The Last Homely Site on the Web

Legolas and the Blue Kingdom, Chapters 12 and 13

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
vison
Post subject: Legolas and the Blue Kingdom, Chapters 12 and 13
Posted: Wed 23 Nov , 2005 10:20 pm
Best friends forever

Chapter 12

Five Istari there were, sent to Middle Earth to aid in the Defeat of Sauron. Radagast wandered off, his subtle mind engaged in the studies of Beasts. It may be that he was of some Use, but if so, it was Unwitting; he committed neither Good nor Evil. He sits now with the Queen of Gondor and waits for a ship that can sail the straight road to the Uttermost West. Curunir, that Men called Saruman, fell into Evil and, spurning redemption, died indeed from this Life. Only Mithrandir, good Gandalf the Grey, undertook the Labour he was sent for and was a great force for Good in the downfall of the Dark Lord. He has left Middle Earth for the Blessed Realm, and I have heard that one of his last concerns was the Fate of his vanished Brothers Pallando and Alatar.

Each Wizard had his colour. Radagast is Brown, Saruman began as White (and fell into No Colour), Gandalf was Grey. Alatar and Pallando were Blue. Alatar the Blue of the Sea, Pallando the deep Blue of the Evening sky, and both passed out of ken long years ago. In the ensuing years and the struggles of Middle Earth against the rise of the Dark Lord Sauron, I think there was little care for what might have happened to them. Yet when the Owl began to visit me, and I saw that Blue cloth, old Tales and Legends were recalled to my Mind. I remembered that the Owl was peculiar to Pallando, and that he was Blue. Some had said that these two Istari might too, like Saruman, have fallen. Some wondered if they became fascinated in nets of their own Weaving and became Sorcerers, and ensnarers of Men.

No one, I think, imagined that a Wizard could himself be Ensnared, could have his Powers stolen, and be rendered Helpless...........

“Greetings, Pallando,â€

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Nov , 2005 11:47 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

<huffily>

Okay. I rescind my butt-kickin' threat.

;)

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote