Hijack thread - home to the muses

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
*Alandriel*
Post subject: Hijack thread - home to the muses
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 11:57 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

Alandriel knocks on the door.

A muffled "hhmmm?" is heard from within. Nothing further. All is silent again. Well not exactly silent. That already might be the first glimmers of hope. Click… click… tap rap tap.. tappeti tap …..click… clickety click

:roll:

The fiery headed ranger sighed but then her jaw set. Today she won't take 'go away' for an answer. No! Not today. This had gone on long enough! She knocked again and then turned the handle silently.

"What?" came the irritated answer wedged in between more tap-rap-taps. "I'm busy….go…"

"Oh, no M! Not this time." Alandriel wraped her long fingered hand around the beige contraption that exerted such power over M and began to pull.

"Hey! Give me back the mouse."

"That is a mouse? It's got a tail of sorts, but it certainly does not have….."

"Oh never mind… just give it back." M's annoyed look by now had turned into a glare. "I've got stuff to do. I'm busy! Don't you get it??"

Alandriel, still contemplating the strange object voiced: "You're so selfish you know….."

The temperature in the small, cluttered room suddenly seemed to peak. The ranger just smiles but then her face turned stern as she faced M:

"You've neglected us."

"You and ten million other things. I really don't need this….besides… just who is 'us'? You and that straw-head Eoden? Haven't seen a sign of him in months."

"He's left. You've driven him away… over this mouse thing and your obsession with politics. I'm the only one that's left – Elf Hunter is turning circles somewhere over Himling. Him, however, I'm not concerned with. He's got all eternity. I and many others don't! This affliction of yours is spreading. And fast."

"What is?"

"This disease…. this evilness, this obsession. What you call real-life. It's affected ALL the muses. You should see who's piled up in the living room over the past months. Refugees, every single one of them. And I'm sick and tired of trying to cope with them all; keeping them fed and amused… keeping the Gondorians from strangling the Southrons, the dragon her her brood from eating the Hobbits…. "

"In the living room?"

"Yeah! You haven't really been there in ages, have you? We've had some fun laughing over your collection of histories – Avalon, Earthsea, Andor and Tear… all but mere shadows compared to Middle Earth. The Hobbits had a blast stripping your excuse of a 'forest' – what notion anyway! To bring trees into a dwelling. As if there are not enough outside… but then again, when's the last time you've been in the wild? - anyway, they had a great time exploring new ways of making pipe weed. We've grown so bored we've even retorted to sharpening your collection of blades and in order to stay fit, we even had to retort to warring with the dust-bunnies….

"The dreaded dust-bunnies?!?!" :Q

"I make you a deal – if you promise to wrap up whatever it is you have to wrap up…."

"You know it's not that easy!"

"Yeah :roll: I'm only too aware of it. However, I'll leave you alone IF you let me set up shop."

"Set up shop?"

"After all these years…. and you still don't trust me?"

"Ermmm….." :oops:

"Precicely! So – you get on with it and you let me do the same."

"Erm…. OK. ……. And you'll let me finish things in peace? And promise not to sneak into my thoughts anymore… not even into my dreams?"

"You have my word!" Alandriel's fingers relaxed their clasp and she held out the 'trophy'.

M snatched the mouse back quickly, knowing that the ranger might change her mind all too soon again. After all, did she really need to know….? One look into the ranger's eyes and her mind was made up.

"It's a deal then." M's gaze shifted already back to the bright screen, the mouse securely back on its blue pad. "Now let me get back to ….."

"I'm already gone…." Alandriel's voice echoed back from the corridor.

A few hours later, a massive, tent-like structure had sprung up outside M's living room, spilling over into the courtyard beyond. Inside all was bustling with activity. Alandriel sat crosslegged on a pile of pillows pilfered from said living room, balancing a note-pad and scribbling furiously.

"Not so fast! One at a time. Each one of you will get a turn. We'll find a writer for all of you that can try you out. What? Picky now? Come on folks! Beggar's can't be choosers, besides, I just know that some of the writers out there have always wanted to 'short-lease' someone they've never worked before.

Next!

Name and stats."

"Ovata, Southron, 170pounds, 5'9", long black hair to the waist in braids. Stop staring at my tattoo and lip ring!"

"Sorry, but it's not every day one sees a diamond shaped mark carved all across a face. Continue please."

"The scar is a symbol of spiritual power amongst my people in Southern Khand. Me and my two brothers were supposed to marry the high priestess of my tribe. Never knew what came of that…."

"No worries – with a bit of luck we might find someone for you. Next!"

"Parnelion Seya aka Windspeaker, son of a wealthy priestess and a warlord, Eastron Bard (glares after the retreating Ovata), 5'2, long black braided pony tail accentuates receding black hair. Rely on my witts to win and am a brilliant orator blessed with a rich lyrical voice."

"Thank you. Any hang-ups?

"There's a warrant out for my arrest."

"Never mind. I'm sure someone will sort that out for ya. Next!"

"Baranor, Dúnedain from the province of Lossarnach. Now forced into retirement in the upper Erui Valley. My joints will go stiff if I don't get a job soon…."

"You might be a bit.. erm…well, frankly… to old. Writers these days only go for the young and vigorous and good looking you know. But, " Alandriel flashed a smile, "we'll try out best, aye? Next!"

"Deor, Rohirrim male."

"Can you massage? At some point I remember there being a distinct shortage of….." Deor glares back. "Oh never mind then. Stats?

Oh come on! Don't be offended now. These are desperate times.
Alright then…. have it your way."
Alandriel notes down the usual Rohan stats. "Next!"

"Farahil" comes an shy reply.
Alandriel's eyes soften as she takes in the wide-eyed youngster, his round face topped with a mop of sandy brown hair. "You're of mixed Dúnedain blood," she observes. "I am. That's why my dad thought it best to hide my away in a tailor's shop in Minas Tirith. But I so like to tell stories and I sing. I'm rather good at it you know.. and one day I'll be a famous bard."

Alandriel smiled noting down all the details. "You'll get your chance. Next!"

"Lothuial, archer from Dol Amroth."

At the ring of the young woman's voice Alandriel looked up, incredulous. "Archer?"

"Archer!" Lothuial insists. "The made me study herb lore and all that while my brother got all the shooting practise. But I slipped away to the woods when they thought I was herb gathering. Then one day, thinking my father would be proud and approved, I demonstrated my skills. He cast me out. And now I'm forbidden on pain of death to ever go back to my home."

"Ay, ay, ay. Families adhering strictly to traditions can be a real pain. But take heart young woman. Perhaps someone will take you on. Next!"

;)

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Feb , 2005 9:44 am
I can't count but I'm cute

“How does she dare! Throwing us out like that! After all we’ve been through!I swear we should…. “ as the rant continued the higher pitched the voice of the woman became. The young man next to her rolled his eyes and shook his head and was tempted to leave the louder growing elf maiden. “..I should march right back in there and tell her I cannot condon her attitude any longer! She has obligations to us!!!”

The ally-way café was empty apart from some locals having their daily talk. The group had silently come in apart from the raging elf maid (who still didn’t seem to have finished) and took one of the wiggly tables where they could discuss in private.

“Jaeniver could you please, please for one tiiiiny second shut your mouth. You’re not making this easier. She’s just busy. You know what it’s like. She’s been stressing out over exams or whatever since november! And with your constant dissaproval it was bound to happen sooner or later. Just wish it hadn’t been winter.” The Rohirrim sighed deeply and looked down at his thin shirt. Why did he always get dressed up like this? In the middle of winter for Eorl’s sake. He’d never understand. The elf who sat across from him give him a glare and folded her arms.

“What’s taking that snake so long anyway? He should be here by now.” She said with a miffed voice. She hadn’t uttered the last word when an in dark blue clad haradrim slit through the ajared door. The tanned face showed a smug grin as he triumphantically held up a small card. “Here it is, oh immortal pain-in-the-behind and beast man, our ticket to new adventures and beyond!”

The two others stared at him for a moment and with a frown the rider placed down his cup. Tea wasn’t what he needed in a situation like this but oh well. “Yes…..”

Silence.

“What I meant was Amir, care to elaborate on how *that*..” and he pointed at the small card with curly handwriting. “..is going to be our rescue?”

The Haradrim’s eye lit up as he leaned forward a little and dropped his voice to a secretative whisper. “Spend less time with beasts Rhowaín and you would have known. It’s been buzzing about the streets for days. “

“Just get on with it.” Rhowaín remarked sharply feeling more and more annoyed with the man. What was he thinking taking him along. He should have left him with the rest of the less used. They should be wandering around somewhere.

A grin exposed pearl white teeth “Fine fine, keep your hooves on. This my friend, is the card to a rescue project: home for the muses. Just sign up, wait for a bit and voila! You’ll back in Middle Earth in no time. “

“And what makes you so sure. How do we know it’s not one of your deceitful plans. “ The elf leaned back eyeing Amir with great distrust. “Because..” Here the Haradrim let out a great sigh “…Everyone knows about the plans. Go and ask anyone. Now if you don’t trust me then trust the card.”and he placed the creamy card on the table.

Home for the Muses
Feeling rather abandonned? in desperate need for a new pair of hand to write you?
Despair no more! Sign up now and ride off to new adventures ahead!
Alandriel shall take your stats gladly and see to a fitting writer to work with.

Disclaimer: sign up at own risc. No claims possible when writer is unsatisfying.

Downing the last of his tea Rowain gathered his few belongings. “Well come on that. Lets get a move on. It’s worth a shot, what could be worse then being unemployed?” The others nodded in agreement and all three left the ally-way café to find this home for muses.

A tent marked that they were indeed in the right place. People were bustling about talking about the failing interest their writers had these days, or about more light hearted things as their current adventures. A group of Gondorian men were more then eager to display a crash course sword fighting for a group of young Hobbits who were, while watching, passing out Longbottom Leaf to some Elves. Every now and then a loud “Next!” would be heard and the line of people that were queueing outside the said tent move a little in the direction of the house’s entrance.

“Nothing to do but stand in line and wait our turn I think. “ Rhowain muttered more to himself but the elf already dragged him to the line before a pair of ranger could sneak infront.

“Next!!”

Again the line moved a little. Amir let out a disdainful snif. There is no discipline here. Lower people would have their stats taken before him! The prince of thieves! It was a thing unheard of. No he would find a quicker way to get in and right now, the open window would suffice.
He flashed another grin as he silently left the other two and as subtle as a cat crept into the living room where he emerged into a shadowy corner. There, in the middle of the room sat a red haird woman furiously scribbeling with a stack of parchment next to her on each side. She looked flushed but determind to continue. Amir narrowed his eyes to await the propoer opportunity. Let the annoying elf maid and righteous rider await their turn outside. It would take them hours if not at least a day. He had to opress a chuckle and fixed his dark eyes back on the ranger.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Feb , 2005 6:40 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

"And you are?" The red headed Ranger looked up from her scribblings while her right hand automatically dipped into the inkpot.

"Amir, Haradim also known as prince of thieves," the dark-skinned man voiced, his grin clearly indicating how please he was with that.

"You're not saying.... prince of thieves, aye? And just what earned you that splendid description may I ask?"

Alandriel's eyes momentarily locked with those of the Southron but as he shifted his stance she took in just who it was that stood behind him.

"Jaeniver!" she exclaimed incredulous, ignoring the 'just a minute missy, this is my turn first' from the man who clamoured for his right to be heard. "What in Eru's name has brought you here?"

~~~~~~

OCC: great to see ya jumping in :mrgreen:

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Feb , 2005 7:24 pm

The line moved quicker then expected and now the elf and rider stood in the hallway, the latter leaning against the wall fiddeling with the laces of his shirt in bordom.

Suddenly a voice rang out and the elf nearly jumped. Curiously searching she soon found the person responsible for the heartattack. It was Alandriel. Quickly she hastened forward ignoring a man who gave her a dissaproving look for making him wait even longer.

"What in Eru's name has brought you here?"

Jae took a deep breath and made a helpless gesture with her arms. “What each and everyone of us brought here. Lack of writers.”

“Let me guess. To busy working?” The ranger nudged in the direction of the door behind which M was still emerged in her own world.

“No not necessarily working. Just being a mess of emotions. When I feel happy she’s forcing me into these dark corners even he..” and she wavered at Amir “..wouldn’t want to be. It’s just not fair!” she concluded with sigh and looked up helplessly at Alandriel. “Oh that reminds me you need to be introduced this here is Amir, scum of whatnot. A not much used one, or as I call it a work in progress.” And she winked meaningfully at the redhead. “That one over there is Rhowaín. A rider as they all are only strangely enough this one seems to have manners and morals.”Rhowaín lifted a hand and gave a short nod with his head at the introduction.

“Have you seen anyone else?” A hopeful spark appeared in her eyes. Her writer’s condition had kept her from more then happy thoughts. “Ah who am I even kidding. So tell me why you? Why this? Don’t get me wrong it never came at a better time.”

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 9:30 am

“Hurry up.”

“Hmm?” The tanned man, disturbed in his daydreaming, shifted his gaze towards the bright eyes he had been avoiding to look into as much as possible ever since the elf had approached him, now days ago. The fact that she seemed to see much more in the mirrors of his soul than he would ever reveal did make him feel more than just a bit uncomfortable. Now she sat opposite him, absent-minded playing with her empty goblet. Her pale skin contrasted sharply with her dark hair that cascaded lustrously over her night blue cloak. Still… elf! He snorted inwardly for his bad luck.

The circumstances were not to Kaya’s liking either. Nor was the fact that, of her partners in adversity, it was the Corsair she had encountered first where she had hoped to run into Bréhon first. But the Rohirrim seemed to have vanished into thin air. Not even in the pubs where he used to hang out regularly had they heard of him since a few long months. Their sales of dark beer had decreased spectacularly, they had whispered confidentially. So if she would run into him…
She had nodded, knowing that if she ran into Bréhon the sales of beer would not be the first issue she would bring up for discussion. But alas, instead of the dark haired Rider it had been the Black Númenórean who had crossed her path. While she watched the Sailor it became more and more unclear to her how it was possible that one of his likes originated from the same mind as she.

“We should hurry up, Corsair,” Kaya tried to bring Arunakhôr in motion once more. “Not much time is left for us. We should, by all means, find her before it is too late… before we pass into oblivion for no one to remember us.”

Arunakhôr snorted while he leaned closer, his fingers tight around the glass filled with rum. “No one to remember me? I think that’s very unlikely, elf,” he whispered, stressing the last word as if it were a curse. “There is many an event in history where I had a hand in. More than a hand, even,” he continued with a rising haughtiness that was so characteristically for his kin. In some circumstances time didn’t seem to have told a whole lot to this sea rat.

The elf leaned closer towards him, a mixture of puzzlement and mockery sparkling in her emerald eyes. “Oh, and why would anyone remember you, Arunakhôr? Lengthy may your time spent in Middle-earth be, but I have yet to come across your name in connection to any event, may it be a great deed or an event less known to mankind for it lacked the name of a hero… or scapegoat.”

“Ye think I’ve never roamed under different names?!” Arunakhôr exclaimed a little too loud.

“I did not say that. I simply pointed you to the fact that your real name – even though maybe notorious in Umbar and surroundings - is not connected to any deed worth making it into the history books that, centuries from now, will still be studied by the children in school.”

He gritted his teeth, his dark eyes sparkling but without warmth. He didn’t feel obligated at all to defend himself towards this creature even though there were a few stories he could tell, that would be enough to silence her if only for a little while. But so many times had he changed his ways since they had occurred that – indeed – it seemed as if it were another man who had executed those deeds. “Looks like I’ll have to change me ways quickly then, giving people a real reason to remember me,” he stated wryly.

“There is little chance to that as long as we don’t find our writer. You know about the pact she made. If she disappears into the shadow-land, we will follow.”

He grumbled, he nodded. “Aye, I know about that alright. Should have read the small print before I signed that contract she shoved under me nose.”

“Good! Then let us start moving, shall we?” She rose to her feet and walked in the direction of the pub’s exit, where she waited for the Corsair. He looked at her with an arched brow and rolled his eyes when the elf slipped by him as he opened the heavy door.

The sailor took a deep breath, breathing in the chilled winter’s air. There was still a faint hint of salt in the air, but it was not enough to make him feel safe – close to what was familiar. In fact it had been long since he had gone inland this far. And that because – of all creatures – and elf had summoned him. Of course, she was no stranger to him. Nor was that Rider they still hadn’t encountered on their path. But he bloody well wished they were! One who puts his life in the hands of an animal was not one he’d choose to spend time with out of free will, nor wanted to be connected to. Nor was an elf. Yet circumstances had brought them together, and the need was high for them to join forces. So they had come to some sort of agreement, a truce.

“Now, if what you said earlier was spoken in truth, you have seen her not so long ago. Am I correct?”

“I’ve seen her alright, the little-“ A stern look from the elf’s bright eyes made Arunakhôr swallow the rest of his words quickly. “Yeah, I’ve seen her.” He now sighed. “Not a meeting I care to remember, I can assure ye. It was more like she was giving me the third degree. Wanted to know this and that concerning bygone days of me life… She even started asking question about me grandparents.”

“And?” The elf looked back while she took her first steps into the street.

“And what? And nothing. She took notes. She even took some bloody pictures of me mug. Then she took off again and I haven’t heard from her since.” Arunakhôr looked left and right into the street, and with a fluent move he pulled the hood of his black cloak over her head, covering his face in darkness.

“Maybe it’s work… But what if it’s not?… What if…?” The elf however could not bring herself to utter the words that popped into her head.

“Someone… or something, got the her? It’s possible I guess… And I still say we should have taken me ship to go searching for her. After all, she did mention paradisiacal islands where she wanted to loose herself for a while, last time I saw her.”

“It must be a place where the eagles can’t reach her.” For Kaya had sent many of the feathered creatures out already, searching for her lost writer. Yet none of them so far had returned with news.

“… Mark me words, there is some foul play at hand here. Probably an Orc-band, that caught her unaware. Aye! Or, even worse: Wargs!”

“Though the eagles can reach the most unthinkable of places even,” the elf mused further on her previous thoughts. Then she shook her head: “There are no Wargs, or Orcs, in her world, Arunakhôr.”

But the Back Númenórean didn’t hear her as he was lost in his own thoughts. “… and maybe manacled. She’s gonna rot in oblivion, forgotten by the world… And we will follow her if we don’t find her soon…” the Corsair grumbled, the urgency of the situation speeding his pace.

“Maybe she doesn’t want to be found.”

“… The chains of Melkor- What did ye just say?”

“Maybe she doesn’t want to be found,” the elf repeated, uttering the words more slowly while the possibility of that phrase slowly sunk in. She turned towards the Corsair with fear in her eyes. “Maybe she has given up… on us… on all… this”. Her hands made a powerless gesture while waving into the direction of no particular part of the surroundings. If that was the case, they were doomed, the three of them. And who knew, maybe there were more out there she did not even know about! All… doomed.

“Maybe there is hope… or at least some delay,” the Corsair suddenly mumbled, his gaze going by her to something in the distance. He laid a grimy hand on her shoulder and coaxed her in turning around.

The next moment they both gazed into the direction of a massive tent in a courtyard of one of the houses. ‘Home of the muses’ were the words frequently heard in the buzz that surrounded them as people walked by them.

“Well… it won’t hurt to take a look,” the elf almost whispered. But she waited for Arunakhôr to take the lead before she started walking herself, following in his wake. Her gaze remained focussed on his broad back. Even though she knew she could not entirely trust the Corsair, he was the only she trusted in at this very moment.
She didn’t like the current situation where she felt to be a mere shadow of who she once had been. Like she was slowly, very slowly but without being able to do anything about it, fading.

Maybe it was true, maybe she did not want to be found indeed. Had given up on them…

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.

Profile Quote
peeg
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 12 Feb , 2005 8:08 am
You Tolkien to me?

"Oh, no, not AGAIN!"

Legyviel looked around frantically, her eyes scanning the crowd for the younf human girl who had been with her only moments before. She felt like tearing her hair out, only that would riun the exquisite bun she had set it in, so be resisted. A low snarl of frustration escaped the elfess's lips as she started walking again, keen eyes scanning left and right for a flash of dark brown skin. A flash of gold....

This was ridiculous. How on earth had she landed with this annoying little brat of a human child, who didn't even know her own name let alone any language Legyviel could also speak. The elf-lady's eyes narrowed and she cursed again as she remembered exactly how this had happened.

"She's really asking for it this time, she's really got it coming to her from me. three months i've been waiting for her to get a hold on yourself, but noooooo, i finally corner her and what does she do?" fuming, Legyviel turned the corner and continued down the next street. "she dumps that little brat on me! 'take care of her, Legyviel, watch out for her, she's new to these lands.' HAH!" Weaving through the crowd, she headed towards the docks, knowing her small charge would most likely be there, gazing at the sea with an avid expression on her cat-like face.

"She knows the wilderness of western Middle-earth better than i do! Two weeks of travelling with the little chit, and she shown me places no-one knew existed, and she's completely wild, swinging through trees instead of just walking. And her! she dumped the little lunatic on me!"

Still muttering obscenely about her absent writer, Legyviel took a shortcut through another alleyway, crossed the street and rounded a corner to find herself facing the docks. Far out, right on the edge of the wooden platform, her shrwed elven eyes grudgingly spotted a familiar figure.

"Alaine! Alaine, don't you dare take another step, you're going to fall into the water and you don't know how to swim, you stupid-" weaving effortlessly through the crowd, Legyviel ran towards the docks as Alaine took another step forward and wiggled one bare (and dirty) toe over the edge. The water surged up to meet her, washing over her feet and making her squeal. She stepped closer, raising one foot, but another surge of water caught her off balance and she teetered dangerously for a moment, arms spinning in wide archs. Next second, Legyviel had grabbed her and dragged her away towards shore.

"HOW many times...." she muttered, absently checking if the little girl was ok. Alaine wiggled out of her grasp and pouted up at her.

"Water not hurt Elverith. Likes me," she said clearly. Legyviel rolled her eyes. Other might find it strange that the girl spoke of water as if it were human and with feelings, but the efless had found that Alaine had a strange affinity with the element. The only problem was....

"I know the water likes you, Alaine, but only when you're controlling it. And seeing as that control seems to come and go as it pleases......" Legyviel sighed, feeling cheated once again. Alaine didn't know she had some sort of elemental power related to water- the connection was somthing that came to her as naturally as breathing. But while she had this ability and did not know it, this presented the possibility of her losing control of it, and made her a danger to everyone around her.

"Slipped her mind, did it, to mention that? Girl's like a ticking time-bomb, one thing makes her upset and.....but no, didn't bother to mention it to me, she was too busy, or just too lazy," muttered Legyviel distractedly. She looked down at Alaine, who was gazing around, fascinated by the people, the shops, the smells, the colours. The elfess frowned as something occured to her.

"And for the last time, your name is Alaine, not Elverith. You no longer belong to the slave-master, remember?" she said. Alaine eyed her warily for a moment, wondering how much she could get away with, then stubbornly said, "No. Elverith." Old habits die hard.

Legyviel's frown deepened, marring her beautiful face. She took hold of Alaine hand and navigated her through the crowds. The little girl was silent for a while until they reached a respectable-looking eating house and sat down at a table. Her large hazel eyes surveyed Legyviel and her surroundings quiety, taking in eveything, reflecting nothing. Then she spoke.

"Legyviel. Where is she?" she asked softly. Legyviel's eyes slid towards her small charge. The question had caught her by surprise, but she didn't show it. There was no question of which "she" the girl meant.

"I don't know, Alaine. She could be anywhere. Anywhere but here...." she said.

"Anywhere but here....with us?" Alaine asked, her head cocked to one side. Her words stirred such sadness in Legyviel that she closed her eyes, fighting the anger that had been a cover for her pain and hurt.

"Yes, Alaine....she's not with us anymore. All we have-"

And the elf's eyes found another pair of degected muses sitting not far from them, lost in thought.

"All we have is each other....."

[ img ]

"You can think and you can fight, but the world's always moving and if you wanna stay ahead you gotta dance"
~Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 12 Feb , 2005 10:58 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

"Have you seen anyone else?" The hopeful sparkle in Jae's eyes did not escape the ranger.

She sighed. "I've seen too many. Too many lost and abandoned creatures…" Picking up one of the sizeable stacks of parchments she gave the elf a despairing look. "As to why me and why now… well, something needed to be done, aye?" And then she added, a decidedly wicked sparkle in her eyes: "And you know me….."

Jaeniver chuckled. "Yes… you're good at starting things…. or so I've heard."

Suddenly a deafening roar interrupted their conversation. Both elf and ranger whirled around their eyes wide in astonishment.

"Watch oooooooooooooooooo…….!"

But it was too late. Part of the massive tent wall had collapsed and a huge, bright yellow monstrosity, bellowing clouds of black smoke came into view.

"By the Vala… what in the name of…..?" Alandriel croaked, climbing out from under some bitts of broken tent poles and shredded cloth, pulling Jaeniver back onto her feet.

Then…. her eyes widened……

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 12 Feb , 2005 10:59 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

"Hello ladies" a voice they all knew all to well rang out and before long the dishevelled head of …….

"You…. you…. you!!!!"

"Missed me?" :halo:

"Where the hell have you….."

[ img ] gave the red-head a level look: "Come on now 'sis'. You're not the only one that went a-organizing and a-being efficient."

Alandriel scowled back at the Rohirrim. Then she pointed an accusing finger: "And what is the meaning of this?"

"Isn't it nice? Isn't it just the thing??" Eoden beamed, stepping close to the pair and making a proud, sweeping gesture.

"That, my ladies, is a bulldozer. A b-u-l-l-d-o-z-e-r."

"Doesn't look to me like a dozing bull."

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Women :roll: "

But undeterred Eoden went on: "You have no vision, Alandriel. No VISION at all. A tent! Pha!! With this… and the few 'modifications' I've ordered and which can be attached in just….."

"Do we really need to know the details Eoden?"

"No – probably it's better you don't."

"Then get on with it….."

Jae looked at the Ranger incredulous. "You're just going to let him…."

"It's either that or……" Alandriel exchanged a knowing look with the young elf. Rohirrim!

Light-footedly Eoden jumped back into the box contraption that sat atop the bulldozer and after pulling some levers the monstrosity slowly backed out of what once was a tent.

"It won't be long ladies. I've already set the dwarfs to building a proper abode.. and other re-enforcements are on their way." The noise of the yellow beast got louder as he gave a final wave, tossing some bright shiney books their way.

"All you need to do now is look through these magazines. About time you got educated about interior décor and landscaping."

[ img ]
=:)

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 13 Feb , 2005 12:02 am

“Passing through … Move it... The bottom foot was mine, aye.”

Pushing the Corsair made his way through the crowd. From within the shadows of his hood he warily eyed a Gondorian knight – usurper’s son! – and a limping farmer. He almost tripped over a group of dwarves – on their turn the little bearded folk were bent over a rolled out parchment, talking about constructions and leverage - and he had to look back twice when he noticed a moving tree peeking around the corner of the building near the end of the street, eyes set deep in a with moss covered bark.

The elf, still on his heels, noticed his surprise and whispered: “An Ent, probably at a loss between the tall buildings surrounding us. He’s not the only one...”

The Corsair grumbled something in return, then focused on the tent again. Yet there was an odd feeling that slowly came over him. The feeling that someone was keeping an eye on them.

One hand resting on the hilt of his ancient scimitar he suddenly turned around and kept progressing slowly - pulling the elf along - while he explored the scenery behind them. He narrowed his eyes, looked left and right, then looked over the elf’s head into the distance again. This is when he saw it: a somewhat offside standing light blue bun of hair towering high from behind a helmeted man. Suddenly he remembered a strange cardboard figure they had seen outside a shop: a blue haired woman with a very yellow – seasickness? eaten something bad? – complexion. Surely, it couldn’t... Nah.

Watching the man before her shuffling backwards while he looked concentrated into the distance behind her, Kaya wanted to look back to what had gotten the Corsair’s attention.

“No... act normal. We’ve got a wake treader,” he hissed between his teeth while he averted his eyes from where the silvery blue bun moved. The grip on the hilt became firmer.

“A what?”

“Wake... Never mind. Ye know anyone with blueish hair?”

“I know only one. Legy-“

A sudden pandemonium startled both elf and Corsair, and all others around them. Arunakhôr bumped into a heavy build man – seemed to be a wrestler type - while whirling around, but neither of the men had time to get into a discussion since they both gasped at a yellow monstrosity that loomed nearby where before the tent had been. Never in his long life had the Corsair seen such a creature. Its roar was louder than that of a dragon. Its build was strange, as was its move. It was no living thing though.

He saw a man jumping off the yellow machinery, walking towards the remainders of the tent.
The sailor’s dark eyes followed him as he walked towards the remainders of the tent, then he noticed the figures crawling out from under the tent fabric. The red flaming hair was impossible to miss.

Arunakhôr slammed his hand in front of his face. “Bloody hell...” A groan followed.

The elf - leaving her shielded spot behind the Númenórean’s back – on her turn gasped when she saw the blond man who walked around near the remainders of the tent. His name came out slowly, as if her mind didn’t believe her eyes: “Eoden?”

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.

Profile Quote
peeg
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 13 Feb , 2005 4:02 am
You Tolkien to me?

"Lessons, Alaine. Please, attend!"

Perhaps it wasn't the best place in the world to do this. The packed street was noisy, smelly and undeniably distracting for a young girl who had spent half her short life alone. And it wasn't just her....Legyviel could feel her own attention wandering as she followed the corsair and Kaya's progress through the crowd. They seemed to be heading towards a tent......

She caught the name written at the head of the tent moments before it collapsed in a shower of dust and wood. Familiar-looking fiery red hair flashed, standing beside an equally familiar-looking blonde head.

Legyviel smiled.

"Bastards of the south. An insult, Legyviel?"

"What?" Legyviel looked back at Alaine distractedly. The girl repeated her question and Legyviel's eyes narrowed. Anger bubbled somewhere inside.

"Has someone been saying that to you?" she asked. Alaine shrugged, still watching her closely.

"A man went past, said it. Don't think he wanted me hearing," she said. The beads in her silky black hair clicked as she shook her head dismissively.

Legyviel stood up and beckoned to the girl to follow her. She'd just about had it with people making snide remarks about Alaine. To a full-grown Harad they'd never have dared, but to a harmless-looking little girl.....

Harmless-looking. There was the catch, because she wasn't harmless at all.

Up ahead at the tent she could see Eoden sitting on the somthing that was no doubt responsible for the tent's destruction. He was chatting animatedly to Alandriel and- was it possible? had so many of them found their way here too? No, it had to be Jeaniver. There was no mistaking her.

Voices floated on the breeze, weaving through the people to reach Legyviel's ears.

"It's really quite simple, you pull this lever and it goes forward, see," that was Eoden, sounding enthusiastic.

"....looks downright dangerous to me. And you better not take it near any other buildings." Jae....

"Oh, but it's really ingenious, the stuff the human in this world can come up with. Bought it at a bargain price, too" Eoden again.

"I'm not even going to comment on that one," and that would be Alandriel, sounding both amused and exasperated. Close up, she could see Eoden backing away his new contraption, watched by Alandriel and Jae, who were both holding some sort of glossy-looking, thin books. The ranger looked down at the book in her hand and muttered somthing that sounded like "magazine". She flipped it open.

"Eoden found a new toy?" Legyviel asked close to her ear. Alandriel turned around slowly and her face broke into a joyful grin as she recognised the elfess.

"Legyviel! It's wonderful to see you. What are you doing here?" she asked, looking pleased. Legyviel opened her mouth to reply, but tensed as she felt the sharp coldness of steel at her throat. Alandriel had gone very still, eyes narrowed, as though preparing herself for a fight.

"Wake treader," a voice hissed in her ear. From not far away, someone ran up to them, footsteps light on the pavement.

"Arunakhor, unhand her, she's a friend!"

Legyviel sighed with relief at the stupidity of the corsair, who let her go grudgingly to glare at Kaya. Legyviel turned to the little girl silent at her side.

"My dear Alaine.....meet your distant kinsman," she said, smiling sardonically.

[ img ]

"You can think and you can fight, but the world's always moving and if you wanna stay ahead you gotta dance"
~Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 13 Feb , 2005 12:54 pm

One moment both elf and ranger had been standing , the next sprawled flat on their backs covered in dust and tent. The reason of this artificial eclipse was none other then Eoden. Who ,after some tries, managed to back up the bulling dozer. Alandriel pulled the astound elf back to her feet letting the rider proceed his building which he most happily did after setting down some magazines on interior design. “what do I look like to you.” Jae mumbled as she flipped through a Feng Shui edition on how to create the perfect workplace of happiness.

“Looks like plants will be needed.”

“There’s an Ent walking around somewhere.” Eoden awnsered with a wink before he jumped back on his yellow machine. “What ever happened to horses.” Alandriel grumbled more to herself then anyone else. “You sure he’s a Rohirrim?” asked Rhowaín who had joined up with the two ladies and was now removing some wood bits out Jae’s hair.

"Eoden found a new toy?" came a soft voice behind them and a familiar face appeared. Legyviel. Then her eyes lost its sparkle for a moment as a tanned hand closed around her throat.

In the shadow a shine became visible. The shine of gold. But within seconds kaya’s voice rang out ordering her release. Jae looked pleased at the sight of so many faces even if there was one rotten apple amongst the fruit. “Arunakhor ,do you never grow tired of that same trick.” She spat hatefully at the corsair. “he’s a man of my heart.” Purred Amir in her ear. Where had he come from? She was better enough to ask him. The Haradrim locked eyes momentarilly with the corsair.

“Well ain’t this one splendid reunion!” and she motioned around her where bits and pieces of tent lay around and the roaring soundsbulldozer filled the air.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 13 Feb , 2005 8:19 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

~~~~~ OCC... and entirely so - my apologies

As you know... I'm off next week and though I really had my heart and mind set to leave you with another scribbling before I go, alas - it was not to be. So, I humbly beg for your forgiveance and insist that you carry the story forward as you see fit =:) Yesssss....... have some fun and drag Alandriel and Eoden along.
So long and farwell ~ till next week my friends :mrgreen:
And pray I do not meet with an Ent ;)

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 Feb , 2005 3:18 pm
citoyenne du monde

(I promised a certain Belgian Lady to give this a try. I did last night but my post never came up. So here's another try.)

“…death penalty is thus of concern for international law,” the words appeared on the screen as she typed them.
“Blablabla, will you not stop working for a moment?” the voice asked sternly
“As if I could.”
“You find some time to sing, but not to write,” there was some anger and frustration.
“You know exactly why I haven’t been able,” S’s brow frown with melancholy.
“Yes, I do,” the voice was now gentler. “But still…”

Eari re-entered the room where the characters were sitting; as the main personification of the writer’s muse, she had been sent as a messenger… They were all here, but of the muses not a sight. Well, there were some muses there; that of work, that of music and some other ‘things’, but where the writing muses should have been there was nothing, only shimmering air that made the atmosphere feel empty. None of the muses had been seen in a long while; she sighed. Where was the poetry? And the good? She even missed Eris in spite of the pain the evil muse had inflicted upon her and others.

She could even feel the absence of the dark muse from the temper of the Avari; elenduath had not been the same for a while. Still a wild temper, but she was more bored than anything else now; well she was still evil also but she had no way to express it so it was mostly frustration. The dark elf was playing with her knife on the sofa; despite the missing muse, no one even tried to approach it.

At the other side of the room, in a corner, trying to escape all sight was the Easterling. Cian was looking at her hands before bringing them together around her knees. Whereas the muses were missing or not, that one had remained terrified of contact with others; at least there were no men in the place, since Anarmire had disappeared. Between Cian, who would have been frightened, and Elenduath who would have wanted to kill him, that would have been chaos here. Not that she didn’t miss the old elf and his calmness but she knew why he was gone and there was hardly a chance that they would see him again.
Cian’s sister on the other hand, seemed to miss male presence; she spent her time in front of the mirror, arranging her décolleté in the most indecent manner as if at any time she could be sent online and flirt. Eari sighed; if S found her muses back Cixi would probably not be the first. Finally, she set her eyes on the queen and rolled her eyes; she would never understand how this one had come in here, why their writer had been corrupted into writing *that* kind of person. The woman was fanning herself in the stupidest way as if she were about to faint. Attention seeker!!

“So what?” elenduath’s voice asked haughtily.
“Well, she doesn’t have much time, but she said that there was a place for us on B77. One of her friends told her to check and she promised she’d try something. So we are on our way.”
“You mean, there will be people like you… Boring and stupid and human.”
“Well if I can take it from S, there’ll also be elves, but maybe none to your liking. But you can stay here if you prefer.”
“Well, right and let you all have some fun, no way.”
“Let’s move then.”

All moved and made their way to the Hijack Thread; not a doubt about the destination. So much pandemonium in there that even the queen could have found her way by herself… er wait no she probably wouldn’t have. Cian gripped Eari’s hand when the noise increased turning into something like thunder and the earth started shaking, as if there was an earthquake. But when they reached the area where the others were, they realised it was no earthquake but a curious yellow machine.

“Oh no, not him again,” the peredhel sighed noticing a strawheaded that she knew too well.
“What? Who? Let’s go,” elenduath declared, marching upon the group as if she were going to war.
Cixi, smoothened her dress before checking her décolleté again and glided towards the group, her flirting smile on her lips, looking for a man, any one. The queen took her arm as she ordered the peredhel to guide her towards those “paysans” (nobles :roll:) and Cian tightened her grip around her fingers. After a moment they finally reached the group.

I Endure in order to Reflect
Transcending Order
I seal the Matrix of Endlessness
With the Cosmic tone of Presence
I am guided by the power of Spirit

Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good

Profile Quote
peeg
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 Feb , 2005 5:36 am
You Tolkien to me?

Alaine was smiling guilessly up at Arunakhor, but her eyes remained sharp and cold as they assessed the Priate. The others had wandered off to greet some new arrivals, leaving the two alone, Alaine still smiling and Arunkhor glaring suspiciously. For some reason, the child irked him, in a way he couldn't describe. She looked innocent enough.....

She finished her examination of him and seemed to come to a conclusion.

"Wake-treader man," she said firmly. Arunakhor started.

"What ye say? I'm no Wake-treader!"

"Are too. Look like one," she replied stubbornly. The corsair's eyebrows drew together in a frown.

"It's not an actual person, lass, it's someone who-"

"I know what it is," she cut him off, suddenly angry. Arunakhor, after a moment of consideration, decided to ignore the insult for the moment and return to the more pressing question on his mind.

"Where you from, kid?" Legyviel's last comment had not gone unnoticed. Alaine glanced at the sky before replying, stalling for time. Grey clouds were rolling in from the south and somewhere overhead, thunder rumbled ominously. Grudgingly, she looked back at the pirate.

"Far south. Um....Umbar," was it just her imagination, or did his expression flicker ominously at the sound of the word?

"Ah....that explains it. Though how she knew...." his gaze wondered over to the group of elves, humans, ranger and rohirrim, searching for Legyviel's clearly distinguishable silver-blue hair. A tug on his shirt brought his attention back to the girl, who was, once more, glaring at him.

"Don't hurt her again," she said, conveniantly forgetting that the word she was looking for was "threaten." An entirely humorless smile lit Arunakhor's face.

"That was nothing, lass, but if ye want te see real hurtin'...." he grinned at her wolfishly. Alain, unimpressed and thinking him serious, kicked him hard in the shins and slipped away before he could grab hold of her.

"Splendid reunion indeed," cursing and limping slightly, he followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two elves, not far, watched this exchange with interest.

"I don't think they like each other much," Legyviel commented dryly. Her companion snorted.

"Are you kidding me? Five minutes it's been and still no sight of a dagger......naaa, he likes her," Kaya replied. Legyviel grinned, knowing she had a point there, and watched as the girl kicked Arunakhor and ran towards them. Both elfves spluttered with laughter at the expression on the Corsair's face.

"See what i've had to deal with the whole way here? She's completely wild, i swear."

"Humans are amazingly adaptable when they have to be.....she'll change. Just take care of her, i say,"

"It's hardly like a have a choice...."

Turning, the two rejoined their group of freinds, the roar of thunder and the bulldozer mingling in the air.

[ img ]

~Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Feb , 2005 2:51 pm
Per aspera ad astra

Nin was freezing. Since when had it become so cold in the dark corner of M’s mind where she was hiding? And she had been hiding there, sulking, thinking of what she wanted to become. And M’s mind had driven away from her, from the land of Tolkien to this world of hers, that Nin did not understand. And slowly silence had grown around her and at last it had become cold.
Nin was clutching herself together, folded like a pocket knife to fight the chill in her bones. Was this the end? Had M forgotten her?
“No.”
Nin could not tell where the voice had come from, but it made the cold rise in her body again.
“No, this is not the end.”
This time the answer almost crept over her skin, and she felt goosebumps rising along her spine.
“Dou you think I will ever leave her alone?”
Nin looked up now, even if she had already understood what she would see. And there he stood indeed, tall, dark, his face hidden in his cloak, gathering the cold around him
“Hades”, she said with a sigh, “I had hoped she had lost you on the road.”
“ M? Loose me? Never! I am a part of her, even more than you. She will never give me up.”
“And now?”
“And now, let us rise from the ashes.”
Ni saw Hades rise his cloak, twirl it around him and in the flowing movement of the tissue, she recognised that the scenery changed. She felt as if she was flying, as if another dimension took hold of her. Then, suddenly, she fell. And she could hear Hades cold and cruel laughter just before she hit the ground roughly.
The remnants of a tent were lying all around her, and she heard voices screaming, hum and movement all around. Dust was rising in the air, like a heavy cloud and through the fog of the dust, Nin heard someone cough – the voice seemed vaguely familiar to her.
“You see, there were dustbunnies.”
This time, she recognised the voice – Alandriel - and through the thinner waves of dust, she spotted a shadow of the flaming red hair of the ranger.
“Alandriel:” Her first impulse would have been to run towards the ranger, but then she remembered: Hades was with her! Oh no – he and Alandriel must not meet. Already, she felt his long and boney fingers on her shoulder. What could she say – quickly…
“Hades, we have forgotten Tibodom.”
“But no, Nin, M. would never give up her little smiling darling. Imagine, she had only me and you… what a bare waist-land would her stories be?” He turned her, and she felt the grip on her shoulder growing heavier.
Then, she saw Tibo. He stood in a line, happily chatting with other hobbits, among which he seemed somehow sharper, more outlined than the others.
“And you, Nin, are afraid that I will hurt the redhead.”
Nin felt as if she would freeze on the very spot.
“How do you know?”
Hades tightened his grip a bit more, almost as if a knife cut her skin. She could feel the smile on his face, if whatever he was hiding under his cloak could still be called face.
“As if you could hide something from me, Nin. M. would hand you to me on a silver plate, don’t you know that?”
Nin not dare to breath any more. It was so cold now, that she could see the steam from her lips when she was breathing. Hades was right, of course he was right, how right he was. She was nothing to M.
“Do not worry, woman, and welcome your friend. I have seen an alike soul, even here. And I choose my time and my victims with more effort than this…” His fingers released her now, and pointed on Elenduath. Then she felt his grip no more.
Relieved, Nin looked around. So many creatures – waiting, some like sketches only, some outlined in all details. She heard voices again, some of them seemed familiar… and now, that the dust had all settled, it was confirmed: Alandriel stood there, Jae, Legyviel… and several others she did not recognise from where she was, after all in MiddleEarth glasses did not exist. She had to walk over to them.

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 25 Feb , 2005 12:37 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

[ img ]
'Wonder if they'll ever get what landscaping means or interior design for that matter' thought Eoden as he pushed the reverse lever and backed the bulldozer out of the ruined tent. 'They'll never agree to one scheme I'm sure. We'll end up with bitts of Old Forest interspersed with some marses and waterfalls of course, probably one with a cave behind it too, Elronds's library cheek to jowl with the great Hall of my people as well as some pomp of Minas Tirith. Where the heck is Bréhon when you need him?'

"Oi!!! Out of the way dwarves!!" The Rohirrim yelled moments before the bulldozer's engine went into forward mode. "Get back over there and help clear the rubble. We're not building any mines! Just a nice, large, hexagonal ditch. That's where the hot-tub is gonna go."

He did not hear their shouts over the roaring engine but well understood the meaning of their raised pick-axes. 'Next thing you know we'll have the union in here.' :roll:
But then his face split into a smile and he laughed: "Not such a bad thing that perhaps. The red-head is better at dealing with that kind of 'problem' than choosing what a place ought to look like. Tent!!! :roll: She has no idea of the potential of this place!"

As he turned the bulldozer around he saw amongst the crowd a face he was all to glad to behold again. Kaya! She looked rather bewildered. Eoden flashed a brilliant smile and raised one hand in greeting….. Crash!! Woa! Quickly his fingers found the controls again. "Sorry Hobbits – you better move the cooking area somewhere else."

The engine roared once more into action and the yellow monstrosity, shovel raised just above ground level, began thundering after the hastily retreating dwarfs. and

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A splendid reunion indeed" hissed Alandriel between clenched teeth, her eyes not once leaving the Corsair. Not even when his attention was taken for some moments by a youngster. A most peculiar youngster.

Jae was excitedly leaving through the 'magazines' Eoden had showered them with and every once in a while exclaimed something along the lines: oh! Look at that water-feature; or those are the most amazing drapings I've ever seen; or – we'll definitely need one of those! Yet Alandriel was not really paying attention watching instead the goings and comings, noting a mixed group of people approaching. The look one amongst them pulled as she noticed Eoden did not escape the ranger. Clearly she was not amused at finding the Rohirrim here. 'Might come in useful' Alandriel pondered. 'Perhaps finally someone that could keep him in check'.

A cough unfar from where she stood made the ranger turn and as she saw a 'bundle' cloaked in blue emerge from the rubble she jumped. "Nin!" Pulling her friend to her feet shakily the worried frown soon disappeared. Nin might be a bit battered but she would hardly be beaten. "You here also?" Alandriel exclaimed. Nin coughed once more and gave a nod. Would Alandriel rightly assume….?

"Come and sit here by the side," the ranger urged. "This place has gone completely mad. And as usual, it's HIS fault." She pointed at Eoden who in short order was lowering and raising the front part of the yellow monster as if he were waving a flag. Then there was a sudden loud cranking noise followed by a loud 'hurray' as the 'shovel' finally settled somewhere in mid-air.

Alandriel shook her head and then looked at Nin. "Definitely time for something hot and nourishing don't you think?"

Profile Quote
Bréhon
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 05 Mar , 2005 8:53 pm

Hearing the door behind him slam shut, Bréhon looked down at the heavy pouch in his hand. ‘Not bad for a couple of months of work and free drinks.’ With a crooked grin he tucked the pouch in his pack and looked left and right while wrapped his warm winter cloak around his shoulders.

Winter was extremely severe this year. Snow - even hail - and a blistering cold. It reminded him of winter 15 years ago, when no roof over his head awaited him to protect him from cold, and no warm meal filled his stomach before he went to bed. It had been hard times, but they had passed. It was an old story, now so far in the past that these days he maybe finally had reached that point where he could forget, pretend it all had not happened. ‘But the past also makes us who we are today.’ He shook his head, lost in thoughts.

Despite the good pay and extra advantages the long months away from all that was familiar to him had been a testing. He had missed his usual environment. Jae – a smile unconsciously curved his lips. Eoden – he wondered what kind of adventures his brother had encountered in the mean time. He wondered what had happened to the familiar faces of the guild house. And how things in other parts of Rohan would be... he had missed riding through its grassy plains, its atmosphere. Even more he had missed the action that once had been a routine, filling his days, giving them meaning. Which reminded him that he would need to have a word or two with his writer, urgently! When he had hinted her he wanted a change in his life he had not meant this kind of change, where she had deserted him and had placed him in a position where he had been cut off from all that was familiar to him. He pulled his cloak tighter around him when he turned around a corner and ice cold gusts of wind awaited him.

Then – suddenly – there was a crash. A flash, like lightening struck him. Or maybe had run into him...

He blinked his eyes and perplexed he noted the by snow covered street had been replaced by a crowded... square? Cold it still was though, wherever he now was. He turned around but nothing seemed familiar. Maybe this was just a dream? But the dwarves, and the elves, and the Easterlings back there in the corner, they seemed all very real.

“There ye are at last.”

A strong grip on his shoulder made Bréhon whirl around startled. The voice seemed vaguely familiar. The face he now looked in was scarily familiar even. And strangely, it felt good to see even this face. He seemed to be back amongst familiar faces again at last.

“Good to see you, man,” Bréhon said relieved while he whacked the tall sailor on the shoulder.
Arunakhôr’s smoldering gaze turned into a puzzled expression. “It is?”

“Yes, and-“

“We’ve been looking for ye for days. Where in the name of the Ancient Darkness have ye been?!” He then leaned forward a little and sniffed at the Rohirrim’s cloak. “Beer!” he spat.

“So? And who are ‘we’?”

“The elf and me.”

“Jae?” Bréhon’s eyes momentarily brightened.

“No. Kaya,” came the reply, and Arunakhôr turned around and took off, finding a passage through the crowd. He still felt where that silly Haradrim girl had kicked him on the shins. It was his professional opinion that kids like that deserved nothing better than been put daily across one’s knee.

Bréhon followed him with large steps and after only a few moments he heard the sailor in front of him say: “Look who I found.”

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 05 Mar , 2005 9:42 pm
citoyenne du monde

(OOC: 'Might come in useful' Alandriel pondered. 'Perhaps finally someone that could keep him in check'.
I'm pretty sure she'd more than delighted to be able to 'keep him in check' and probably not in the nicest manner, but I'm not sure she can :P)

IC :

[ img ]

As she walked toward the group, the elf felt a presence she knew, a presence that brought a wry smile on her lips. Evil, an evil that had called her not so long before already. And she was more than delighted to feel it; it had been too long that she had been forced to be around those stupid mortals… well not all of them mortal but all of them stupid. And boring!!

She stopped for a moment, looking to where the presence came from; the dark form was there, everything in his surrounding seemingly affected by his very presence. Even the blond woman that stood next to him seemed grey, as if the very colour of life had been drained from her face.

She licked her thin lips slowly as his grip on the woman tightened before he pointed towards her; he had noticed her. She crossed her arms as he moved towards her and bowed her head slightly as he joined with her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Cian, let my hand go, no one here is going to hurt you,” Eari said softly but firmly to the Easterling.
But the young girl, woman – Eari never was sure – seemed to be too frightened to even understand that she was squeezing the peredhel’s hand so tight that blood hardly could get to her fingers. Despite her frail looks Cian seemed to have a strength of her own.

As for the queen she looked around with that haughty look of hers. Would there not be someone able to rid the peredhel of that woman? Anyone? Would there be no one from the queen’s time that would come and help her; Eari would prefer fight an army than hearing another minute the whining of that woman. But it was not to be just now, and she kept blabbering about how noisy the place was, and how dirty the ground was and how annoying it was that she had no servant to look that her dress would not be spoiled by the dirt…

Eari rolled her eyes, her patience growing thinner by the instant; ignoring the unending flow of words of Anne, she looked around and went straight for Jaeniver whom she had wished to see for a while. And, she thought a bit evilly, maybe being faced with one of the noblest and most beautiful people of this place, would shut up the queen’s mouth.

I Endure in order to Reflect
Transcending Order
I seal the Matrix of Endlessness
With the Cosmic tone of Presence
I am guided by the power of Spirit

Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 4:20 pm

OOC- this came to me in Social Studies class *yawn* so sorry if it messed up some whereabouts of the players. Oh and sorry for bad grammar :P will try to add a Jae post later.

IC “Quick dancer, hurry!”The man shot his heels into the flank of his animal forcing the horse the change his already fast pacy to a galop. As the horse went round the corner the man pressed himself against the back of his mount holding its reigns steady. With a thundering sound did Dancer run on heading right for a group of people standing in the middle of the road.

“Watch out!” The man shouted the warning while praying they would react before the horse collided with their fragile bodies. With one hard pull on the reigns the horse came to a sudden stop. He pushed his hat and dark hair out of his eyes and pulled his cloak back and eligable slid from the back of his mount.

The sealed plea for help that had come to him had worried him greatly. The informants he had send out came back empty handed.
She was gone.

“C’est impossible. Elle est perdu…perdu.”He sighed deeply, suddenly feeling lost himself. He had failed protecting her. Failed the one job he had promised he would continue when he left Paris. He was already half way in mounting Dancer again when suddenly from the corner of his eye he saw the glistening of brocade. There was only one woman who would wear such rich clothes.

He pushed through the mass and roughly grabbed hold of the rich dress. With a sigh he sank onto his knee “Ma reine, vous avez ici. J’ai trouvé vous, finalement. I fear I got your message too late. I apologise.”Aramis looked up at his queen without paying the others no mind.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 14 Mar , 2005 12:03 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

OCC - no time to play :bawl: all I have time for is a quick reply to Eari >> ahh - she could keep him in check you know - sort of, probably it would turn more like into an anhialation :Q and then I'd be stuck without ANY muses... and that of course we have to prevent at any cost :P

and....

Friends - I know I'm not going to have time for this for some considerable time. :( But please... don't wait for me. Let your muses play. I'm just too swamped with too many things and somehow I don't see it easing up at all until mid April. Too many real-life 'panics', upcoming Easter holidays, the B77 constitution... too many important priorities that will mean the muses will be boxed (but well preserved ;) ) for a while.
I'll not forget about this place and will read up as and when I can to at least 'stay in the loop'. Keep it going, toss it around... wreck some mayhem ;) -- and see you just as soon as I can. Love you all :love:

.. and I just MUST say that Jae (and Aggs) have just the most romantic sigs!!! :D :D

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]
Return to “Literary Rambles: There & Back Again...” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: