The Last Homely Site on the Web

Constantine

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Winged Balrog
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 13 Mar , 2005 9:03 pm
Marshmallow Toaster

I really want to see this film, but just haven't had a chance yet. May have to wait for the DVD. I'm a big fan of the comics, but don't mind extensive plot changes so long as the film's still entertaining. My LOTR revisionism extends to other stories, too, I guess.

Profile Quote
Sister Magpie
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 Mar , 2005 8:12 pm

Just had to pop in here--I enjoyed myself completely at Constantine. I did see it for free, which always helps.

I like HELLBLAZER and going in I knew it it was Keanu Reeves, it obviously wasn't the real John Constantine...but there were moments that made me think of the comic and smile, even if he still does seem more suited to London and NYC than LA.

I was confused at the mention of the last frame--now I get it. I thought everybody was talking about the very last frame, with the scene after the credits. I developed a fetish for cool wings on people during this movie, so I was happy with that little tag on.

Also, I'm happy to say somebody explained Rachel Weizs' outfit to me. I couldn't figure out why any woman would wear a white shirt over a black bra, but I've been informed this is a style in Europe, signifying a sort of virgin/whore thing. Still looked silly to me, but okay.

-m

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 05 Sep , 2005 10:54 am
of Vinyamar

Saw it last night, enjoyed it. Nothing special but it's enjoyable. I don't know what the fuss is about the last scene. Taken as a movie on it's own merit the final scene works. It shows that Constantine hasn't given up hope completely. Given the fact that his entire character is based around buying his way back into heaven it makes sense that he's not as completely iredeemable as people suggest.

The comic charcter may be different, but that's not an issue for me. I'm watching a movie, not reading a comic.

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Legolas the elf
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 07 Sep , 2005 1:08 am
Trudging the road of happy destiny...

Well, Ax, you've seen it now. :D What'd ya think? Although I'm sure I heard a first hand account of the movie from you in Florida, I forget...

Profile Quote
Aglanor
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 17 Sep , 2005 6:44 am
Morituri Nolumus Mori

I have to agree with Lidless on the last shot. It's kinda funny, but awkward.

For the rest it's an enjoyable blockbuster. Nothing immense, nothing bad. Just a good movie for watching with a few friends...:)

"The moon reflects in her eyes,
And tears fall down like stars.
Her gentle kiss goodnight;
Her dagger stuck in my heart.
My love broken and betrayed
And my eyes are closed tight,
As death now does us part."

A Rune engraved on my heart...

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2