The Last Homely Site on the Web

Legolas and the Blue Kingdom, Chapters 14 and 15

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
vison
Post subject: Legolas and the Blue Kingdom, Chapters 14 and 15
Posted: Sun 04 Dec , 2005 1:31 am
Best friends forever

Chapter 14:
The morning of April 13, in the Blue Kingdom.......Captain Roland.....

This was the first morning I was allowed to sit up for a little time. The Lady Nienna herself fed me some Chicken broth, not letting me move my Arm for fear I would open the wound on my chest. She stitched it last night, when she was sure that there was no Infection lingering, and it is very odd that the little Pain of her needle was worse than the Stabbing itself! She has stitched it with a thread made of Spider Webs, of all things, which is new Medicine to me. She told me that it is an old notion, to gather Spider Webs to lay upon a cut or burn, and she has used this Thread before, gently spinning the Webs into thread in her own deft fingers. Nothing less like a Spider can be imagined than this lovely Elf Lady, but I do trust her Healing Arts!

The Lord Luinil came in while I was supping the broth, and he tried very hard to be affable, but it was an effort, and it showed. He suggested that the Lady need not perform this task, that surely some Servant could be spared to it, but she pursed her lips and did not answer him. I guess he saw that I was looking at him, so he managed a kind of smile and said I looked to be doing very well. He is always uneasy, and it frets me.

The Lady insisted I lie down again, and I confess I felt light-headed and weak after such a small exertion. “You lost a great deal of Blood,â€

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Dec , 2005 2:48 am
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Ahhh, thank you, dear! I really needed this right now. :)

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 05 Dec , 2005 3:54 am
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

:whistle: I'm ready for the next installment!

(This is really good, btw, and a much needed diversion. :) )

Thank you! I know it's a pain for you to edit the quotes and stuff, but I'm really enjoying this.

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “Literary Rambles: There & Back Again...”
Jump to: