board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

NSSA, really, do we need OOC?

Post Reply   Page 2 of 4  [ 69 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Bréhon
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 15 Aug , 2005 4:33 pm

Miles and miles he rode, his body leaning into the stallion’s while they manoeuvered swiftly around trees with low-hanging branches. The greater the distance became between him and the guildhouse, the less he felt like hunted wildlife. He crossed the entire valley and took a narrow passage alongside a gorge until he reached a gentle slope. He circled around the environment for a while before he moved to a sheltered spot near the river, making sure all was clear.

His feet hit the ground with a thud and looking around while he unsaddled his mount he tried to find the best spot to make a small campfire, later on. Not to warm himself. It would have to be an extremely cold winter before Bréhon would be bothered by it. After all, where he came from, there was this tradition for the men to swim in frozen rivers during winter, naked. It made one tough.

He looked up to the lowest branches of the trees, then took his knife and cut one of them off. Stripping it from its twigs and leaves, he inspected it while keeping at arms length. Strong, yet flexible, and almost straight. He searched in his saddlebags for a string and attaching it to the narrow end of the branch, he then secured a metal hook to the cord’s other end. A couple of centimeters above the hook, he tied a piece of twig. Digging with the heel of his boot in the soil his fingers soon grabbed for a worm, which he speared on the hook.

Whisteling he sat down on a boulder and cast his line in the streaming water. His eyes never left the handmade float which bobbed gently on the water behind the by nature made little dam. Yes, before long, the sizzling sounds of smoking fish would be heard. He became quite hungry with the mere thought...

+++++

OOC -

The warmest of welcome hugs to Nin!! :D

Peeg, I think you got a hook! :Q :D

What I'd give to remember that heavenly state
Just a moment in time all mine to create.
As I'm taking my last breath I know what I'll see
There'll be green waves forever out there waiting for me.

(Secret Garden ~ Green waves)

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 15 Aug , 2005 7:47 pm
citoyenne du monde

OOC : yep just to tell that I've seen this and will try and take some time to bring some character in... when and how is however another question ;).

Must read first. :wave: everyone

I Endure in order to Reflect
Transcending Order
I seal the Matrix of Endlessness
With the Cosmic tone of Presence
I am guided by the power of Spirit

Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good

Profile Quote
SpriteWriter
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 16 Aug , 2005 2:58 am

The sun above her was golden and bright, the skies deceptively blue and cloudless considering the shower that had just recently passed over them. The brown-haired human released her reins for a moment and took off then shook the remaining drops of water off of her dark green cloak which was then folded up and attached to the saddle behind her.

She took a deep breath of the delicious valley air around her and her face broke out in a grin. Urging her horse into a gallop (not that it took much encouragement) across the broad flat grassland she let the reins remain down on her horse's neck, guiding her steed with her knees and thighs.

Hearing her companion's horse come up beside hers and before he could give word to the warning she knew to be inevitable, Sprite leant forward into the wind created by her horse's speed and closed her eyes.

"Lookit me! I'm the Supreme Empress of the..."

And it was that very moment, with her arms thrown out to the wind like a bird would its wings that her horse picked up a stone; going from full gallop to complete stop in less then a second and tumbling off her rider most indignantly.

Her rider who fell on the ground with a mouthful of grass. And nice grass it was too, the emerald kind, close cropped to the ground and sweet, unlike wild grasses gone to seed...

AM I DICTATING THIS STORY OR IS MY HORSE?...

Anyways, she spat out the grass; it being none too appealing to her bipedal natured stomach, and winced as she pushed herself up, then touched her nose gingerly. Fortunately her shoulders had taken the brunt of the fall, but the olfactory sensor of hers had taken a bit of a bump too.

He was smirking. She just knew it.

---------------------------

OOC: Thanks for all the welcome backs guys; I've missed you all - really I have :love: :grouphug: There's a slightly longer post coming up soon, I just wanted to let the others who are standing on the doorstep get in before I crash the party :P

Oh, and the closest I intend to get to Bré right now is for an elf to vaguely scent the fish, so no worries there ;)

Belated b-day wishes to Crys as well :cheers: you get your pressie in the next post ;)

Oh, and the evil laptop has definately gone MIA; I don't anticipate seeing it again...

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 17 Aug , 2005 10:22 am
I can't count but I'm cute

The night was clear and cold. Colder then most night had been this summer, the ghastly wind made sure of that. The cold had driven the elf to the chair close to the fire, where she had spent reading most of the night away. The book now balanced unsteadily in her trembling hand as her eyes sought to rest. But she could not fully give in to the wave of tiredness. Thought aplenty kept hammering on the inside of her skull, demanding her attention.Frowing painfully Jaeniver opened her eyes again and lay still for a moment trying to clear her head from the faces and the places but her attention got focussed on the gusts of wind coming through the open window, making the curtains move and the candles flicker and hiss in the draft. When the throbbing pain above her brow did not disappear she gave up and moved to an upright position. Only when another gust of wind waved through the room she was moved to action. Slowly and with heavy limbs she rose and closed the window. As she crossed the room with in her hand a woollen blanket from the bed she threw a passing glance in to the mirror. She did not halt to register the view. It had hit her hard many times before how she had changed. Dark shadows underneath her eyes betrayed the lack of sleep, the dull blue eyes above them the lack of spirit.

She sank down into the seat wrapped in the blanket where she remained till the break of day. The night had once again been spend thinking and staring at the flames without solving any problems or answering any questions.

~
“Are you sure it is possible for you to leave under these circumstances?” Concern was clearly to be heard in the enquiry but was ignored by the elf who, without looking at the woman near the window, swept through her room looking for the last of any needed equipment. “I really do not see why you ought to object to my going.” came her kind but determined reply. The young woman regarded her in silence as she handed the elf the blanket from the bed and followed her Jae’s descend to the grounds where the elf’s faithful black mount was patiently grazing.

“But what if you get unwell lady? what if he comes back early, I mean, I surely couldn’t…”She halted and lowered her eyes to the ground, a slight blush colouring her fair cheeks pink a she was silenced by a look from the elf’s blue eyes who forcefully replied. “I will handle any ‘what if’s’whenever they may occur. May that be enough to sooth your conscience.” With that said she mounted and looked upon the woman who had been appointed as her charge these many months ago. “Just let me know what goes on here. I have faith in you. You’ll do fine.” She granted the woman one of her now so rare smiles which caused an even greater pink sensation in the girl’s cheeks. This would be her trial, to see if she was ready to take over the office Jae was occupying now because soon, she would be forced to take another road.

‘but not yet’ And she eyed the young woman one last time and bade her a fond farewell. Without waiting for any reply Jae turned Caberion around and gave him free reign to lead them through the arches and on to the mountain path.

Her charge had retraced her steps next to the window where she lifted a hand in a lost farewell. She looked with great concern at the smaller growing spec in the distance. With each minute she could feel the heaviness of the burden fall onto her shoulders. “Do hurry back lady.” she whispered at the spec.

~
The roads were muddy due to the heavy rainfall that came with the summer storms that erupted on the mountains this time of year. Puddles of water coloured the path in silver. The day had progressed a fair deal and now even the sun had come out to cast a few cautious rays on the earth. But despite the sun Jaeniver shivered. A shiver forced down by the cold and the memory of the place where she was heading to. She had avoided that valley for as long as she could. And even when she received news in the form of a small letter, she had stayed away and be impartial to it all. What was left there now but memories she’d rather forget? But the weeks had been filled with reminders, torturing her in at least one visit.To whatever end. That visit had now come.

she reigned in Caberion as they reached the trail to the valley. She hesitated but slowly continued down hill, whispering comforting words to her friend as much as to herself. Before long the grasslands that were so familiar to her eyes appeared in sight. Once they were reached Jae dismounted, leaving Caberion to graze in the open field for she did not have the heart to confine him in the stables where flames had once surrounded him. With a soft pat on his neck she released him from her pack and slowly began to walk towards the dark silhouette of the house. With each steps her heart went up a notch.

She had been standing there, looking at the door for a while, her hand resting on her chest as to assure herself it was still beating. One last breath before she placed new footprints on old and burned ones. The floorboards betrayed her coming…

OOC- i typed a different post but lost it due to floppy errors so i typed this one from the top of my head. Still without internet and using my mother's pc at work. so please be patient with posts :)

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
peeg
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 21 Aug , 2005 8:46 am
You Tolkien to me?

The first thing she heard when she pushed open the door of the guildhouse was her name, exclaimed happily. The first thing she saw were two of her oldest friends sitting with another, strange woman. Legyviel smiled, her icy eyes lighting up, and moved forward to hug Kaya, who had said her name, then Crys, who looked tired but happy to see her. On close inspection of both their faces, the elf noted that they both looked a little weary, but her instincts told her that story could wait. For now, she turned her attention to the strange woman who was looking at her curiously.

"Greetings. I don't believe we have met. I am Legyviel, as you might have surmised," Legyviel said, eyes sparkling, and held out her hand.

"Well met, Legyviel. I am Neinor-Niniel," The woman smiled, and took it, and Legyviel was surprised to see the delicate blue whorls and spirals that looked with elvish engraved on her hand. She flicked an eyebrow, but said nothing, deciding that that story, too, could wait till the proper time. At the moment, she was more interested in-

"Ice cream! Wonderful- I’ve had a long journey, and there's nothing like ice cream to make a weary traveller feel better," she said happily, taking a seat next to Crys. Kaya, laughing, handed her a bowl and she spooned some of the sugary browns stuff into it, savouring the taste as it melted on her tongue. She leaned back into the sofa, spoon in mouth, and grinned cheekily up at Crys.

"My, someone's in a good mood," Crys said, grinning back at her. Legyviel chuckled.

"I'm just glad to be back. It's been a long time since I last saw this place," she murmured, looking around. The guildhouse looked almost exactly the same as she remembered, the only difference being a fine layer of dust on some of the things that hadn't been dusted yet. Legyviel frowned slightly at that, but her attention was diverted by Kaya question.

"Speaking of which, where have you been all this time? You slipped away one day without warning....I would have been worried had a not seen that you'd packed before you left," she said. Legyviel's eyes flickered dangerously for a second, but then the moment passed and she smiled.

"I'm sorry about that, but I received urgent news from the north- which is, incidentally, where I have been 'all this time,'" she sighed suddenly, running a hand absently through her hair. "It's been absolute bedlam there- there's a new warlord on the rise, goes by the name Thorvalad, and it's thrown the Lossoth clans into complete disarray. Some of them have joined him, and he tries to force to others to his side. I've been playing the diplomat, held talks with him and all, but what I really want to do it beat the bastard within an inch of his life. And then I want to leave him on an iceberg for the eagles to finish off," she finished fiercely.

"You speak of him with a disturbing level of hatred. Not many people are able to get such a reaction out of you, Legyviel. Are you sure it's wise?" Kaya asked gently. She and Crys looked slightly shocked at this show of feeling from the normally calm and collected elfess, and Nienor was looking at her curiously. Legyviel sighed.

"I am just frustrated. There's been absolutely no progress, and I fear it will get worse before it gets better. I fear an all-out war. But if Thorvalad manages to convince the other clans to join him.....it would mean trouble for the west. His lust for power knows no bounds. I had to come back here to get away from the tension for a while" she said solemnly. The others absorbed this news, mulling it over in their own ways. Crys opened her mouth to say something, but at that moment a creak from the front door made their four heads whip around. It opened slowly, as if whoever was outside was reluctant to come in. The fading sunlight outlined the figure in the doorway, and Legyviel smiled as she recognised who it was. This time, it was Crys who exclaimed.

“Jae!”

OOC:

Nin stole my hook then gave me another one.....interesting. Thanks, guys ;)

Jae you got a hook now :D

YAY, a Sprite post!! :D Get your muddy, grass-stained behind into the guildhouse, girl! :LMAO:

[ img ]

"You can think and you can fight, but the world's always moving and if you wanna stay ahead you gotta dance"
~Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 22 Aug , 2005 8:12 am

The elf cringed at the exclamation of her name. Nervously her eyes sought to find the origin of the yell and found it in Legyviel. She had hoped to wander around the house for a while unnoticed but her plan had been made idle by the surprised cry.

But Legyviel was not alone. There most of the old group was assembled. Kaya, who looked alarmed at the appearance of the elf ,eyed her in silence. Jae escaped her friend’s penetrating green eyes and hastened to acknowledge the others. Crys looking as kind as always smiled while a trickle of ice cream ran down her wrist. Quickly she held the bowl up right again.

“And here I was thinking the house had been deserted.” She spoke quietly, almost in a whisper.

She tried to smile and managed but the warmth was missing in her face and her eyes to really mean it. The green eyes were relentless in their gaze. Jaeniver turned away a little not having to meet Kaya’s gaze and became faced to the stranger. A blonde haired woman with fine features though now they were covered in fatigue. Rhohirrim no doubt. In silence she observed the woman who seemed uncertain of her too.

“This is Nienor-Niniel or Nin. She has come on an errand.” Kaya spoke to break Jae’s silence stare. Jae only nodded. “An errand.” she softly repeated. After a short moment of contemplation the elf held out her slender hand to the woman. “I am Jaeniver.”
~
OOC- a small post this time ;) and not one of master quality. it's early and i need to run off to work :P

Kaya- you know of the strange behaviour ;)

PG-thanks :)
Nin- i wasn't sure whether we'd have met before. if so that can easily work. Jae's not her usual self at the moment and could have easily forgotten about her. if not that's fine too. good to see you here *hug*

Last edited by Jaeniver on Mon 22 Aug , 2005 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 22 Aug , 2005 8:22 am
citoyenne du monde

The view was beautiful, almost perfect in fact ; as far as she could see the summer sun was bathing the lends and her eyes could even catch down the Anduin the smokes of Pelargir’s taverns…
At her feet the fields of the Pelennor spread like a lake, healed now from the wounds the siege of the War had left. The caress of the wind on her face felt like the delicate touch of a lover’s hand. Her cheeks demanded it, its freshness, the freedom it meant; give herself to the wind was tempting and her legs hanging from the highest wall of Minast Tirith upon which she was sitting felt like the only obstacle to flying.

“you do not intend to jump now do you?”
The voice – though caring and even carrying a tint of worry – exploded in her head breaking the perfect silence her mind had made. But in fact the world was not silent ; down in the lower levels of the city she could the noises of doors being opened as sellers started preparing their shops, the voices of mothers calling their children for a late breakfast, the paces of cattle and chickens doomed to be sold and - for some - eaten by this very evening. The world had been alive without her and even as she looked down she noticed the Pelennor was crowded ; merchants coming from Harad, riders and horse sellers from Rohan, Gondorians visiting family, dwarfs admiring the work made on the great Gates and even Japanese tourists taking pictures of the white Tower of Ecthelion (oops, no sorry those got lost on the wrong boat :P =:) )

“of course I am not”, she answered as she got down the wall to face the newcomer.
“it looks like you forgot we were to meet after your watch.”
“indeed. What did you say it was about?”
“I did not say… but it would be about your return to the nightguards’ guildhouse.”

This news fell like a cold shower on the peredhel (yes, I know showers didn’t exist at that time but he, I needed a comparison) and what had seemed perfect was now tainted with dark memories.
“no way,” eari murmured.
“I received a letter from Kaya de Danan and she requested that you come back…
“no way,” the peredhel said again.
“will you bring my answer to another enquiry she made?”

From the tone of her kin’s voice, she knew that family had left place to hierarchy and it was an order not a request.

~~~~~~~~~~

“will you…?” what an hypocrite!! Mr Perfect has become bossy since he saved this world!!”
“Eris shut up, after all he is the king.”

Eari frowned trying to silence her conscience…
“see, told you the king is right, even she…”
Both of them!! And they did shut up.

Yet that did not mean she was too happy; it had been some time since she had left the White City and she would soon get to the NG hideout. But the closer they got, the more she was reluctant to reign Erwen forward. Would they have forgotten? Not in centuries. Would they forgive? Not likely. She looked down at her scarred hand, her fingers tracing softly the new mark of her foolishness.
Well she would give the King’s message to Kaya and then leave… or try to. Already thinking of leaving while she was not yet where she was going; that had not happened often in her life. Erwen had finally brought them to the edge of the open place where the guild house was standing. Just about ten more meters to go, but would she walk them? She reigned Erwen and left the safe haven that the saddle now seemed, yet she could make her leg take a first step towards the door, in front of which, incidentally, someone she knew was standing, apparently just as reluctant as herself to enter… at least for a moment.

OOC, well be nice to me, it's my first RP post in months and I wrote it between 2 and 3am last night cause I couldn't sleep :P :P (hence the bad humour :roll:)

kaya, hope you don't mind me hijacking your message to Aragorn as a hook ;) ;)

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
peeg
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Aug , 2005 10:36 am
You Tolkien to me?

OOC:

Teehee.....i get the distinct feeling that Jae and Earie's posts, posted within ten minutes of each other, have overlapped.....perhaps one of them would like to edit? :D

Oh, and Jae, it was Crys who said your name, not Legyviel, but it doesn't matter.

Feeling really sick at the moment.....i hate these random winter flus..... :( :bawl:

[ img ]

"You can think and you can fight, but the world's always moving and if you wanna stay ahead you gotta dance"
~Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Aug , 2005 11:41 am
citoyenne du monde

Peeg, I edited some stuff but it's not clear apparently and it still overlaps with Jae :oops:.

"at least for the moment" was meant to express Jae entering in the house while Eari remained outside. hope this makes sense ;).

And sorry to hear you're sick, I hope you'll get better soon. :hug:

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 26 Aug , 2005 8:50 am

so Eari's post comes before mine ;) problem solved. i am not really in a position to edit alot right now since i only have like an hour of play time.

sorry guys.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

Profile Quote
peeg
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 01 Sep , 2005 8:42 am
You Tolkien to me?

Ahh, ok then, my bad. Sorry Earie ;)

C'mon, people, don't let this thread fall into stasis already!! Where's Kaya? I'm gonna go bug her for a bit, see if i can't get her to write a Kaya post....and where's Crys? Do i need to post again to get us moving?

(Yes, i'm impatient, i know, but i was having fun RPing again on a regular basis! C'mon people! :D :LMAO: :blackeye: )

[ img ]

~Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 01 Sep , 2005 1:18 pm

Sorry folks, no post from me is to be expected for another week and a half, at a minimum. August was not my month on many levels. My granddad died last week, the funeral was yesterday. His death was not a surprise, but still it's hard to say goodbye. Saturday I'm leaving for a week to soak up some much needed sun. I'm empty...

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.

Profile Quote
crystal_seed
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 01 Sep , 2005 2:23 pm

Kaya dear... :hug: :hug: :hug: :(
You know I'm thinking about you... and will be in touch ;)
Peeg- by all means get the ball rolling woman, with a post!!...

Crys is still in shock that Kaya handed her icecream over to Nin :Q (but being a good hostess, she hides this well :) ) ... and of course, this happens whilst she is musing over her coffee... and now more people have joined them... so she is contemplating getting up to enter the kitchen to bring out more ice cream and berries... and wondering where Boris and Bruno are off to... but this is mere contemplation... you see, in actuality.. she is still musing over her coffee, oblivious to what is going on around... thinking about how she would really like to carve out a herb garden and start producing hygene products, lotions and soaps, teas and bath milks. So really, she is there, but in the shadow of her own thoughts ;)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 19 Sep , 2005 8:18 pm
citoyenne du monde

She waited for a long time, playing with the idea of leaving without anyone noticing her. But she was no fool and knew that either the Eagle Eye had seen or heard her for the Noldo was no mere elf. But then, there was a buzzing sound in the house, so maybe with conversations going on, no elven ears had yet caught the step of her mare...

She was about to turn Erwen away and leave, when something at the back of her mind told her that at least she should pass the King's message to Kaya. She might not be happy about it, but it could be important and she had never failed Gondor: not consciously. She would not do that now. She sighed heavily and got down the mare, unsaddled it and let Erwen go around take a break.

She walked the last meters that separated her from the house doors before she stopped again. Breathing in deeply, she seized the heavy handle and turned it open. For a split second she had the very disagreeable feeling that all conversations had stopped and that all the eyes of the room had turned towards her. Or was it just an impression?

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Sep , 2005 8:46 am

OOC-
good to see you Eari ;) don't sneak out now :P

i have a post but it is more directed on the evening ;) so come on guys(girls) write!
Kaya get back in here!

still no net so RP life is slow.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Sep , 2005 12:10 pm
Per aspera ad astra

Indeed, this seemed to be rather a reunion, thought Nin and she wondered if she had come had she known. But the elven’s advice had been clear: “Look for the rest of the Night Guards.” They might be able to help you. She had put down the pack of ice-cream on the table close by, rubbing her hands which had become cold the one against the other.

The elf who had introduced herself as Legyviel stared at her hands, and Nin immediately regretted that she had taken off her gloves. But then, how long should she have waited to tell her errand? She should have waited a bit longer.. in the end, time to get to know this strange assembly of eldar and edain in which she felt lost. Her eyes fixed the floor, while she listed the news about war-lords –would it ever cease, this struggle for power and wealth? Was there any way out of it or once you were mingled to the affairs of power in the world, would you find them there forever?

But before she had the time to utter a single word, yet another woman arrived (was there a shortage of men in Middle-Earth?), yet another elf.

When Jaeniver stretched out her slender had to great Nin, the petite blonde took it carefully. Somehow, she was not sure if she had not met the elf-woman before, not in recent times, but maybe half a life-time ago then… in Rivendell. Would someone who had not seen her since still recognise her? Life had left many traces on Nin’s body and mind, and so little was left of this time.

“Yes, and errand,” she answered the elf, “I was asked to find help here – but the news brought by Legyviel (Nin bowed slightly towards the elf) and the ice-cream (she bowed deeper to crys) have distracted me. And unless you urge me to – and you can believe me there is no reason for emergency – I would rather tell my story the next day.” Nin smiled in her enigmatic way, lowering her eyes.

In this moment of silence, the door opened. Yet another woman (where is a man when you need one?) entered the room, and the complete silence which followed instead of the welcoming screams and food offerings she had heard on the two precedent occasions showed clearly that something with this woman was different. Maybe not only different – but wrong. It was almost in the air.

Nin was not in a position to break the silence, as the stranger just arrived who she was. But who was?

Hiding her hand in her pockets, where she would find her gloves again, Nin hoped only she could put them on, before she would have to shake hands with the new arrival, whom so obviously everybody knew – everybody except herself.

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 24 Sep , 2005 3:44 pm

Months it had been since the guildhouse had been buzzing with so many voices as it did now. Voices from friends of old, and new ones. It gave Kaya a good feeling.

How she had mistaken Nienor Niniel to be Legyviel, the Noldo did not understand. It was not very elfish to make such blunders! Yet the presence of the blue haired elf was unmistakingly near, and the Noldo expected her entrance any minute. And so Legyviel did arive not long after, yet it were not good tidings that had brought her back to the mountains after such a long time.

The strange longing for adventure she had been missing returned with every word spoken by Legyviel. No! She could not let herself get into thinking about this. For then she for sure would get deeper into this, maybe too deep. For sure too deep. It had never been any different.

Her plans, the plans she had been brooding over the entire winter, spring, and summer, those were the plans that formed her future! Not some evil northern figure. Others would deal with him, when the time would be ripe. ‘Oh, when will the King finally answer my request? The answer that will free me...’, Kaya wondered with a growing anticipation while the door opened again.

“Jae!” It was Crys who exclaimed the elf’s name first. Before Kaya had taken a good look at her face, she already knew her friend’s situation was worse than she ever could have guessed from reading between the lines of the few letters they had exchanged since Jae had left the house. The balance of life was there, yet it was not equally divided. She noticed Jae avoided her gaze, and politely the Noldo took the hint and averted her eyes momentarily. There were things inside, hidden for even Men’s eyes, Jae was not about the give away easily...

“This is Nienor Niniel, or Nin,” Kaya then said, as if she was feeling Jae now was looking at the blond haired newcomer. She did not look up, even turned her face further away from the people who had taken a seat on the couches. She closed her eyes. Fire is what she saw, fire in the dark. Fire, pain, despair... Dark had been the day she seemed to be reliving at this moment. Her fingers clutched the armrest of the couch tightly. And while she tried the shake those memories off, the elf wondered what had triggered them in the first place... The ‘aniversary’ of that event had passed recently, without any strange events happening. Then what... ?

When the creaking of the door penetrated through her memories the room suddenly fell in an uncomfortable silence. Kaya waited a few more seconds before she opened her eyes.

‘Where is a man when you need one...’

Kaya was unsure who’s thoughts she had caught, yet it might as well have been her own. At this point where she eyed the face of the woman standing in the doorway, she wondered -again- what had happened to Eoden. Where he was. If he had completely forgotten about her or maybe, when he was on one one of his missions and sat around a campfire that crackled peacefully under a star lit sky, she was in his thoughts... She sighed. It was not the right moment to start musing about this!

She noted Nin looked at the others, not understanding why no one reacted but with silence to Eari’s entrance. In an attempt to assure Nin all was well a half smile curved Kaya’s lips when their eyes met. Then Kaya got up.

It seemed the distance between the couch and the door had never been this long, and it seemed her steps where heavier than they usually were. Memories flashed by, memories originating from other days than the one she had remembered earlier. Memories of better days.

Still her heart was heavy, and when her feet finally stopped and her eyes looked into those of the peredhel, she spoke only after a short hesitation, her voice a whisper:

“What brings you this far from your beloved city? ...”

The word that layed on her tongue, she decided not to utter it at the very last moment.

~~~~~

OOC - sorry that it took me so long. Evilly busy RL. Suprisingly, it's caused by work. :roll:
Don't let this keep the rest of you from writing though. :P ;) :D

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Sep , 2005 10:28 am

OOC- welcome back kaya ;) debating with myself whether i should remove myself from the house for a while before i start making Jae turn into someone other then what she is.

Will debate some more. anyway so good to see all of you again.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

Profile Quote
peeg
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Sep , 2005 12:50 pm
You Tolkien to me?

OOC: Wooooo, we're moving again! I was thinking perhaps i'd write up a post, but now i want to wait for Eari's reply before writing anything. Perhaps after her post i'll move things along to dinner, if no-one minds? :)

Thanks for the heads up, Kaya ;)

[ img ]

~Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 28 Sep , 2005 9:39 pm
citoyenne du monde

not sure I should post at this time of the day after two hours playing volley ball but I'm going to give it a try :roll:

~~~~~~~~

It seemed time had stopped, and for the worse. It seemed the all world became blurred and shapes seemed to fade. None of them had forgotten as she had expected but from their looks she imagined none had forgiven either. She did not know what to do; in fact the only thing was to leave.

But then someone moved and the world came back, not shapeless and distorted as it had just been. It was Kaya who had just come to her and spoke; she seemed not perfectly at ease and yet it was only the slightest hesitation.

“What brings you this far from your beloved city? ...â€

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 4  [ 69 posts ]