Legolas in the Blue Kingdom, Chapters 8 and 9

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
vison
Post subject: Legolas in the Blue Kingdom, Chapters 8 and 9
Posted: Sun 23 Oct , 2005 5:41 pm
Best friends forever

Chapter 8:

from Legolas…………………………

We were shown to a comfortable Guesthouse near to the Lord’s dwelling. An Elf woman, Arwela, showed us to bedrooms and most welcome, a Bath house. We bathed and shaved, and when we came to Dress, we found that our soiled Gear had been taken away, and soft Robes were provided. Our Arms were lying as we had placed them, to Sergeant Daeron’s relief. He had half-jokingly suggested that our Swords and Knives and Bows might be made away with while we Bathed, but of course, such was not the Case. We were called to Dinner by the sound of a Bell.

Lady Alanta met us at the door of her father’s House. She was more beautiful than before, dressed in a Green robe and wearing Truesilver chains. She rested her hand on my arm as we went in, and I breathed the sweet Fragrance of her Hair. Before we Dined we met the Lady Nienna. She is a gracious and beautiful Lady, thinner than is the usual wont of an Elf woman, and with some Fear or Care lying on her Heart. When I took her hand in Greeting, I could not but feel the rapid Pulse of her Blood, and when her Eyes met mine I saw again a look so Anxious it troubled me. However, she smiled and spoke words of Welcome to both me and the Men, and during the Meal she chatted easily with Sergeant Axelder and Captain Roland in particular. The conversation over our food was desultory and did not go beyond discussion of the Weather and the beauty of the Vale known as the Blue Kingdom.

I noticed, as did the Men, that Lord Luinil caused his Wine to flow very freely and I was relieved to see that the Men drank little. If Lord Luinil had thought to make them Drunk, his plan did not succeed, but it was one more Cause on my Part to regard him with some Unease. Yet even while I thought of it, I was ready to see that he was merely trying to use any method to learn Who we were and Where we came from, although I thought he ought to try Asking before trying to muddle our Wits with Wine.

Dinner over and the Covers removed, I knew we were in for an Interrogation, but it did not Begin as I had imagined it would, with questions as to how we had entered his Kingdom.

“My daughter,â€

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “Literary Rambles: There & Back Again...”
Jump to: