board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Harry Potter, book 7 (you better believe spoilers)

Post Reply   Page 7 of 7  [ 127 posts ]
Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 7
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 10 Aug , 2007 3:53 pm
Everything Is Numb

I just read it yesterday. I enjoyed it. I also thought Snape's death was the most tragic. Snape asking Harry to look at him one more time as he dies so he can see those green eyes again... :bawl: . I was pretty much positive that Snape was a good guy from book one on. I also knew Harry was the last horcrux. I thought that was very obvious. ;) I loved Fred saying on "Potterverse" that Voldemort could move as quickly as Snape confronted with shampoo when he needed to! LMAO! One of the very few LOL moments for me in the book.

Overall I think that Harry Potter is a very enjoyable series, though it certainly isn't my favorite series. I think there is much better written stuff out there, even for children. In fact I have never reread any Harry Potter book, though I may one day now that it is all over. Snape is certainly the stand out character in the series in my opinion even though I am not a fangirl or his (that honor belongs to Lupin ;) ). I never felt much for any other of the characters, not even Dumbledore or Harry. Though I did enjoy reading about them. I thought that Voldemort was a very predictable villian and there were never any surprises about him from like the second book on.

I think where Rowling's talent lies is not so much in character or plot really, but in world building. The wizard's world is awesomely realized and I always loved all the little wonderful surprises she put in it and showed us and Harry. I think I loved the Weasly's look into the magical world the best. Just an everyday average wizard family and yet what a family it was! I always loved all the times Harry spent there.

So now that the series is over my opinion is that it was an enjoyable ride, very funny at times and almost always magical and wonderous. As for plot and characters, I found them not as developed as the ones from my favorite stories. I also think that Harry Potter is way over hyped. In my opinion it's not worth the hype, but I don't think they are bad stories either. I wouldn't have stuck through them to the end if I had though that. Over all I would say Snape and a look into a wonderous and magical world is what made these books.

~Sid

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 19 Sep , 2007 6:59 pm

I was wrong about Harry being a horucrux.

I wish she had given a more immediate aftermath epilogue. I'd love to find out if Umbrige got punished for her rather enthusiastic cooperation with Voldemort's regime.

I did like how it was Harry's kindness to Draco that saved Harry's life when Narcissa asked if Draco was still alive. While Voldemort was unable to kill Harry, there was no magical reason someone else couldn't have. Or Voldemort could have simply used a very large rock, but he wouldn't "dirty" himself with non-magical means.

It is a myth that coercion is necessary in order to force people to get along together, but it is a persistent myth because it feeds a desire many people have. That desire is to be able to justify hurting people who have done nothing other than offend them in some way.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue Feb 30, 2026 13:61 am; edited 426 times in total

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 19 Sep , 2007 8:48 pm

Cenedril_Gildinaur wrote:
Or Voldemort could have simply used a very large rock...
I'm sorry, but: :LMAO:.

He should have thought of that...

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 24 Sep , 2007 8:14 pm

Just read the interview. It is good that Umbrige goes to jail.

It is a myth that coercion is necessary in order to force people to get along together, but it is a persistent myth because it feeds a desire many people have. That desire is to be able to justify hurting people who have done nothing other than offend them in some way.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue Feb 30, 2026 13:61 am; edited 426 times in total

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Sep , 2007 3:04 pm
A song outlasts a dynasty.

I read it again last week end.

Very dissapointed at lack of closure... :rage:

Sleep is a death; Oh, make me try by sleeping what it is to die.

Profile Quote
Jude
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Sep , 2007 3:06 pm
Aspiring to heresy

Really? What closure did you miss?

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Sep , 2007 7:12 pm
A song outlasts a dynasty.

What is everyone doing? Who's who in te ministry, at Hogwarts? Did they keep the same Governmental format or change it? How are things going internationally? How were the baddies dealt with? How did they get rid of the millions of Dementors lying around? How many people like Molly are still around?

All I know is that Neville is Herbology Professor, and Harry doesn't do anything that would make him famouser!

Sleep is a death; Oh, make me try by sleeping what it is to die.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 7 of 7  [ 127 posts ]
Return to “Literary Rambles: There & Back Again...” | Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 7
Jump to: