board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Star Wars Revelations

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Alatar
Post subject: Star Wars Revelations
Posted: Thu 13 Oct , 2005 2:23 pm
of Vinyamar

This is a fan film with a difference. The effects and CG are really impressive. Acting is the usual standard unfortunately. :)

http://www.panicstruckpro.com/revelatio ... tions.html

Here's the trailer:

http://panicstruckpro.com/revelations/v ... larger.mov

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
S_O
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 13 Oct , 2005 3:52 pm
I love lamp!

I've heard of this, tried to find it and when I did, I couldn't view it. I read an article saying that George Lucas should've let his fans direct the prequals and perhaps we would've gotten quality movies befitting the Star Wars universe. Revelations was referenced in it as a good starting point. I'll see if I can find that article again.

If you want a good laugh: http://www.sequentialpictures.com/movie ... sode3.html :D

[ img ]
Thank you Isabel!! :hug: :love:

Profile Quote
Jude
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 26 Jun , 2008 1:21 am
Aspiring to heresy

[ img ]

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 26 Jun , 2008 5:16 am
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

:Q You are incorrigible tonight!

<gets suspicious>

Have you been into that South African liquor again? :suspicious:

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jude
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 26 Jun , 2008 9:24 am
Aspiring to heresy

Blame tehDuffster.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jude
Post subject: Re: Star Wars Revelations
Posted: Wed 21 Sep , 2011 10:09 am
Aspiring to heresy

[ img ]

[ img ]

Profile Quote
aninkling
Post subject: Re: Star Wars Revelations
Posted: Wed 18 Dec , 2019 10:38 pm

Probably not the right thread but it was Star Wars and convenient.

It seems the schizophrenic Star Wars reviewing continues.... :D
IMDB reviews are also all either 1s or 9s and 10s.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/d ... s-tangible
Quote:
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker fan review with spoilers: 'The thrill is tangible'

The story isn’t perfect, the reanimated Leia is weird and the Emperor is a pantomime villain – but who cares when you’re skipping along at lightspeed?
Quote:
...And that, I think, is the overall message of “Episode IX”. All the toys go back where they are supposed to go at the end. The movie snaps together like a jigsaw puzzle, a series of concluding beats that seem inevitable and perfect, and designed to please all parties, so long as you don’t dwell on the logic too much....
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... lker-saga/
Quote:
Review: ‘Rise Of Skywalker’ Is The Worst ‘Star Wars’ Movie Ever

The Rise of Skywalker is a bad movie and a miserable finale that serves no purpose other than to reassure adult fans of the original Star Wars that they are still the “chosen ones” of the pop culture galaxy.
Quote:
...spends almost its entire running time retconning its predecessor and adding painfully conventional “plot twists” and patronizing reversals in the name of mollifying the fans who merely want to be reminded of the first three movies.It inflicts additional damage to the legacy of the first six Star Wars movies. It undermines the previous two “episodes” in the name of giving (some but not all) original-trilogy Star Wars fans a reassuring pat on the head. It even shies away from The Force Awakens’ darker real-world implications...

What I got from these two reviews is
1) There are implausible gadgets and events (so what else is new? These are "check your brains at the door and just have fun" movies IMO.)
2) It's not clever and novel enough for the critics
3) It moves very quickly
4) It's probably fun

I think we might see this one in the theater. So far, I've enjoyed The Force Awakens (a bit of lightweight fluff and fun) and Solo (classic adventure movie and IMO the best of the lot), hated Rogue One (everyone dies and you don't care because they never bothered to flesh out the characters enough that you'd be emotionally invested in them) and was bored stiff by The Last Jedi (let's reverse everything that can be reversed, just to be clever and novel, and have the longest, dullest space chase ever, with some not-so-bright characters. I was actually checking my watch to see how soon it might be over.). So reading between the lines in these two reviews, I'm thinking I might actually like this one .

btw, the second reviewer earns my vote for self-important young twit
Quote:
It’s not just that Rise of Skywalker undoes Last Jedi’s “it’s not your franchise anymore” metaphors—aimed at a generation that grew up loving Star Wars and then allowed two Palpatine-ish leaders (George W. Bush and Trump) to come into power—for generic “don’t worry, Star Wars is still the best!” fan bait. ...

...one cannot escape the fact that Rise of Skywalker has turned this entire new Star Wars trilogy from a kids’ franchise into one aimed at nostalgic adults yearning for a time when they believed they were the most important generation.

Society can and does execute its own mandates, and if it issues wrong mandates instead of right, or any mandates at all in things with it ought not to meddle, it practices a social tyranny more formidable than many kinds of political oppression, since, though not usually upheld by such extreme penalties, it leaves fewer means of escape, penetrating much more deeply into the details of life, and enslaving the soul itself. ― John Stuart Mill

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: