board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

New site to upload signature pictures.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject: New site to upload signature pictures.
Posted: Fri 05 Nov , 2004 7:26 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

[UPDATE: With all the suggestions of theme months, so many new faces who've joined since this thread was started, and the fact that B77 recently celebrated it's first 100 days, I think it's fair to say that we've settled in quite nicely here. Now that everyone is changing up their signatures, I realize that as with TORC, I'd like to keep them around to look at, especially since the current avatars and sigs have such a personal flavour to them.

I'd like to again invite anyone who wants to submit their sigs to one central area, to do so.

The picture site currently only has three categories (but that's just because no one was interested), but it only takes the click of a button to add more. If y'all want seperate folders for each theme month, then so be it. Let me know what you're looking for or if you're at all interested because personally, I don't want to have to run around trying to save everybody's sigs! It was hard enough with TORC. Besides, if I save them, it is only me who can see them - I thought it would be nice to have them shared with everybody. Just like what you're doing when you put up a new sig or avatar :P just that this would be like a storage facility.]

So many people will not be renewing their premiere memberships on TORC and I am really going to miss seeing funny new pictures from everyone. I thought it would be a nice idea to open a website for you to be able to submit the signatures you would have put on TORC had you kept your PM, signatures you wanted to have on TORC but couldn't get them approved, and pictures you just thought were funny and wanted to share with the group.

Epson PhotoCenter allows me space for about 3,000 photos, so size will not be an issue for quite some time. I already had one account with them that I've been satisfied with for a year now, and my other account only had two photos on it, so I just erased those. The rest is at your disposal. :)

To access the site, you can go to the main page - http://photo.epson.com/index.html - and type in my e-mail address (rhinestone underscore loincloth at hotmail dot com) under the "Visit Albums" section, or you can use the exact URL, which is http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4184992. There are three categories to put the pictures into, and each I have explained the purpose of in the album descriptions (as well as earlier in this post). :P

You won't be able to add pictures to the site yourselves, but you can e-mail them to me with any sort of text you wish to include, and I will give you proper credit by your Tolkien Online name. If you aren't able to send images in JPG or GIF form, let me know and I will try to convert them myself. Note that Epson doesn't seem to allow moving GIF's. If you have a graphic you wish to show, I'm afraid it won't turn out here. Also, the text space does not allow any separation more than one smack of the spacebar, so if letter arrangement is important in your signature, you will have to think of something else because it will all appear as a continuous line. Please submit your photos to my hotmail address (the rhinestone one listed above). :) I promise I will try to "approve" your submissions quicker than TORC does.

I think it might be cool to bring in any TORCers who want their rejected signatures displayed. I don't mind showing this stuff to the public, just not on TORC, as there will be some obvious TOS violations in there. The picture site will not link to board77 in any way, but for now, I'll just leave the door open to you guys here. I will sorely miss seeing your names in red at Tolkien Online, but look forward to seeing what you still have to offer. ;)

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4184992

*E*

Last edited by *E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* on Sat 05 Feb , 2005 5:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 06 Nov , 2004 10:41 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

Nice idea *E* and thanks for setting it up. Since I'm more of an RP poster than anything, I've only changed my piccie a grand total of three times on TORC :roll: - not worth adding to what will hopefully be a fun collection.

I'd love to see some of Lidless' stuff up there though.. heheheh...

Bookmarked!
:D

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 06 Nov , 2004 7:50 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

I was thinking about that Alandriel, and I know a lot of folks keep the same one or two sig pics, but if you guys want to submit other photos than you are more than welcome to.

When I first got my PM, I strongly considered keeping just one image and having it be my trademark (cannot think of anything but your red-haired vixen, or Leoba's hooded beauty, in those sig spaces), but its too tempting to change them around.

The sig I kept longest was my previous one, which was taken right outside of the Boston MoS after visiting the LOTR exhibit. I was really sad to see it go, so I was sort of standing there, taking it all in for a last time, and saying goodbye. Didn't realize dad was behind me with the camera (at least, I figured if I was in the shot, he would have told me to move my sad ass outta the way). I really liked how the photo turned out, and since I was sorta depressed on TORC anyway, I kept it up there for three months.

You can look at this picture site as what you may have put in a signature if you didn't have a role-play character to feature. :P I certainly had no intention to include only the people who go through sigs faster than they do socks, so don't feel you have nothing to contribute. Sometimes I like to make topical signatures, so here is your chance to also do so. :P Basically, anything goes here - I don't even want it to be exclusive to funny pictures. Whatever you guys want to put up is fine.

*E*

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 08 Nov , 2004 3:40 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

So when's Farawen going to give you her pictures hmmm??? *taps foot*

I know Lidless is busy right now, seeing he's on a busines trip, but I hope he can get his pics up there as well.

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Farawen
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 08 Nov , 2004 5:35 pm
Far out

Wah! Eruname, you're my guilty conscience. :oops: I'm actually not really sure if I still have them in one of my folders somewhere. But I'll find them somehow.

And by the way, I'm pretty sure you'll be rather disappointed when you see them at last. :D They're mostly harmless, really.

:roll:

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 08 Nov , 2004 8:33 pm
That Weird American

Hmm...this is so tempting...I've accumulated a vast number of saved pics to represent my RP character Guruthostirn, as well as my other RP character, Synthia. None of them completely and accurately portray the characters, but each has a bit, or slightly fits, so I keep finding them. I may send you a few.

That crazy American Jerk...

"No stop signs, speed limits, no body's gonna slow me down..."

"You can run, but you'll die tired." -- What the archer said to the knight.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 08 Nov , 2004 10:00 pm

Farawen wrote:
They're mostly harmless, really.
I don't doubt this at all. :P

*E*

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 09 Nov , 2004 12:00 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Ditto what *E* said. I bet the mods/admin just overreacted. Still, I'm curious! :P

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Farawen
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 10 Nov , 2004 8:33 pm
Far out

Looks like I deleted them.

*headdesk*

Didn't think I'd need them again, you see.

I'll try to find them on the 'net again.

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 10 Dec , 2004 5:44 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

OK, OK.

Finally, here are all my sig pics, plus a few I never got round to using, and some that never made past the TOSS. 105 in total. Use as you see fit.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thelidles ... ?.dir=dd56

Some of the captions have been changed to reflect current events.

Not all of them were made by me, and it's been so long now that buggered if I can remember the source. My apologies to those on the internet.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Griffon64
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 10 Dec , 2004 6:02 pm
Garrulous Griffon

Thanks Lidless, that just killed half an hour for me ( yeah, my Internet connection is slow, thanks for asking :mrgreen: )

If I sounded sarcastic, I wasn't. Lotsa funny, there, and a few I never saw!

moment's hurt may harm or scar
but not inert nor beaten are
those who look and see afar
the healing hand of morning's star.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 05 Feb , 2005 5:15 am

Bump. :grouphug:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
peeg
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 05 Feb , 2005 6:34 am
You Tolkien to me?

Hey, good idea *E*. though i don't think i can contribute much....most of my sig pics on TORC where fantasy artworks i found on Elfwood. But i've added it to my favorites anyway ;)

[ img ]

"You can think and you can fight, but the world's always moving and if you wanna stay ahead you gotta dance"
~Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Feb , 2005 3:51 am
Grumpy cuz I can be

Ok so Photobucket has a pic limit of 250k. If the file is any bigger, it makes it smaller size wise.
I need a place to store an animated gif that is about 650k.
Any ideas?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Feb , 2005 7:43 am

Is Yahoo photos any good for that? I've never used them, and that is the only site I can think of at the mo.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]
Return to “The Turf”
Jump to: