board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Guru's Bar and Grill, RPer Haven of B77

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Guruthostirn
Post subject: Guru's Bar and Grill, RPer Haven of B77
Posted: Fri 25 Feb , 2005 6:55 pm
That Weird American

"See these addresses?" Guru asked the mail man. "Make sure they get to each and every one, and only these people."

"Yes milord."

Guru nodded smartly, then left the post office. Striding back to the dilapidated building in which he'd decided to start a restaurant Guru hoped for the best. However, he knew some of the invitations would fall into the hands of the other denizens of the town, the dreaded m00bies. They'd taken to cluttering up every respectable joint around, and had the habit of finding out every secret plot.

Back in the post office a m00bie spy couldn't resist opening one of the letters. He'd been told to keep an eye out for RPers who might make trouble, and Guru had been on his list. Randomly he chose from the large stack of invitations. Opening it, he extracted a letter. Reading it, his eyes grew large, staring at the evidence of a terrible plot:

"Greetings, fellow Role Player

"I'm sure you've noted the increasing presence of the beings known as m00bies in the town. In light of this, and the fact that we, as RPers, have no established place of gathering, I have taken it upon myself to provide our community with such a facility. It's known as the "Guru's Bar and Grill" and is located at 19 TBA Lane. It would be most pleasant if you dropped by for a drink, a tasty dinner, or just a bite to eat any time of day.

"Now, there are a few rules of the house. It is a "No Effort Zone". You may not indulge in giant actions. There are other venues in town for high drama. This is a casual environment, and as thus, let us keep it free from extravegant and intense involvement. Actually, that's the only rule I have so far. Death and destruction is unlimited as long as it does not violate the primary rule.

"That all said, I look forward to seeing you at my fine establishment soon.

Signed, Guru.

The mail man didn't think it was so interesting so he just put the letter back in the envelope, and tossed the invitations into the bin to be delivered the next day. He'd make a note to mention the restaurant to his m00bie masters, but he saw no harm in letting the poor RP minority eating dinner together...

That crazy American Jerk...

"No stop signs, speed limits, no body's gonna slow me down..."

"You can run, but you'll die tired." -- What the archer said to the knight.

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 27 Feb , 2005 3:54 am
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Lalaith opened the mailbox eagerly. She had always liked that moment of anticipation, not knowing whether the mail was full of bills that day or whether she might get a magazine or--even better yet--a letter. Quickly working through the stack, she sorted out the bills, pausing over one in particular. "Oh dear, not that one. I don't even want to know how much," she muttered. She put it at the back of the stack. No magazines, a few advertisements, three junk mail items, and, then..."What's this?"

She studied the small white envelope with its neat handwriting. "Guru's Bar and Grill, 19 TBA Lane," read the return address. "Hmmm, I wonder what this is about." She hurried back into the house, eager to find out.

Sitting down in her favorite chair, Lalaith forced herself to open all of the other mail first, saving the mysterious little envelope for last. Finally, it was time, and she quickly ripped it open. "Darnit!" she swore, as she felt the paper cut burning on her thumb. She swiftly put the wounded thumb in her mouth and pulled the letter out with her other hand. "I really need to find that stupid letter opener," she grumbled. "If I could only remem..." she paused as she began to read the invitation. "Well, that's interesting. I've not really done a lot of RPing before, but I somehow got this letter," she said. "I'm certainly not a m00bies person either." She was silent for a bit, pondering what it all meant.

As she was lost in thought, a large black and white cat wrapped herself around Lalaith's feet, purring loudly and hoping to be scratched behind the ears. Lalaith was too distracted to notice till the cat finally jumped up into her lap, jolting her out of her reverie. "Oh, hi there." Lalaith then scratched not only behind her ears but also under chin and was rewarded with razor claws kneading her legs. "All right, stop that. Now listen, Galadriel, I think I'm going out tonight."

The cat eyed her for a moment, and Lalaith gave her a small smile. "You'll be fine, and I need to get ready." She shooed the miffed cat off of her lap and hurried into the bedroom to decide what to wear.

"No high drama, eh?" she said wryly. "Well, I think I can handle that."

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 1:34 pm
Tricksy Elf!

(OCC- Guru, mind if we turn this into the equivalent of the LFI? I had a tweak of a new RPer and we will need someplace to play?)

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH :devil:

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 9:51 pm
That Weird American

((OOC: Go ahead...but remember, make it light and easy, as it is in the first post. Have fun!))

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Mar , 2005 7:58 pm
That Weird American

At last, the cleaning crew had left. The old warehouse Guru had bought was nothing to look at from the outside, but inside the elf had spent a fortune fixing it up. A large dance floor was against one wall, surrounded by terraces of tables. In a corner a large stage was set up for bands to come play, and halfway up the far wall a second level, reached by a spiral staircase, held the bar. The spacious kitchens were beneath the tables, and a special elevator went to the second story. Beneath the bar were large restrooms and the entrance hall. Green plants were everywhere, and muted, golden light filled the space with a pleasant glow.

Below the cooks he'd hired were working hard for the opening night of the nightclub. Guru hadn't heard back from anyone about the invitations he'd sent out, but he had hopes they would show up. His RP friends were here in the town, but still they hid. Maybe tonight would bring them out.

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 25 Mar , 2005 12:14 pm
Tricksy Elf!

The back door opens quickly, a figure slides in and makes his way to the corner booth.

"Wadya wan?" bellowed the, well the polite word is waitress...but that did not fit.

"Just a coke, a Delibelly chicken on rye with extra pesto, a side order of skins, a salad, two pieces of garlic bread with cheese - mozorella not chedder- , a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and a finger bowl, please. I am cutting down". The slight figure smiled at the 'waitress' (tm), and turned to watch the bar as she shuffeled off.

This was supposed to be a place where things were happening. He took out a copy of 'Faucaults Pendulum' to rad as he waited.

:D

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “Literary Rambles: There & Back Again...”
Jump to: