NSSA, really, do we need OOC?

Post Reply   Page 3 of 4  [ 69 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
peeg
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 30 Sep , 2005 2:47 pm
You Tolkien to me?

Eari....

The air throbbed with tension so thick it was palpable. Legyviel coolly gazed at the newcomer who was an old friend....had been an old friend. Much had happened since they last met, and yet....

She didn't miss the flicker of pain in Eari's eyes as she scanned the room while she spoke. Legyviel looked away as some of her ice thawed. It wasn't fair, not to Eari, or her, or to any of them who had been there that night really. While she did not know the entire story of what had transpired that night, she knew it couldn't all have been Eari's fault, because Eari was more than that, better than that.

Legyviel looked up again, and this time there was forgiveness in her eyes, and understanding. Their eyes met and she smiled faintly in reassurance. Some of the tension faded from Eari's face and she smiled back slightly. Then her attention strayed to Kaya and the two regarded each other silently for some time. Legyviel rose and stretched like a cat, putting down her bowl of ice cream as she did so.

"Crys....how about we go into the kitchen and start preparing dinner? It's getting dark out, and I think most of us are planning to stay the night," she said to her friend. Crys nodded and the two of them moved away from the common room towards the kitchen, and Nin got up silently to follow them. As she passed Eari, Crys briefly put her hand on her shoulder.

In the kitchen, they found Borris and Bruno pottering about, cutting up things and putting pots on the stove. The two seemed to have an uncanny sense of what was needed when in the guildhouse. Legyviel raised an eyebrow but didn't interrupt as Crys swung into full action, calling out orders to Borris and Bruno, herself doing ten things at once.

"What was all that about?" Nin said, standing slightly to the side with Legyviel so as not to get in the way. Legyviel looked at her for a minute, then shrugged and looked away.

"It's a long story, and a sad one at that. But I prefer to let the shadows of the past rest in their sepulchres. Let’s not dwell on it,â€

[ img ]

"You can think and you can fight, but the world's always moving and if you wanna stay ahead you gotta dance"
~Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 03 Oct , 2005 12:04 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

Another day. Yes another would be just fine. Jae mused silently as she let her blue eyes gaze past the blonde woman’s face. She lowered her eyes escaping the elf’s gaze and it was only then Jae realized she was staring. “ I’m sorry.â€

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
crystal_seed
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Oct , 2005 8:03 pm

Legy, followed by Jae, followed by Eari.... was this an omen??? It certainly was odd, in fact it felt odd.. the sort of oddness you find when something just isn't right, making you feel a slight, chilling, tingling sensation in your hand that runs down the wrist all the way to the elbow...

Crys smiled at the newcomers and quickly uprighted the tilted dish that was causing the ice cream to run down her arm:oops:

With Legy practically dragging her back into the kitchen...

'Good gracious me, why would I want to go there... the blackberries are on the table....'

...her mind was somewhat absent, occupied by 'other' thoughts, things from the past.. things not even seen... by those present.
She place a reassuring hand on Eari's shoulder as she passed by in silence, as she had done once before, it seemed, ages ago.
Just a fleeting impression, but it was enough, it settled the disquieting thoughts that preoccupied her. There was only a thin veil, like a quickly disipating morning mist, and the song was there, faint, but still there....
She smiled slightly to herself as she depart from the elf to enter the kitchen with Legyviel.

BORIS AND BRUNO!! They should know better.... ah yes... now she could question them about the bread crumbs..... They both looked up from their vegetable preparations, innocent enough, not able to perceive the potential storm that was brewing and quite dependent on their answer.

After bantering about culinary skills with Legy and Nin, Crys went into action as she took command of the kitchen

Right, we're going to have to serve a crowd. Legy, since it was YOUR brilliant idea to come in here, and since you are now HERE- take this and wash it and rip it up into bits. No cooking involve so nothing to burn :P
Crys tossed her a few heads of green lettuce.

Nin, how are you with sauces? We need something for the salad, and later a gravy for the vegetables and meat.

Showing Nin to the spice rack and where she could find the needed ingredients Crys then went over to the walk-in fireplace, opened an iron pot that held a large roast, which instantly flooded the room with the most delicious aroma. She ladled some more sauce over it to keep it from drying. Then she hoisted another large water filled kettle onto the iron hook and swung it over the fire to start the potatoes boiling in the salt water. Once these things were completed, she approached the Easterling twins and spoke quietly to them

Could I see you two out in the foyer for a brief moment....

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 Nov , 2005 7:22 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

OOC- i just took the liberty to move things up a bit as it seems people are getting stuck. time frame moved slightly ;) I hope no one minds :)

IC

Feeling confined in the house with the preying eyes, Jae fled out at the first opportunity and was welcomed comforting neighs by the black horse who had wondered where his mistress had gone off to without getting him to a stable first.

“You’re absolutely right my friend. I am awful for not thinking of you first.â€

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 27 Nov , 2005 1:22 pm

"A message from the King to you... and a request you made apparently."

Baffled Kaya was, if only for a moment. Oh, finally it had arrived, the King’s answer! She could almost squeal. Which she didn’t. She was an elf, after all. Fumbling at the fabric of her dress to hide the fact her fingers were trembling with anticipation, she waited until Eari calmly handed her the Royal scroll.

With a quick nod Kaya accepted the scroll and while breaking the seal she strolled over to the window, where she halted to read its contents. So caught up in the words revealed to her she was that she did not notice Crys, Peeg and Nin retreating for the kitchen, nor the departure of Jae.

At one point she laid her hand on her chest, almost if to reassure herself she was still breathing.

No, no, no!

This was all wrong!

He had completely missed the point! Men! So typical! Argh!

She wanted to quit ‘now’! Not in a few weeks, months even, maybe! Because that is how long it could take to complete the training of... of...

Kaya breathed in air sharply, then turned around to notice Eari was the only one left in the room. Slowly she turned around, her hands holding the scroll tight. She looked around the room – it would have to stay for a little while longer like it was, she realized with some sadness. Yes, Arunakhôr’s book could go back on the shelves for a while, like the rest of the bulky books still spread around the room.

“Eari...â€

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 27 Nov , 2005 1:48 pm
citoyenne du monde

She retreated slightly when kaya read the scroll she had brought to her; in fact, had she not seen the elf's face go almost white she would have left without a word. She was done with her business here and she only wished to leave. She had done nothing but ill in this house - technically not that one but the one before - and somehow her heart told her the others thought she didn't belong here.

She didn't know much about the Noldo but from what she knew she felt she was not happy with the King; at least they had that in common. But there was also a sadness in her eyes that talked of something else she could not guess.

“Eari...â€

I Endure in order to Reflect
Transcending Order
I seal the Matrix of Endlessness
With the Cosmic tone of Presence
I am guided by the power of Spirit

Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 27 Nov , 2005 2:11 pm

Kaya was as much in surprise over the power in her own reaction as Eari seemed to be. She saw the peredhel even took a step back.

“I’m sorry,â€

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 27 Nov , 2005 2:24 pm
citoyenne du monde

"Elessar, he-" Kaya halted for a moment, which seemed excruciatingly long. Only when Kaya met her gaze did she continue. "He wants you to finish your training, Eari."

It came rather as a shock for the peredhel... and it took a little while to sink in during which Kaya remained silent again. What had got into her cousin's head? She was not ready for this, she had proved it when she had burnt this house down to ashes.

"And he has given me the task of being your guide."

Eari felt her legs give way under her weight (not that she's heavy mind you :P) and the announcement. Elessar had had the nerve to ask Kaya to be her guide, despite the fact that she had destroyed everything the elf had cared for. And why? For no particular reason but the fact that she had been distressed with the events of the day and angered by a man - who incidentally loved Kaya. She had every reason to refuse to be Eari's guide and yet she seemed to be accepting it.

She found herself on a seat not really knowing how she had made it looking up at the Noldo, still in shock... She could still not believe Kaya would agree on guiding her. Why would she?
"Will you accept the task?", she murmured "Despite everything I did..." she took a long deep breath "... to hurt you?"

She dreaded the answer, and she was not even sure she was ready to accept it, whether it was a no or a yes. The first would hurt her beyond any other pain but she would understand. The second would leave her with a choice she did not feel ready to make.

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 27 Nov , 2005 2:45 pm

Would she accept?

Kaya never had thought about it as if she had an option. After all, it was the King’s request... order? Request? Did she have an option?

Her eyes looked at the scroll again, focussing on a few of its words: “... therefor I have appointed you with the task of...â€

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 27 Nov , 2005 3:02 pm
citoyenne du monde

She accepted... she had said she accepted. It took a few moments to Eari to realise that Kaya had agreed and somehow she felt ever more helpless. She was being offered a forgiveness that she felt she did not deserve, that she had not granted herself yet. Did she have the right to be forgiven without question?

"But maybe the more important question is: will you accept?" she heard Kaya said distantly, as if she was not really there. She did not know. Could she refuse now Kaya had accepted? Would it not be an affront?

“Eari?â€

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 27 Nov , 2005 3:25 pm

“The right?â€

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 27 Nov , 2005 3:51 pm
citoyenne du monde

She was trying to make her feel better, and yet it did not really help. Deep inside she must have known that she was not completely responsible for this but she was not yet ready to let go. It had been the second time she failed those she cared for, and both time because she had not had the strength to resist evil.

Yet, when mentioning the woodworms, Kaya managed to bring the beginning of a smile on the peredhel's face; she remembered well the wave of bunnies that had spread over the house maybe hours before it burnt down, but it had not been the cause of this fire...

But Kaya continued... and she sounded a bit like another Noldo she had met long before, when she was a child and she knew she was right, but she was not ready to admit it. Not just yet... Because leaving this behind was both hard and easy. Lingering on the past justified many things and yet it prevented her from living...

“You’ve got until tomorrow morning, mellon.â€

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
Bréhon
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 27 Nov , 2005 8:24 pm

Bréhon had almost fallen asleep, eyeing the float that not once had disappeared from his gaze due to the interference of a fish. It was not that there were no fishes in the stream. On the contrary, there was enough to feed a whole Éored. Yet not one of them seemed hungry, or stupid, enough to fall for the bait.

He became quite frustrated. Would there ever come a day when at least something would not be against him?! Well, that would be the day!

At last he pulled his line in to notice the fish had nibbled the worm from the hook quite cleverly without getting caught themselves. He threw the line in the stream with a yell.

“Bloody-!!â€

What I'd give to remember that heavenly state
Just a moment in time all mine to create.
As I'm taking my last breath I know what I'll see
There'll be green waves forever out there waiting for me.

(Secret Garden ~ Green waves)

Profile Quote
Rhowaín
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 27 Nov , 2005 9:14 pm

Find him they told him. Find him and bring him back. At once! No further explanation nor directions given. He could have gone anywhere! The young rider shook his head as he pressed his heels a bit deeper into his mount’s flank. The animal responded instantly to the touch. He was a captain well respected by his men though not so much by his superiors. But the men, they would have followed him anywhere.

“Then why did Bréhon not come back?â€

faithful.loyal.truthful

Profile Quote
Bréhon
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 28 Dec , 2005 10:10 pm

The setting sun cast a warm red light on the face of the man suddenly standing opposite of him.

“You look somewhat familiar... have I fought against you before?” Bréhon asked, a puzzled look on his face. “No? ... Fought with you then maybe? No? ... Got into a bet with you? ... Or are you the one whom I once dragged out of that bawdyhouse in Edoras, running late for a reconnaissance?"

The other rider so far had listened speechless, but now suddenly burst into laughter.

“What’s so funny?” Bréhon asked, having the impression the other man was jeering at him.

Rhowain heaved up his hands in defensive manner.

“With all due respect captain, but you are. I expected the rumours about your reputation to be just that…rumours. You just proved me wrong but don’t take offence sir, I am just here doing what they asked of me.”

“They? Who’s they? If they is them mugwumps from down there...” his head nodding into the Eastern direction, meaning Rohan’s authorities, “I’ve done what they wanted. So they now can back off for a while.”

The helplessness of the situation he was in almost made him loose his temper. Bréhon quickly turned his head away, now mumbling: “So that I can lick my wounds and then get on with it.”

A sigh followed and he started finishing the saddling of Nahar. Briefly he looked aside to the man still standing there. “Don’t mind me, you just caught me at a bad timing. So, do tell me, Rider,” the word being uttered in an interrogative manner even though he was almost sure, “what is so urgent that you were send after me? And what kind of ‘rumours’ is it that you have picked up about me?” A crooked grin followed.

“They would be them yes and they want you home. I wasn’t given a very informative briefing captain but apparently you didn’t return within the time they gave you.”

Rhowain frowned momentarily. They had used words like desertion but it was best not to upset him even more.

“Captain Bréhon, I really did not ask for this job but I don’t just come on behalf of the authorities, I was asked to pass this on. Your Eored needs you. Some have risked punishment refusing to serve under any command other than yours. Forget what I may have heard about you, your men are loyal to you.”

For minutes there hung a silence. It was Bréhon who at last broke it.

“Yes, yes they are,” he mumbled. “Very loyal. Thank you for passing this on. I don’t want them to get into trouble because of me. And as for me taking more time to get the job done, it was that or not getting the job done at all. I explained this to the King only last night, and those who were present in the Great Hall at that time. Who else thinks it’s their business what I do, or how I do it?” There were a few he could think of, that would just love the opportunity to stir.

He shrugged his shoulders. “Like I said sir, my briefing was very short and consited out of a few words only. I am sure the King has his reasons.”

“Ah well, then I’ll have to do it with that, I figure...” A sigh followed while Bréhon cast his gaze around to the darkening sky. “In about an hour we won’t be able to see much anymore. And if I’m not mistaking, there’s a storm coming. These mountains are tricky and dangerous enough already, without them getting slippery on top of everything else.” He mounted. They would have to camp in the open air on the mountain at one point, waiting for the light of dawn.

“I didn’ get your name,” Bréhon suddenly said.

“Rhowain, sir.”

“Rhowain,” he nodded. “Well, you obviously know mine already.”

Gently he spurred his horse that, with slow moves, started to descend the irregular slope. Almost as if the horse knew which place to spend the night crossed his master’s mind at that moment, the animal started to retrace his own steps he took earlier that day. Yet from the moment Bréhon felt in which direction his horse would take him, he sloftly pulled the reins. They changed course as the first thunder rumbled in the far distance. Bréhon looked over his shoulder to the lit up sky that seconds later was huddled into twilight again.

Not even a hurricane would drive Bréhon towards the guildhouse to seek for shelter!

What I'd give to remember that heavenly state
Just a moment in time all mine to create.
As I'm taking my last breath I know what I'll see
There'll be green waves forever out there waiting for me.

(Secret Garden ~ Green waves)

Profile Quote
Rhowaín
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 29 Dec , 2005 12:22 pm

Accompanied by thunder and lighting the two riders slowly tried to make their way over the mountain path. Rhowain’s knuckles turned white from holding on to the reigns and his eyes were hurting to see what lay ahead on this treacherous road. Nervously his horse neighed and shook her head. With each lightning bolt the horse halted and it took Rhowain a lot of force to get her to follow Bréhon Nahar.

“Come on girl.â€

faithful.loyal.truthful

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 16 Apr , 2006 1:39 pm

Much of the quiet conversation at the dinner table passed Kaya by. Her mind was elsewhere, and while Legyviel cut the roast, and Nin uncorked a dusty bottle red wine, she saw the endless night again. She walked under the cold stars, and while she took a sip of wine instead of feeling the warmth the liquer created inside, it was as if she felt the cold of Helcaraxë at last. Little did she know at that time Jae experienced the exact same. Even though the other elfess never had taken the path over the Grinding Ice, it was as if the freezing cold even krept through the layers of blankets she had covered herself with. She had not joined the others for dinner, and Crys now was on her way towards her with a bowl of steaming soup.

The reflection of light briefly caressed her eyes and Kaya looked up, expecting to see Caradil standing there, wielding his swords in complicated patterns and with incredible speed. Instead she saw Nin, and the candle light reflected once more on her fork. A sadness came over the Noldo, and she suddenly felt lonely in the house filled with old and new friends.

Seeking some comfort Kaya looked around and noticed Eari, who was munching quickly, as if she wanted to finish dinner as soon as possible. The peredhel still didn’t seem to be much at ease in her current company and environment and was completely focussed on the food in front of her. Kaya wondered what Eari’s answer would be tomorrow morning, and if her answer wouldn’t be made clear in the form of her absence.

She could have another conversation with her, tonight. She could try to get through to her, try to provide the right atmosphere for the peredhel to pour her heart out, even though she knew chances were little for that to ever happen. But even if she succeeded, would it do any good? She could only point towards some directions, yet in the end it was up to Eari to choose the path she wanted to take. Maybe this was something even Elessar himself did not understand yet and to her this was an enigma, knowing the different paths the King himself once had to choose from. Why ever would he have given her the order to guide Eari? She sighed inwardly. Some wounds maybe just weren’t meant to heal.

Then suddenly she saw two blue eyes looking into her direction as they once had, when he had spoken those words she never expected to hear him say again. If she already ever saw him again. Another quick sip from her glass was a fruitless attempt to distract her from these thoughts.
She noticed she had barely touched her food when Legyviel bent towards her and whispered if she didn’t like the food.

“No, no, it’s fine,” she quickly responded. “It’s just… I need air.”

She stood up hastily and pushed back her chair. With quick strides she hurried towards the door. She did not hear Crys’ equally hurried steps when she rushed down the stairs, calling Kaya’s name and then mentioning Jae’s with a slight panic in her voice. Kaya already had her hand on the doorknob and pinched her eyes in an effort to fight back the tears, when she suddenly lifted her head only seconds before the knock on the other side resounded.

She pulled the door open and first noticed Bréhon, his soaked appearance not looking half as miserable as the expression on his face. Then, at the point where he seemed to loose conciousness, she noticed the man Bréhon supported, and Bréhon adjusted his footing quickly to keep his balance with the other man now leaning heavily on him.
If even for a split second Kaya had thought this to be Eoden, fooled by the equally blond hair, she was brought back into reality really quickly by the words:

“This is Rhowain. Kaya, he’s hurt… Whatever has happened in the past… can we come in? Please…”

Without hesitation the Noldo nodded and stepped aside so Bréhon and his comrade could walk into the warmth of the common room. One last glance outside, towards the darkened sky, then Kaya quickly closed the door to shut the fury of the elements out.

When she turned around and noticed the others and the way they glanced at the newcomers, or at least at one of them, she knew that might have been a futile attempt. She was in no mood for a discussion about Bréhon’s presence though, and neither would she tolerate one.

Then her eyes met Crys’.

~~~~

OOC - Ah com'on folks, it's spring, dust off those muses and let us start the party once more. :D

Profile Quote
Rhowaín
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 17 Apr , 2006 10:21 am

Bréhon hoisted the sound arm a bit further around his shoulder so he could drag Rhowain out of the cold night and into the warm house. He dumped his heavy cargo on a nearby sofa where Rhowain sank back into the pillow gripping his shoulder.

"I am sure this wasn't in the job description. Must have missed the fine prints."

The captain wordlessly stepped back whiping his wet hair out of his face and stood uneasy. A small puddle began to form around his boots. Apparently the two had crashed some sort of dinner party and the other guests had hurriedly risen. He could sense tension here but his pulsing shoulder demanded his attention. Rhowain turned his head towards that unearthly creature that had opened the door for them. The way the other guests looked at her she had to have some sort of authority here.

"Pray, you don't happen to have any threads and needles do you? Leaving this open and bare for too long won't help healing it."

A glance was exchanged between her and the others before she gave a tiny nod "Certainly we do." she spoke silently and without turning said "Legyviel, if you could fetch Crys her needle case."

"Much appreciated." Rhowain grunted as he sat up straighter and tried to determind the damage done. Piece of clothing seem etched into the skin itself. "It will need cleaning first." Yes so it would. With a heavy sigh he began to pick at the blackened pieces of cloth but soon got told of by someone who seemed to resonate wisdom with a snappy "Stop that this instant!" He immediately stopped and lowered his eyes "I would think they'd teach riders a thing or two about wounds and infections." The last remark had been more aimed at the captain than at the injured rider who had by now lowered his hand and mumbled and apology to the lady who seemed to tower over him with hands firmly planted in her sides.

"I'll clean it." The authorial lady said and returned with a glass bottle. The label was torn and indiscernible but the smell when the cork came undone was unmistaken. “I prefer some spirits down my throat. It’s such a waste to just pour it all do-oahhh!”

Without warning the unearthly creature with dark green eyes had dumped a fair amount on a piece of cloth some other white haired woman (white hair on a woman that looked still so young? Where had the captain brought him? ) had brought to her who then had taken a few steps back to observe.With a firm grip she pressed the now drenched cloth against his shoulder.

“A warning would have been nice.” he mumbled through his teeth. The stings of the alcohol were uncomfortable but not uncomfortable enough to refrain Rhowain from enquiring after certain things.

“What’s her problem then?” and he nudged his head in The wise lady’s direction who still seemed to glare.

OOC-
Count on me ;)

faithful.loyal.truthful

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 17 Apr , 2006 4:38 pm

“I think I can guess. You shouldn’t let it be of your concern though.”

In the mean time, Kaya wondered what was the matter with herself. Riders… nothing but trouble they brought. Alright, that wasn’t an entirely fair observation. But still, the ones she had met seemed to have brought an equal amount of trouble as of fortune with them. Why couldn’t they ever just be… average? Act normal? Just hop in for a friendly visit now and then instead of only coming around when they were in need, to then disappear again for months without word, until they were in need once more? Just like now. Drenched, wounded and with that puppylike look in their eyes; She even had offered to help at their first whimper'
Kaya sighed, and when she had made sure no remainders of fabric and dirt were left she looked up to the others.

“Can anyone of you finish this? For I cannot…” Elegantly she rose to her feet, and then she hurried towards the kitchen. Just to get away. Caught, she felt. Caught in a web from which she could not escape. If only she could turn back the time to that same morning, she now would quickly start packing her travel pack and would leave, for a destiny as much unknown as the period she wanted to retreat. Maybe, if Eari refused her training, then it wasn’t such a bad idea to do just that.

The creacking of the floorboards behind her instantly made her look over her shoulder.

“I’m sorry about the unexpected visit,” Bréhon mumbled apologetically when he saw her frowned brow.

“It isn’t that unexpected,” Kaya answered. “I expected to see you again before too long, after your short stay of this morning.”

“Legyviel told ya?”

“No, she didn’t. I didn’t even know she had seen you. You just made a whole lot of noise walking up and down the back hallway.”

Bréhon mumbled something Rohirric. “We won’t be of unconvience any longer than necessary, I promise. As soon as Rhowain can travel again, we’ll leave… If that’s okay with you and the others…”

“You used to be a frequent visitor of this house here, even though it was quite a while ago. As a matter of fact, you were one of its first visitors. I do remember the boy, covered in blood, and I see he has grown into a man. But I wish I somehow understood what drives him, what his reasons are. And those of the rest of his kin for that matter.” She lowered her head for a moment, before she continued: “I can’t speak for the others that are present here, but as far as I’m concerned-“

“Kaya!” Legyviel’s voice resounded suddenly.

“Excuse me,” she mumbled hastily. When she passed him by, the fabrics of her long silken coat rustling with every step, he stopped her by grabbing her sleeve. “Jae… Have you heard news from her? I just returned yesterday. I have no idea where to go look for her. So I first came over here, hoping… But I see she is not present here. If you have any idea of her whereabouts, I beg you to tell me.” The look in Kaya’s eyes turned cold made him hesitant to continue and the silence that followed was painful.
“If you can’t do it for me, then maybe you could consider doing it for the boy, covered in blood. He maybe has grown a man, but he never really could leave his past behind… I knew what strings I would cut by leaving so suddenly. I do not expect her to forgive me. But please, let her be the judge about that.”

“I’ll think about it,” the Noldo said while pulling her sleeve from his grip. With quick strides she walked back into the common room, leaving Bréhon behind in the emptyness of the kitchen.

For Lord and Land… He quickly wiped away a tear, even though he should have no fear anyone would distinguish it from the raindrops still dripping from him.

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 17 Apr , 2006 7:34 pm
citoyenne du monde

Whatever was said during dinner, she heard no word of it; maybe someone even tried to talk to her, but for some reason her ears were buzzing. She focused on her food; not that she was hungry - actually she was not at all - but she felt already uncomfortable enough to add to the weird atmosphere with not honouring the meal that had been prepared. Not really for her but still.

There were so many things she had to consider before the end of this night; and she still was not sure she had the strength to make the choice. Was there even right choice in this? She could almost swear that the Noldo was not accepting with joy; after all she was apparently preventing her from doing something she had meant to do for a while, whatever those books had been for. Could she do that? Prevent yet again someone from being happy.

She only seemed to return the world when there was a commotion; two men, Rohirrim obviously entered the place, one of them wounded. The other, she had already seen him, and she would see nothing in his eyes but anger and fear. She was not to stay here another second. The others would look after him; she was not needed. And she had some things to decide; the fresh air of the night would help her better than a room busing with healers. She made her way to the door and escaped the crowded place, though she knew she would not escape the guildhouse for now, nor its memory.

At least she could be pretty sure that should she choose to leave, no one would try to stop her.

Transcending Order

Because I knew you,

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 4  [ 69 posts ]
Return to “Literary Rambles: There & Back Again...” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »