The Last Homely Site on the Web

Legolas and the Blue Kingdom, Chapters 18 and 19

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
vison
Post subject: Legolas and the Blue Kingdom, Chapters 18 and 19
Posted: Tue 31 Jan , 2006 5:31 am
Best friends forever

Legolas, Chapter #18

……..Legolas dines with Lady Alanta…………..April 14……..

Lady Nienna did not dine with her daughter and me. Lady Alanta and I took our plates to a small table near the hearth and ate quite informally, which was Pleasant. The evening was chilly, rain had come on with the darkness, and we had a cheerful little fire to warm our toes. Lady Alanta said only that she thought her mother was with Lord Luinil, and that some problem had arisen that only they two could deal with. She was merry and unconcerned. When I asked her why it had been necessary for her to go on Patrol, I asked the question as Casually as I could, as if it was not important to me. She answered with some constraint that there had been some fear of Intruders, but that none had been found.

Now, was she lying? I think not. I think her father had sent her out, to get her out of the way, and that the strange Man I had seen was the reason. Had he brought hither the Men and horses we had left beside the Chasm? How? Why? I sat with that lovely Maiden and my thoughts were turmoil. I wished I could speak Frankly to her, and I wished that she might actually be able to tell me Something.

However, it was not to be. We whiled away several hours playing a board Game, one very much like the Game that Duke Askelon taught me to play in Minas Tirith last winter. Lady Alanta plays with much Skill, but she is reckless with her game Pieces. She often wins, but at terrible Cost.

I went up to Captain Roland and I could see at once that he was out of frame. His dinner sat uneaten upon the table by his Bed, and he lay watching the door with anxious Eyes. I saw him Relax when he saw me, but I do not think it was me he was waiting for.

“You are troubled,â€

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 01 Feb , 2006 5:08 am
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Thank you!!!!! Can't wait to read it! :)

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “Literary Rambles: There & Back Again...”
Jump to: