The Last Homely Site on the Web

Legolas in the Blue Kingdom, Chapters 4 and 5

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
vison
Post subject: Legolas in the Blue Kingdom, Chapters 4 and 5
Posted: Tue 11 Oct , 2005 9:41 pm
Best friends forever

Legolas in the Blue Kingdom, Chapter 4:

From the journal of Legolas Greenleaf…………..

We untied two of the Ropes and the Men remaining on the South side drew them back. They untied the third Rope on that side and I drew it over and coiled it and hung it over my Shoulder. Should we return this way, we will need a Bridge to regain the South road.

The entrance opened into a large Cavern and when our eyes became adjusted to the dim Light, after the bright Day outside, we could see that it was only a Cavern, earthen floored. There were no marks on the Floor, no Sign that anyone had ever passed that Way, the dust was deep and soft. The Cavern narrowed and became a Tunnel, and it was plain to see that the Tunnel had been shaped by something other than Nature, the Walls were cut and the Rock dressed with some care. There was no moisture, no sound of dripping Water, and the Air was cool and quite Fresh.

We had walked on for the space of about an Hour, in silence, going ahead by the flickering Light of a makeshift Torch, when we came upon another Cavern, a widening of the Tunnel. Benches had been cut into the Rock, and there were faint traces of a Hearth in the middle of the Floor. We were not yet ready to eat, but I judged it a good Place to pause, and talk to the Men.

“I am relieved somewhat,â€

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “Literary Rambles: There & Back Again...”
Jump to: