is had not been Jae, but the elf named Kaya he had encountered for the first time even before he ever had set foot behind the walls of Edoras.

A deep sigh followed and while he stroke his bearded lower jaw a tortured frown marred his brow. Torn he was... would he not better leave, now that it was still possible and before any more hurt would be of his making? Or should he stay?

‘You fool, why have you come?” he questioned himself while slowly sinking down against the inner wall of the box.

+++++

Jae, honey... I'm baaaaaaack =:) (who would have thought?! Not me for sure! :Q )

Ah yes, it's good to see some things still 'are'. ;) :D Except for my english, gosh it all feels rusty! :roll:

What I'd give to remember that heavenly state
Just a moment in time all mine to create.
As I'm taking my last breath I know what I'll see
There'll be green waves forever out there waiting for me.

(Secret Garden ~ Green waves)

Profile Quote
crystal_seed
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 28 Jul , 2005 8:46 pm

Having removed the offended apron and tossing it out back by the wash pantry where she took a pitcher of fresh water, Crys returned to the kitchen to prepare the coffee. She finished grinding the beans just as the water boiled... and adding both to the glass carafe, let it steep for a time to bring out the strong aroma, then she pushed down the metal sieve to separate grounds from coffee. Finding two mugs, she poured for herself and Kaya, put them on a tray along with two dishes of ice cream from the ice box, along with blackberries and fresh whipped cream.
She had noticed, upon entering the kitchen that something was slightly amiss, but being busy with the coffee preparations, didn’t give it much though.

Before she picked up the tray though, she realized what had bothered her... The bread knife was laying beside the box, not in it’s usual wooden holder. She made a mental note to speak to Boris and Bruno about this, knowing that they usually made their little ‚snack raids’ on the kitchen when they were maintaining the grounds. Today she had them inside doing windows and polishing silver, which meant they were nearer to the kitchen, and more likely to have made a visit. Crys had strict rules as far as the kitchen was concerned, and usually they tried to hide their tracks well, if not for trails of crumbs and missing chicken bits and such. It was less like them to make such a blatant error with the cutlery... all the more a ‚grave offense’. No bother if they took food, for they deserved far more for their services to the guild house than the modest income they were given. No, it was more a matter of keeping things in order, and about this Crys was quite adamant.

Picking up the tray, she backed her way through the door leading into the guild dining room which opened into the lounge. She set the tray on the coffee table where it was clear of Kaya’s books and notes. After passing her friend a mug, she sat down on the couch and pulled her knees up to herself, taking a long drink from her own mug, letting the coffee do its work. With a sigh of contentment, she soon forgot about the ‘incident’.

Watching the elf as she set aside her parchment and books and reached for a dish of ice cream, Crys said

'So, have you gotten any farther than when I left you last?'

Profile Quote
peeg
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 30 Jul , 2005 6:37 am
You Tolkien to me?

A giant white eagle soared high overhead, heading into the sunlight and lifted up on the warm thermal currents of the west. She had travelled far and was tired, but the heat of the day was soothing her.

Tired of the cold winter months of the north, for once, of the constant energy and work required to stay alive in the harsh climate. Now she sought something different, some measure of peace. Keen raptor eyes scanned the land below her, but it was some time before she realised where her instincts had taken her without her realising. The eagle angled sharply downwards, landing gracefully on a tree branch heavy enough to suport her weight. Her shape shifted, morphing into a completely different creature......

Legyviel swung her leg over the branch and jumped down gracefully, shaking out her large black cloak as she did so. Her ice blue eyes, not unlike those of the white eagle, scanned the area. This was familiar. Eeerily familair. But it had been so long, she couldn't be sure there would even be anyone here anymore. The guildhouse was standing now, as if it had always been, but the elfess had not forgotten the fire.

And there was someone inside. Through the window, she could see a familiar figure on the comfortable couch.....Kaya. So, it was not abandoned after all. But then again, if Kaya had not beeen here, then who-

Soft words, carried by the wind, reached the elfess's sensitive ears. Eyebrows raised, she moved silently towards the sound, until another familair figure, looking careworn and worried, came into view. Legyviel hovered close to the edge of the trees, keeping to the shade, but she must have made some involuntary sound because the rider suddenly opened his eyes and stared right at her. There was silence as they regarded each other, until it was borken by the peeping of a bird. Bréhon's gaze flickered.

"Legyviel," he acknowledged quietly. The elf inclined her head.

"It has been a while. What are you doing sulking out here like some common intruder, when we both know Kaya would welcome you with open arms?" She asked, getting straight to the point. Bréhon bristled slightly, and a small frown marred his brow.

"That is not your concern...." he said. Legyviel raised a brow, then shrugged and moved away from the cover of the trees, brushing past him as she headed towards the guildhouse.

"Fair enough," she called over her shoulder, wondering about that exchange.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy belated Birthday Kaya!! :D :D Thanks for the heads up.....i'm glad to see the old house again ;)

[ img ]

"You can think and you can fight, but the world's always moving and if you wanna stay ahead you gotta dance"
~Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
SpriteWriter
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 31 Jul , 2005 2:23 am

No post yet unfortunately... the only time my muse felt active was when TORC was down and I couldn't check where I left off.

So, in memory, I have a rather fitting image instead :D

Fate of Sprite's Evil!Laptop EDIT: Link Does Not Work...

I've missed you guys, glad to be back :love:

*Just visited TORC* umm... ummm.... Did anyone save the NG thread? It says that I didn't use a valid url :Q *panics* I can't remember where I left off! :bawl:

Last edited by SpriteWriter on Sun 31 Jul , 2005 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
The Tennis Ball Kid
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 31 Jul , 2005 3:18 am
Seeking Wimbledon

Location: The East of East, Fighting Wild Were-worms in The Last Desert

Quote:

*Just visited TORC* umm... ummm.... Did anyone save the NG thread? It says that I didn't use a valid url
Try changing the url from
viewtopic.php
to
viewtopic2.php
Jonathon had to change it temporarily due to server issues. :)

ttbk

[ img ]

Profile Quote
crystal_seed
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 31 Jul , 2005 4:19 pm

ooc:
SPRITEEEEE!!!!!!! So great to see you again...
(I can't see the fate of your laptop though... it says
'This artwork is currently unpublished' ).... :bawl:
Jump RIGHT in where we are... I believe you were last seen going down to the cellar with your evil laptop :LMAO: but we are fast forwarded, oh yes, don't know if anyone recollects the fire, past history that... okay.. so we go from summers day with rainshowers on.... Come join us when you can... Boris and Bruno want to come out and play (with Figwit again :devil: )

Alandriel: Come on back in when you can. I happen to know a certain elf that would be mighty pleased to see your rider again ;)

Peeg / Legy: Great to see your post up and your feathery presence:D

TTBK- (if I may be so bold as to shorten your rather longish name :D ) welcome :) , and thankyou for the information about the url!

Otherwise, Sprite, I believe Kaya has it saved on her laptop... or I do...uh... somewhere... I think :scratch ............ :help:

Profile Quote
SpriteWriter
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 31 Jul , 2005 10:13 pm

OOC... again :roll:

Firstly Muchos Gracias to TTBK, what you said does indeed work :D (doesn't mean I've gotten the time for a post yet... but maybe later on tonight or in the next few days lol)

And yes, that link isn't working today... it was yesterday but it appears that that gallery has some nasty thing going where they don't like people to link there and you're not allowed to copy pictures blah blah blah (even my history link of yesterday doesn't work any more), so I snitched it and stuck it as my avatar resized since I couldn't figure out another way to put it up :p

I'm not sure I could handle both the Figwit muse and my Sprite muses at the same time... we'll see what happens Crys lol

And just how many years in the future are we? I see the guild house seems to have been rebuilt in that time... Shall we say 5? 6? Almost all traces of fire should be gone in that time...

Profile Quote
crystal_seed
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 31 Jul , 2005 10:56 pm

OOC:

Sprite:
5-6 years sounds good to me, yes, traces of the fire are gone and guildhouse is rebuilt pretty much the same as it was... Elven magic and all , you know *taps finger knowingly aside her nose

And it that a KNIFE running through your computer screen :Q (I am QUITE shocked... but you are an engineerish type, perhaps it is as it should be.....)

About Figwit, well do what you can... the boys may pout though.... :neutral: :( :bawl:

* and yes I did say ASIDE and not INSIDE :suspicious: sheesh! :nono:

Profile Quote
peeg
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 01 Aug , 2005 9:41 am
You Tolkien to me?

OOC:

Sprite.....that picture of the fate of your laptop is possitively disturbing. Very funny, though. And the photoshopping is very cool :D :D ;)

Crys well, what would the.....er...NSSA.....be without my feathery presence? :D And why the change of name? Trying to confuse everyone, or are we going for a fresh start? I dunno about you, but i think maybe some old hands might get confused by the change..... *cough*Jae*cough* :D :D =:)

TTBK, thanks for the url link info :)

[ img ]

"You can think and you can fight, but the world's always moving and if you wanna stay ahead you gotta dance"
~Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
crystal_seed
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 01 Aug , 2005 11:28 am

OOC:
Peeg- the NSSA is what it is... it provokes curiosity, it is a fresh start on a new board (nevermind similar story line, but who knows, new characters may emerge...:cool: )
As for *cough*Jae*cough- she received a heads up like the rest of the old Guard, so I don't think she'll be too confused ;) Besides, RL keeps us all busy every once in a while.

IC: (and with GREAT artistic license because I am jumping time and storyline for a moment :P )

Now then... *Crys wheels in a huge square shaped cake with bright red icing and a white cross in the middle.....

Who's gonna help me celebrate the birthday of our country AND my esteemed self, hhhmmm??? :D

*Suddenly fireworks shoot out from the middle of the cake, (through a secret hidden tube so as not to disturb the cake or the design.. after all, it would be a cruel pity to bring in such a lovely dessert and then splatter all the guest with it for a fire show :Q ) Bursting in the air in reds, blues and greens, flowerettes, trees with sparkley leaves that fall, etc... and Boris and Bruno wheel a fine iron cart out, filled with beverages of all kind, goblets, plates, and silver. They then proceed over to the barbeque pit and continue to turn and baste the roasting mutton, ham and beef. Both make sure that the veggie kabobs don't get too overdone, and that the potatoes in foil roast nicely with their paprika, butter, garlic sauce. Rows of fresh baked whole wheat breads and rolls, fresh cut up fruit platters, and salads of all sorts line a table decorated with fresh cut roses, ivy and carnations.

Please my dear friends, help yourselves... :cheers:

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 01 Aug , 2005 5:02 pm

And another OOC - sorry 'bout that :(

One day of work has passed and I'm already feeling like a wreck again - it's one of those days I fear where I just feel like crawling into a corner and use all the hankies I have in supply. :(
Don't think I'll get a post out until next weekend, for either muse. Please leave my chars alone in the meantime, would be much appreciated. :)

Jae is on holiday and will be back sometime next week - I'm sure she'll manage just fine with the new thread. ;)

As for the passing of time, for my muses I'm gonna take it as next summer (meaning the summer after the fire = +- one year later), one of them is human after all and 5 to 6 years would make him a whole lot older than I ever pictured to write him. Hope you understand. But I'm sure everyone can take a timegap as big as it pleases one's muse, without going in to much specifics. :)

I was hoping to catch you online today, dear Crys, to wish you a very happy birthday on the right day as well ;), but I'm not up to it I'm afraid. Hope you can forgive this silly elf for that. I hope you had a great day! :hug: :cheers: ... :drunk: And do tell me, have the incenses come in handy yet? :P ;)

:wave: to everyone

*crawls in corner *

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 06 Aug , 2005 9:38 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

totally and utterly OCC..........

with a loud bouncy shriek: Spriiiiitey : :D wonderful to see you posting back here :D and tsk tsk tsk.... still dragging that old laptop about? Me thinks it time you gave it UFO status ;)

and another loud bouncy shriek but this time with a more awed undertone: Kaya: that is such a great avatar piccie you've got there :D

and :wave: to PG: nice to see you come out of the bushwork too :D

.. and yeah! The Rider will be back..... eventually.
His muse even wispered something about running into Bre in the woods just as the woolhead tries to elope, dunk him in the river a few times and hang him up to drip-dry while giving him a good lecture about women (elfs to be precice) and life in general... which of course is bound to backfire totally

:Q :nono: muses.... I tell you! :halo:

Belated Happy Birthday to Crys! :hug: :D

Profile Quote
Bréhon
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 07 Aug , 2005 11:28 am

‘Fulfill your oath...’ Bréhon ‘s gaze was fixed on his grazed knuckles. Limp rested his hands on his pulled up knees that slowly were starting to have a cramp. He shifted his weight so he could stretch one leg. ‘To Lord and to land.’

“To Lord and land...” he repeated the words of the past that anew flashed through his mind.

The stables suddenly felt as a cage. Bréhon clambered to his feet and hastened to the door which he threw open. The scent so typical after a summer shower wafted towards him, as did the dampness of the air. He found shelter against the soft rainfall under the protruding roof where he leaned against the wall, searching his pockets. Seconds later the fragrance of strong pipe weed smoke filled the air. He closed his eyes and listened to the sounds of nature, standing like that as if he was frozen to the spot.

A sudden gust of wind tousled his dark mane. His fingers raked the strands behind his ears again, and while turning his face towards the wind, he noticed movement near the clump of trees in between the stables and the woods uphill.

“Legyviel...”

"It has been a while. What are you doing sulking out here like some common intruder, when we both know Kaya would welcome you with open arms?"

"That is not your concern...." He had blurted the words out before realizing it. The Noldo could not always save his hide – he had too much pride for that. The blue haired elf who now walked by – affronted by his reaction without a doubt – would not understand his situation, nor would anyone else. To Lord and land he had sworn. His eyes followed her as she disappeared around the corner, knowing for sure she would tell about this encounter.

He was not ready for this.

With quick strides he walked back into the stables to return, minutes later, leading his horse by the reins. Supply he mounted and without looking back he spurred the chestnut into a gallop, disappearing out of sight of the house within minutes.

+++++

Alandriel... is that so? Firstly, he’s not eloping. :Q Secondly, the woolhead has mumbled to me, and I’ll repeat his exact words: ‘That strawhead and who else?’. I wonder if he was trying to make clear he doubts your muse being capable of fulfilling such bold words? :suspicious: He even wanted to bet with me about such an outcome! Men, I tell you! :roll: Anyway, this muse needs to get a breath of fresh air, leaving all options open for whatever encounter or whatever the muse himself comes up with in the future. (I only have weekends to write, so he might very well be bivouacking in the mountains for a good amount of RL-time).
Thanks for the compliment on the piccie. :D

What I'd give to remember that heavenly state
Just a moment in time all mine to create.
As I'm taking my last breath I know what I'll see
There'll be green waves forever out there waiting for me.

(Secret Garden ~ Green waves)

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 11 Aug , 2005 11:46 am
I can't count but I'm cute

ooc-

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *is in shock at new fabulous thread*

and i will join in but after i get my internet back. i'll be without for a month due to nasty net access problems and RL situations. :) but count me in :)

Bré darling. welcome back ;) don't ever scare me like that again on IM like last time. we need to talk :P must call you soon.

crys- well done!! i owe you ;)

Alandriel- simply hugs :D

PG- hugs to you too

can't talk long, must read and think of post!

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 15 Aug , 2005 11:25 am

“So, have you gotten any farther than when I left you last?”

Kaya’s hand wavered for a moment, inches from the dish of ice cream she had been about to grasp. After a short hesitation her fingers clutched for the dish and with an innocent face she eyed Crys momentarily.

“Farther with what?”

Then she focused all her attention on the sweet delicacy in front of her, picked a blackberry and with great taste munched it.

“I’m just trying to fill my time, now that there is so little else to do...”

Oh, the melancholy! The want for change! Yet, on the other hand, she realized her days of importance in this world were over. For all that already had been, from the deepest depths to the highest of heights, she could not believe for one moment the tale in which she always had played a part, had not come to its final chapter. No, now all was in the hands of others. Of Men. Ever since the rings had departed this world, an inner change had taken place. The great days were over, the days of the Elves were of the past.

“And what better to do, then to read?”

As discretely as possible, she shifted one of her legs so it dangled out of the couch, and with her toes she gently pushed one of the books lying on the carpet farther under another until its title was completely hidden from view.

The book had been a gift. Most likely, it had been stolen before it had come into her possession, given to her by the corsair named Arunakhôr. Therefore, she never had used it. She did not know its rightful owner, but going by the cover and the strange golden markings on it, she knew it was ancient, and from strange origin. He probably had brought it with him from one of his travelings and, last fall, he had passed it onto her while she was in Pelargir, trying to find some nice gadgets to adorn the renovated guildhouse. But now, with the ideas she had been brooding over recently, the book had caught her attention and from the moment she had started to read in it, she had been fascinated.

Spooning up the delicious ice cream Kaya suddenly started to wonder... Would her letter to Aragorn already have arrived? Would Jae have received the little note she had sent off with one of the morning (;)) pigeons Crys sometimes, when she thought no one was watching, talked to? More over, would she respond to it? Wasn’t it time to tidy up her room, where the oaken floor was covered with balls of parchment? And where would she find space for her forge ? ... For it was the first time since centuries, since the completion of the three and their likely doom, she longed for the beautiful sparkles of gems, the quick and nimble movements of her fingers in a room sparsely lit by only a small fire and a few candles.

“Nothing better than a good book to pass some time” the Noldo nodded, while she eyed the approximately 50 books and parchments that lay all over the lounge and dining table.

At that point, the door suddenly opened, and followed by a mass of blue hair, entangled by the doing of a stiff breeze, someone she had not seen in a long time entered.

“Legyviel!”

+++++
OOC -
Now, I'm looking forward to the entrance of others too... like Sprite (and/or Figwit and/or Caramicil), Jae (welcome back! :D twas great plotting already =:) ), and where are the blond woman name Nin, who I haven't seen in ages :( , or the halfling... or.... the (heaven forbids) darkling? :Q
Oh yes, and I'm looking forward to the return of Rohan's finest too. :love: :halo:
Peeg, hope that is enough hook for you. :P
Crys, ready to plot when you are. :D

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 15 Aug , 2005 12:38 pm
Per aspera ad astra

« Legyviel ? » the voice of the woman who stood in the door was clearly not elvish, but only too human. And her hair was not blue either. And she was definitely too short for an elf.

Once she stepped inside the guild-house and the shadow behind her had shrunk, it was obvious for Kaya that she had been mistaken – maybe by the reflect of the sun-light coming in through the door in which the woman was standing. But before she even had the time to ask, the woman introduced herself.

“ Suilad. My name is Nienor-Niniel and I have come a long way through the mountains since I have heard that the house of the Night-Guards has been reopened. Am I mistaken? Friends of the Mithril Knights have told me that I might find advice and a task here.”

The woman suddenly took a deep breath, and stretched out a hand, searching for some support on the table standing close to the door. (Shut up, there is a table!!). She closed her eyes.

“Are you not feeling well?” asked Kaya, suddenly concerned.

“ I have walked a long road, and neither drank or eaten as much as I wanted.” Answered Nienor-Niniel. “But have I found the guild-house and are you Kaya, the elf?” To Nin’s great relief, the elf-woman nodded to both of the questions. Her fair eyes looked inquiering at the small woman – but the woman seemed inoffensive, so small and so tired that no threat could come from her.

“Sit down, Nienor-Nininiel… and maybe let us share some food, and tell me what brings you here. I have long not heard of Mithril Knights.”

Nin almost fell on the chair – she had been so tired that the words of the elf, allowing her to sit down, were like a delivery for her. When Kaya pushed a small bowl over the table, She grabbed it greedily and once the sweat, cool substance had touched her tongue, she smiled happily. Hardly ever before she had tasted something so sweat, like melted ginger-bread, mixed with whipped cream and cooled down to help her against the heat and dust of the road.
“Thank you. Not even Lembas could have been better now.” She smiled again, lost in thoughts as it seemed, for a second. “You can call me Nin.” She said then, remembering the slight mistake the elf had made on her name. “It is not astonishing you have not heard of the Mithril Knights for long years – they do not really exist no more. But I can tell you the reason of my errant, while you still wait for the coming of your friend Legyviel.” Kaya nodded, and when Nin put another spoonful of ice-cream in her mouth, she saw the hands of the small woman – they were covered with thin blue lines like elvish inscriptions of times of old. She had never seen anything alike.

Only, before Nin could start her tale, the door suddenly opened, and followed by a mass of blue hair, entangled by the doing of a stiff breeze, someone Kaya had not seen in a long time entered.

“Legyviel!”

(Déjà-vu…. There is a bug in the Matrix)

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 69 posts ]
Return to “Literary Rambles: There & Back Again...” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: